Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 11:16
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from United States
Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Is It Common For Users to IV in Their Bicep (Cephalic) Vein?

SWIH is curious, and has a question for anyone who is a current IV heroin user, ex-IV heroin user, or knows something about vein care and harm reduction, etc.

Like most heroin users when they began IV-ing, SWIH started off using the veins in the crook of her arm(s), as these are the most obvious, and easiest to hit. Once she felt these were wearing out (although she can still use them occasionally), she found other veins to use. In particular, the two main ones that she started using after the ones in her arm crook began to give out, were the very large veins in each bicep, that run from one's shoulder to right above the elbow (actually, they probably extend further, but this is just where SWIH injects). SWIH assumed that most users started using these veins almost immediately after the obvious ones scar up/collapse, since they are fairly large, obvious, and can be used almost indefinitely withiut collapsing, but recently, she met a few long-time users (5+ years) that had NEVER tried using these veins, and began injecting in their forearms/hands/wrists, once the other veins gave out.

Did you start using your bicep veins quickly after you began your career as an IV drug user? Or are you a long-time user who has yet to use your cephalic vein?
Old 08-06-2011, 20:57
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Is It Common For Users to IV in Their Bicep (Cephalic) Vein?

I was a long-time user of the 3 main veins in the crook of the elbow. I can't find the vein you speak of in my own bicep.

When my inner elbow veins started to go because of excessive cocaine use, I used the veins in my wrists & hands, traveling as far up the forearm as I could (hides better there).

~Kailey
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48
Titanium Member

Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Wow, that's so interesting to SWIH. She always thought EVERYONE used this vein as soon as the main ones started to go, just because it's so much easier to hit than the wrist/forearm veins, but instead it seems like most people begin finding veins in their lower arms, as opposed to upper arms, when it's necessary to do so. On a slightly different note, SWIH's curious about the three different veins in the crook of your arm that you mentioned. Occasionally, very infrequently, SWIH can find a third vein toward the inside of her arm, but for the most part, she was only ever able to find two veins on the crook of her arm, the outer ones and the main inner one in the center, but whenever she tried to find the one on the inside, she'd end up bubbling her hit like 99% of the time.

Even though you're done IVing drugs, that's funny that you could never find the bicep one, as usually it's a lot more apparent on women than men, especially petite, small-boned, women (and I know you're like an inch taller than I am ) without super muscular arms. However, I know that intravenous cocaine is bad for veins, and makes them shrink somewhat, and SWIH thinks the bicep vein she's referencing is maybe an extension of the main inner vein in the elbow crook, so it could just be drastically shrunken due to IV cocaine use (SWIH's only IV'ed cocaine a handful of times, and usually in speedballs that consisted mainly of heroin).

However, for anyone out there who IV's heroin on a frequent or daily basis and feels they are running out of veins, and want to start using this one; once you're able to locate it, it's seemingly immortal, as veins go, and much easier to hit, in SWIH's opinion, than veins located in one's forearm. To locate this vein, drink some water, take a hot bath, do pushups, or anything to get the blood flowing. Then, take a rubber tourniquet, and tie off at the very top of the arm, so the tourniquet is touching the underarm on the inner side. Flex the muscles and rotate your wrist, while your other hand is on top of your bicep, below the tie. Even if ou don't see the actual bluish vein color, keep rotating your wrist until you can feel it, or see the raised line move back and forth (that is the vein). If you take good care of these two veins, they will last you an extremely long time, and are hard to miss with!

Last edited by Holly021255; 10-06-2011 at 09:49. Reason: line breaks
Old 17-06-2011, 03:58
Gold Member

Male from USA - Ohio
bloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way upbloot is on the way up
Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3 Points: 512, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

In my friends use, before getting clean from junk he would occasionally attempt at use in the cephalic vein at the location on top of his bicep. He emphasizes attempt because nine times out of ten he would push through the other side of the vein after registering. In the case of the former he would either miss some of his shot at first or the last little bit, due to the awkward positioning of the vein ( for him ). In addition to this I must say that it was very very unlikely that he would miss.. probably a 2%-5% occurence. Hitting this location was not a last resort but more so a third to last last resort if he couldn't get a red blossom on any other vein.
Old 17-06-2011, 10:03

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
johnb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

I once knew an owl that had very difficult to find veins, even in the crook of his wing. They were deep, rolled, didn't like to rise even with the help of a torniquet, and consequently he really over-used the few veins he could get, and after only 6 months of injecting was beginning to struggle when looking for veins.

The bicep then turned out to be a godsend. Although not 100% reliable, it worked as often as not, and the Owl was pretty pleased to have found it.

The owl was, and still is, keen to find some other injection sites that could be accessed with a minimum of skill and would appreciate further advice.
Old 25-06-2011, 06:19
Silver Member

Burn.the.sky is a decent psychonaut.Burn.the.sky is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

It actually took Swim about a year and a half to start using these, and to this day, she can only find the one in her right arm. She's one of those people who isn't lucky enough to have visible veins. One of her friends actually showed her this vein, up until that point, she didn't even know she had a vein there!

But she only used about two inches of this vein and after a year of constant use, it's starting to crap out on her. (It's always so sad when your favorite veins start to die...) Now she's starting to discover other ones, though these are on the left arm which is a bitch and a half to find veins on because it's covered with about seven years worth of scars.

Swim was wondering if there were any other veins that can compare to these?

Oh and speaking of good veins. What happens to Swim a lot is when she's dehydrated and she registers, there’s only a small leak instead of that beautiful plume of blood and Swim has a hard time telling where exactly where the vein was. The only vein that works well in cases like this is that one that goes diagonally, connecting the vein on the top center of the wrist, to the one that runs along the thumb side of the wrist. It’s about two inches from the wrist on Swim’s arm. This vein is a lifesaver when Swim is so frustrated she’s ready to put that rig through the wall.
Old 25-06-2011, 06:49
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from USA - Ohio
dragon fly is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

a friend of mine used this vein, but not because the others were used up, but because she had such a nice big vein in her bicep that was easy to see and hit.
that is the main placed she would shoot. Pretty much never had to go elsewhere; probably because she got clean not long after she started shooting the drug.
Old 27-06-2011, 04:35
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Motorfreak231 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

SWIM has been using this vein for years, tho it has finally started to act up in recent months. IT'S been used so much the track looks like a single 2 inch by 1/4 inch scar. Can't tell its a track until its tied off, showing the juicy vein beneath.
-J
Old 20-08-2011, 10:39

28 y/o Female from United Kingdom
lauramay0985 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

thank you after 2 mnts of injecting in my feet v dangerous as diabetic you helped me so thank you
Old 03-11-2011, 18:45

24 y/o Male from Serbia and Montenegro
MTD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

I was watching the NatGeo documentary about heroin, and I've seen that couple, that dude and girl, when he injects heroin to her shoulder. On the right side of right hand, like when you get that vaccine, on right side of biceps. I don't know. It seemed so easy to find for him, in documentary... I mean, i know that there is one deep vein in shoulder but there is artery too. How to find that vein in shoulder, right side (the opposite from inside) ,upper right part of biceps(right , or left hand- then left out side side)...PLEASE HELP.
Old 03-11-2011, 21:32
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11
Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5%

Swims friend preferred his bicep vein towards the end of his addiction. It takes people with pretty pronounced veins though as most people can't find that one. During swims relapses he would hit that vein because he had so much pressure behind his veins that the ones on his forearm would almost spray out blood when poked. Just imagine how pissed any of you would be to not do dope for months, finally decide to break and relapse, get home with the dope only to waste it as the blood sprays it all back out. It seems that bicep shots work just fine for getting high.

-GC
Old 17-02-2013, 11:18
Banned

25 y/o Male from United States
Camorphine is an unknown quantity at this point

The closer the injection site is to the heart, the faster it heals. this vein is my " ol' faithful".
Old 18-02-2013, 00:33
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
Possibilities is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Personally, if I can't find a vein in the crook of the elbow, and I'm around other people (even not in the same room), I'll immediately go for the neck. Otherwise, the thigh, or just above your knee will usually have some nice veins, especially if you're sitting down, or have your knees bent in some fashion, to where you can feel the stress of your pants/shorts on your leg, causing the veins in your thigh to pop nicely. Hitting the neck is difficult for a first timer, but most satisfying, I'd say. I've never seen the vein in your bicep, but then again, I'm a pretty scrawny dude (135lbs at most, haha), but I'd have to say it's safe, and most likely used often by others who have the luxury of having a vein that will pop up there.
Old 13-04-2013, 15:48

32 y/o Female from United States
User-friendly fem is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I'm glad to have this advice; I will be glad to try it out. A problem occurred similar to those mentioned about scarring in the crook of arm and it turned out that one day, after those being my main go to veins for years. I just couldn't hit them any longer. The bicep, though seemingly obvious, were never my second choice in location. I always assumed the lower arm and hands were best. Thanks

User-friendly fem added 747 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

I just want to thank everyone for posting on this topic. After years of rotating the same injection sites; I'm glad to say I have a new go-to location. I appreciate the comment about this being the "ol faithful"...you all gave me reason to try something and it works great. For anyone out there over-using the same veins, I would definitely recommend trying this as an alternative.

Last edited by User-friendly fem; 13-04-2013 at 15:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-04-2013, 23:50

23 y/o Female from United States
_Luna is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

When swim first started IVing and wasn't quite sure what she was doing, she tried to have fellow IV-experienced friends do it for her, but they could never hit her veins. This vein you're speaking of was, for swim, the first vein she could successfully hit (turns out it's very hard for other people to hit her, so she's glad she can herself)... It was much easier to hit than the one in the crook of her arm, in fact those first few months she could do it without tying off 9/10 times. Now swim has realized that vein is finally starting to fuck up on her, so she uses others, typically the large vein that runs on the outter part of your forearms from your wrist to your elbow, very prominent, looks like an artery.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 26-04-2013, 22:42

46 y/o Male from United States
jimmypins should review received reputation comments.

from bodybuilding i've got some incredible pipes,alot of them new ones that've grown out of no where,biceps predominantly but i can't seem to hit them.either out of fear or it took me so long to get them,idk.been chipping again,altho running subs too,and even tho i've got thick rope like veins it's hard to get a hit.once i see the flag i gotta play with it to make sure i'm in and not thru the vein.most craziest spots i've had to use were the groin and the neck cause the arm pipes fell down.back now but not as good as before...

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, cocaine, diacetylmorphine, diamorphine, heroin use, heroin user, inject black tar, injecting heroin, opioid, vein help, vein locations, vein rotation