Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:42
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from Australia
Arley needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Tumeric (Curcumin) and others- depression/anxiety

Hola SWIY
SWIM has suffered from debilitating anxiety/depression for about a year now, manifested from social isolation (Video gaming) presumably from social anxiety (SWIM never really connected with people)

SWIM recently went out and invested in many supplements and herbs, and tried a few

Kava kava pills (2.4g, 60mg Kavalactones) (Swim tried 4 and felt a slight mood improvement, no euphoria or total curing of symptoms, may try more for effects)

St Johns Wort - (2g root extract, 1mg hypericin)
SWIM had tried the standard dose in the past to no avail, however, today swim downed 6 in the morning, and 10 in the afternoon to try provoke a reaction. SWIM felt the same as he did on the SSRI celexa. a mood improvement, but symptoms far from cured. SWIM will try take 40 pills tomorrow to try see a difference

Ginseng (400mg Siberian, 400mg indian, 325mg Panax, 300mg american)
SWIM took one pill today and noticed markedly increased cognitive function. Although SWIM is quite sure that this caused a psychotic episode in the past and is reluctant to try a higher dose.

Rhodiola (500mg extract with 400mg Hops)
Swim took 14 pills in a day, and didn't notice much apart from a caffeine stimulation feeling, insomnia, and an incredible appetite

This is just info SWIM is giving just in case anyone has any advice.

The real topic, SWIM recently picked up two 25g packs of turmeric powder, and is looking to use this therapeautically. SWIM knows that he must take pepper with this to increase the bioavailability. SWIM is wondering how he can extract the curcumin from the tumeric, hopefully easily such as flax seed oil extraction. SWIM would rather not down lots of a turmeric on a daily basis, but will if necessary
Old 09-06-2011, 00:07
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Shanty is on the way upShanty is on the way upShanty is on the way upShanty is on the way up
Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%
Re: Tumeric (Curcumin) and others- depression/anxiety

Try drinking Yerba Mate. Get the loose leaf tea of a south american brand, use a french press to brew your self some, similar to coffee. It's an acquired taste, but Swim loves it! Sure, it does have caffeine, but it's got a bunch of other things into it that create a different effect.

Swim has always found Yerba Mate to be incredibly effective at turning the mood around, even in the most dire of situations. Not only will it elevate your mood, but the "happy" stimulation will most likely make you way more sociable.

Swim sings the praises of this plant.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:00
Mercury Member

Yeah, I've tried yerba mate. I dont know if it really had an effect :S.
It may have contributed to the brief hour of happiness before my psychotic episode a few days back (I drank two huge cups of it)
Old 10-06-2011, 19:00
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,438, Level: 19 Points: 18,438, Level: 19 Points: 18,438, Level: 19
Activity: 94.1% Activity: 94.1% Activity: 94.1%

OK, if someone had a psychotic episode a few days ago, they need to stop thinking about experimenting with any unusual drugs and just do what their doctors are telling them to.

Psychotic breaks are nothing to fuck around with.
Old 19-06-2011, 20:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
xJSL is captain of the psychonauts.xJSL is captain of the psychonauts.xJSL is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 515, Level: 3 Points: 515, Level: 3 Points: 515, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I was just wondering, why is that person experimenting with such high doses? Such as "I took 14 capsules today.." Why don't you just try a regular dose? More isn't always better. For example, too high of a dose of seizure meds can cause a paradoxical reaction such as aggression. Just my 2c's.
-snr
Old 20-06-2011, 07:25
Mercury Member

They probably are experimenting with high doses because they've tried normal doses long term and havn't felt any therapeutic effect.
Swim is just looking for relief, no recreational benefits.
Old 29-06-2011, 14:25
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Netherlands
Lodewijkp is on the way upLodewijkp is on the way upLodewijkp is on the way up
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

swims anxiety cannot be solved with drugs ..social anxiety is not normal human behaviour. certain plants can decrease the physical aspect of anxiety... i am the same personality type , often spend time in isolation and had social anxiety.

after a few years i just decided to go to night clubs solo and start talking to woman.. social skills is something you need to learn so the first few interactions will be little bit awkward but hey in order to fly you need to learn how to fly.

actually i overcame my anxiety ... had a few relationships with woman...
i didn't use any drugs at that time ... no weed , no alcohol ... didn't use anything.

before you use any substance i recommend swim talks to a psychologist...what you are showing is the beginning of destructive behaviour , no substance can take away fear - drugs can only increase emotions so swim have to deal with them directly.

if there is an emotional problem - drugs may make you concious of certain emotional problems...but you need to have a very strong personality in order to deal with such situations. my pink elephant had horrible experiences from mushrooms to alcohol.. even tho he is a very strong personality.
Old 30-06-2011, 11:10
Mercury Member

I have fine social skills. just that i couldn't care less to talk to people because i get no benefit from it. i dont think its social anxiety, although it could be. i dont know how people with SA would feel so i dont have a clue.
I actually dont believe there is such a thing as social skills. its all in how you feel, the only way someone wouldn't have social skills is if they havn't talked to someone in years, and that would probably be cured in like a week.

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, curcumin, depression, drug, insomnia, snorting, social anxiety, stimulant, turmeric

» New Threads
Lucky Australia, we still have the...
Last post by Cwb20022
6 Replies, 92 Views
Speed or ice?
Last post by secretsmoker92
0 Replies, 1 Views
Cocaine and benzodiazepines /...
Last post by Opiateboi
136 Replies, 129,869 Views
Kratom and skin pigmentation.
Last post by Dankfish