Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 18-02-2006, 16:59
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
deji is learning how to become a psychonaut.
So who kicked methadone cold turkey?

Was on meth for 5 years, and walked off 25mg 14 days ago...actually took 50mg the last day. The worst has past for sure. Still have dopesickness in me though.

So how did you finally kill it? Need to kill this and never look back. This has been the hardest withdrawal of my life.

Just been blasting music and dancing like crazy, hitting hard as hell to break my muscles. Moving around feels good.

Sitting around moping makes me feel horrible, need really loud music and to move and feel better.

What about you guys? How did you kill it?

I did use benzos from day 3 to day 10 and had horrible rebound anxiety from them, these past days....but seems to have left now. Just left with that gross dope sick feeling. Strength is coming back too.

Looking for some suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by deji; 18-02-2006 at 17:09.
Old 18-02-2006, 18:35
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
oldman is on the way upoldman is on the way upoldman is on the way up
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
that's along time on methadone dude. You deserve a lot of credit. I can't personally vouch for how hard it is but I've had friends that went back to street dope to get off methadone. You're right the worst should be over. All the treatment centers I've been in I know pump a lot of vitamins into guys coming off dope. say the levels are depleted for awhile. you're probably doing the right thing keeping active. mopers tend to just stay that way. By a book called the complete guide to rational recovery. it's good dude, not 12 step stuff at all. tells you why your brain makes you do things you think you don't want to.

I don't know what to really tell you otherwise other than think about the whole methadone program and who makes out in that deal. it ain't the addicts as I'm sure you've found. there's a Dr on my road that owns 3 clinics and he's gotten really fat from them.

I just wanted to say something positive to you when I saw your thread. that's a tough battle. hang in there. I really hate to see people's lives run by drugs. it shouldn't have to be that way.
Old 18-02-2006, 19:09
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
There is no easy way off meth. I had to do this since couldnt take being controlled by it anymore, along with the clinic system. I have some friends that will be on for life probably. Im not going that way. Only 26. Have my whole life ahead of me. Got caught up into heroin at a young age and hopped on meth and never able to get off. Had to say screw it and endure this withdrawal. I have tried many times to cold turkey it. Finally did it this time. Well, doing it, too far now to go back. I beat it in my mind, just need to kill it now.
Old 19-02-2006, 02:50
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

62 y/o
eukadol is an unknown quantity at this point
Kicking Methadone

Good start Brother,

Yeah, the worst is over. I always listened to hard ass rock kicking narcotics and danced. The movement seems to give some sort of release. Then when I got a week or two in I would go hit tennis balls up against the backboard. Heavy exercise that I enjoyed really helped me. I don't know if you are quiting everything but good weed helped a lot too. Music though is totally incredible after the deadening effect of long term methadone. I know all about it. I shot dope for thirty three years off and on. I always felt like a prisoner when on MMT and hated it. I even went so far as to do rapid opiate detox coming off off 150mgs. I would not wish ROD on my worst enemy. (well, maybe my worst enemy). Get exercise, try to eat, smoke weed, take a little bit of a downer, do some clonidine, Immodium is great for the stomach cramps, do what you got to do to get that damn methadone out of your system. If you are a praying man then pray for some slack, or some sleep, whatever. SWIM still does does drugs but does not fuck with methadone anymore. I hated being controled by those losers. Best of luck, Eukodol
Old 19-02-2006, 03:47

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Congrats to all you who are getting off the junk! Eukadol, you make a great point about the immodium. That works wonders for sure. It actually works like an opiate in the stomach, but it does not pass the blood-brain barrier. If it did, it would be a narcotic believe it or not.
Old 19-02-2006, 04:41
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Thanks for the reply all.

Yeah, smoking. Didnt have any today though. Drinking a bit. Been using imodium for last few days too. It seemed to work good the first day, now cant feel it.

Took last clonidine last night, may be getting rebound effects from taht too.

Benzos help ALOT, but ran out. Its ok though, last thing I want to do is get hooked on those.

So hopefully with just some weed and drinking and time and exercise can make it out of this life of misery.

Methadone is the worst. Curse the day I went on it. Although was never able to stop dope, so who knows where I would be today.

Also wanted to say, I truely feel for anyone on methadone. You guys are in for the ride of your life one day. I wish you the easiest detox possible.

Anyone who reads this, be careful with opiates. The time will come when you will suffer and it isnt worth the little high the opiate gave you. Trust me.

And yeah, the music is great. Probably only thing keeping me sane.

Last edited by deji; 19-02-2006 at 05:12.
Old 19-02-2006, 14:07
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Man, I way over did it yesterday. I feel like someone sucked the soul right out of me. Dope sick from the depths of hell.

I would commit a crime for a benzo right now.

Getting some weed shortly I 'hope'.

I can see why people kill themselves over this stuff now. Horrible.
Old 19-02-2006, 14:47
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
hang in there deji, I wanna read your posts for a long time. It kills me that the gov. is willing to stand behind the MMT as a geat success but refuses to decriminalize drugs like pot and mdma.
Old 19-02-2006, 22:13
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
I know I have to learn this swim thing someday, and I will.

Smoked a bit of weed and made all the difference. Feeling better. It raises you up out of hell a bit, but still on fire for sure.

Only day 15, hopefully will be out of acute withdrawal by day 30 or 45. Maybe even sooner. Just have to take it day by day and realize this is only temporary, and only I can end it for myself. I have to bury this disease of mine and forget where I buried it.

I finally realized something. Weed brings you to peace in withdrawal. You learn to accept it much better. Without weed, it is pure hell. Earlier today was the worst I have ever felt in my life, was even having suicidal thoughts. Would never suicide, but the thoughts were still there, relating to how someone would kill themselves over this. Smoked, it brought me to total peace and rest of day has been smooth. Filled with wonderful music. Heard dj czesslove-breakstorm on the radio, was amazing. Was checking all over for this CD trying to find it too hehe. I can finally FEEL music again. And its great.

Oh well, just wanted to mention that.

Last edited by deji; 20-02-2006 at 02:44.
Old 21-02-2006, 16:22
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Day 17, very sick today Was not able to sleep at all. So sleep defecit is filling and feel like crap.

Feels like this will never end.
Old 22-02-2006, 02:36

31 y/o
sarah_marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Wow you are doing great hang on in there I have also been on methadone coming up for the 6th year now I am on 25ml now was reducing weekly before and got down from 90ml -10ml in about a year but relapsed and got them to put me back up to 25ml I so badly want of this now I want to feel normal even though I have'nt felt normal in 8 years so have forgotten what it feels like.
You are doing great man I did'nt realise methadone withdrawal lasts that long I have only been 1 day without and could'nt do it you have great will power
If you wanna talk I'm here
Old 22-02-2006, 15:13
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Slept a bit, feeling better.

When kicking methadone, you HAVE to control the sleep. If you let the withdrawal control it, the following day will be much worse. Because the withdrawal carries on forever and it will end up rocking your world if you let it.

Anyways, kicking MMT cold turkey is one hell of a ride. I never knew withdrawal could get that bad. Was the sickest I have ever been in my life yesterday, 17 days straight withdrawal, no sleep for like a week. Damn, was rocking me. Thank god my body shut down and passed out finally. I was even starting to see shadows and stuff fly by me. The lowest of low.

Getting some sleep aids today, so next days should be smooth I hope, have to be careful since last thing I want is another drug to hook into me. Need to push closer to day 30. Hopefully by then my body will kick up endorphin production. Once the methadone has left you, you are just a chemically depleted person suffering endlessly.

Last edited by deji; 22-02-2006 at 15:20.
Old 22-02-2006, 20:48

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Deji, I would like to thank you for sharing your struggles with all of us. I hope this thread will make people think twice before using such a serious drug. Hang in there!
Old 22-02-2006, 21:49
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Thanks man,

Just trying to give inspiration to other people feeling trapped on MMT like I did, showing that it can be done.

Also, as you said, hopefully people will think twice before getting on MMT.

And before anyone tries anything crazy like I did. Be ready, it gets bad, worse than you could ever imagine. You just have to stay strong and agree to yourself that wherever teh withdrawal takes you, you will go. Its a life changing experience, and you have to dig deep inside of you for strength.
Old 22-02-2006, 21:52
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Well, methadone was originally named Dolophine in honor of Adolph Hitler (it was invented in Nazi Germany during WWII). I'll bet that comes as no surprise to you.
Old 22-02-2006, 21:59
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
Deji, hang in dude, you're doing a great job. I hope you inspire a lot of people here that you can take control of yourslef when your sick and tired.

you mention about not wanting to be addicted to another drug, think benzos. most treatment facilities I've been in have people suffering opiate withdrawal on a sleep aid called remeron (not positive about the spelling). apparently it works well and has less potential for addiction than many others (like benzos -- they're sneaky bastards). lunesta is pretty good too accept for the taste in your mouth the next day. these are just suggestions to look into not advice from a medical professional.

my stints in rehab seeing people come off opiates has always made me really consider if that's what I want to have to pay back with someday. I don't. thanks for keeping it green for me. good luck
Old 22-02-2006, 23:39
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Wyborowa is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2
First of all, i would like to congratulate you on your difficult journey. I hope God gives you the strenght to carry on as a human being without being impaired by any chemicals at all. A pure person.

But on a different note, i am very surprised that you are not on suboxone. This is a wonderful drug. It's taken to detox you off heroin and opiates. You let the orange tablet dissolve under your tounge, and in about half an hour, your dopesickness is vanished! You actually feel normal. Right now i'm on a suboxone maintenece program, after so many weeks at one dosage, you slowly, slowly taper off, and eventually, u take a little crumble of the pill and then your good to go!!

The problem is, you need to find a doctor who is certified to prescribe suboxone, even then , there may be a waiting period because they are only allowed 30 patients on it at a time. I'm surprised people still go on methadone, when this suboxone is availible to them. I'm telling you, its great! You can easily find a buprenorphine (main ingredient in suboxone) doctor near you. Just to go yahoo.com and type in, Buprenorphine doctors, and there will be a website where u can enter ur location, and it will give you a list.

Good luck man! Hang in there!
Old 23-02-2006, 00:02
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Subs is just like methadone. Opiod maintenance. Works a bit different of course. Wanted to rid my life of opiates 100% and not be 'dependent' on a chemical just to feel 'normal'. You arent even normal anyway, you are just numbed to keep your disease in check. Well, at least I was.

You wont see me at the clinic ever again or giving them tons of cash ever again

By the way, I do believe in sub or methadone detox to ease the withdrawal. But not maintenence, especially MMT. Subs are supposedly a bit genter withdrawal, but if you look around, you wont find that to be that true.

Not sure how long you have been on maintenance, but think about what you want. The longer on maintenance, the harder it is to get off. With methadone that is true for sure, wouldnt see how any different than subs since its a long acting opiate that hooks into your brain very tightly. And its only when you try to get off you will see how bad its hooked into you.

Knew a dude that was on subs for 7 years. He was STILL sick after 5 months even after jumping off the lowest dose possible. Just educate yourself on long term maintenance. And PAWS as well, since longer on maintenance, the worse your PAWS will be, driving you back to opiates/opiods. The worst part being the sleep. Know people that kicked long term methadone and 3 years later and sleep still aint right. You can speed it up by lots of exercise and eating right. Sitting around and eating like crap, paws may never leave. You are only 18 man, have your whole life ahead of you. Kill this disease now while you can. You dont want to end up like me, thats for sure. Or even worse, 40 years old and still on maintenance. And the grand finally, maintenance for life.

But I know how it is. Day to day heroin addiction is a miserable way to live. We take the easy way out and hop on maintenance without even thinking twice about it. I did the same.

Last edited by deji; 23-02-2006 at 01:43.
Old 23-02-2006, 20:04
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Herbal Remedy is a decent psychonaut.Herbal Remedy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
i dont want to hijack the thread at all, i was just wondering if taking methadone blocks the effects of other painkillers. Swim isnt into the hard stuff so much but he is in a great deal of pain and his perscribed vicodin wont do shit. swim is wondering if he got a lil methadone and took it, would that weaken the effects of the vicodin or would they be a good combo for pain n all? just wanted to make sure i was getting my info from reliable people so any replies would be greatly appreciated... peace!
Old 23-02-2006, 21:46
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
herbal, methadone is a very good painkiller.unfortunately if you listen to these guys you'll find that you gotta pay the loss of pain back with interest like one of those 0% credits cards that you miss one payment on (like 26% or something) takes a long time to pay it back. figure out where yo're pain is coming from.

vicodin only ever made swims nose and ears itch alot. thought there were alot of other better but also potentially more addictive meds out there. shifting from vicodin to methadone woudl be like going from BAYER to oxycontin.

as for the suboxon, the last treatment center I was in (Hazelden) I beleive would only keep you on it at the most 21 days, and that was only a select few hard core, down and outers. they wanted you off at least a week before you got shiped off to wherever. don't rmember people having a lot of withdrawal after being taken off suboxone. can't imagine any place (except unless of course you are county funded) that would want you staying on it for a long time.

was in one place before hazelden that had guys (county funded) on seraquil, methadone, trazadone, and remeron for six months without any end in site (as long as county $ was coming in). they got their meds at 8:00, by the 8:45 lecture half the residents were slumped over giving themselves head. i know that's a nasty metaphor but it's the most accurate way to describe their state. most of them had a puddle of drool all over the floor where they were slumped. nobody cared. best thing was half these guys thought they were actually getting better. if you have been on maintainance meds for 6 months and catatonic half the time in a rehab facility what kinda life is that. I lasted about 48 hours in that place before I bolted AMA (against medical advice).

hang in there deji. no point in going on meds now bud. in a week you're gonna feel better than now and so on. I have so much respect for you being able to do this on you're own. not giving into the "professionals" and I use that term loosely. the only profeesionals in this game I know are guys like you bud that just get sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Old 23-02-2006, 23:44
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Well, I did take a handful of benzo over last couple days. I never used a benzo in my life before this withdrawal. So, just need a little and helps like crazy. Got a 4 hour nap yesterday and then 9 hour last night. This may be last day of benzo since 2 day vacation is good. Just needed to rest up and get some strength and retake control, it was kicking my ass these last few days, horrible. Hopefully doesnt go that bad again once the benzos stop.

Need to earn my sleep back on my own to really take care of this.
Old 24-02-2006, 01:28
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5
I went to the Netherlands to do Iboga, and that is how I beat methadone... I was on 100mgs a day.. I had been on it for over 3 years, and was addicted to heroin and pills for about 3 years before that... The iboga sure pushed me far along in the withdrawal, but I have been opiate free for 2 years in april... I feel good, no cravings, and I have also quit cigs, drinking soda and sweets, and my opiate tolerance has been reset... I nodded off of two vicodins I had when I had broken bones, since then. They were not hard to stop, either, when the pain subsided... Best of luck, just stay strong...
Old 24-02-2006, 08:39
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
CrookedEye: There's an Ibogaine experience thread here

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=Iboga

Please consider contributing your experience
Old 24-02-2006, 08:44
Silver Member

34 y/o Male
Not any ibogaine in USA, have to cruise to mexico and pay like 6k for metahdone. Or to vancouver, not sure if free there or costs, but long waiting lists I hear.

Neither an options for me, although, would have done it in a second. Probably takes you on the experience of your life doesnt it?
Old 24-02-2006, 13:19
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5
It only cost me about $2,200 US to fly to Amsterdam, stay for a week, paid for food, cannabis, iboga treatment, and a week stay... Thanks, jalteka, I'll check out the thread and post a writeup soon...

http://www.drugwar.com/sitwchap29.shtm

Here is photos of the lady who gave me treatment, Soma, who I also met, and some of Sara's plants... The article was written by a member of the ibogaine mailing list I belong to..

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, clonidine for opiate withdrawal, cold turkey, detox, drug, drug addiction, iboga foundation, methadone, methadone cold turkey, methadone detox, sara glatt, weed, withdrawal