Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 11:13
Silver Member

Female from United States
McWigg~N~Peeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
HOLY SHIT!!! Hitting in the legs/feet...advice VERY much needed!!

Ok so this "Jesus" fellow (you remember, the one behind my couch) wears flip flops and has given much thought to trying to IV in his feet and or legs...Now the problem with this is the 1 time he's done his foot it turned out horrible...somewhat easy to hit but hurt like a mofo and left a increasingly bigger by the day bruise..

And with the leg the first try he got frustrated and figured maybe the vein was really deeper then first thought and switched back to his arm..last night I saw him sitting on the floor in the bathroom (THE BATHROOM OK NOT BEHIND THE COUCH..WTF!? MUST BE HIGH!) and the first real try he was so worried it was going to hurt he was looking at the needle going in and out of his skin he didn't bother to see there was blood in the syringe and didn't catch at what point it started entering so with much plunger like movements he got alittle injected only to find it had to of missed...

then the second time with more attention on the syringe and not so much on the needle and this time he got alittle more injected but the same situation happened...only that time he was so nervous (first time doing it alone) and his hands were so sweaty it went horribley wrong as well...ok well I can't say horribley wrong because the second time there was more injected but with much more digging...so now "Jesus" is acting like a bitch and hasn't come out from behind the couch even with much poo throwing and insults from the couch monkies and his leg has a couple good bruises...

The first real leg hit was on the shin and that's where the bigger kinda raised/swollen bruise is..which is crazy and it's most likely because it's closer to the bone..but he didn't do much digging there..hmmm not much of anything made it in the first real leg hit and the second well IDK about anyone else but when you miss you INSTANTLY know and withdrawl right?! It's never..."oh well it's feeling like flaming barbwire in my vein..ehh..but...maybe it wil go away,. Let's try to push more in and faster WOO BRING ON THE BURN!!" so I think he'll be fine..

He just keeps bugging me with the whole I died for you the least you can do is write a thread about this..and well I guess it would it look kinda like a HUGE slap in the face to religion if "Jesus" dies AGAIN and this time from missing on an IV of METHAMPHETAMINE!! LOL Geez!
Old 03-06-2011, 16:25
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: HOLY SHIT!!! Hitting in the legs/feet...advice VERY much needed!!

So...

What is the actual question?

~Kailey
Old 03-06-2011, 23:29
Silver Member

Any advice on hitting the legs/feet..basically...lol..sorry very ADHD sometimes when I write..one thing just leads to another and the subject of the matter gets lost in the mix...

Is it bad/good and what not
Old 03-06-2011, 23:43
Silver Member

63 y/o Male from United States
Der Alte Kreiger is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1

Got pretty good veins but of course some times you run out of places.

Never had good luck with hitting in my feet, so so in my wrists and hands for a few years there'

I was in rehab with a girl that lost her hand from shooting speedball in her wrist.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17
Silver Member

The wrists are always a very ify spot...watched a few friends trying to "help" each other IV when really 2 out of the 3 kinda knew what they were doing and the 3rd had NO IDEA what so ever...would have been funny if it weren't for the seriousness of losing a limb, the pain that came along with it for weeks to come..story is this chick was trying to IV in her wrist so her tattoo would hide whatever the result of injecting would be and her friend and bf were "helping" and the friend aka R-TARD was pushing down on the vein constricting the flow right as the plunger was being pushed in and the end result was a HUGE lump...I believe it was Dilaudid so it wasn't the same burning effect of Methamphetamine still uncomfortable I'd imagine..kinda reminds me of something you'd see in the 3 stooges...but 3 stooges meets worst case scenerio lol..glad her hand didn't need to be removed though that would have sucked..

Now when you say hands do you mean the tops of your hands or your palms or both?!
Old 04-06-2011, 13:56
Gold Member

kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute

Top of the hands, no real 'hitable' veins in the palms. Some people manage to hit the veins on their fingers, but they have to go VERY slow & use VERY thin gauge needles. I actually have a vein at the base of my middle finger of my left hand (it faces my index finger) that looks like I could hit it pretty well, but I would never dare try. Plus, those veins are so small you're likely to blow them out with one or two uses.

The veins in the hands are usually 'rollers', but with some IV experience in other spots on your body the rolling veins get a little easier to figure out how to hit. I don't think I could possibly explain how I used to do it; it's definitely something I'd have to show someone. Still, hitting the veins in the forearm (they don't roll as much as the hands) can be done, like anything else, practice makes perfect!

I tried the foot once; though it looks good & juicy & easy to hit, they're actually really thin (compared to the ones in the crook of the elbow), the move/roll very easily & because your body has to pump harder to get the blood moving, they are slower to heal. They look so plump because they're so much more below the heart. You can make your arm veins pop up by putting some heat on it for a bit, then doing a few 'windmills' with your arms, then leaning forward so your elbow is a decent amount of space lower than your heart, put on the tourniquet, sit back up & do some fist clench/unclenching & you're good. OH! But before all of that, make sure you've been drinking a good amount of water/non-caffeinated beverages so that you're well-hydrated!

Hitting the inside of my ankle has gone okay sometimes, but it always hurts to do so (just inserting the needle hurts a lot, unlike most other spots on the body) & it has a tendency to balloon/bubble - again, I'm pretty sure it's because it's a small/thin vein, though it looks good again because it's below the heart level.

In addition to veins on the top of the wrist, there are also ones on the side of the wrist, near the thumb, I've had success with those. I've seen many people who can hit on the underside of their forearm (the part that's usually lighter in color & doesn't have (as much?) hair) - I am not one of them, however.

There's also 3 good veins you can hit in the crook of your elbow, so one might want to check for those as well.

Find a diagram of the veins in the body to get a rough idea of where you should be looking for veins; finding better ones in the arm is much better for you, health-wise, than trying to hit your legs & feet! Trying to hit my legs and/or feet, either because my arm veins were mad at me or because I wanted to try to hide my track marks never really worked out for me. It was always painful, I always bruised more, it almost always left a bump/bubble & I'd often end up missing half the shot. >.<

~Kailey
Old 04-06-2011, 14:09
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from Earth
Topman is a decent psychonaut.

I have nice, juicy, visible veins in my hands. But I am scared to shoot into those. I know that after will hardnered. Never used methamph IV, only opiates.My other profesion is clasic guitar player and I need my hands. I have stoped shooting all together 7 yrs ago, then I started few mhonts ago again and in that time, somehow, my veins dissapeared and I am unable to shoot. But that is a really good thing! I dont do it anymore and I have not even desire to start. So something need to happen to force you to stop.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:04
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Australia
Shabudabadoo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

Swim's always stuck with slamming meth in the joint at fore arm. Shooting in hands and feet seems like a bit more of a give away as (from what I've seen) the injection site seems to get "speed bumps" much easier the obvious one, can't wear gloves all day : ) what ever works for swiy though each to there own.
Old 02-11-2012, 17:20
Silver Member

ccblaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

[QUOTE=kailey_elise;991042]
The veins in the hands are usually 'rollers', but with some IV experience in other spots on your body the rolling veins get a little easier to figure out how to hit. I don't think I could possibly explain how I used to do it; it's definitely something I'd have to show someone. Still, hitting the veins in the forearm (they don't roll as much as the hands) can be done, like anything else, practice makes perfect!

Coraline knows this is VERY old post, she doesnt even know you you still on DF?
if so she had kind of an emergency this morn and posted about it... with NO replies (no one answering her posts which are important need to know things for her and no one replies)
she had her tea party friends over and one had deep-rolling veins and the lady brought short needles
(Q: looked/felt like they could have been hit with a longer needle... could they have been?)
so the gentleman said he always shot in hand... Coraline did this stuff for MANY people (noobs/when someone could not find a vein) but never experienced rolling veins.
Poor guy was prolly poked...idk between 25-50 times... n only took ONE lump of sugar....
attempted 2nd but failed.
his lady friend tried using her fingernails to kind of lift the vein it worked the first time but that just made ithe veins harder to see really
can you give ANY tips?
Coraline would GREATLY appreciate and is sure Gentleman would too!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 18:44
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccblaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
Coraline knows this is VERY old post, she doesnt even know you you still on DF?
if so she had kind of an emergency this morn and posted about it... with NO replies (no one answering her posts which are important need to know things for her and no one replies)
she had her tea party friends over and one had deep-rolling veins and the lady brought short needles
(Q: looked/felt like they could have been hit with a longer needle... could they have been?)
so the gentleman said he always shot in hand... Coraline did this stuff for MANY people (noobs/when someone could not find a vein) but never experienced rolling veins.
Poor guy was prolly poked...idk between 25-50 times... n only took ONE lump of sugar....
attempted 2nd but failed.
his lady friend tried using her fingernails to kind of lift the vein it worked the first time but that just made ithe veins harder to see really
can you give ANY tips?
Coraline would GREATLY appreciate and is sure Gentleman would too!!!!
Wow. Well, it would help a bit to not be so obtuse. Just speak clearly - making sure everyone understands what you're talking about/asking is vitally important to getting clear information in return! *grin* What is a 'tea party', and lump of sugar? That's a little confusing for me. And knowing for sure the drug in question makes a difference.

I'll assume methamphetamine, as that's the forum we're currently in. So, stimulants. Stimulants make your veins constrict (get smaller), and each subsequent shot is harder to hit, because of the veins shrinking.

Water. Drinking lots & lots of water! This keeps your veins plump.

Heat. Hot washcloth on the area you're trying to inject in, or I used to keep a heating pad next to my desk chair for cramps; when I became an IV drug user, it was great because I'd use it on my inner arm for 10 minutes or so to warm up the area, which helps bring veins closer to the surface.

Um, not sure what to call this, but exercising the area helps bring up the veins too. "Windmill" your arm, or hold it well-below the heartline while making & releasing a fist over and over (squeezing a kind of squishy ball helps too).

Keeping the part of the arm/hand you want to inject into below the heartline helps as well. So can a tourniquet, but you're really supposed to loosen the tourniquet prior to injecting. Basically: tie off, let the vein plump up, insert needle, register. Then loosen the tourniquet & reregister to make sure you're still in the vein. This becomes more difficult as time goes on and/or with rolling veins. The only way I can think of to make injecting with the tourniquet still on is to make sure you tie off VERY loosely. You want the tourniquet to just barely be making the blood flow slow down. And then inject VERY slowly in order to try to prevent the vein from blowing out. This still isn't a GREAT method, though. Make certain to use something thick enough - a shoestring or tie from your hoodie or pantyhose is NOT GOOD. Belt is good. Braiding some pantyhose together then using that can work. Wrapping the sleeve of your sweatshirt around your arm works (obviously not while your arm is IN the sleeve, haha!). I always had a 'real' tourniquet myself - I usually got them at the needle exchange, but I've also snagged 'em from the lab when getting blood drawn.

If someone else is doing it, you'll probably have better luck. The person being injected can hold their skin taut - if going into the forearm, for instance, the injectee can grasp the skin under the arm & pull it tight, which will tighten the skin of the forearm without being in the way of the injector. This technique can usually work in other areas as well.

Slightly longer needles will probably help too. I always used 1/2" length needles personally, and rarely had problems.

~Kailey

ETA: I forgot to mention, every time you poke the needle through the skin, you dull it. Dull needles are harder to use, MUCH harder to use. Also important is to make sure not to dull the needle before you even try to hit via banging it around in the cooker/spoon/whatever.

To this end, I always had a needle designated as the 'mixing needle'. This was a needle that had never been in anyone's body that I used for drawing up & mixing my shot. Once drawn up into the needle (though a cotton, naturally), I would then backload my brand-new syringe with it, in order to keep the new needle's point as sharp as possible. Backloading can be tricky without practice, but basically, you take the plunger out of the new needle & keeping it about horizontal, slowly squirt the mix into the empty barrel. You do NOT want the solution at the needle end, but more towards the middle. Otherwise, when you put the plunger back in, you'll start squirting it out. So, replace the plunger until it's closed the chamber off, then hold the syringe vertically & do the flicking thing you do to make sure there's no air in the syringe. Once all the air is at the top (obviously, it'll be more than you're used to having to push out, haha!), squish it out & proceed as normal.

This also works for splitting shots. Then there's no "your pile's bigger than mine!" bullshit, and you don't have people dipping their dirty points into the same cooker to draw up a mixed shot.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but if you haven't hit someone after poking them, like, 5 times, you need to move the shot into a new syringe. Which involves the aforementioned backloading if you're using insulin syringes, as is typically available in the USA.

~Kailey

Last edited by kailey_elise; 03-11-2012 at 13:15. Reason: adding info on switching needles
Old 03-11-2012, 07:53
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Murderith7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

DON'T DO IT. As a 9 year IV user, I have "run out" of veins plenty of times, but have NEVER dared ventured out beyond my arms/hands. I PROMISE you, there are useful veins in them. And as impossibly difficult to hit as they may seem to be, they will work out MUCH better than your legs or feet will. Do this...some time when you are NOT fiending for a hit, make one, and sit down and really take the time to explore your arm veins. Keep 2 things in mind: NEVER start shooting if you are not DEFINITELY in a vein (if you THINK you are in one, do not proceed). 2-if the needle begins to slowly fill with blood, ABORT IMMEDIATELY. As opposed to following the inclination to ponder if you are in or not/move the needle around because before you know it your whole rig is filled with blood and you just made doing what you have to do 2000 times more difficult, if not altogether impossible. For me, I have not had to "explore" for quite some time now. That enormous horse vein that runs up the underside of your forearm...can't miss it. When I wear out a spot I just move further up. When I run out of room to move up anymore, enough time hasnpassed to where I can start back at the beginning.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28
Silver Member

ccblaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

Thank you Kailey for all your input, VERY helpful and all the safety tips. Kat always keeps caps on over needle point and never shares ANYTHING. not bottle caps, needles, solution (water bottles/glass of water ect.) or of prepared solution... only problem IS fresh needles. often that is a big problem.
Kat's seen/picked up on (via junkie friend), when in desperate times, sharpening on back of book of matches? and of course sterilizing it before and after. The point goes from like, when you run your finger down the longer side like not over the hole but the other side, being able to FEEL the tip curved backwards, to it feeling straight and smooth.
Kat apologizes for her friend Coralines post.
she said tea party just meant gathering and one lump meant shot. lol
and yes you are correct, Coralines DOC is meth and that is what her post is about ^__^
Thank you so much on behalf of Coraline and KiTTy-Kat ^__^

Last edited by MrG; 13-11-2012 at 07:21. Reason: Removal of superfluous full-post quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:36
Gold Member

If you don't have a needle exchange nearby (check Harm Reduction to see if there's one near you - click on the map), ordering online is a very viable option! Easy as pie, discrete shipping, less expensive than getting them at the pharmacy. You could split a box with a friend if you like, or pay a bit more & order single syringes (I recommend the box - it's VERY inexpensive. It's inexpensive for a box at the pharmacy, ffs! *giggle*).

Fresh pins are very important for being able to hit well, esp when doing stims.

~Kailey
Old 10-11-2012, 19:29

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
wallop is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I caution anyone against injecting in the feet. I state this from personal experience!

Get it wrong and you'll fuck up the foot injected. I know someone who did just that back in February this year and was subsequently unable to walk for eight weeks followed by a further couple of months of recovery. The attached image shows what could happen. I'll spare you the gory detail.

Please don't let it happen to you - steer clear of your feet.

Old 23-11-2012, 17:51

24 y/o Female from United States
SecretlyStuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

My first choice of places to hit is and always will be the top of my hands. Easy as pie to hit as long as you don't hesitate when sticking in the needle (I'm guessing a quick poke gets the needle in before the vein rolls) But like every IV user knows sometimes you don't get what you want. Blown veins constricted veins sore can't find or hit them in preferred spot for whatever reason. When that has happened I have hit in many places. The feet hurt almost every time the legs and shin are hard to see on most people and I prefer not to dig so I stay away if I can but it is safe since you were wondering. You can honestly hit in any vein if it came down to it. If I can't get my hands or forearms I go for the neck or collerbone area(with a mirror obviously) those are pretty easy to see even when dehydrated. Also under your tounge are two always plump and juicy veins. I don't suggest it as I'm not a doctor and not positive medically what "could" happen but I know on the times I've done it it has worked fine.

Share this on:

Tags
injecting, meth amphetamine, meth damage, missed vein

Sitelinks: Information: