Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 31-05-2011, 14:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from United States
HateToFeel is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Bali Kratom

Swim has tried kratom a few times in the past; the kind he is used to is Super Premium Indonesian Kratom. Swim recently bought some Premium Bali Kratom and he decided to try it out for the first time last night. About two hours before he took it he downed about 16 ounces of grapefruit juice to potentiate the kratom. He took about 8 grams of the Bali kratom (the strongest dosage he had taken) in capsule form on an empty stomach (hadn't had anything to eat for about 7 hours) and about an hour later it fully kicked in and Swim was feeling a fantastic opiate-like high. But, an hour after that, Swim could noticeably feel the kratom wearing off and his high continued to wear off throughout the night. When swim took the Super Premium Indonesian (also in capsule form) his high lasted 4-5 hours before it started to wear off. Does anyone know why this happened? Is Bali really shitty kratom and swim just wasted his money? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 31-05-2011, 15:05
Titanium Member & Lawyer

33 y/o Male from United States
Khariz is a decent psychonaut.Khariz is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Bali Kratom

I'm not sure what happened, but that doesn't sound normal. My gerbil takes Bali kratom almost daily with absolutely no potentiating agents and experiences a good 4 hours of effect after it starts to kick in.

It's less likely to have to do with something being wrong with Bali kratom in general and more likely to have something to do with that particular kratom or vendor.

If it's too old, comprised of not enough leaf, mixed with something else, etc. one will get poor effects. My gerbil recommends trying again without grapefruit juice. If SWIY can handle it, try a toss and wash with warm or hot water. If effects aren't felt for a couple hours there may be something wrong/old with the Kratom. In such a case, I would contact the vendor and ask for a replacement batch (volunteering to surrender the defective batch is a good gesture on SWIY's part, even if the vendor doesn't want it back).

My gerbil finds bali (usually actually Borneo mis-named) to be some of the best Kratom out there as far as relaxing effects go.
Old 31-05-2011, 16:02
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.

typically bali comes on stronger and doesn't last as long as other kratoms. indo is the longest lasting variety this gerbil has had, not to say there aren't longer lasting varieties out there. expect 1-8 hours depending on metabolism, food eaten and a whole bunch of other factors
Old 05-06-2011, 05:46
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Sam Spade is captain of the psychonauts.Sam Spade is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 283, Level: 2 Points: 283, Level: 2 Points: 283, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

For my friend, Indo was longer lasting but less pleasant he says. Anyway, a method that may work better, as mentioned above, is the toss and wash method. Many people have trouble with the capsule method though your friend is the first I've heard saying the high was pleasant but very short. Most say it doesn't work at all.

Bali kratom is definitely not shit. My friend uses it quite frequently with consistent results. However, everybody is different and one thing constantly touted about kratom is that it varies from person to person. It may just not be the best strain for your friend.

My friend has also noticed that waiting too long after one eats can actually make the pleasant feeling less intense and have a shorter duration. If he does kratom more than 6 hours after his last meal he notices a difference in intensity and duration. He has read that some people even prefer to have a small, light meal two hours before dosing. They say it works better. He's found the best time for him to be between 4 and 5 hours. He eats a lot of carbs too which I believe takes longer to digest but don't quote me on that. Perhaps your friend could try that.
Old 24-10-2013, 00:32

Male from USA - Utah
joem597 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

I take "bali" kratom everyday, its always served me very well, imo its stronger than thai. Remember thats only my opinion, I enjoy sedating kratom effects rather than stimmy feelings from thai or maeng da. Like others have said, may just be the batch, vendor, or even you.
Old 24-10-2013, 00:52
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20 Points: 19,548, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Bali is a great strain, especially if you get good potent Bali from a good vendor.
It is without a doubt the strain that has the most to offer when it comes to pain management and to people who are trying to use it for opiate withdrawals, or to switch to from traditional opiates.

Bali can be quite sedative, more so than most other strains in similar doses, even green veined Bali tends to be slightly more sedating than other GV strains.
Its also one of the first strains that hit western markets, although most of it it was sourced from Borneo (and to a smaller amount Sumatra) it was a vendor on the island of Bali that made it available initially (hence the name bali kratom)

Its not my personal favourite, but i do like to keep some Bali kratom in store. I find that its a great mixing strain for blending with others.
I enjoy a 50/50 mix of RV Bali and GV Malay or GV Riau

While i find that taking kratom too late in the day leads to problems sleeping (even with very sedating strains) usually in the form of 'Broken' dreams or only being able to reach a sort of half (twilight) sleep, i know that many people have found it helpful for insomnia.

Its not the most potent kratom, or the longest lasting but it does tend to be better priced and for all its applications it really is a king of kratom.
Old 24-10-2013, 01:54
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

All of the posts above have great advice. This would be a good time in your Kratom career to consider trying some mixes. For example, since you like the effects of Bali, but they tend to last less time than indo, try making a 50/50 (or better yet, in my experience, 30% Indo/70% Bali). This will ensure you get the pleasant opiate rush of good Bali with the longer legs of Indo.

There are endless possibilities for strain-mixing and you can come up with some very, very enjoyable combinations. Don't be afraid to try it out.
Old 17-03-2014, 21:31
may cause drowsiness

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

So, after many weeks of research, well years actually waiting for the sources forum to become available to me by some miracle or monetary contribution, I have decided on who I feel is a reputable vendor here in the states and will be ordering the fallowing.... (unless I am advised differently)...

25g Red Vein Thai
25g Green Indo Select
25g Indonesian Gold
25g Green Vein Thai
25g Red Borneo <----- this is same as bali no?
25g White Vein Indo
25g Sunda Premier
25g Whole Leaf Blend (I assume this is a vendor specific homeblend?)
25g Whole leaf blend (Same deal as the last?)
25g vendor specific Lightly Enhanced Blend
25g Enhanced Maeng Da
10g Enriched Borneo (bali?)
10g RG Thai
10g Enriched Indo
2g Isol8
2g MD11

So, my question, for a first time Kratom "burner",(with a severe opiate tolerance) what would be my best bet blend for maximized Euphoria, Sedation, and Analgesia in that order.

I will focus on trying out stimulating blends later on a different date.
Is this a good 'starter sampler'?

Cheers

IF any of what I have listed is so vendor specific that it gives away the vendor then let me know and or one of our mods would maybe edit it. I edited what was most obvious, but to my knowledge these are universal types of Kratom.

Son of a bitch, DONATE already eh?

Last edited by I_MISS_160s; 18-03-2014 at 01:09. Reason: possible vendor identifiable
Old 17-03-2014, 23:20
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 725, Level: 4 Points: 725, Level: 4 Points: 725, Level: 4
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%

Yeah, all of what is sold as "bali" is really borneo.

Are you not trying to order any stimulating strains this go around? All the white/green veins are going to be generally more stimulating. That being said, however, they can carry a good deal of euphoria. In higher doses it can switch over from stimulating to sedating.

The enhanced borneo's and indo's will probably be the best for what you are looking for. If you have as high of an opiate tolerance as you are claiming, then the whole leaf powders might not be strong enough for you. There isn't full cross tolerance, though, so you might still be able to get something out of them.

The Thai's never really did anything for me. I found them to be way too stimulating, without significant euphoria. Different strokes I guess. I think that's a decent starter order though. It might take some time to figure what you like the most.

Again, stick to red veins. I think primarily borneo and indo. Just be careful with those extracts man. It will blow the top off of your already existing tolerance. Possibly rendering kratom ineffective for you permanently.
Old 18-03-2014, 01:02
may cause drowsiness

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

Thanks for the input BL.... My opiate tolerance is just from taking Bupe for so long. And, the only reason behind this particular order is that it is a starter sampler 'kit' from my chosen vendor.

Good to know that the stim can contain the euphoria and sedation at higher doses. I will be ordering next week when the funds become available and I am really exited to make Kratom my one and only besides a benzo here and there. I'm so sick of Buprenorphines nothing effect except for keeping me from getting sick.

Peace
Old 22-03-2014, 03:24
Silver Member

Male from South Africa
frequency is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_MISS_160s View Post
So, my question, for a first time Kratom "burner",(with a severe opiate tolerance) what would be my best bet blend for maximized Euphoria, Sedation, and Analgesia in that order.
The best advice I can give you is to not make tea, rather to use the leaf powder in pudding/yogurt (I recommend strawberry yogurt with a splash of orange juice) and to eat it. Making tea is wasteful. I'm not sure if it's the heating process or if if the full spectrum cannot be extracted in water, but eating it whole is the best route for all three of your needs.

Euphoria you're going to find in a Green/White/Red blend of 50% red + 25% Green + 25% White. Sedation and Analgesia is going to be 100% red. Start with 5g with blends and 3g for pure red. Work your way up from there. Interested in your results! Good luck!

Share this on:

Tags
bali, bali kratom, kratom, kratom capsules, kratom effects