Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 28-05-2011, 02:35

38 y/o Male from United States
luvrespectnrg should review received reputation comments.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
tramadol during phenibut withdrawal, a bad idea?

My Nintendo Entertainment System is experiencing bad phenibut withdrawals, my nes used about 4 grams of phenibut a day for over a month previousloy the system just used recreational doses two or three times a week. the system did recieve a new shipment of 50 grams of pehnibut but would like to start tapering, an order of 60 tramadol was ordered to hope cope with the system's anxiety but I am wondering if this would be a bad thing for my system during the phenibut withdrawal? would GABA or cannabis be a better way to combat the effects of withdrawal?
Old 28-05-2011, 18:00
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from USA - Colorado
toltexan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: tramadol during phenibut withdrawal, a bad idea?

As far as using either cannabis or "pure" GABA to stave withdrawal symptoms, I'd imagine GABA would be the more preferred way to go, considering that phenibut is GABA itself with an added phenyl ring.
Cannabis is notorious for increasing anxiety and paranoia, though not for everyone. We're all different!

Tramadol seems to have quite a reputation for decreasing the seizure threshold, and considering this along with the fact that phenibut contains muscle-relaxing and anti-convulsant properties, one could be taking a substantial risk using tramadol for phenibut withdrawals.

Substances that may help and be less risky for withdrawals would be kratom or kava, though GABA powder or capsules will probably be your best bet. I've heard phenibut withdrawal isn't completely trivial, if not down-right torture.

Hopefully you find something that helps, friend.
Old 28-05-2011, 19:09
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
dugg is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1

Have a look into tramadol wd before you go that route, 'cos it will become the substitute doc.
Old 29-05-2011, 05:31

thanks for the good advice toltexan and dugg. I actually did purchase some GABA for my NES tonite he took some an hour ago and feels stable it has been over 33 hours since his last dose of phenibut . He did however cheat and take one hydrocodone 500 mg apap and 5 mg codeine last night and this afternoon so maybe that is why he doesn't feel too bad but he did have some serious mood swings today beforehand and lots of negative depressive thoughts propably from trying to use cannabis which felt very strange due to his quitting spice incense blends .the cannabis just feels like spice to him now which is not what he wants since it has too much anxiety for him.

However, I think he will have to fight the urge to take any tramadol until all this is over and then just as a once a week or every two week thing he's been thru the tramadol dependency and it was hell for him that is what got him started on cocaine which he hadn't messed with in 15 years or so and then phenibut then spice potpourri incense which he has taken for over a year and has needed to quit taking due to bad feelinga of detachment and delusional thoughts and loss of memory.

Thanks for all the help my NES really appreciates you giving his owner some damage control info.

luvrespectnrg added 7 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

my NES is also using L-Glutamine I bought for him tonite. It's a building block of GABA to help his withdrawal. I'll post some of his results for anyone else going thru this same situation as my NES.

Last edited by luvrespectnrg; 29-05-2011 at 05:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-05-2011, 06:45
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
dabullsef is a decent psychonaut.dabullsef is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1

Tramadol will just become the next doc as stated and this one has a nastier(ish) withdraw than most opiates because it has an SSRI effect. Do more research on other methods like exercise, meditation and a hobby. There are ways to beat addiction that don't involve addiction-inducing substances.

Post Quality Evaluations:
healthy advice
Old 30-05-2011, 02:07

thank you last poster as well that advice will help my NES he'd prefer the natural route and will avoid the tramadol if he can make it thru these last few days not sure how long phenibut w/d takes I have heard a week since his habit was mostly for a month and a half.

Share this on:

Tags
phenibut, phenibut withdrawal, tramadol, ultram, withdrawal questions, withdrawals