Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 26-05-2011, 16:49
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,830, Level: 11 Points: 5,830, Level: 11 Points: 5,830, Level: 11
Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9%
Valerian Root Experiences

Swims friend didn't see a thread after searching for Valerian Root and decided he'd be the first one to start it up. Anyone else with Valerian Root experiences please post them up here.

Weight: ~150lb (+-20)
Daily use: Cannabis 5-6 hits a day, Suboxone .5mg 2x a day
Previous drug experiences: Too much to write, every major illegal drug and many that people have never heard of.

Well this is writing the day after and he is still feeling this stuff. He was completely taken by surprise with Valerian Root as he thought it was probably just another gimmick, but it really works... Almost too well.

9:00pm - Consumed ~1.5g worth of powdered Valerian Root or Extract, he grabbed a few from his parents when he was stopping by and didn't read the bottle carefully but will update with whether it was Root Or Extract when he finds out. He poured the powder into some Egyptian Licorice tea, stirred and drank down over about 15mins. Taste was completely doable and never tasted disgusting.

9:30pm - Not really feeling much except for the slight goodness he always feels after drinking a hot cup of something, he likes the warmth. He thinks its pretty much a bust and nothing is going to happen.

9:45pm - He begins to feel that he is different. Hard to describe but it feels along the lines of ambien or a benzo but much more controlled. A little less euphoria (in comparison to those two) and much easier to control and function normally. It definitely feels sedative like, and kills anxiety slightly.

10:15pm - Its gotten stronger but still is just not living up to expectations, feels pretty weak. He and his girl turn off the TV and begin to fool around.

10:30pm - Still fucking around although during the time they were foolin, he starts to feel it getting stronger still, and has the need to close his eyes. The head he was getting was feeling great though so he pushed through. Everytime he would close his eyes very realistic dreams would flow in front of him. And when his eyes were open it appeared that things were just different. Not really trippy just different.

11:00pm - They finish up and sex was amazing, it felt that the Valerian brought a component to it that was interesting and felt good. Although the final orgasm seemed to be dulled a bit, but he likes the process more than the orgasm sometimes anyways. They washed up for bed and swim is still feeling sedative like effects and just wants to sleep now even more. While lying in bed he kept seeing the shadows playing games with him and even jumped up in panic for a second cuz it looked like someone was moving around in the clothes of the closet. Very unusual for him even tripping... He falls asleep eventually over 30mins or so.

Next morning...

8:30am - Trys to get up but is feeling kinda nauseous and dizzy. It feels like he is feeling it x5 or so, more than last night. He has to go back to sleep as that feels like the only way to keep the nausea at bay.

9:30am - Wakes up and realizes he needs to get up or he'll feel like shit. Takes his normal morning hit and sits down. Almost feels nauseous but better than before. It feels like this stuff is still acting on him. It almost feels like the time he took way too much suboxone with no tolerance, he passed out for 14 hours then woke up in a daze for the rest of the day. He just feels like super dazed out, he has also felt like this after taking ambien and then having to wake up too early.

10:30am - Still feeling the effects of this stuff. It appears that its more long lasting and doesn't hit quick as he is feeling more this morning than he did last night. The overall effect right now is not all that pleasant though. He'd rather feel normal than feel like this. Could help some with sleep or anxiety though.

Conclusions:

This substance is active but may not be right for swim. He has never been a huge fan of benzos or things that act similar to them. Valerian root seems to help with anxiety and is definitely a sedative which could help with sleep. Swims friend usually wakes up 5-10 times a night, last night he only got up 2 times. His dreams seemed different than usual and before he went to sleep it seemed the shadows were playing with his vision and his head. Would he do it again? Yes probably. Will it be soon? Probably not. Its an Ok substance but nothing to write home about. The effects last way too long, it would have to be consumed many hours earlier than what he did. And even then it still may be too long lasting. Overall just another sedative/anxiolytic in his arsenal.

Peace

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent trip report, full of detail and unbiased information.
Old 26-05-2011, 17:22
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Valerian Root Experiences

it is pretty much natures valium.
swim had no luck w 4g in a tea. but will try to extract or tinturize(lol) and try a bigger dose
swim was trying for pain management, so...
he will report more.
weird that there wasnt a thread already
good one!
peace
Old 26-05-2011, 17:39
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,830, Level: 11 Points: 5,830, Level: 11 Points: 5,830, Level: 11
Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9% Activity: 10.9%

Thanx man

Give it another try and post back here.

Ya swims friend was wondering why there was no thread either. But natures valium is a good way to describe the effect. He was completely surprised by the effect he got at such a low dose. It makes him think it may have been some sort of extract and not just powdered root. He remembers the capsules were 530mg a piece and the bottle said take one or two. He took three.

Either way he is still fucked up lol. Can't even get up and do stuff right now and he just feels cloudy in his head. Probably going to be a lay around day now.

He thinks this substance is a good 12-16 hour effect. And ramps up slowly over time. He wonders when it will just let him be. Could have also had some sort of reaction with his suboxone making either substance stronger.

Peace
Old 13-06-2012, 15:44
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Wayne Brady is on the way upWayne Brady is on the way upWayne Brady is on the way up
Points: 443, Level: 3 Points: 443, Level: 3 Points: 443, Level: 3

A friend of mine has started taking valerian capsules to reduce anxiety. He decided to give it a try after good results from an "anti-energy drink" containing various herbs including valerian root as well as melatonin. He had previously dealt with stress using phenazepam and alcohol (not a good way to live, at least for him.) Coming off of those he was prescribed Wellbutrin (bupropion) and Vistaril (Atarax, hydroxyzine.) The bupropion seems to help with cravings and mood without any observable side effects. The vistaril does very little for the stress and he has pretty much given up on it. It acts about the same as diphenhydramine, making him tired and dehydrated. Three times daily?!? No thanks! It is great that there are alternatives to benzodiazepines but this one is very ineffective for him and has side effects that rival benzos. It is not addictive and does help with sleep, to give it some credit. However, the same could be said about getting knocked out cold with a baseball bat...

Anyway, he just started taking the valerian and so far so good. It seems to help more with the anxiety and cause less drowsiness. It's effects seem to be similar to phenibut's. The valerian he has been taking comes in capsules with 400mg of valerian root extract (4:1) and 100 mg of valerian root. The label suggests taking three so he naturally takes four or five being the drug addict that he is . Actually, there is about zero recreational value kids. So far they have really helped out. Updates will come if there is anything worthwhile to report.

Thank you for sharing your experience with this substance.
Old 14-06-2012, 01:08
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Mr Gregoire is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Brady View Post
Actually, there is about zero recreational value kids.
that is just wrong. i trip recreationally on valerian root all the time. i take about 6 grams and soon I'm in a super relaxed state similar to valium. it won't work if you have any kind of benzo tolerance. i trip on valerian 2 or 3 times a month, 6 grams of valerian and a good movie and I'm in heaven. not placebo either.

a good valerian trip for me is giddy, happy, sleepy, relaxed, very very benzo-like
Old 14-06-2012, 03:26
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Wayne Brady is on the way upWayne Brady is on the way upWayne Brady is on the way up
Points: 443, Level: 3 Points: 443, Level: 3 Points: 443, Level: 3

Mr Gregoire, fair enough, who am I to say that it is impossible. I think it is more of an opinion than anything else. Some people like to self asphyxiate while others like to eat LSD and some probably do both at the same time, okay, I see why I started this thought but don't know where I am going with it....

Anyway, you sound like you are more experienced with this herb. Your report is interesting. Giddy and sleepy at the same time! You also call it a trip, do you mean it is a psychedelic experience? How does one go about consuming six grams? Have you had bad results after using benzos?

Update: the valerian seems to really be helping my friend out and if anything has actually increased in its effects as opposed to not working as well (in the case he had started to build a tolerance.)

All around good post, both friendly and you asked all the q's that were on my mind as well.
Old 14-06-2012, 04:10
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,000, Level: 4 Points: 1,000, Level: 4 Points: 1,000, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Personally never found Valerian to have any anxiolytic, sedating, or stress-relieving properties. Used two different brands with dosages ranging from as low as 200mg to as high as 6grams - nadda, every time. Actually, several times when I used it to sleep, it actually kept me awake! Guess it just doesn't get along with certain people's body chemistry, because tons of people swear by the stuff - and they can't all be placebo, right?

Anyway, good report man.
Old 16-06-2012, 01:06
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Brady View Post
Mr Gregoire, fair enough, who am I to say that it is impossible. I think it is more of an opinion than anything else. Some people like to self asphyxiate while others like to eat LSD and some probably do both at the same time, okay, I see why I started this thought but don't know where I am going with it....

Anyway, you sound like you are more experienced with this herb. Your report is interesting. Giddy and sleepy at the same time! You also call it a trip, do you mean it is a psychedelic experience? How does one go about consuming six grams? Have you had bad results after using benzos?

Update: the valerian seems to really be helping my friend out and if anything has actually increased in its effects as opposed to not working as well (in the case he had started to build a tolerance.)
hey man, sorry i might of come off as an asshole. let me answer your questions

1. I honestly believe that if you take enough of this herb that you can have a type of trip, maybe not psychedelic by definition but definitely similar to waking dreams that you might get while on a strong opiate nod.

2. i eat about twelve 500mg capsules, the fresher the root, the better, some valerian root on the market is pure garbage.

3. benzos are my drug of choice however i got addicted and only use them sparingly now. this is what led me to valerian root. also use caution when combining benzos and valerian cause they do have a beautiful synergy

Pos Rep for thoroughly answering his questions.
Old 17-06-2012, 21:29
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Netherlands
Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9%

to be honest i think ''almost all '' valerian on the market is useless garbage... i have used so many different brands and types ( combos ) and all of them are useless. Valerian creates tolerance and valerian can cause liver damage with long term use, but you rather have to take high dosages daily or a megadose to get such thing.

im growing my own valerian and calamus root, i've even tried expensive brands and took all the pills at once and still no effect just placebo. All good reports around valerian revolve around using fresh roots, not dried commercial garbage.
Old 17-06-2012, 21:41
Mercury Member

Shwags needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gregoire View Post
that is just wrong. i trip recreationally on valerian root all the time. i take about 6 grams and soon I'm in a super relaxed state similar to valium. it won't work if you have any kind of benzo tolerance. i trip on valerian 2 or 3 times a month, 6 grams of valerian and a good movie and I'm in heaven. not placebo either.

a good valerian trip for me is giddy, happy, sleepy, relaxed, very very benzo-like
You probably used the fresh root, no? In my experience extracts in capsules are usually pretty bunk.
Old 19-06-2012, 03:21
Silver Member

yup. 99% of valerian that comes pre packaged is pure crap. like most good herbals you have to order fresh root. when you get it, it should look like a very dark almost black root. when i first tried valerian it came in a bottle and actually had one of those little packets that say "do not eat". these packets are to keep whatever is in the bottle dry. unbelieveable this company would put out a valerian product like this.
Old 19-06-2012, 14:23
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,839, Level: 21 Points: 21,839, Level: 21 Points: 21,839, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

I'm a big fan of Valerian.
I use en extract and it has done wonders for my anxiety.
I don't find there to be any high and i don't find it helpful for sleeping, but when it comes to mild to moderate anxiety it has been an amazing help.

The product i use is called Valerina (day time) and as well as a 4:1 extract of Valerian root it also contains a Lemon Balm extract.

I have also used Valerian tea bags and Valerian root, but i find the pills containing the extract to work best for my anxiety.

I've found that when using Valerian root i would get a bad headache if i used too much, usually more than 2 grams.
Old 21-06-2012, 19:13

34 y/o Male from Norway
low-boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Valerian is my favourite herb, I always take extract before bedtime if i got a big day the next day.

Thank you for your input but next time try to give a little more detail, for example explaining how it effects you, why you take it before a big day, etc.
Old 02-07-2012, 23:27
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
bushboy is a decent psychonaut.bushboy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2

My pet goblin can, ironically, find it extremely hard to sleep when he is exhausted. Last year, during a period of high stress and mentally draining 15+ hour days, he found he could only sleep a few hours each night. He thinks this is because his brain was still "switched-on" late in the evenings, in the same way that it can be difficult to sleep straight after a stimulating activity or a late night movie.

During this period he developed a large array of disgusting mouth ulcers and visited the pharmacist to get something for it. While there she remarked that he looked tired and after a discussion she recommended a valerian tincture. Goblin purchased a bottle which was produced by a well known company. The pharamacist said to take 20 drops in water before bed (Goblin cant remember the strength of the extract). The extract smelled like alcohol and tasted bad. Goblin found that 20, 30, 40 and 50 drop doses couldn't help him to fall asleep. However, he found that once he did drop off that the valerian induced very deep sleep. In fact the sleep was too deep, and he often woke feeling groggy (almost hungover feeling). Goblin is no longer under the same stress but still finds it hard to nod off, and he would like to maybe try fresh root or tea to see if that can help him to nod off. Does anybody know of anyone elses experiences in which valerian helped somebody to fall asleep? Passiflora/valerian mixtures? Or any other substances?
Old 03-07-2012, 00:14
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I used to take valerian and melatonin every night. Found that recently melatonin gives me a bit of a hangover. I still take valerian but not every night, due to tolerance. It still seemed to work when i took it daily, but ive read it can have diminished effects after repeated use because it does work a little on GABA receptors.

It makes me feel sleepy in a natural tired sort of way. Melatonin or even ambien can make me feel dream-like and heavy headed but still very much AWAKE. This is a feeling i want to avoid. I hate being tired as hell but sleep still will not come. Valerian never has this effect. It always works as a good sleep aide, the best thing for producing a natural sleepiness ive found. Chamomile is more of a mild relaxant, it can or can not make me sleepy depending on circumstance. Valerian always makes me ready for bed.

Oh and i have a friend who takes it by the handful, so it can be done, but when ive done it ive felt paradoxical effects - wakefulness, mild anxiety. Usually 6 grams just works the same as if i took 1 gram or so. Its a waste. There is no recreational value to me or anyone ive talked to, but it still gets my vote as the most useful OTC herb.
Old 05-04-2013, 13:34
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

I recently started using valerian as a sleep aid when I work the night shift and my brain won't turn off. I take 3 capsules of 4:1 extract and the effects can be felt within an hour and fifteen minutes. The effects are similar to low dose of kava or phenibut. The world becomes a bit "dreamy" and mood is slightly lifted. It mixes very well with kratom almost adding a bit of extra euphoria(albeit not much). Overall works great for sleep but doesn't make me as sleepy as diphenhydramine. Since valerian doesn't cause a hangover it is my pick over melatonin and diphenhydramine.
Old 08-04-2013, 19:00

23 y/o Male from United States
mr. trips marley is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Valerian root is not a bad drug, in my snails experience. He picked up a bottle of the capsules for cheap a few weeks ago. Im not sure of the dose in each capsule, because the bottle isnt specific on the dose in each capsule for some reason, but i know each one has somewhere from 200-400mg.

Male snail.
160 lbs
Dose: Varied from 500mg-1600mg (wouldnt recommend going any higher)

The snail got home, and took 3 of these capsules, which is the dose that the bottle said to take. It was nighttime, so it was no biggie if he fell asleep. Within 40 minutes, he was slightly sedated, and his mood was lifted. He then decided to take 2 more capsules, and smoke a bowl. The bowl definitely induced some extra euphoria, and when the 2 extra capsules kicked in, he was nodding out pretty nicely.

The snail expected some decent sedative effects, since he read that this root acts on a GABA receptor. It was okay but he finds that it only works truly effectively when mixed with other things for this particular snail. Probably because he gets a little too manic. It would probably worlk nicely for someone with mild anxiety/insomnia.

Some things that mix nicely with Valerian root for my snail are:

-cannabis
-light kava dose
-light dose of diphenhydramine, if your trying to sleep
-the snail hasnt tried it with kratom yet, but he heres its very nice.

Snail also takes Valerian root sometimes before he takes mushrooms, to take some of the edge off of the trip, as mushrooms cause some extra brain-strain sometimes.

1 word of warning, this root smells like shit, so probably dont sniff it before ya put it in your mouth lol. And tea would probably be unpleasant.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:09
Mercury Member

26 y/o Male from United States
sourdough needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

would taking 7-10 grams of valerian root powder be a bad idea?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:12
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

Why? Have you done lower doses? If not, then you do that first.
Old 28-04-2013, 23:12
Silver Member

51 y/o Male from United States
badman62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

SWIM usedto take this al the time before bed, so he had a bottle.
SWIM has been playing with potentiating his opi's lately, and the other night used valarian (3pills), black-seed oil (1/2 a teaspoon) and 1gram tumeric.
Swim didnt get a chance to even do the opiates, he was already buzzin fairly hard.
30mg oxy barely lifted the buzz.
He had also taken some essential oils (clove) the night before?

SWIM has done similar in the past...
This was the first time valarian was added
SWIM will try to reproduce cos he is not exactly sure what it was.

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 02-05-2013, 21:40
Silver Member

Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.

everybody talks about the root.. but has the foliage and stems any significant effect ? or maybe the flowers / seeds ? im not talking about getting high from it, im talking about using it as a sleep aid etc.
Old 06-05-2013, 22:36
Silver Member

51 y/o Male from United States
badman62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

i wish i knew something about the flowers/leafs etc...
only reason i dont grow it, is i dont like messing with roots.
If i could harvest a few leaves here and there i would be growing it in my yard.
Old 18-05-2013, 18:08
Silver Member

ok tried making tea of leaves and stems... got like 6 or 7 medium large leaves with the stems.
it worked just like the root but is less strong, it's more anxyiolitic than hypnotic etc.

i haven't tried flowers or seeds - those maybe even stronger ( or the strongest who knows ? ). Smells like asparagus and the tea tastes like asparagus but with a sweetish aftertaste , it was pretty good actually. a good tea for savory dishes

Thank you for experimenting, you have more access to herbs than most so keep it up :)
Old 04-06-2013, 23:30
rehab reject glue sniffer

28 y/o Male from United States
zedletter is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%

I used to take like 10 or 20, 125mg pills and they just made me feel weird. I took 2, totalling 250mg an hour ago and I feel slight sedation
Old 23-06-2013, 03:38
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I bought some powdered root and made my own capsules out of it.

It's funny that it is recommended for sleep, because valerian doesn't make me sleepy. I've taken anywhere from 500mg - 4 grams in an evening. 4 grams gave me a headache and wasn't necessarily more effective than lower doses.

It seems for me that 700 mg - 1.5 grams seems to be a good amount. The results I've gotten haven't been completely consistent, but in general I have found:

-mild mood lift
-mild anti-anxiety effect
-mild relaxation/mellowness
-mild enhancement of sex

Did I mention that these effects are mild? Seriously, somewhat nice but very, very mild- only a step above placebo. I have noticed that valerian synergizes nicely with kratom, adding to the relaxation. I have also noticed that I sleep somewhat deeper when taking valerian, though it doesn't really help me fall asleep. In some ways it is similar to a very low dose of benzos.

Share this on:

Tags
african dream root, agoraphobia, blue lotus, blue lotus extract, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, mdma, sedative, suboxone, tea, valerian, valerian root