Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 30-03-2005, 15:13
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

miller77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Buspirone

Has any one heard of BuSpar ? If you have is it any good.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:46
Banned

moldie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

it sucks.

It's used mostly as an anti-anxiety drug. I've seen it given to people on ritalin a lot. I deffinately wouldn't classify it as much of a downer though. Unless you have anxiety problems you probably won't be interested in buspar. It has no affnity for benzo receptors and does not effect gaba binding. This pretty much eliminates any benzo-like effects.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:11
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41
Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7%
Buspar works on serotonine.
Old 03-04-2005, 17:13

camiroquai is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate buspar. The only effects I got in up to 5 pills (unknown mg) was a weird feeling in my face. I didn't like it.
Old 03-04-2005, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa
Buspar works on serotonine.

what is that?
Old 03-04-2005, 23:45
Productive insomniac
Administrator

Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Serotonine is a neurotransmitter(a substance which your body uses in the process of transmitting signals to cels.f.e. in your brain) 80% of your serotonine is in your bowels, 10% in your blood and 2% in your brain. Serotonine affects sleep, mood, hunger, dreams, hallucinations, bloodpressureand much more. There are various kinds of serotonine. All with different functions. For example: MDMA (the substance which should be in XTC) has a primairly effect on serotonine, uplifting your mood, making you dreamy, etc. Edited by: Alfa
Old 04-04-2005, 00:21
Banned

moldie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

The odd thing is buspar's action is not entirely understood. Saying that it works on seratonin is pretty nondescript, but it is all one can really say. Well, it does has some affinity for d2-dopamine receptors as well - as if that is saying much. All that can really be said is the buspar is not in any way a recreational drug.

Have you looked at the structure for buspar? theCAS is something like 8-[4-[4-(2-pyrimidinyl)-1-piperazinyl]butyl]-8-aza-spirodecane-7,9-dione monohydrochloride, depending of course on which ring you start your naming from.
Old 04-04-2005, 17:27

has any one here heard of topamax? and is t any good?
Old 05-04-2005, 00:55
Productive insomniac
Administrator

BusPar Vs Topamax

Last edited by Jatelka; 02-09-2009 at 05:56.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:47
Gold Member

Male
Gahaba22 is a decent psychonaut.Gahaba22 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2
I would not suggest taking BuSpar for recreational purposes. The exact mechanism of BuSpar's action is unknown
Old 15-04-2005, 00:49

young poppa is an unknown quantity at this point

this drug is fu(king wild, snort one of them and u feel lke u got hit by a truck, terrible taste when snorted but no burn, ive only done the white bars, which i beleive is the highest dosage pill, they are sold sometimes as zanax

Post Quality Evaluations:
misinformation
Old 22-04-2005, 06:40

kfoot73 is an unknown quantity at this point
BusPar treats anxiety and Topomax is used to provide long term relief to
treat migraine headache patients.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:40
Banned

Male
luckyatl13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
i only took one pill of buspar(not sure wat mg)but it made me dizzy and me head feel like it had alot of pressure on it. like if u go underwater realy deep.
Old 23-05-2005, 10:33
Gold Member

Male from United States
Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.Mike177 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
I was on Buspar for several months, it works well for anxiety but takes about 2-5 days to take full effect. Buspar has no recreational value to it and even when used at doctor perscribed doses can have side affects thats are unplesent and anoying. stear clear of this drug unless your looking for long term anxiety relief
Old 07-10-2005, 08:12
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by young poppa

this drug is fu(king wild, snort one of them and u feel lke u got hit by a truck, terrible taste when snorted but no burn, ive only done the white bars, which i beleive is the highest dosage pill, they are sold sometimes as zanax

You got xanax mixed up with buspar man. I think you are referring to the slang name for xanax, which is bars, and yea, bars are quite powerful little puppies.Edited by: raven3davis
Old 01-12-2005, 22:55

twilex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven3davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by young poppa

this drug is fu(king wild, snort one of them and u feel lke u got
hit by a truck, terrible taste when snorted but no burn, ive only done
the white bars, which i beleive is the highest dosage pill, they are
sold sometimes as zanax

You got xanax mixed up with buspar man. I think you are
referring to the slang name for xanax, which is bars, and yea, bars are
quite powerful little puppies.

actually, the highest dosage buspar [buspirone] pill does come in bar form also.

personally, i'm not so sure buspar has recreational value. my doc
has me taking 2 of the bars every night for anxiety. i actually
tried tapering off of them because i felt they weren't doing much, but
i felt so horrible that i just went back on again and all was
okay. anyhow, this is just my own personal experience.

Last edited by Jatelka; 21-03-2006 at 12:26. Reason: obsolete link
Old 03-12-2005, 10:00

33 y/o Male
Emperiorjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2
I think buspar works better has an anti-depressant then an Anti-anxiety
med. I remember I took six of the 30mg bars just to see what would
happen and it made my anxieties worst.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:57

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
buspar is a crappy antianxiety medication, it is only ever effective for people i refer to as "benzodiazapine virgins"... not only is it extremely weak the only way to abuse is to crush and snort... ooo and believe me u will feel it... u will wish u hadn't it. It makes u feel like shit, sick, tired but not in a pleasureable way... u will count the seconds till it goes away.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:31
AKA Miss Methylene

27 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
I came across 15 buspirone (the generic name for BuSpar) 15mg bars once. I decided to take them as directed, 1 bar a day. I was anxious to see what kind of anti-anxiety effect I would experience. Of course, I was also curious to see whether buspirone had any abuse potential (at the recomended dosage.) I have mild anxiety and after 5 days I hadn't noticed anything different. There was a mild sensation of anxiolytic-like action, but I wondered then just as I wonder now if it was just placebo. I didn't experience any side effects personally, although I wouldn't be surprised if many people did since this drug seems to be somewhat a mystery. Buspirone works on the serotonin receptor 5-HT1a receptor, and also has dopamine D2 antagonist/agonist properties. These properties usually result in the release of prolactin. All in all, my asessment of buspirone is that in a theraputic setting, it might have mild to substancial benefits but as a drug of abuse, none whatsoever. I'd like to note, however, that after about 7 days of taking buspirone, I was driving in my car and felt much more cheerful then normal. This is what I mean when I say 'placebo' vs. buspirone's effects.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:22
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Herbal Remedy is a decent psychonaut.Herbal Remedy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
The Combined Buspirone Thread

Swim's research concluded that the pills are Buspirone Hydrochloride, a drugs used to treak anxiety. But that is all the info swim could obtain, and he thought this was the best place to bring his questions. He was wondering if anyone had any experience/insight/knowledge about this drug and the best method of using it recreationally. Any responses would be appreciated, thanks, peace...

Last edited by Jatelka; 14-06-2010 at 07:04.
Old 16-02-2006, 10:07
AKA Miss Methylene

27 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
The pill you mentioned is indeed buspirone hydrochloride 10 milligrams. Buspirone has a potent anti-anxiety effect that usually becomes apparent within 3-5 days of treatment. Buspirone is different from other anxiolytics, such as the benzodiazepines, meprobamate or the barbiturates because instead of acting on GABA receptors it acts on serotonin receptors (specifically, it is a 5-HTP1A receptor agonist.) It also indirectly influences dopamine receptors. I'll write more later.
Old 16-02-2006, 22:57
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Herbal Remedy is a decent psychonaut.Herbal Remedy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Im worried that the way the pill works will make it hard for me to feel the effects of regular xanax or other drugs so right now im holding off on it. I might be wrong though, thanks for the reply (and any future replies!), peace...
Old 17-02-2006, 01:50
AKA Miss Methylene

27 y/o
Good news, Remedy: cross-tolerance to benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and alcohol does not exist with buspirone: GABA-mediated effects are lacking. It works by interfering with the activity of serotonin in the brain, acting as a 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist. Additionally, it acts as a mixed agonist/antagonist on post-synaptic dopamine receptors. So there could be some interactions with serotonin or dopamine agonist/antagonists but not with the GABAergic drugs.

Buspirone is such an interesting compound. Pharmaceuticals never fail to amaze me with their unique properties and theraputic potentials.
Old 27-02-2006, 21:07
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Buspirone Pharma Info

Buspirone is an anti-anxiety agent that is not chemically or pharmacologically related to the benzodiazepines, barbiturates, or other sedative/anxiolytic drugs.

It is a white crystalline, water soluble compound with a molecular weight of 422.0. Chemically, buspirone hydrochloride is 8-[4-[4-(2-pyrimidinyl)-1-piperazinyl]butyl]-8-aza-spiro[4.5]decane-7,9-dione monohydrochloride. The empiric formula is C21H31N502

Tablets are available containing 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, or 30mg of buspirone hydrochloride. The 5-mg and 10-mg tablets are scored so they can be bisected. The 15-mg and 30-mg tablets are scored so they can be either bisected or trisected. They contain the following inactive ingredients: Colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and sodium starch glycolate. The 30-mg also contains iron oxide.

The mechanism of action is unknown. Buspirone differs from benzodiazepines in that it does not exert anticonvulsant or muscle relaxant effects. It also lacks the prominent sedative effects that are associated with more typical anxiolytics. In vitro studies have shown that buspirone has a high affinity for Serotonin (5-HT1A) receptors. Buspirone has no significant affinity for benzodiazepine receptors and does not affect GABA binding. It also has moderate affinity for brain D2-dopamine receptors. Some studies suggest that buspirone may have indirect effects on other neurotransmitter systems.

Buspirone HCl is rapidly absorbed after oral administration and undergoes extensive first pass metabolism.

It has nonlinear pharmacokinetics. Thus, dose increases and repeated dosing may lead to somewhat higher plasma levels.

In man, approximately 95% of buspirone is plasma protein bound.

It is metabolized primarily by oxidation producing several hydroxylated derivatives and a pharmacologically active metabolite, 1-pyrimidinylpiperazine (1-PP).

Up to 60% of a dose is excreted in the urine and up to 40% faecally excreted. The average half-life after a single dose is 2-3 hours.

Buspirone HCl is indicated for the management of anxiety disorders or the short-term relief off the symptoms of anxiety.

The effectiveness of Buspirone in long-term use, that is, for more than 3 to 4 weeks, has not been demonstrated in controlled trials. There is no body of evidence available that systematically addresses the appropriate duration of treatment.

The recommended initial dose is 15 mg daily (5 mg 3 times a day). The maximum daily dosage should not exceed 60 mg.

Common adverse effects include: Dizziness, nausea, headache, nervousness, lightheadedness, fatigue and paradoxical anxiety.

Other adverse effects include: Myalgia, dream disturbance, sore throat, tinnitus, urinary retention, reduced libido, impotence, and weight gain.

Rarely Buspirone has caused: Anaphylaxis, alopecia, deranged liver function tests and thrombocytopenia (low platelet count).

There is a theoretical concern that because of it's affinity for dopamine-receptors that Buspirone could lead to Parkinsonism and other movement disorders. This has not been confirmed in clinical studies.

Buspirone is NOT a controlled substance.

In both human and animal studies, buspirone has shown no potential for abuse or diversion and there is no evidence that it causes tolerance, or either physical or psychological dependence.

Concomitant use of MAOI's is contraindicated. Other contraindications: Hepatic or renal impairment, nursing mothers.

No deaths have been reported in humans either with deliberate or accidental overdosage of buspirone. Toxicology studies of buspirone yielded the following LD50 values: mice, 655 mg/kg; rats, 196 mg/kg; dogs, 586 mg/kg; and monkeys, 356 mg/kg. These dosages are 160 to 550 times the recommended human daily dose.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great addition

Last edited by Jatelka; 23-07-2007 at 14:48.
Old 27-02-2006, 21:23

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8
Whoever stated that buspirone is a potent anxiolytic is completely mistaken. That's the first I've ever heard anyone refer to this compound as potent.

It is, in fact, one of the weakest drugs known to man. Ask someone who has ever prescribed buspirone... Patients who tend to improve are as likely to be cured by placebo effect.

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, buspar, buspirone, dopamine, downer, drug, drug abuse, drug info, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, hydrochloride, mdma, placebo, snorting, snorting drugs, sore throat, xanax, xanax bars