Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 01-05-2011, 00:57

26 y/o Male from United States
Mush is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Dried Maeng Da Kratom leaf. Stronger tea?

Hello all! I'm new to the forums here and am very glad to be a new member!

Now one day swim was reading about many different ethnobotanicals online, as he loves to do. Swim recently came across a plant called Kratom and found it can be used in many different ways. Swim made the choice to buy an ounce of dried Maeng Da Kratom leaf to experiment with. Maeng Da was swims choice because it is said to be the best strain to buy, and lower amounts are needed for much stronger effects. The effects of Kratom are said to be similar to opiates, which swim has used a lot of in the past and was very curious on how effective Kratom really was. Swim found it can be used to get off of an opiate addiction which swim found to be a good sign. Mainly because if Kratom was ineffective it wouldn't be used for such purposes. Anyways... Swim received his oz and did more studying online on how to use his Kratom in the most effective way. Smoking was said to be next to useless, chewing was said to be mildly effective, though tea is said to be most effective. (With further studying swim found Kratom resin can also be bought which would make creating tea and other uses much easier, swim learned his lesson.) Swim searched the web and found a tea recipe just for Maeng Da that called for 2 - 4 grams per 2 1/2 cups of water. This surprised swim because other recipes that were not Maeng Da needed a quarter to half ounce in order to make the same strength. This got swim very excited because he figured he we add more than what the recipe calls for and get the strong effects he was looking for. Swim filled a pot with 2 1/2 cups of tap water and put it at high till it began to boil. Then swim switched the stove to medium and let the water simmer (no bubbles, the water seemed to just move around rapidly) swim then weighed out 7 grams of Maeng Da ground up dried leaf and put it into the water, stirred it up and let it lightly boil for 20mins. The recipe swim was following went as told:

1.) Take 2-4 grams of crushed maeng da leaf (powder can also be used) and put into a pan. To this add around 2.5 cups of water.
2.) Boil very gently until over half the water has evaporated (usually around 10-15 minutes).
3.) Strain the remaining liquid into a cup and let cool for a few minutes.
4.) Add sugar or honey to sweeten and drink.
5.) The remaining material in the pan can still be consumed.

As you can see swim went 3 grams over the called for amount, swim did this because he was looking for very strong effect. When swim checked on the tea after 20mins, no where close to "over half the water" was evaporated. So swim was confused and let boil even longer. Swim let it boil for nearly 45 - 50mins before it boiled down to 3/4th of a cup. Swim said it was a brownish color, and swim did not burn any of the leafs, though swim was afraid that kratom can be over boiled and possible weaken the tea. Swim strained the liquid into a cup and did a quick taste test. The taste was very very bitter, just as said online. Swim dumped sugar and agave syrup into the tea, stirred, and let sit while swim was putting everything away. Swim recalled how the recipe said "material in pan can still be consumed" so swim tried a spoon food of the plant material (figuring it will increase the effects). Swim found it extremely hard to get down, and just lingered in his mouth. So swim dumped the left over plant material into his cats food dish and decided to see if they could enjoy it. Swim than drank the tea and found it to be not to bad after adding enough sugar to give a man diabetes...

15 - 30mins in swim is feeling the effects of his tea and finds the coming up to be a lot like Vicodin with kind of a heady cannabis high.

1 hour in swim is finding very mild effects on his body. He can feel a lot of similarity's to the opiates he has experimented with in the past, though swim figures this is the peak. Swim wished for a much stronger effect and was disappointed because he added more than the recipe called for. Swim then smoked a gram of cannabis and relaxed to the effects for another half hour before he took a nap.

Swim wants to know if anyone can see where he messed up, or if he did at all. He wishes for help on how to get the most from his 21 grams of Maeng Da for his next batch of tea. Swim read online that if one were to let his kratom sit in some lime juice for a bit and then boil it, the effects will be greater. Is this true? Also swim had the idea, what if one were to boil say 10grams of Maeng Da in a pot with 3 cups of water. Allow it to boil down to about a cup, or half cup. Then pour another 2 cups of water, and continue to let it boil and evaporate down to a half cup or full, then do the same for a 3rd time. Strain the tea, and let cool. swim had the idea that this will extract everything from the plant possible, all that is needed is patience. Would this work? Or is it possible to over boil kratom?

Thank you everyone.
Old 17-09-2012, 04:08

49 y/o Male from United States
Ikambor is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Dried Maeng Da Kratom leaf. Stronger tea?

I have been using Kratom for about 8-9 months now,,I am very happy to have discovered it,, I have a herniated disk which causes pain 24/7 and I have occasional moments where its very severe and I have been given opiates for it,, but just like everyone who starts going down the pain killer path, addiction set in.. So I began a search online to see if there was an alternative and I found Kratom and gave it a try and I was really suprised how similar in effect 6-7 grams of kratom is to taking a couple vicodin,, I take naproxin with kratom and it is very effective,, and the best part is that when I run out of kratom,, the worst thing I suffer is maybe a couple days of a really weird scratchy throat,, a little runny nose and a little bit of sweating,, but then I just take Loperamide you can get over the counter,,and take that for a day or 2 and thats it,,on a scale of 1 to 10 for discomfort,, id say its a 3 for 2 or 3 days,, and thats it,, unlike Vicodin,, where its weeks of misery,,and now if i do get vicodin,, I always have kratom too,, and instead of taking my 20-30 vicodin prescription and taking all of it in 2 days it can last weeks, or I can even leave it in the med cabinet for months till i need them again,, Kratom is the best thing for anyone that genuinely needs opiate pain meds from time to time,,but has found themselves addicted to it... this is the answer to that problem,, and I pray that stupid politicians that think they know better,, just leave this stuff alone, and lets us have this wonderful herb... I never get the angry outburst or the problems sleeping or getting erections or constipation,,,, I have zero negative side effects while using this even for months in a row,,

I have tried every strain,, I like Maeng Da the best,, Green Malay is very similar in effect and is cheaper,, I tried the capsuls,, I tried making tea, even made extracts,,, but I found this to work the best,,, i buy a bottle of juice,, preferable grapefruit, because I believe the grapefruit potentiates it just like grapefruit does every other drug,, and it makes it taste ok,, apple juice also completely wipes out the nasty taste,, I just take a heaping table spoon,,dump it in the juice and shake it up,,let it sit for a while,, then drink fast,,, and 3 minutes later the effects kick in and its absolutely fantastic
Old 21-02-2014, 02:11

Male from United States
rasputin1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Why are you referring to yourself in a 3rd person nom-de-plume? Kratom is legal, and besides, none of us care what you choose to imbibe.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This thread was posted before the runes were changed. Please use the rep system for such comments only when appropriate.
Adds nothing to the thread.
He should have checked the date of the post first.
Old 21-02-2014, 14:55
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,530, Level: 20 Points: 19,530, Level: 20 Points: 19,530, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Rasputin, why are you replying to a post made almost 3 years ago?
The site rules were different then, and regardless of a drugs legality where you live you were expected to avoid self incrimination.

Keep in mind also that kratom might well be legal where you live but that does not mean it is legal everywhere.

You post adds nothing to the thread, is off topic and therefore a completely wasted bump.
Perhaps instead of digging up old threads just to complain you could take a few minutes to read the rules, and remember to check the dates of posts you are thinking of replying to.

Share this on:

Tags
drug, kratom, kratom leaf, kratom preparation, kratom tea, maeng da, maeng da kratom, opiates, smoking kratom, speed, tea