Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-04-2011, 10:56

Male from Canada
l.a.k.a.i. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
alright, i am doing this wrong

alright, so in few words, no life story here...

Swim might be pretty anxious to get high at times, but sometimes i think i am burning my meth in a bulp pipe with the tube or w/e and gets fewer hits when the shit turns brown
is it actually wasting it? and do i need to apply less heat? i just heat the shit until it puddles and then keep heat on it and roll it like i was shown, occasionally removing heat for a second or two before back to the pipe. but im only seeing the smoke not the dope so i cant tell if im burning it while hitting it.

i know theres a lot of other threads about this, but none about the shit burning to a brown colour, so if you dont mind, simple answeres even would work.
pc
Old 30-04-2011, 11:30
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from France
Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%
Re: alright, i am doing this wrong

First off the stuff might be turning brown because of come kind of cut, keep that in mind. And to my knowledge, if the is glass betwixt the flame and the glass... I mean, glass betwixt the flame and the meth, I don't see how an incandescence of the meth could occur.
When vaping any powder/crystal my cat tends to let it heat slowly, not keeping the flame on the glass (pipe) for to long at a time. It also slows the production of smoke/vapor allowing my cat to take his time when toking. And betwixt evaporations SWIY can surveil the state of your meth.

Meow =^.^=
Old 30-04-2011, 12:02

Male from Canada
l.a.k.a.i. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

sounds good....so rather, swim needs to slow down then
not to sound totally new, but should swim let the flame either touch or not touch the bowl? swim has seen the same meth smoked and only turn brown when swim heats it too much at once, but unsure as to whats "too much" since swim packs little more than 1-2 hits, per bowl, to avoid getting too fucked up.

and finally, the only question im really concerned about, is: too much heat and burning is bad in what way to the user? :P
Old 30-04-2011, 14:42
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from France
Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

In my cat's ideal world no flame should touch the glass: the meth would melt and vape perfectly, and the glass of the bowl wouldn't need as much of a wash, But on this planet, just let that flame hit the glass (bowl of course).

I was thinking back at the color, I rememberer some stuff that when my cat smoked it, left an amber residue and it was relatively pure (my cat didn't cook it, but the cook would never let my cat smoke crap). So I believe that slight coloration shouldn't be an issue.

The meth will vape at a certain temperature, and it will be difficult for the vapors to be much hotter then the boiling point (in normal conditions), so no matter what you do, the vapors will always be about the same temperature. Sticking your pipe in the freezer will cool the smoke down a bit (think of that: always put ice cubes in a bong!).
So don't fret to much about regulating temperature. But to answer your question, I can not tell of any serious health issues linked to the heat of the vapors inhaled, discomfort and burning of the mouth tissues is an issue... but I can't think of any else.
Then again I don't know for sure, and I believe that a more learned member will answer.

Hope this helps
Meow =^.^=
Old 07-05-2011, 09:41
Silver Member

Male from Earth
iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.k.a.i. View Post
alright, so in few words, no life story here...

Swim might be pretty anxious to get high at times, but sometimes i think i am burning my meth in a bulp pipe with the tube or w/e and gets fewer hits when the shit turns brown
is it actually wasting it? and do i need to apply less heat? i just heat the shit until it puddles and then keep heat on it and roll it like i was shown, occasionally removing heat for a second or two before back to the pipe. but im only seeing the smoke not the dope so i cant tell if im burning it while hitting it.

i know there's a lot of other threads about this, but none about the shit burning to a brown colour, so if you dont mind, simple answeres even would work.
pc
The brown color could be a number of things, anything from dust to leftover dirty red phos. But I doubt it's that latter due to current production methods. Could be also a dark green that looks brown (iodine or copper) You do not mention blowing off the cut or the type of lighter you use. If it's a "beige" tone or cream color than that is good. So when you say "brown" is it brown like a UPS truck or brown like cocoa butter?

If you are not blowing off the cut and you are using one of those lighters off a liqueur store counter top and you get your glass black the brown color could be from the dirty butane that is used in those shitty lighters.

It's taken some time but my monkey finally found a way around some of the latest cut that has been a nightmare since it has a higher melting point than his chicken.

If you don't know how to use a torch lighter without burning the shit outta your chicken use a Bic but hold it far enough away from the bowl to NOT blacken it. When choosing a Bic lighter pick a color other than white or one of those multicolored or patterned. I'll explain the importance in a second.

1. Either way your gear comes, whether in chunks or powder or a mixture of both crush and mix it up prior to loading your vessel. The importance of this is unless you are raising your own chicken then most are cut. Now the consistency of the cut ratio is impossible to find out. Meaning you may get some pieces of chicken that have more cut than others and some may be all cut. So to make your BBQ a better experience crush it all up and mix well this way you don't load inconstant bowls.
  2. Load er up with your normal ish and put the coals to her. letting it slowly melt, you'll smell the cut if there's any.
  3. Once she's puddled up blow slowly while rotating in the 10 to 2. as the cloud is blowing out place your Bic lighter on it's side just over the hole on your bowl while still blowing out. Stop blowing and plug the mouth side of the pipe with your index finger and take a look at the side of the lighter you placed over the hole. You should clearly see a white powder spot on the side of the lighter (and why you don't buy a white lighter). Wipe it off and continue doing the same until there is no more white residue that ends up on the side of the lighter.
  4. Now your gear is ready to use with the cut removed and it'll show with how much longer the bowl last then before.
You don't ever want to inhale any of the shit these days until you's cleaned it or blown off the cut.

Try to learn how to use a torch lighter and always buy premium filtered butane and filtered as many times as possible. Using a torch is this easy and those that torch their gear don't realize they forgot their helmet somewhere. Ask yourself this question, if you turn on your stove and place your hand right on top of the flame is it hot? Fuck yeah, but if you place your hand higher or "farther away" <<HINT from the heat the heat is not as hot is it? So simply hold the lighter farther away from the bowl and learn how to use it you won't regret it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting TEK, thanks for sharing your method
Old 07-05-2011, 12:38
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNFRiNGE
It's taken some time but my monkey finally found a way around some of the latest cut that has been a nightmare since it has a higher melting point than his chicken.
The technique you posted sounds interesting, but do you know how this works, considering the above (that the cut melts @ a higher temp than the goodies)? If it has to be heated higher than the temp needed to vaporise the goodies in order to heat up & blow off the cut, how are the goodies remaining in the bowl?

Just curious. I don't smoke (it's not popular in New England & is still kind of hard to find here unless you frequent gay clubs *shrug*), but I have friends I visit in other states that do, & I find the whole process fascinating.

~Kailey
Old 07-05-2011, 17:44
Silver Member

Male from Earth
iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
The technique you posted sounds interesting, but do you know how this works, considering the above (that the cut melts @ a higher temp than the goodies)? If it has to be heated higher than the temp needed to vaporise the goodies in order to heat up & blow off the cut, how are the goodies remaining in the bowl?

Just curious. I don't smoke (it's not popular in New England & is still kind of hard to find here unless you frequent gay clubs *shrug*), but I have friends I visit in other states that do, & I find the whole process fascinating.

~Kailey
Although the hope has a slightly higher melting point, it's taking longer to recrystallize therefore allowing the majority of the chili to remain. FYI my monkey is swirling the goods while he rids it of the garbage.

My monkey immediately can tell when the trash is removed by no more residue with the lighter test, the smell (lack of that is), taste (better obviously), color (from clear to light cream) and how much better the gear performs at that point (lasts longer, more hits).

Share this on:

Tags
crystal, crystal meth, drugs, drugs-forum, meth, meth bumps, methamphetamine, pipes