Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-04-2011, 07:11
Silver Member

Female from United States
Funnymo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Having to switch from norco 10/325 to oxycodone 5/325

Okay so I have this monkey who love hydrocodone and norco. It actually takes 5-6 10/325 a day usually but this monkey is running dry but has a supply of oxycodone encase of emergency. This monkey is wondering how many would be equivalent to each. Now this is a pretty quick monkey and it knows that there is a chemical difference this monkey would like to be able to function a few days til they get there beloved norco's. Any advise would be highly appreciated thank you so much in advance. I am sure this monkey will be very grateful for any help they can get.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please use the search function & read the Sticky threads before asking questions. Also, don't cross/double post - just one thread is needed to get your questions answered.
You didn't use the search, you double posted, then you cross posted. Not cool.
Old 28-04-2011, 17:52
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Having to switch from norco 10/325 to oxycodone 5/325

A quick perusal of the Opioid/Opiate forums would get you the answer you seek - you're looking for an equivalency chart.

Generally, oxycodone is 1-1.5 times the strength of hydrocodone (I think I said that correctly).

Dose the same, or a bit less, in milligrams as you would for hydrocodone.

Also, you only need to create one thread about your issue.

~Kailey

ETA: see my post further down the thread for more in-depth info; I was going by memory & personal experience.

Last edited by kailey_elise; 28-04-2011 at 21:11.
Old 28-04-2011, 19:28
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

nah, oxycodone is about twice as strong as hydrocodone, imo and in my experience. a 5 mg percocet is equal to a 10 mg hydrocodone. if OP takes 60 mg of hydrocodone daily, 30 mg oxycodone should do him good. If he takes 60 of oxy, he's going to be way more higher than he's used to.

btw, i don't have a reference for the oxy:hydro ratio, that is just (vast) personal experience.
Old 28-04-2011, 19:48
Silver Member

Female from United States
Funnymo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My freinds monkey is very appreciative for the advice. I spent several hours going to both forums yesterday and could find anything like an equivalency chart for either. If you could direct me to that it would be appreciated. As for both posts wasn't sure where it would apply so tried both. I apologize if I over stepped this monkey my friend has was just a little conserned and didn't want to waste or be sick. This was my first time posting for my friends monkey so was a little nervous and wasn't sure if anyone would reply. Have been browsing this sight for a month or so desided to make the big jump and just ask. Thanks again
Old 28-04-2011, 21:09
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

The post I was talking about is the first Sticky on the main Opiates forum:

Complete List of Opioid Dosages

However, it doesn't have that nice chart that I thought it had; or maybe it does but it's not on the first page. It does have some of the info, but not in a nice, easy to understand format. So...

GlobalRPh has this nice little cgi converter - even though it says "total daily dose", I'd slap in the dose one takes at a time. It says 10mg of hydrocodone converts to 6.67mg of oxycodone. (which I think is saying oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger than hydrocodone? 1.67 times stronger? Eh, it's pretty close...). I think "GlobalRPH" stands for "Global Reference (for) Physicians", if you care.

Oh! I just found the table I was looking for on wikipedia, if you go to the "Opioid_comparison" page - I can't hyperlink to Wikipedia & the table's really too large to copy here (though I hope to copy the table either to a new thread or into the Opiate & Opioid Wiki here on the site). That's probably the best one I've seen - it even has non-narcotic pain relievers in there, for comparison.

Surprisingly, many of the other tables I've found don't list hydrocodone at all, or treat it like codeine, which doesn't make sense, since it's definitely stronger than codeine by a fairly decent margin! I found a "convert your patient to methadone" chart that stated if a patient is on codeine or hydrocodone to treat them as "opioid naive"!! How's that for some bullshit - surely it would depend on dose!

Anyway, there you go.

~Kailey

Share this on:

Tags
drug, hydrocodone, norco, norcos, opiates, oxycodone, oxycontin, percocet, percocets, roxicet, roxicodone