Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 28-04-2011, 06:22

Female from Earth
kindercaregoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Vicodin vs. Oxycodone

So my hermit crab, Suzie, has been taking Vicodin 5 mgs lately (about one every day or two) for recreational effects. She heard that Oxycodone was much stronger and when she ran out of Vicodin (she only had about 20 from a surgery), she popped an Oxy, expecting to feel much more euphoric. Long story short, she seems to feel less high than with the Vicodin and the tendinitis she just happens to be experiencing hasn't gone away. She took another 5 mg Oxy after about 30 minutes of not feeling the first and just feels a little warmer. What gives? Is she looking for a feeling that she just might not achieve with this particular medication or might it just be a fluke or her pre-pill state of mind? p.s. when she does drugs she is usually looking for a happy, relaxed feeling.

kindercaregoat added 9 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

she seems to have made an error, it's actually hydrocodone and she just doesn't understand the difference.

Last edited by kindercaregoat; 28-04-2011 at 06:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-04-2011, 09:49

30 y/o Male from Netherlands
DrMed is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vicodin vs. Oxycodone

When swiy pops the same dosage every day, a tolerance will built.
5mg will not be enough anmore to achieve the euphoric feeling it once did.

I think that is what swiy is experiencing now.
Old 28-04-2011, 20:12
Silver Member

Female from United States
RubyHollywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1

When my Alleycat takes Hydrocodone she feels nada. When she takes Oxycodone she feels a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Only bad thing is that by the 3rd dose she needs to double the amount to get the same high. HTH
Old 29-04-2011, 07:50

Female from Earth

thank you, i think you both must be right. turns out it is oxycodone and was probably just not enough taken. but should oxy be much stronger than vicodin? she expected (my hermit crab i mean) that one oxy would be the equivalent of multiple vicodin.
Old 29-04-2011, 08:29
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
JamesKToke is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

Oxycodone is about 25% more potent than hydrocodone (Vicodin), but they are also not the same drug. Oxy is not just more potent version of hydro, they have slight differences. My secret friend actually likes hydrocodone better, by quite a bit. While oxy has more potent sedating effects and a stronger "physical euphoria", hydrocodone actually is more likely to have effects directly on one's mood, id est with oxy it may improve one's mood because of the good feeling, but with hydro it is more likely than oxy to induce "mental euphoria".
Old 29-04-2011, 10:45

Female from Earth

thank you all for the insight. and James, my hermit crab agrees with that analysis thoroughly.
Old 30-04-2011, 01:39

Male from Earth
painfree? should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1

oxycodone mixed with acetaminophen is pretty weak(percocet) even the 10mg/325aceta is weak..Hydrocodone is stronger when taken in comparison to these percocet if you are looking for the euphoria...BUT, idk why your friend says her pain isn't going away as oxycodone is a much better pain killer in my opinion than hydrocodone. Hydrocodone leaves me hurting the next day, while oxy does the same thing but whle i'm on oxy i have 0 pain. Vicodin leaves the acute pain to a zero, but some of the chronic long lasting, soreness is still there.

tell her if she wants to mess up her life more *chuckles as we all do on this forum* get a prescription to pure oxycodone, like roxicodone or oxycontin, percocet is weak in comparison to pure dosages of oxycodone. NOBODY makes a pure hydrocodone, I actually really like hydrocodone though, it's strong stuff...gives me nodds stronger than oxy, kinda..?

edit: nobody makes a pure hydrocodone pill, meaning that it's always cut with acetaminophen

Post Quality Evaluations:
Not true at all! Incredibly dangerous information to tell someone that any oxycodone mixed with APAP is "weak", & that it's okay to take a "bunch" of 10mg tablets!
mod should delete this post; incredibly misinformation

Last edited by Gradient; 01-10-2011 at 04:18. Reason: removed potential bad times
Old 30-04-2011, 22:13
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfree? View Post
oxycodone mixed with acetaminophen is pretty weak(percocet) even the 10mg/325aceta is weak..even taking a bunch of them won't do much for you.
This is one of the most dangerous statements I've seen on the forum.

If I have 10mg oxycodone pills with APAP, or the 10mg oxycodone pills without the APAP, it doesn't matter; oxycodone is oxycodone.

Why would you tell someone that they can take a "bunch" of 10mg oxycodone pills & that it won't do anything to them? That is so dangerously incorrect - they could die from an opiate overdose or die from liver failure (from the APAP).

We only offer factual information on this forum when it comes to stuff like that - do you research before spouting off that it's okay to take a bunch of strong painkillers to reasonably opiate-naive people & that they not only would be fine, but not even feel much.

Stupid & dangerous.

~Kailey
Old 01-05-2011, 03:24
CaptainTripps CaptainTripps is nu online
Law & Policy sections
Co-Moderator

58 y/o Male from USA - Washington
CaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline Medline
Points: 3,576, Level: 8 Points: 3,576, Level: 8 Points: 3,576, Level: 8
Activity: 17.5% Activity: 17.5% Activity: 17.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKToke View Post
Oxycodone is about 25% more potent than hydrocodone (Vicodin), but they are also not the same drug. Oxy is not just more potent version of hydro, they have slight differences. My secret friend actually likes hydrocodone better, by quite a bit. While oxy has more potent sedating effects and a stronger "physical euphoria", hydrocodone actually is more likely to have effects directly on one's mood, id est with oxy it may improve one's mood because of the good feeling, but with hydro it is more likely than oxy to induce "mental euphoria".
First, I would like to say Oxycodone is generally considered to be approx 2x as strong as Hydrocodone. If you check the internet health and medication sites you can find conparison charts. They sometimes disagree on the exact comparison but I have yet to see one that says that Oxycodone is only 25% stronger. One chart I saw compared everything to morphine. It said that hydrocodone was 0.6 times as strong as morphine, while Oxycodone is 1.5 to 2.0 times as strong as morphine.
FYI, my source for this is xxxx.

Second, while I clearly agree that Oxycodone and Hydrocodone have different effects, those effects can vary from person to person. SWIM has found that Hydrocodone make them laid back and content, while Oxycodone has an almost a speed like effect and can make them a little irratable. The Oxy is great for getting things done, like work around the house, while the Hydro makes for a day of sitting around daydreaming. But that is just SWIM, Jamesktoke seems to have an opposite reaction. When it come to opiates, it is often hard to generalize when it comes to effects. It is not just that some people enjoy different kinds of effects than other people, some people actually experience different effects than other people when using the same substance.

Last edited by Gradient; 03-05-2011 at 00:28. Reason: removed other forum
Old 01-05-2011, 22:32
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from Uzbekistan
fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

SWIM has noticed that Hydrocodone will give SWIM a off-balance type of effect / dizziness (not in a bad way) in the head when moving around and that Oxycodone gives a more feeling of being content and slight nausea sometimes.

Hydrocodone gives SWIM a bad headache when cutting back the dose where Oxycodone gives SWIM the uh-oh SWIY might be gonna be getting sick / feeling of being nervous if another dose is not taken. The runny nose is pretty annoying that no allergy medicine can cure atleast not for SWIM.

Last edited by fuzelogic; 01-05-2011 at 23:48.
Old 01-05-2011, 23:45
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzelogic View Post
The runny nose is pretty annoying that no allergy medicine can cure atleast not for SWIM.
No, but clonidine pretty much takes care of it, along with the weepy eyes & overabundant salivation. I assume lofexidine (did I spell that right? the brand name's Britlofex if I didn't) does as well, since they are very similar medications. Generally pretty easily available from the doctor.

It's funny, because Vicodin (hydrocodone + APAP) always makes my stomach hurt, but I respond favorably to Percocet (oxycodone + APAP). So I've always requested the Percocet when a doctor would mention s/he was prescribing me Vicodin; it took me a while to figure out that they were always reluctant because Vicodin is Schedule III in the US, while Percocet is Schedule II.

But isn't it strange how people respond differently to different meds?

~Kailey
Old 01-05-2011, 23:56
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from Uzbekistan
fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post

It's funny, because Vicodin (hydrocodone + APAP) always makes my stomach hurt, but I respond favorably to Percocet (oxycodone + APAP). So I've always requested the Percocet when a doctor would mention s/he was prescribing me Vicodin; it took me a while to figure out that they were always reluctant because Vicodin is Schedule III in the US, while Percocet is Schedule II.

But isn't it strange how people respond differently to different meds?

~Kailey
Yes, SWIM feels like they are about to cry,but no tears come out. SWIM appreciates the recommendation of medicine about the runny nose, it's pretty crazy how much a nose can run!

SWIM is gonna need a pill box soon for all the different medication and how one fixes one problem and then creates another which then needs a new prescription to fix the side effect.

SWIM feels oxycodone feels more natural compared to hydrocodone, but taking oxycodone can be opening up it's own can of worms!

SWIM would tell others to NOT under estimate the power of opiates especially when moving from a CIII to a CII. If SWIY has been addicted to hydrocodone for example, it seems like the grace period for other opiates is shortened until the withdraw symptoms take effect.

For example, 1st time taking hydrocodone a user might be able to go 6-8 months before major withdraw symptoms. The user takes a 6 month break and takes hydrocodone again, this time withdraw might be back in less than 2 months!

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs-forum, euphoria, hydrocodone, hydrocodone effects, opiate, oxycodon, oxycodone, oxycodone dose, oxycontin, percocet, roxy, vicodin