Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 28-04-2011, 02:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
semperfi74 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Detoxing and need encouragement

Hello everyone,
I became addicted to hydrocodone and have been using it to some degree or another over the past 2.5 years. I have used it everyday for about the past 1.5 years approx 8-12 10/325's / day. I got sick of the expense, the guilt, and the crappy way I was feeling. Just taking them to feel normal. Anyway, I tapered down for about a week and experienced significant withdrawals. I cut down to 4/day and then got down to 2/day. During that time I experienced muscle cramps, diarrhea, restlessness, sweats. Then I cut off completely 5 days ago. I then experienced serious restless legs, insomnia, depression... The physical things are getting better. I am sleeping a little. But the emotional doom and gloom is tough. I am concerned about some lingering effects>>>severe dry mouth and my head and neck are constantly hot feeling and sensitive skin, like a mild sunburn. I'm not sure why I'm so thirsty as I'm drinking a ton of water!! Anyone ever experience this? Guess I'm looking for reassurance and encouragement. Thank you for listening.
Old 28-04-2011, 02:39
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
m.swinehart81 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Detoxing and need encouragement

Dehydration! Opiate withdrawl is hell! Im right there with ya... Heroin though. I dont really have any words of encouragement at the moment as I am feeling quite discouraged myself but as far as the dry mouth just keep drinking water. Water is so important through this. Especially if there is puking and diarrhea present... Dehydration is a huge problem during opiate withdrawls. I have personally seen many friends hospitalized due to that exact thing so keep up with lots of water.
Best of luck to you!
Old 28-04-2011, 14:44
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from USA - Oregon
Mineralzz is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Swim knows how you feel, but swim is addicted to a high level opiate, straight oxycotin. Swim thinks swiy should continue to drink loadsss of water, and maybe try to swiys hands on something like Methadone or Suboxone to aid with swiys withdrawls and over all recovery. Swim used suboxone to ease the withdrawl symptoms and now only takes suboxone when swim feels a very strong urge to use, it's a good deterrent. Swim hopes swiy will stick through it and continue with swiys recovery (: It's a toughhhhh road, but swiy can do it if swiy really puts his/her mind to it.
Old 28-04-2011, 15:05
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%

Oh sweetheart, you've done so well.

Try to drink as much as possible, that should ease the dehydration, but have you thought of getting your sugar levels checked. Diabetes might be the problem? Apart from that it's gonna feel like a bit of a slog until you find something that you really feel like doing. Something that motivates you. What do you enjoy doing (apart from using opiates I mean)

That's gonna be the key from now on. Finding something that's enjoyable for you to put in place of the drugs? And everyone (even if they don't realise it) that they enjoy, that lifts their soul. It might be exercise, or music? Perhaps reading a good book, or maybe studying? But it's there.

But please, don't give up, hang in there, cos it does get better. It just takes time. You see most people don't become addicted in a matter of weeks/months, so it makes sense that you aint gonna get un addicted in weeks/months, doesn't it? I found that getting through certain anniversaries helped. Like the first week drug free, then the first month. Next came the first three months, then six, nine, then finally, a year.

But don't stress it love, do it a day at a time. If you wanna talk about anything please feel free to PM me, ok?

Sparkles.

Post Quality Evaluations:
helpful supportive advice
Old 28-04-2011, 15:24
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Things to feel better ; protein, amino acids, garlic pills (for blood pressure), vitamin B6 100 mg three times a day, minerals, one a day vitamins, warm soaks in a tub, good music, funny comedy (as opposed to un funny comedy), and lots of water. AFOAF is now on day 6/7 *cheated on third day with 20 mg*.

AFOAF also has a question please. He has never came across this situation so has never researched it. If he is on day 6/7 and is basically done with the noticible stuff, if he were to take say 20 mg three times in two days, would that kick the withdrawals back in action? AFOAF has legit pain, but sometimes forgets how many he has taken.
Old 28-04-2011, 15:35

missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
T

AFOAF also has a question please. He has never came across this situation so has never researched it. If he is on day 6/7 and is basically done with the noticible stuff, if he were to take say 20 mg three times in two days, would that kick the withdrawals back in action? AFOAF has legit pain, but sometimes forgets how many he has taken.
So how did your friend deal with the pain throughout wd? I think the fact that he feels he "cheated" as opposed to "used something for pain" during the WD means that maybe he doesn't need the meds for pain relief as much as he thought he did?

Not saying your friend doesn't have legitimate pain issues, but it's easy to justify using drugs that are stronger than required, just by saying "I have pain." Is there anything (less addictive) that your friend can use?

In the past Sparkles has talked herself back into using cos she didn't address the real problems that were keeping her using. It was too easy to just make excuses. Just have a look at what's on offer for pain, see if there's not something that will enable your friend to be pain free without them having to tolerate an addiction?

They've done so well, so far. Well done.

Sparkles.
Old 28-04-2011, 21:28
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
So how did your friend deal with the pain throughout wd? I think the fact that he feels he "cheated" as opposed to "used something for pain" during the WD means that maybe he doesn't need the meds for pain relief as much as he thought he did?

Not saying your friend doesn't have legitimate pain issues, but it's easy to justify using drugs that are stronger than required, just by saying "I have pain." Is there anything (less addictive) that your friend can use?

In the past Sparkles has talked herself back into using cos she didn't address the real problems that were keeping her using. It was too easy to just make excuses. Just have a look at what's on offer for pain, see if there's not something that will enable your friend to be pain free without them having to tolerate an addiction?

They've done so well, so far. Well done.

Sparkles.
Good point. He told me that he only said "cheating" because when he was counting days, he took some and he didn't know if that messed up the withdrawal function. He has legit back pain and went without pain medication excluding 800 motrin. It did not work out good for him. He was testing to see if he really needed to keep taking norcos or not.

That is why he would like to know that since his WD's are basically gone on day 6/7, if he were to take 20 mg three times in three days if the WD's would come back. He up until now has not had this kind of issue.

Thank you
Old 28-04-2011, 23:00

You're gonna have to exert a helluva lot of control to keep to that dose. Is there anyone who can keep the meds and give it to you, or perhaps give you a days dose? Just for a while until you get further through your detox?

Sparkles.
Old 28-04-2011, 23:28
Palladium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
You're gonna have to exert a helluva lot of control to keep to that dose. Is there anyone who can keep the meds and give it to you, or perhaps give you a days dose? Just for a while until you get further through your detox?

Sparkles.
That's all he has. It's because of the fear of WD's kicking in that he has not touched them. When his next prescription is filled it is gave out and locked, it also keeps them from disappearing.

Share this on:

» New Threads
what was the first drug that you...
Last post by laron16
123 Replies, 10,029 Views
How Hard was it for you to get...
Last post by tidruid
21 Replies, 1,274 Views
loperamide what do you know?
Last post by Beenthere2Hippie
1 Replies, 19 Views
lyrica for opiate withdrawal!?!