Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cocaine addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine addiction Support for coping with Crack & Cocaine addiction and Crack & Cocaine addiction treatment.

Old 21-04-2011, 21:50

Female from Canada
mckinlsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Memory loss due to Cocaine use..plz help

SWIM can't exactly remember how many times she used Cocaine when she used it. But I'm having a lot of problems thinking now and she has severe memory problems and just thinking in general is hard like she can't pay attention to anything anymore.. Swim also experiences a lot of anxiety and depression. Its been years since shes used last but she always just feels like my life is nothing without it and she can't stop thinking about it. Swim is tired of having all of these cognitive problems and thinks that one day she might just overdose on drugs. I have no other thoughts other then addition...plz help.... is she brain dead?
Swim has tried to think about math doing anything is hard...
Swim only used for about 3 or 4 months with a mixture of extacy and cocaine... but she used about an 8 ball a day almost and only about 4 extacy pills but she did overdose, she can't remember very much about what happened and her whole life is like a big blur now..... what happened? Can anyone help or have any advice? Swim has been to the hospital now 10 times for severe depression because of this...
Old 31-05-2011, 00:40
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21
Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4%
Re: Memory loss due to Cocaine use..plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinlsa View Post
Its been years since shes used last but she always just feels like my life is nothing without it and she can't stop thinking about it.
She hasn't used cocaine in years but still thinks about it, and craves it? Has she been seeing a therapist about this?

Quote:
Swim only used for about 3 or 4 months with a mixture of extacy and cocaine... but she used about an 8 ball a day almost and only about 4 extacy pills but she did overdose, she can't remember very much about what happened and her whole life is like a big blur now..... what happened?
I'm gonna be honest here - but that track record is not good. Even though it was only a few months, those are incredibly high amounts and can and likely did cause some neurological damage. What happened is characteristic of a drug addiction: initial use, escalation of dose, maintainance of dose, followed by what was presumably some form of withdrawal caused by cessation of drug intake.

Can you provide more details about the overdose? What happened? Hospitalization? Prognosis?

Quote:
But I'm having a lot of problems thinking now and she has severe memory problems and just thinking in general is hard like she can't pay attention to anything anymore.. Swim also experiences a lot of anxiety and depression.
Those can definitely result from Psychomotor stimulant abuse.

Check out the MDMA wiki for more info.

Quote:
Swim has tried to think about math doing anything is hard...
Can anyone help or have any advice? Swim has been to the hospital now 10 times for severe depression because of this...
The depression is likely treatable - what have to doctors recommended or prescribed? More information would be helpful on the matter. It is important to remember that things may get better with time and abstinence.
Old 29-09-2011, 09:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Chibas is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive read this and wanted to add similar issues.

Swimm has stopped using cocaine for the past 1.5 weeks and is having a very hard time trying to sleep at night. Swimm will lay in bed around 1130 pm and not fall asleep till 3-4am. Along with this the memory has diminished quite a bit over the past year. Just like today, Swimm had an appointment and it completely slipped the mind. He has forgotten to to call a family member to wish them a happy bday, forgets to brush the teeth when waking up, feeding the pets, and even forgot to put gas in the car minutes after looking at the gauge being in the red (had to call roadside service).

This worries swim alot and is sure the damage has been done. Swim has to keep a note pad on the night stand to remind him of things that need to be done.

Has anyone experienced this that has gotten over it? Or is swims memory permanently damaged?What can be done?

thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 06:47

Female from Canada
themrs87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

P.A.W.S. - its Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms, do a little googling it will help you make more sense of what is happening no worries
Old 11-10-2011, 17:13
Silver Member

42 y/o Female from United States
Nuthatch is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1

I totally agree with NeuroChi, but I also want to add that I don't think anyone should assume that it only could be from drugs abuse. The Neurological symptoms you mentioned (memory, cognitive issues, etc), even anxiety to depression can be from many other illnesses as well, such as Lyme disease or Multiple Sclerosis, etc.

To rule these out, your best bet would be to ask your doctor for an MRI of the brain and explain your situation, hoping you have a good relationship with him/her. Also, see a Neurologist because they specialize in all this, and that doctor would probably order a spinal tap as well, because that also rules out many diseases/illnesses.

I don't want to scare you, but when you're on drugs for a long period of time, many people, including yourself, automatically think that everything going wrong in your mind and body is from past drug abuse. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Be on the safe side and talk to your doctor about what's happening to you. And please don't put it off. I did for years and later found out I had MS. It progresses and it's no fun. Not saying you have it, but anything is possible. Just don't assume it's from drug abuse, is all I'm saying.

Best of luck!
Old 11-10-2011, 17:36
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Nuthatch makes an excellent point.

Additionally, I wanted to mention when I first saw this thread (but it must have slipped my mind ) that my mental health issues give me symptoms similar to what you describe: poor memory, problems paying attention, etc. I have depression, anxiety disorder, ADHD & PTSD.

To be honest, I think much of my anxiety is caused by untreated ADHD (my shrink "doesn't believe in prescribing stimulants", nor does she really even think that ADHD exists at all...getting a new shrink soon (no, really this time)). Poor memory & such can be a symptom of depression/anxiety/ADHD, poor focus, same thing. Also, lots of people end up 'self-medicating' to point with illicit drugs and cocaine use is VERY common in people who aren't treating their ADHD appropriately (btw, appropriate treatment doesn't necessarily include stimulant medications, though it can).

Particularly where you seem to feel hopeless without drugs, this is definitely something you need to see a therapist AND a psychiatrist about. Depression especially is no joke & not something you should just try to brush off.

If you do have any mental health issues, once they are being treated appropriately (whatever that means for you - and *should* include more than JUST medication, btw), you may find your overwhelming desire to get high fades out of your mind.

~Kailey

Share this on:

Tags
addict, cocain, cocaine, cocaine abuse, cocaine addict, cocaine users, crack, crack cocaine, drugs-forum, memory loss