Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-02-2006, 00:21
asd

How much is too much for me? (Hydrocodone)

I was prescribed Vicoprofen (Hydrocodone) 7.5/200 for pain from surgery. Been taking it for about 3 months now and doctors tell me I will probably have to take it for some time.

I have to take two pills to get any sort of relief but sometimes that just doesn't cut it.

I have this fear though of getting sick if I take too much and really don't have a clue what is too much.

How many can I take estimated and be in the clear? I weigh about 160lbs if that matters.

Could a person take 3 or 4 and possibilly overdose?
Old 08-02-2006, 00:40
Silver Member

Male
armatitumor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
SWIM has taken alot of those and been fine, except being extremely fucked up on vicodin isnt very fun. SWIM has taken up to 9 or 10 of those. I think what you're really worried about is acetamenophin, and these pills have a low acetamenophin content so it seems you're in the clear. Just work your way up one pill at a time until you find your dose. Try to cap it off at maybe 5 or 6 though, you should be perfectly safe at that dose, although it is kind of high.
Old 08-02-2006, 00:45
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12
swim used hydrocodone 7.5's and weighs 200lbs he has to take about 10 to even get 'high' from them, but hydrocodone doesnt do much for me, hes moved to oxycodone/contin and other synthetic heroins
Old 08-02-2006, 00:57
asd

[quote=armatitumor]Just work your way up one pill at a time until you find your dose. quote]

Lets say I take 3 and the pain is very bad still and take a fourth could I overdose and die or is this just not possible would I have to take quite a few? I'm not a rec. drug user so I'm very dumb when it comes to this and I worry a lot.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:20
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4
Almost sounds to me like these pills don't contain Acetaminophen, but rather Ibuprofen. Either way you don't wanna take too much of either 4 or 5 and you should be all right but if you plan on taking much more than that look into something called a "cold water extraction".
Old 08-02-2006, 06:49
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,284, Level: 11 Points: 6,284, Level: 11 Points: 6,284, Level: 11
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%
Spot on BCS! Max dose of Ibuprofen is 2400mg in a 24 hour period, in exceptional circumstances, i.e not recommended and not to be done regularly or for a long time unless absolutely necessary. Like all nsaid's (non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) ibuprofen can give you some nasty physical side effects with high dose long term use, so your caution is well founded.

Vicoprofen is only indicated for short term use, so go back to your doctor and tell him/her that a) the drugs don't work, and b) you've been doing a bit of reading and are concerned about the risks of ibuprofen in the long term.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/vicoprofen_ids.htm

After doing a bit of digging found that US max dose is 3200mg ibuprofen, compared to 2400 in Briton, so that gives you alittle more to play with, but still do go and see yer doc - 3-5 months is a long time to be taking any pain med for surgery, esp an opiate based one that doesn't cut it! In addition to the long term potential of 'brufen you also run the risk of dependency from the opiate...
Old 08-02-2006, 23:21
asd

Would MS Contin be a good solution to take for long-term pain?

I tried taking a very low dosage of methadone and can't be on that and function at my job as I need to be.
Old 08-02-2006, 23:54

37 y/o
Yeahsme should review received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
swim finds that taking more than about 40mg of hydrocodone serves no purpose. In other words, swim doesnt get any higher. swim says the best way to take them is in small doses, 2 hours apart. Like 20mg every 2 hours. Says thats the best way to feel good for a while and not have to come down any. swim says it gets built up in your system along the way and you get lots of energy.

To those who say that oral oxycodone is better than hydrocodone, swim says they are mistaken. swim says that oxy and hydro are 2 different buzzes. Oxy is a laid back buzz, while hydro gives energy. Both give euphoria. swim says the only real advantage that oxy has over hydro is that you can snort or inject because of the lack of tylenol.

If you are concerned about your liver because of the excessive tylenol intake, that would be a good reason to get your doc to prescribe pure hydrocodone or oxycontin.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:56

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahsme
swim finds that taking more than about 40mg of hydrocodone serves no purpose. In other words, swim doesnt get any higher. swim says the best way to take them is in small doses, 2 hours apart. Like 20mg every 2 hours. Says thats the best way to feel good for a while and not have to come down any. swim says it gets built up in your system along the way and you get lots of energy.

To those who say that oral oxycodone is better than hydrocodone, swim says they are mistaken. swim says that oxy and hydro are 2 different buzzes. Oxy is a laid back buzz, while hydro gives energy. Both give euphoria. swim says the only real advantage that oxy has over hydro is that you can snort or inject because of the lack of tylenol.

If you are concerned about your liver because of the excessive tylenol intake, that would be a good reason to get your doc to prescribe pure hydrocodone or oxycontin.
No, they are not mistaken, it's they're opinion. For someone with little/no tolerance to opiates, hydrocodone will not give energy.
Old 03-03-2011, 00:38

Male from United States
proko7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Re: How much is too much for me? (Hydrocodone)

SWIM has had a question related to this for some time. Searches have given SWIM many mixed results. We know the max daily dose of ibuprofen is 3200mg. What about the max of ibuprofen to be taken at one time? Are there dangers of a more acute nature if one takes, say, 6 Vicoprofens (1200mg ibu) or more at once, even though it's well below the daily maximum?

Share this on:

Tags
acetaminophen, cold water extraction, drug, drugs-forum, extraction, hydrocodone, hydrocodone dose, hydrocodone overdose, ibuprofen, lortab, lortabs, ms contin, overdose, percocet, snorting, vicodin, vicoprofen