Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-04-2011, 05:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from Australia
pirate24 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
does meth warp your personality?

SWIM's heard from a friend that if you do meth it'll 'warp your personality'. Is this true? Sounds like a load of BS to me.
Old 16-04-2011, 05:29
Silver Member

Male from United States
Halor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2
Re: does meth warp your personality?

It can.. depending on frequency and method of use..

My rabbit use to be able to concentrate on playing games, watching movies.. No problem!

After 5 years of slamming every now and then on weekends and long binges it's actually reversed my rabbit's brain chemistry.. He is now ADD and prescribed medication which makes him boring (levels his mood out)..

In addition to that my rabbit doesn't get enjoyment from hardly anything.. Nothing is fun..
Old 17-04-2011, 06:19
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6

I'd kinda need a better description than 'warp your personality'. What's warped?
I think while using meth, it changes your personality, as most drugs tend to do.But my pet duck's intrinsic self remains pretty much unchanged, she is the same as always when sober.
Old 17-04-2011, 10:20

Male from United States
idoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1

Studied have shown long term use impairs cognitive abilities such as ability to concentrate , increased anxiety. It also damaged the award and motivation centers of your brain
Old 23-06-2013, 18:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
Tweakin hard is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Meth brings a sense of euphoria by reversing the direction of dopamine in the brain, and increasing exact numbers are contradictory but somewhere between 1000% and 10000%. (Dopamine is the feel good chemical it is released after sex, eating, smoking a cigarette, etc etc.) As a result of this much dopamine flooding the brain, dopamine receptors get burnt out. This in turn can cause anhedonia. Anhedonia is Latin for without emotion. It is a state where one is unable to feel enjoyment as they used to and is characterized by social withdrawal, and a cessation of activities that were once considered enjoyable. So yes it is definitely safe to say that meth can warp your personality.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great examples!!! I learned much by this post
Old 23-06-2013, 22:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from United States
Infamous603 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

methamphetamine addiction will change everything. you will become a shadow of yourself. leaving the house only when absolutely necessary, sometimes not even then. things you once thought were important will fall by the wayside. friends, family, work, life. tweaking starts out fun and ends up consuming you in a big ball of anxiety, paranoia, and depression. you'll spend every cent trying to chase that fun feeling you used to get when you first started. it'll come in brief doses, but it's always fleeting. you'll have more hours in your day, but somehow time will pass quicker. before you know it, months will have passed, and you'll be wondering how things got the way they did.

in short... yes, meth changes you. not just your personality, but your whole world. you won't see it. everyone will tell you you've changed and you'll swear you're the same old you. if you choose to take this path, listen carefully to the things people warn you about, and do not, by any means, take this drug lightly.

Truer words have never been spoken
Old 24-06-2013, 08:42
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from USA - New Mexico
Killuminati89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 6.2% Activity: 6.2% Activity: 6.2%

Everyone from where I am says it steals your soul, and I have witnessed many users that seem soulless.
Some seem fine for years before it happens. some seem fine for a day and some only act like crazies while on it. Thats what got me into it.

I wanted to prove to someone that the people were allowing the changes to happen and you could still be you. To show that this person didn't have to lie and deceive.. I found out i was mostly right when it comes to it stealing souls but that just showed this friend was just a terrible friend and person. The answer i didn't want.
Old 24-06-2013, 17:02
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from Australia
michael6120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I well and truely believes it takes your soul . . . but a better description from my experience is that "my mind has opened up" after 2 years of use. I havent smoked for many months now and I cant help but think too much and analyse everything. I cannot have a conversation with a single person without making note of the slightest tiniest thing they say that anoys me - and bringing it up in the conversation. Meth has basically made develop a slight paranoia that has not yet gone away. All my friends around me have told me I've becoming very much a shitty, moody person since taking up the drug.
Old 24-06-2013, 17:16
Silver Member

to michael... I have that same thing. But i see it more as. Before i was way to nice and kind of annoyingly nice. and now I simply dont have any issue expressing myself exactly how i want to. which if not in excess i think is actually not a bad thing
Old 24-06-2013, 17:51
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from United States
SleepIs4TheWeak is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

It so does, in visible and invisible ways. It has definitely done some things to me. Some good some bad. I feel like I opened up some part of my brain that was asleep before I started using meth. Now I Want to learn everything. I love reading and spending hours researching and sharing new knowledge with anyone. I also feel more outgoing in most situations.

On the down side my preexisting anxiety goes thru the roof when I'm high. I've developed a serious phobia of germs, I even get freaked out by dust and lint. I feel nervous and do OCD like things even when I'm sober. I'm very suspicious of EVERYBODY now and I go over suspicions in my mind obsessively. I've spent all my money. And for the first time ever I've been paying bills late.

The people I was closest with are now all different. Sociopathic lying and deceitful shitbags. My other half is now super irritable and detached. If he's not high he's sleeping so him being any other way is a memory at this point.

Put it like this. Life was easier when I was a heroin addict.
Old 24-06-2013, 19:50
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepIs4TheWeak View Post
It so does, in visible and invisible ways. It has definitely done some things to me. Some good some bad. I feel like I opened up some part of my brain that was asleep before I started using meth. Now I Want to learn everything. I love reading and spending hours researching and sharing new knowledge with anyone. I also feel more outgoing in most situations.

On the down side my preexisting anxiety goes thru the roof when I'm high. I've developed a serious phobia of germs, I even get freaked out by dust and lint. I feel nervous and do OCD like things even when I'm sober. I'm very suspicious of EVERYBODY now and I go over suspicions in my mind obsessively. I've spent all my money. And for the first time ever I've been paying bills late.

The people I was closest with are now all different. Sociopathic lying and deceitful shitbags. My other half is now super irritable and detached. If he's not high he's sleeping so him being any other way is a memory at this point.

Put it like this. Life was easier when I was a heroin addict.
This is the negative straight to the point. example I have things to do.. really dont need to be sleeping.
Im on my damn third day and so yelling at shadows to quit being rude every 20 seconds is getting old. Fucking jumping around on walls and shit while im trying to type without glancing at everything. True story. lol
Old 24-06-2013, 19:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
Tweakin hard is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killuminati89 View Post
This is the negative straight to the point. example I have things to do.. really dont need to be sleeping.
Im on my damn third day and so yelling at shadows to quit being rude every 20 seconds is getting old. Fucking jumping around on walls and shit while im trying to type without glancing at everything. True story. lol
Wow you must love your sleep, Puff usually stays up 3 to 4 days at a time without a stimulant. With a stimulant usually about a week. After the third day though anhedonia sets in bad. The world could end and he wouldn't care.
Old 24-06-2013, 20:17
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from United States
SleepIs4TheWeak is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

[QUOTE=Wow you must love your sleep, Puff usually stays up 3 to 4 days at a time without a stimulant. With a stimulant usually about a week. After the third day though anhedonia sets in bad. The world could end and he wouldn't care.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could stay awake. Even now when I'm using all night/morning by the evening I knock out unintentionally for like 4 or 5 hours. I used to loveee sleeping and napping. Now my bedroom gives me anxiety. I don't even like to lounge on my bed. But that's also due to the whole dust and lint issue lol.

Tweakin Hard I know what you mean . My work hours were changed to start an hour later. And even though I'm awake all night I still somehow manage to be late every single day. When the time to get ready begins to approach..I get real depressed and anxious. If it weren't for the fact that my dad is my boss, I would have lost my job a long time ago.

SleepIs4TheWeak added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

And excuse me for totally fucking up my post. But I'm not allowed to edit apparently. Or maybe I am and just don't know how. My brain is like a puddle today lol. Think its nap time!

Last edited by SleepIs4TheWeak; 24-06-2013 at 20:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-06-2013, 20:46
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakin hard View Post
Wow you must love your sleep, Puff usually stays up 3 to 4 days at a time without a stimulant. With a stimulant usually about a week. After the third day though anhedonia sets in bad. The world could end and he wouldn't care.
The longest I stayed up just me staying up was at 17 for a total 78 hours with a two hour nap at like hour 50. lol

Now days I can stay up without stimulants about 40 hours and im done. lol. Longest with stimulants is 5 days and for me being naturally paranoid that is not so fun! I hate sleep but alas I worry about dying and shit. so i sleep semi regularly so i stay slightly healthy.
Old 24-06-2013, 22:58
Silver Member

43 y/o Female from New Zealand
submergible is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I believe it does.

My first encounter with meth users was some years ago when I worked as a PA for a guy who had gradually slid from massively successful business owner (think 7 figure income) to owner of a small business that was struggling. I never knew of his history or drug use when applying for the job - that all came to light later.

This guy had developed a reputation in his earlier years as being the guy you wanted to work for. His employees were very well paid, offered opportunities to upskill, he was one of the first in this country to adopt flexi hours where possible, one of the first to allow telecommuting and had built up a pretty substantial business.

An employee of his back in the early 90's had a parent become ill with cancer. This guy came to the party with the funding for the parent to go to another country for treatment, paid for the family to go with her, paid their mortgage for several months while they got things sorted out - and the staff member was by no means one of his managers, she was a young girl working 4 days a week as a cleaner. Heart warming stuff!

By the time I worked for him he had been on (first) cocaine and later, meth for some years. His businesses had eroded to the point of there being just one small entity employing 10 people. Due to the nature of the business (nightclub & hotel) roughly 80% of revenue was by way of cash. It was not unusual for this guy to simply turn up, empty the safe and walk out - it was his money but this was the money to pay staff wages we are talking about.

Other times he would take the cash and demand that staff come to his home to collect their wages - of course finding him at home ready to hand over wages was another matter entirely. In short he cared only for himself - that people who worked hard for him couldnt pay their rent because of his actions was no concern of his. He later began to justify this type of behaviour with delusional rantings that staff were stealing from him etc etc. We all know the drill.

If that doesnt demonstrate a personality warp nothing ever will.

Sure, he was a chronic user BUT my GF and I only used for the first time last year. It is still a "once every couple of months" thing for us and always will be but my personality has changed. I do look at things in a different light, I see (particularly) girls absolutely off their faces and where I would previously have been disgusted I can now see it in a whole new light.
I would see people who were living on the street - junkies and be disgusted, now I realise just how easy it is for some to cross that line.

Some might consider that as meth stealing the soul - I dont. I think of it more like opening a new window and seeing things from more than one angle. Either way, personality change is irrefutable.

really dynamic and overall helpful insight for everyone.
Old 25-06-2013, 03:40
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from Australia
michael6120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killuminati89 View Post
to michael... I have that same thing. But i see it more as. Before i was way to nice and kind of annoyingly nice. and now I simply dont have any issue expressing myself exactly how i want to. which if not in excess i think is actually not a bad thing
Absolutely true. Definately not a bad thing most of the time. This state of mind gets excessive with alcohol ( It never did Pre-Meth days ) and I do miss those nights out where I am able to chill the hell out by not getting my opinions involved with people - which just happens too much now . .
Old 26-06-2013, 16:41
Silver Member

I have become a sort of hermit as I cant stand a lot of people where i live. people only seem to care about themselves and that frustrates me so i stick to myself a bit more these days. But my music production skills have gotten significantly better from it so no complaints.
Old 26-06-2013, 18:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
JabaWakai is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I used meth pretty regularly during the early 90s(west coast biker shit here) and while I was high for 4-5 spun runs it changed my personality..lol...but a permanent lasting change...no.. I quit for 8 years or more without much of a problem. i started using benzos and i did switch to opiates but I didn't do this to quit meth.

the psychological hold on me wasn't strong and the physical addiction i didn't notice.

I'm not endorsing Meth. Stay the fuck away if you haven't started..Isn't worth it in the long run. it becomes a lifestyle and not a very healthy one.

I've done shit on meth I would never had ever thought i would have done..Just saying..

JabaWakai added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

4-5 day runs i meant..and frequent ones. Playin hide and seek with the cops was a common past time

great warning to non users

Last edited by JabaWakai; 26-06-2013 at 18:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
crystal, crystal meth, drugs, drugs-forum, meth, methamphetamine