Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 08-04-2011, 06:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from United States
undeadroguelol should review received reputation comments.
Snorting Melatonin

dida search and this didnt pop up but swim is wondering if snorting melatonin will produce the desired effects of melatonin as in sleep aid, if so will it kick in faster? swim is not seeking any "high".
Old 08-04-2011, 19:18
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21
Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4%
Re: Snorting Melatonin

Perhaps, if one had access to pure melatonin, but those 3mg pills you buy at the grocery store weigh 300mg each. This means only 1% of the content of every pill you snort is an active compound, so you would have to snort a whole bunch in hopes of getting any effect. Even still, who knows how much of it would absorb, since the quantity of binders and fillers is huge a lot would get stuck in the nasal cavity. I don't advise this at all.

What would be the purpose of this, anyway? Once swallowed the pill dissolves and the melatonin is absorbed well from there.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good points; 99% of melatonin pills are filler, plus melatonin already has a high bioavailibility taken orally
Old 09-04-2011, 00:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
Anonabyss is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Melatonin is highly lipid and water soluble. This will allow for intranasal dosing to kick in more quickly than an oral dose. However, like with many other drugs, snorting decreases bioavailability and it may not be as effective. Oral bioavailability isn't great, however, so this may not make a huge difference. Additionally, melatonin has a very short half life (less than one hour), and the increased comeup speed is likely to account for decreased bioavailability by significantly reducing the amount of drug metabolized in the time between dosing and peak, much like drugs such as cocaine or mephedrone which require very high oral doses. Be prepared for it to wear off quickly. If you do decide to give this a shot, let us know how it goes.
Old 07-05-2011, 14:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from United States
undeadroguelol should review received reputation comments.

Sorry I forget to update but I've snorted melatonin roughely 7 times now and aside from mild pain and a mildly runny nose that i get, the effects were actually that which I hoped to achieve, quick help falling asleep and unlike when if I consume the pill orally no drowsy/tired feeling if I don't get enough sleep
Old 07-05-2011, 14:43
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

I would think that if you are not snorting to get "high" and just want the effect but in a fun way, see if you can come across "the original lazy brownie". Just please only eat a quarter when you start out. I mean, it will save you the pain and runny nose...........and, the lazy brownie tastes good.......not that I would know.
Old 09-05-2011, 13:29
Titanium Member

Female from Canada
Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Canmedaa is a little baffled here, which happens enough that this place continues to intrigue her. She originally came here to gain a better understanding of drug abuse and those that do so and she has, but sometimes she sees a post that just smacks her up side the head and leaves 'WTF" stamp on her face. Thats probably also why she works ER because she sees plenty of things there that leave a 'WTF" stamp on her face or cause her to take a time-out in the on-call closet because she can't stop laughing.

Now, not to be rude, but why the hell would one attempt to insufflate exogenous melatonin? Canmedaa read the thread but shes still a bit baffled. If the issue was trying to get to sleep faster after administration....how long did it take to fall asleep after oral administration that the OP felt it was just too goddamn long and needed to be much more immediate? Honestly, how long could it possibly be?

People will insufflate loads of different substances, but there are rally only a handful that are actually designed for insufflation, like nasal Midazolam for epileptic seizures. Which despite be unrelated to this thread, Canmedaa is very impressed with since shoving diazepam suppositories into the rectums of seizure patients is a complete pain in the ass. (See what Canmedaa did thar?).

Canmedaa is glad the OP updated and is rather impressed that he or she experienced the desired improvement in effect. If Canmedaa understood the OP correctly, morning drowsiness was something he or she experienced while administering Melatonin by mouth. This makes her suspicious that perhaps insufflation of the melatonin drastically cut down its period effectiveness and that the OP therefore has a problem with getting to sleep, not staying asleep, which there are better drugs for that don't need to be administered in such a fashion.

Insufflation of any compound, particularly powdered compounds is bound to create wear and tear on the tissue in the nose and sinuses over a prolonged period of time so even though the OP seems satisfied with the drug effects of insufflating Melatonin, how long does the OP expect to continue with that before damage begins? And when it does, what does the OP propose to do next?

Canmedaa is very curious about this for she can honestly say she's seen many, many people put many, many things up their noses, but an exogenous neurohormone was never one of them. And of all of them, Melatonin? Seriously?

Very cool.

Sweet Dreams,
-CAN
Old 19-05-2011, 21:37
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Veksul is on the way upVeksul is on the way upVeksul is on the way up
Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroChi View Post
Even still, who knows how much of it would absorb, since the quantity of binders and fillers is huge a lot would get stuck in the nasal cavity. I don't advise this at all.

What would be the purpose of this, anyway? Once swallowed the pill dissolves and the melatonin is absorbed well from there.
NeuroChi brought up what I was going to mention as soon as I read the thread title. That is that an increase in efficiency by insufflating melatonin may very well be a placebo effect - not to mention that, due to fillers getting stuck in the nasal cavity, there is a possibility that even less of the pill would be absorbed quickly.

Not saying for certain that this route of administration would be less effective, but the pill should already be extensively absorbed when taken orally. There may be merit to this concept, although I fail to see that the pros outweigh the cons of doing this. While I would advise nobody to snort melatonin, I would however be interested to hear of anyone elses experience with this.
Old 19-05-2011, 22:50
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
FreeBliss is a decent psychonaut.FreeBliss is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

you can hold it under your tounge it works faster.

Post Quality Evaluations:
fantastic suggestion, under the tounge is far safer then up the nose
Old 23-08-2011, 15:17

24 y/o Male from United States
rawr161 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

I've let the thought ponder in my mind about snorting it although I never tried nor does it sound appealing. But I'd take like 3-5 of the 1mg of the melatonin pills to help me on the nights I had trouble sleeping. When just strait swallowed it took about 1-2 hours for sleep to come, but I would sometimes chew them if I was in a particular hurry to get asleep and it seemed to always kick in within the first hour although on 2 or 3 occasions doing that I noticed that I had a rather bothersome stomach ache the next morning but the drowsiness wasn't present as when I just popped 'em whole.

I know that I didn't use SWIM but is it still required if I'm talking about tacking legal medicine as is intended or is it still an iffy?
Old 23-08-2011, 16:19
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Ireland
xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.
Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

If you have melatonin gellies, just cut the gelly and pour it into water then drink, it tends to come on faster.

Or cut the gelly and pour the contents under your tongue.

Afoaf actually does have pure melatonin poweder but won't use it because his scale is only 0.00, which is not good enough for dosing melatonin.

But he'd never bother snort it
Old 25-08-2011, 05:15

Male from United States
garbage155 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

It is possible to buy pure melatonin powder. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOSE WITHOUT THE AID OF A .001G SCALE!
SWIM puts 8mg under his tongue every night and sleeps like a baby.

garbage155 added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

This avoids all the yucky binders and fillers in the pill (your tongue can be just as sensitive to things as your nose can!)

Last edited by garbage155; 25-08-2011 at 05:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-08-2011, 15:31
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Melatonin helped. i was taking up to 20-30 5 MG tablets during my withdrawls and when i ran out of meds.
Old 25-08-2011, 15:52
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
msjaguarxj6 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
I would think that if you are not snorting to get "high" and just want the effect but in a fun way, see if you can come across "the original lazy brownie". Just please only eat a quarter when you start out. I mean, it will save you the pain and runny nose...........and, the lazy brownie tastes good.......not that I would know.

How long have these lazy brownies been around? I just started noticing them in convenience stores over the past couple months. What do they put in them to make them lazy? That is a good suggestion (if they work) to eat one before bed. I'd rather eat a brownie then snort melatonin. lol
Old 03-05-2012, 03:41

23 y/o Male from United States
bloodskall should review received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Sorry to gravedig but after reading around and finding no accounts of attempting this my cat said "fuck" it and railed some otc melatonin. He instantly began wreathing in pain in a fashion similar to a seizure and later mentioned his entire head felt as if it were on fire. He highly recommends not to do this unless pure powder is acquired. He wishes not to be judged.
Old 29-05-2012, 04:02

21 y/o Male from United States
Zom-dommond is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjaguarxj6 View Post
How long have these lazy brownies been around? I just started noticing them in convenience stores over the past couple months. What do they put in them to make them lazy? That is a good suggestion (if they work) to eat one before bed. I'd rather eat a brownie then snort melatonin. lol
The lazy brownies work very well! The active ingredient in the brownies is melatonin. I've had a history of insomnia and have found that 1 half of one lazy brownie is more than enough to make one fall asleep! I do not recommend taking anymore than one though... The effects produced is more of a tired to the point of intoxication and is unnecessary if you simply wish to fall asleep.
Old 30-05-2012, 20:44
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Finland
Nice Cup Of Tea is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

SWIM has a prescription for melatonin and Halcion. He has noted the "potentiate" effect with this combination, 'cause Halcion itself don't put him to sleep. However, melatonin dosages 6-12mg will "knock him out" without taking any Halcion and usually SWIM uses only melatonin to save his precious Hal. Kind of weird, isn't it? I think that there are many who says that melatonin is stronger sedative than Halcion.

Share this on:

Tags
bioavailability, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, health, health risks, insufflate, insufflating, melatonin, mephedrone, meth, shoot up, sleeping pill, sleeping pills, snorting, snorting drugs