Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 06-04-2011, 00:04

22 y/o Male from United States
forbiddenlife5 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What are the effects of ativan 2mg

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and can't decide whether i want to get lorazepam (ativan) 2mg, because i haven't been able to find enough information on how it makes you feel. I used to take 1mg ativan, and despite of what some say, it hit me alot harder than 10mg valium, but i was, and also i have taken xanax BARS the 2mg ones, and i really like them, but they create major memory loss as a long term effect. So back to my question, how does a 2mg ativan make you feel considering it is a high dose.
Old 06-04-2011, 00:50

Male from United States
garbage155 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Re: What are the effects of ativan 2mg

2mg wouldn't cause memory loss for me, but hey everyone's different. Addiction-wise, I would advise to hold of on upping the dose of any GABAergic if possible, but if 1mg just isn't enough for you anymore, maybe it's time.

Why don't you try 2mg for a couple days, and if you don't like the effects, go back to 1mg.

garbage155 added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

also forgot to add that i don't really find that ativan makes me "feel good" as well as other benzos (such as xanax). I just don't find it that recreational

Last edited by garbage155; 06-04-2011 at 00:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2011, 00:53
Silver Member

Male from Canada
sybau is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1

The fact that 1mg Lorazepam hit you harder than 10mg of diazepam is a little surprising as they are pretty much equal in strength at that dosage, it is probably due to the fact that diazepam is absorbed more quickly than lorazepam, as lorazepam isn't as fat sol.

I'd say taking 2mg of lorazepam will be the equivalent of taking 20mg diazepam, but with a slower onset. You may want to be careful with dosage as you won't start to get the full buildup of lorazepam in your system for about three days.

There are other faster acting drugs that you could use, or maybe ask your doctor about beta-blockers if your anxiety is performance related, because if you don't have constant anxiety I doubt ativan will make you feel much different.

By you, I refer to everyone in a general sense - not any particular person or group of people.

Last edited by sybau; 06-04-2011 at 00:54. Reason: clarity
Old 06-04-2011, 02:35
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Are you sure about that? It's always been stated in my travels that lorazepam (Ativan) is faster-acting than the longer half-life properties of diazepam (Valium).

They'd give you a diazepam taper in a detox to get you off of lorazepam, because the diazepam lasts longer...

I'm a bit lost here, because what the PP says goes against everything I've heard regarding the drugs in question. Hmm.

To the OP: drugs affect people differently. Higher doses of any benzo are likely to induce memory loss (blackouts). Lorazepam at 2mg is going to feel like a slightly stronger version of what you felt taking lorazepam at 1mg. Why not just get the 2mg Ativans & break them in half if they're causing blackouts? Or, even better, just take them as the doctor prescribes?

~Kailey
Old 06-04-2011, 04:28

22 y/o Male from United States
forbiddenlife5 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

i used to take both, i had prescriptions for them, 1mg ativan hits you harder than 10mg valium and but it lasts shorter, as for the 10mg valium it doesn't hit you as hard, but it lasts longer, plus valium has the muscle relaxant property in it that ativan doesn't have, so in a way they give you a slight different kind of high, but all benzos relax me
Old 06-04-2011, 04:54
Smeg Smeg is nu online
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,221, Level: 12 Points: 7,221, Level: 12 Points: 7,221, Level: 12
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Further to other contributions, lorazepam (Ativan) IMHO is far more addictive thanks to it's short half life, and has possibly more potential for rebound anxiety than say a longer acting benzodiazepine.

If one were to chose one for a less addictive profile, then a longer acting one like diazepam or clonazepam would be much more preferable to taper from than lorazepam, if a choice is made to more comfortably withdraw eventually.

Last edited by Smeg; 06-04-2011 at 05:08. Reason: additional

Share this on:

Tags
ativan, blackouts, diazepam, drugs-forum, fast acting, lorazepam, lorazepam effects, taper, valium