Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 04-04-2011, 23:13
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
hillbilly345 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How do you tell someone on opiates?

Does someone on Opiates ever slur their speach? What other signs besides the pupils, nodding?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:18
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: How do you tell someone on opiates?

People on opiates might have a deeper voice than normal, scratch their body, throw up [power chuck], doze off a lot. If in withdrawal they will be sniffing a lot, have watery eyes, yawn a lot, be unable to sit still and sleep.

If they're injecting, then they may wear long sleeves when the weather is warm. If they're smoking, they may have black marks on their hands (or wherever they have rubbed their hands) from burning foil. If they're snorting, then they might have some powder on their nose and sniff a lot.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:47
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Opiates are very user dependent as far as signs..

for instance my dwarf says it (hydrocodone) gives him energy rather than a nodding, therefore nodding is not exactly a rule for opiate use.

Pupils are the best indicator and the hardest to hide for opioid users, the pin point pupils are a dead giveaway. Though things like DXM and Anticholinergics can counter this effect somewhat.

Other signs:
- More sociable, ease with others, talkative, more emotionally connected with others (this specifically applies to those whose regular personality is introverted)
- droopy eyelids, usually under high doses
- spaced out, again in higher doses or in opioid newbies

Its going to be pretty hard to tell who is on opioids and who is not because as my dwarf says they affect people differently.

The withdrawal symptoms aren't a good indicator either unless the person in question is a heavy user, perhaps the most unique withdrawal symptom is excessive yawning, but other symptoms could pass as a cold and/or allergies.
Old 08-04-2011, 18:33
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,112, Level: 21 Points: 21,112, Level: 21 Points: 21,112, Level: 21
Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1%

Tye only thing I would add to the rather exhaustive list ex-junkie posted, is constricted pupils. This is a very tell tale sign.
Old 08-04-2011, 18:52
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
TooFastTim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I don't want to captain obvious here but put the presence of pills powders or other gadgets used for consuming drugs sporadic behaviour through the day highs and lows
Old 08-04-2011, 23:12
Palladium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.
Points: 1,889, Level: 6 Points: 1,889, Level: 6 Points: 1,889, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Others have mentioned some of the very obvious symptoms.

However, as Diabolic said, it can be very user dependant. My doppleganger tends to get somewhat of an uppity rush from most opiates/oids. He will eventually get a nod at high doses and after a long day of use, but for the most part, he gets more talkative, happy, motivated etc.

He was using poppy pods daily for about 9 months and going to work everyday on time, and performing "above average" as stated by his employers. He was also living with his parents at this time. Neither his employers, fellow employees, or his parents had any clue he was using opiates daily. They only found out when he quit and was starting detox because he knew he would be to sick to do anything so he had to tell them. He did get noticeably sick at that point so they would have found out anyway.

So my point being, as it may be fairly obvious with some people, others could be a using and you may not know. Just because someone doesn't show any obvious signs of use, doesn't mean they are not using.
Old 10-04-2011, 17:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

40 y/o Male from United States
sickofpills is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

everything everyone said above is true,and on point.i was a functioning addict you wouldnt know unless i told you or you were a user yourself.but i found i stopped being around the people that i could never be around like that.i started to just keep to myself.
but the pupil test is a great indicator if its dark out or inside and their pupils are pinpoint its a definite they are using.keep in mind some users know to just do enough to keep from being sick in some situation so its not noticed.i say that cause that was me.i hope this helps you out.

sickofpills added 11 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

sorry to repost about this but wieght loss is another sign,i cant speak for all but i didnt eat right and went from 190 solid to around 160lbs,not healthy but that can be a indicator as well.

Last edited by sickofpills; 10-04-2011 at 17:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2011, 07:18
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofpills View Post
wieght loss is another sign,i cant speak for all but i didnt eat right and went from 190 solid to around 160lbs,not healthy but that can be a indicator as well.
While this is true for some, weight gain can also be a side-effect. People who take opiates can develop a 'sweet tooth' and consume chocolate and sweet foods out of desire and convenience. Another issue is low income. There isn't enough money available to purchase trim meats and healthy foods - which are renowned for being more expensive than unhealthy foods (e.g., it's going to be cheaper to buy a meat pie than buy ingredients for a meat + salad sandwich).

On a sociology flex.

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, coke, drugs-forum, dxm, opiate, opiate addiction, opiates, signs of abuse, signs of opiate abuse