Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:04

Male from United States
Swallow is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
First time snorting ritalin, good starting dose?

Hello, SWIM's marsupial is interested in snorting his prescribed ritalin 10mg. He has been taking it for about a month now, 3x 10mg a day. He isn't sure if he actually has ADD, but he certainly loves ritalin! problem is the effects only last 1-2 hours. He would like to get more "bang for his buck", as this is his last refill and he won't be seeing that dr. anymore (hes moving)

He has already taken his doses for today, but wants a good evening he is a little anxious about snorting something new, but he is also prescribed plenty of xanax and ativan if he gets anxious from it, so hes pretty sure hes gonna try it.

He was thinking of starting with 5 mg, since he feels pretty good on just 10 mg orally. Should just start with 10? or less than 5? he isn't really sure because hes never tried it.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:58
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: First time snorting ritalin, good starting dose?

Ritalin Doseages (Snorted)

Personally, I think you need about half an oral dose, so yeah, I think 5 mg would be a good starting doses. But when you say it only lasts for an hour or two orally and you want "more bang for your buck", you're not really going to get what you want because snorted methyphenidate is shorter lasting that oral. It's a bit more intense doseage wise but it doesn't last as long as oral dosing.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpfull information
Old 03-04-2011, 19:15

Male from United States

Yeah, he tried 5 mg last night, felt pretty good, so railed another 5mg shortly after. He wasn't too satisfied, short buzz and wasn't as strong as he hoped. He will try it in the morning soon, hopefully will be stronger.

Does extended release ritalin have as good of a buzz? (orally) He is thinking of trying to switch to that for a longer buzz. He understands it probably wont hit as quick or as hard, but thinks it may be worth it for longer lasting effects.
Old 08-04-2011, 21:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
ratatata is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1

if a cat tried snorting 5 mg and was ok, then my cat would say snort 20 mg. thats the least amount that he'll snort at a time.

extended release orally is pretty weak unless your cat breaks break the time release and then its the same as IR orally. and thats not that fun unless your cat eats a lot of it

if your cat has IR ritalin pills, crush 'em up, snort 10 mg, wait 10 minutes, if he feels like he wants more, do 5 mg more, if he feels like he wants more, 5 mg ore.

my cat starts with 20mg (equiv to ritalin in the form of focalin, and this was also true when he was on ritalin), and if he's really looking to binge on it/have a 'good time' he'll snort around 60, 70 mg. this is with low tolerance. my cat would suggest your cat work his way up to 20 mg within 15 minutes, if your cat feels okay, go as high as like 30 mg. my cat thinks your cat would be fine even at 40 mg but he should see how he likes higher doses first and the crash that comes with it before he commits to going higher. 30 mg isn't that bad of a crash, and its definitely stimulating without being too much
Old 08-04-2011, 22:48
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Veksul is on the way upVeksul is on the way upVeksul is on the way up
Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratatata View Post
extended release orally is pretty weak unless your cat breaks break the time release and then its the same as IR orally. and thats not that fun unless your cat eats a lot of it

my cat starts with 20mg (equiv to ritalin in the form of focalin, and this was also true when he was on ritalin), and if he's really looking to binge on it/have a 'good time' he'll snort around 60, 70 mg [. . .] my cat thinks your cat would be fine even at 40 mg but he should see how he likes higher doses first and the crash that comes with it before he commits to going higher.
There are many forms of extended release methylphenidate. Some are sustained release continuously over the course of 8-12 hours (like concerta), and some are simply half IR and half ER beads that metabolize about 4-5 hours after ingestion, creating two distinguishable peaks. It should be assumed that extended release beads would be crushed before insufflating. Snorting beads is not too bright or efficient.

Also, for clarification, is this cat talking about doses in respect to dexmethylphenidate? When the cat states that even 40 mg doses insufflated would be 'fine', is this cat referring to 20 mg dexmethylphenidate? Therapuetically speaking, there is about a 2 to 1 potency factor of dex-MPH to racemic-MPH, so it would make sense they would have similar effects. HOWEVER, the levo-isomer in ritalin adds a lot of additional cardiovascular stimulation and agitation than just the dextro-isomer alone, which should be factored in to dosage.

My point is this: insufflating 20 mg dexmethylphenidate is not the same as insufflating 40 mg racemic methylphenidate. The racemic methylphenidate would produce much more stimulation and add more unwanted side effects than dexmethylphenidate alone.
Old 11-04-2011, 19:25
Silver Member

Male from United States

good point, my cat forgot to factor that in. regardless, before he used focalin, and he used racemic instant release ritalin, he got anecdotally equal effects, although with some, as pointed out, extra jitteriness.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good experience report about effects of insufflating MPH and D-MPH
Old 16-04-2011, 19:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
Cephalopod should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

A little birdie told me a good way to start out with snorting ritalin as a beginner is to crush up twice what you'd take orally, do a quarter of it, see how you feel and go from there.

93/93
Old 16-04-2011, 22:15
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Veksul is on the way upVeksul is on the way upVeksul is on the way up
Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3 Points: 408, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalopod View Post
A little birdie told me a good way to start out with snorting ritalin as a beginner is to crush up twice what you'd take orally, do a quarter of it, see how you feel and go from there.
This sounds a little funny to me; sort of like a math question that would be on an IQ test:
Starting Insufflation Dose =Oral Dose (times) 2 (divided by) 4

Which would be the same as saying 1/2 the oral dose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratatata
regardless, before he used focalin, and he used racemic instant release ritalin, he got anecdotally equal effects, although with some, as pointed out, extra jitteriness.
Alright, this explanation from this cats experience confirms my understanding of the isomers of methylphenidate. That is, the recreational effects of methylphenidate compared to dexmethylphenidate should beroughly equivalent when the methylphenidate is taken at a 2:1 ratio of dexmethylphenidate. Although, as I pointed out, extra stimulation unrelated to euphoric effects should be more prevalent when using racemic methylphenidate.
Old 20-04-2011, 08:37
Silver Member

Male from United States

yes, which my cat finds to be the bane of normal ritalin

my cat guided two kittens who had done almost no drugs in their lives earlier today to snort ritalin and focalin, and for one with some experience with stimulants, and a very slight tolerance, she had a positive but strong experience with 30 mg focalin xr crushed up and up the nose, and also eating 10 mg with the time release broken as well. the other kitten had never had a stimulant in her life, and is generally sensitive to dthe few drugs she has done. 5 mg of focalin intranasally, which is about 10 mg comparatively to racemic ritalin, as her first dose at all of any stimulant was interesting but not enough, and she ended up snorting 15 mg over 45 minutes.

she had a good time and it wasn't too intense or too uninteresting

so while my cat has idea on how to dose people with mph because he does have a lot of experience with it (more than he'd like) on the internet and other forums he actually had to do it today and those were his results.
Old 12-01-2014, 14:12

Male from United States
Mr. O should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I only heard stimulants suck when my dog does too much and gets wired. He does 5mg at a time (low tolerance) and not let the snorting ritual pull you in before you've relaxed a bit. When he went from pot all day everyday he didn't know what he was doing and was wired (miserable) on powder and rock for 4 years.
Old 12-01-2014, 21:03

Male from Earth
RunawayMarionette is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

I recently introduced a friend to Methylphenidate and provided an intranasal dose of 15mg. I find this dose to be comparable to the average effect from a line of cocaine. 10 - 20 depending on your stimulant experience.
Old 13-01-2014, 16:44
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Whiteboy123 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%

The Monkey Man uses 20mg at a time. I'd suggest 10mg and see how you feel. Dont jump to a big dose until you feel out your own dose and comfortability.
Old 21-01-2014, 00:53

Male from United States

So uh.. said marsupial posted this 3 years ago haha, he actually has 4 months off all drugs, and did not expect to see at update to this in his email lol. but uhh thanks for responding?

Share this on:

Tags
methylphenidate dose, ritalin insufflation, snorting drugs, snorting methylphenidate, snorting ritalin