Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 09:48
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from United States
Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Missed Hit-Numbness, Blisters, and Hives!

A couple of weeks ago, SWIH was IVing some high-purity tar heroin (about 80-90% pure), when she slipped out of her vein, and had a very small missed hit (she'd already got most of the dope in, except for maybe the last 15 units or so). She's mildly allergic to morphine, so usually a missed hit stings/itches and burns badly for a minute or two, and then just turns really red, but goes back to normal within an hour or two. This time, SWIH instantly developed this weird rash that not only enveloped the entire surrounding area of injection, but about 1/3 of her arm, which also went completely numb very quickly. Usually, SWIH's missed hits are red and slightly lumpy, but this one resulted in several large hives and blisters, and resembled a second-degree burn. Overall, it took about a day for the feeling to return and the blisters/hives to go away. SWIH thought this might have been an allergic reaction caused by a cutting agent (possibly lidocaine b/c of numbness?), but was wondering if anyone's pet has ever had a similar experience, and if they know what caused it? Thanks in advance !
Old 01-04-2011, 16:00
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Missed Hit-Numbness, Blisters, and Hives!

This has happened to me before. It's just an allergic reaction. It didn't always happen when I missed a hit but it did sometimes. It freaked me out the first time it happened, too. It goes awy on its own after a while but you can get it to go away a lot quicker if you take a couple benadryl or other antihistamine.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great harm reduction advice, thanks for including personal experience!
Old 02-04-2011, 13:24
Silver Member

Male from South Africa
Shepps80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

yes it happened to me a lot. a couple of time when i shot up i missed totally and i would just draw it back into the needle again and shoot again but once you missed if you draw it up again its never the same amount its always less just remember that could cause a bad infection so if it looks bad and feels bad for a long time consult a Dr.
Old 02-04-2011, 15:19
Banned

Male from United States
SlightlyBitter is on the way upSlightlyBitter is on the way upSlightlyBitter is on the way up

Last edited by SlightlyBitter; 15-08-2012 at 23:37.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:15
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Madhat probably knows what they are talking about.Madhat probably knows what they are talking about.Madhat probably knows what they are talking about.Madhat probably knows what they are talking about.Madhat probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 621, Level: 3 Points: 621, Level: 3 Points: 621, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I think this has definitely happened to every IV heroin user once or twice.

My junkie friend Ivan had a lot of experience with IVing heroin. Missing a hit, even a little, was just a fact of life. He discovered that taking a fast acting 24 hour non-drowsy histamine a few minutes before the shot (such as dissolve-in-your-mouth Alavert) greatly reduced the severity of a missed hit hive attack. Often, even if a hit was missed, the area around the injection would just get a little red and painful, disappearing within ten to twenty minutes. Even when it was a bad enough miss to form hives, they were greatly reduced in number and disappeared much quicker.

A word of warning to anyone trying this idea: my friend knew that they worked best when taken within an hour before the shot, and he often took up to four or five in a day, every day. He later learned that it is dangerous to take too many antihistamines and overdose can cause serious medical problems. Though he noticed no ill-effects from taking that much, it is probably not safe for anyone to use any medication above the recommended dose, especially when combined with illegal drugs.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, heroin miss, heroin shot, histamine, histamine reaction, hives from iv heroin use, injecting, injecting heroin, iv heroin, missed heroin hits, missed shot, missing a vein, rash at injection site, shooting heroin

» New Threads
Kratom withdrawal questions. Need...
Last post by Butter Bigsby
5 Replies, 273 Views
Taking Small dose of pure mdma...
Last post by Potter
1 Replies, 2 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by Butter Bigsby
100 Replies, 12,459 Views
Please help - Need support -...
Last post by LuLu81