Old 25-03-2011, 01:29
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
nicedrug is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
will donating plasma donate oxy?

ghost donates plasma around the time she takes her 2nd daily dose of oxy

if she doesn't take it it's a misserable (albiet necessary) experience, but shell suffer through it if theyr'e taking some of her drug with her plasma

1)could she lost any real amount,

2) there's no way they return it w/ you red blood cells right, she could swear she feels like it kicks in in phases with the return

I know my knowledge of how drugs get / stay in blood isn't what it should be and I should know this but I don't
I know a whole damn chemistry lesson is what is needed but I'm not asking you all for that just an estimation of if she could lose some, and if she does take it before should she take it right before, or let it kick in

if you want to explain why go ahead ill love it but I know thats asking alot and she just needs to know if and when

nicedrug added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

*if she doesn't take it BEFORE donating* not taking it is not an option

Last edited by nicedrug; 25-03-2011 at 01:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-03-2011, 01:49
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,301, Level: 20 Points: 19,301, Level: 20 Points: 19,301, Level: 20
Activity: 59.2% Activity: 59.2% Activity: 59.2%
Re: will donating plasma donate oxy?

Probably tests positive and gets thrown out.
Old 25-03-2011, 01:57
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,273, Level: 21 Points: 21,273, Level: 21 Points: 21,273, Level: 21
Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4%

Oxycodone will definitely be present in blood plasma, since as with most drugs it binds to plasma proteins when in circulation. The level of plasma protein binding for oxycodone is reported to be a relatively high ~45% in this paper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leow KP et al. (1993), Determination of the serum protein binding of oxycodone and morphine using ultrafiltration, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring

Protein binding of oxycodone and morphine in human serum was determined in vitro using ultrafiltration. Binding studies were also performed using both purified human serum albumin and human alpha 1-acid glycoprotein (AAG). Albumin was found to be the major binding protein for both oxycodone and morphine. The serum protein binding of both oxycodone and morphine was independent of drug concentration in the therapeutic range (5-100 ng/ml), but was dependent on protein concentration. In addition, bound fractions of oxycodone and morphine increased with increasing concentrations of both albumin and AAG. At physiological pH and temperature, the mean (+/- SD) serum protein binding of oxycodone was 45.1% (+/- 0.4%) and that of morphine was 35.3% (+/- 0.2%) A decrease in temperature from 37 to 23 degrees C significantly increased the serum protein binding of oxycodone and morphine by 8-9% (p < 0.0001) and 7-10% (p < 0.0001), respectively, indicating the importance of maintaining the temperature at 37 degrees C during protein binding experiments. A reduction in pH from 7.75-8.85 to 7.4 significantly reduced serum protein binding of both oxycodone and morphine by 4-5% (p < 0.0001) and 4-7% (p < 0.0001), respectively. Serum samples, to which known concentrations of oxycodone had been added and which were stored at -20 degrees C, showing a gradual but significant decline (p < 0.0001) in serum protein binding of oxycodone from approximately 45 to 39% during the 4-week storage period.
So some of the oxycodone will leave with the plasma. A small amount of it may find its way back with the returned blood cells, but I'd think the effective dose would be too small for a really noticeable effect. The volume of plasma extracted as a proportion of ghost's total plasma I'd assume to be very small, so the amount of oxycodone being lost should be minimal.

As Potter says, whether it would be considered usable with oxycodone present is another matter.

Post Quality Evaluations:
answered my Q
Answered the original question with studies to back it up. Phenoxide is a gem in the D-F community!
Old 25-03-2011, 03:21
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
nicedrug is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

thanx much, its hard to do but I think ghost will air on the side of caution, it makes that visit seem SOOO much longer, but when it's over its better that she wiated anyway

so its definatly leaving with the plasma, I guess its just cause they only take a small % of it that it doesn't completly kill it, but givin em any is givin em to much

I had a feelin ghost was trippin thinkin she got high on return anyway, but maybe it's just cause they stop taking part of plasma flow so all of it starts going round again while returning, that she feels the drug kick in more during returns.

as far as drug tests go, she's had to give em blood to test every month or so, if they are testing for drugs, they must like ghost a-lot, cause the only reason she had to stop goin for a while once was protein, her buddy found out from them he's got hep C , so i think that stuff's what they're really concerned about.
there is a huge % of those that go that are on drugs all the time, I honestly feel from who I've met and seen that at least half the money checks they give out go to drugs or drug debts

thanx alot for the info, I didn't know if this topic belonged here but couldn't find nywhere that looked right, and it is about oxys so...

nicedrug added 8 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

^also, ghosts buddy went in there with crazy track marks + all kinds of drugs in im (before he had to stop), as long as they're not open or infected I think your cool

Last edited by nicedrug; 25-03-2011 at 03:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
donating, donating blood, drug, drugs, opiate, opiates, oxycodone, oxycontin, percocet