Notices

Old 23-03-2011, 00:59
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Proserpine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Melting Buprenorphine Patches?

I have a script for Butrans patches, and two of them got magically bestowed to the addicted...aka: stolen. I still have the two from this week and last week but they're used. I know that they're heat-activated, I was wondering if anyone has any advice about how to melt them down to get the most out of them? I think it's possible but I don't know how to go about it without ruining them. ANY advice in this area would be Incredibly helpful and appreciated.
Old 01-05-2011, 19:10
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Re: Melting Buprenorphine Patches?

would smoking them perhaps be a viable method? ie placing the patch on foil and heating gently from below, then inhaling the fumes with a tooter - similar to running lines of heroin? I dunno - they may be too heat sensitive or fragile for that and your pain med would literally go up in smoke!
Is there any reason why SWIY does not want to take them as directed?
Old 01-05-2011, 21:22
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Kitty: he's trying to reuse old patches.

What about sticking on both of them at the same time with some tape? Heat activated more likely means that it will dump more medication into a person at once if it's heated. This means wearing it as normal, but aiming a hair dryer at it, or putting a heating pad over them after applying them. This works for Fentanyl patches (& is extremely dangerous!); I dunno if it works for bupe patches.

One could also attempt what catseye suggested, cutting little squares off of the patch & smoking/vapourising them; warning, it will probably taste like shit, but one does what they gotta do, right?

~Kailey
Old 01-05-2011, 22:37
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

^^ ahh, somehow missed the jist of that Kailey thanks!

yes, applying heat does work on bupe patches, so Kailey's idea is possibly an option - maybe a gentle heat like a (warm) hot water bottle as a hair dryer can get really hot.
It will dump more meds into your system just like heating a fent patch would, so please be very careful if you must try it!
Old 25-10-2011, 20:58
Palladium Member

64 y/o Male from United States
scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.
Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

First "melting down" or smoking the RAW patch should be avoided. The schematics of the patch indicated that the drug is infused into a plastic matrix. Smoking or inhaling plastic by products could have a very nasty effect inside the mouth, throat or lungs. A friend told me that cutting a match head sized chunk from the matrix (not the surrounding adhesive) and smoking same will provide a nice effect, instant onset and long lasting. This friend also reported a nasty "next morning" effect in mouth and throat. He did not continue this activity. Of course, the friend would have to be somewhat naive to the use of opiates and contingent tolerance. Bupe would not provide much of a "high" for the experienced poppy fan.

So, how would one release the drug from the matrix? According to the label, heat and pressure are warnings in the packaging for guarding against the over-release of the drug. A thinking friend might cut a chunk of the matrix free, put said chunk in neutral liquid (Whiskey comes to mind. Tasty and a good solvent)..not much, though, just enough to cover patch-chunk...put in small tumbler and heat to about 180F for 15 minutes. A micro-wave with window might work. The friend would carefully monitor as the alcohol cooks off. The remainder should be syrupy, sipped and allowed to absorb through the mucus membranes of the mouth...try not to swallow, as Bupe isn't particularly bio-active in stomach and intestines. The rest of the chunk could then be chewed (pressure) to release more of the drug, more quickly. Just a though and advice from thinking friends who report the psychoactive result to be clean, warm, dreamy, but not dopey high.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:38

Female from United States
Kallia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

My sock puppet was wondering how one would store the cut up portions of the matrix. It is against waste and would hate for any leftover buprenorphine go to waste in the garbage or down the toilet.

Also, my sock puppet is a bit skittish about alcohol and the microwave. Would a nice long soak in the tasty whiskey give similar results?
Old 11-11-2011, 18:38
Palladium Member

scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.

Sorry about slow reply. Yes, there would be a natural concern for ethanol and heat (together) being dangerous. It is true that JD (or other versions of 40% ethanol engineered for human consumption) might quickly ignite when exposed to flame. However, when used for cooking, adding only heat (not flame) as the catalyst to extracting Bupe too much and too soon from the patch, the thermo-chemical properties of this technique are proven safe . BTW: 70% ethanol self-ignites at 685F. This temp is way beyond the capabilities of most convection ovens, let alone a microwave and my whiskey of choice is little more than half the alcohol content. Also, this experiment has been run only with microwave set on "Warm Only", left at that setting for 15 minutes. Scientists report that while the ethanol cooks down to a syrup, you don't want it to cook down completely. According to studies: Two tablespoons would be a good result. Bupe is not particularly Bio-Active when processed by the GI system from mouth to intestine. As you might know, before the Patch was approved for use in the US last year for chronic pain control, Bupe was used as a sub-lingual pill and strip for narcotic maintenance. So, the resulting elixir should be ingested through taking small sips and by swirling the substance (reviewed by trials to be quite tasty) around in one's mouth for maximum absorption. However, looking to the future, this home-brew should be even more effectively absorbed in the tissues of the lower bowl. How it gets there will require further testing. So, if you believe the research, try this method of conversion. Bupe has been reported to provide a unique psychoactive experience. A nice narcotic warm, relaxation. Mood elevation for conversation and humor. One of a kind auditory hallucinations. (Very interesting. Nods often pleasantly interrupted with voices gently calling you or saying a single word. Definitely not frightening. Often very comforting.)

Last edited by scartissue_68; 11-11-2011 at 18:40. Reason: More on first question
Old 03-12-2011, 22:41
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5

swim just tried to get meds from a freiend, and was told about patch
this one is 5 mcg an hour for 7 daze. but it contains 5 mg in the patch.
so only about 1mg is actually going into the body transdermally, over a week(pain relief, shes off methadones, swim didnt get one from her...)
whats up w the rest...saw this thread when searching for info on butrans
thanks
Old 14-05-2012, 04:47

Male from United States
potsnpans is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Just started on the 10 mcg patches. Usually take the perc 10/325 2, 4 or 5 times a day. Have noticed meds lasting longer, Nice effect. After 5 days before I took off first patch, Applied another patch and seems to be working fine. When I first got them I was going to put on 2 right away. Got a little spooked and took one off. There is a really elaborate disposal method with the Bup patches. I didnt want to waste the patch I took off so I was going to stick it on one of the disposal packs. But wasnt sure if pack would somehow "neutralize" the patch. So I stuck it on tin foil. When I went to remove from foil, The patch came off but I think all the med stayed on the foil in a thick clear film. Not sure what to do with it. It looks perfect for smoking but it kinda looks and feels like sticky plastic. Dont want to smoke plastic. I dont think its worth experimenting with these patches at this point until further educated.
Old 14-05-2012, 17:17
Palladium Member

I have heard reports of people smoking small chucks of these patches. As, you have succeeded in extracting the bupe-release layer from it's backing, you would be smoking mostly adhesive along with the bupe-matirix. This would seem superior to smoking the adhesive, matrix AND the cloth-like backing of the patch. But, that's only common sense, not science.

See my other posts above for more details about those who may have extracted Bupe from the patch.

Those who have smoked "match-head"-sized chunks of the patch have reported instant reactions of a strong, rewarding, long-lasting high. A bit opiate "mellow", a bit oxy-like "up" in character. No nods. Everything is good until the next day.

Horrible, day-long hang-over and chemical taste in your mouth and throat. Those who have smoked chunks of the patch say, "It's not worth it".

Long term lung damage from smoking the plastic-based matirx is a distinct possibility.

Important fact about this unique opiate medication: More is less.

Be safe.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, buprenex, buprenorphine, drug, ethanol, opioid, opioid addiction, opioid dependency, pain management, suboxone, subutex, temgesic, whiskey