Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 21-03-2011, 11:01

32 y/o Male from United Kingdom
roachieuk82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
First time kratom user

Hi my Uncle morpheous has been reading this forum over the weekend about the wonderful kratom and was wondering what sort of doesage he shuld take.As he only orderd a small amount yesterday.He orderd.
10g Borneo Red Vein Kratom Powder

and was hopeing this would last him a couple of times so heres some information on him
he weighs 21stone(294ib,s) and has a low tolerence of most other substances in the past so is quiet a light weight when it comes to
getting high.The method he would be using after reading is the
toss and wash method and the sort of high he would like is the
same warmth feeling of that Codeine gives him.

so was thinking proberly he shuld take 3g-5g,s?

Many thanks in advance and thanks to all for your wonderful guides

P.L.U.R
Old 22-03-2011, 01:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3
Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2%
Re: First time kratom user

Well it all depends on the type of kratom and the potency. Something as strong as UEI (which is not recommended for starters of kratom because it will boost your tolerance after a few days use). SWIM thinks you should pick up some indo or Bali kratom from a reputable dealer and then use something like 8gr. Someone else could help with that betterr than SWIM though. SWIM is a first timer too and has only used extracts like UEI, but not on a regular basis to avoid tolerance and a possible addiction which is something that SWIY needs to be aware of with Kratom.

As for a codine feeling, i have mixed quite a few of my extracts of choice together (maybe less than a gram total) and was swept away into a world of opiate bliss But never havig done real opiates, SWIM doesn't know exactly what he can compare it to. All he can say is that it was very very nice.
Old 22-03-2011, 01:58
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM prefers to take as little as 2-4 gms, as this provides pleasant stimulation. Whilst kratom affects opioid receptors, it is unlike opiates in some ways, especially the stronger ones.

SWIM doesn't like codeine much and thinks kratom is much more fun. The dose is very dependent on the batch of kratom. SWIFenixDelta suggests 8gms-- that is a fairly standard dose, but perhpas staring with less is better.

Kratom is a 'less is more' drug IMHO.
Old 22-03-2011, 04:28

Female from Canada
yuppers is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

ok ferret is all excited, just got his first Bali powder today, just came back from work, and was wondering, how much should he take, so he can feel the effects of course, and able to sleep well enough to go to work in the afternoon.

Old 22-03-2011, 04:44
Palladium Member

56 y/o Male from United States
Balzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline Medline
Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

@yuppers: Be careful. For many ferrets, kratom can make getting to sleep pretty difficult until they have been doing it for a while. Your ferret might not want to take kratom within 5 hours of bedtime.
Old 22-03-2011, 05:17

Female from Canada

oh thanks for the advice Balzafire, thought Kratom was somewhat a sedative, and a relaxed feeling ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzafire View Post
@yuppers: Be careful. For many ferrets, kratom can make getting to sleep pretty difficult until they have been doing it for a while. Your ferret might not want to take kratom within 5 hours of bedtime.
Old 22-03-2011, 06:11

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

SWIBazifire is correct. Kratom actually relaxes and stimulates. It can make for very fitful light sleep. It varies from individual to individual. SWIM needs at least 5 hours before sleeping (unless he is very tired), preferably 6 or 7.
Old 22-03-2011, 08:41
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppers View Post
oh thanks for the advice Balzafire, thought Kratom was somewhat a sedative, and a relaxed feeling ?
When SWIM's dog Rex takes Kratom he finds the early stages of the high to be more "energetic" and "uplifting," with the plateau and tail end being relaxing and sedating.

Certain strains of Kratom are considered more "energetic" than others, and may leave the user with some excess energy, which can make falling asleep difficult if taken too close to bed time.

At larger doses SWIM's dog Rex finds most Kratom to be sedating. With Bali, Rex needs about 8-10g for a nice relaxed sedated feeling. Rex has a high tolerance for opiates and has been using Kratom on and off for about one year.

Rex does not use "toss and wash," he had better success with "shake and chug," rex would pour a some high pulp orange juice into a empty 20oz plastic water bottle, enough juice to cover the bottom 20% of the bottle, he would then pour the powdered Kratom into the bottle and top it off with orange juice (bout half way full.) He would then replace the cap, shake the bottle vigorously and drink the contents.

Rex currently encapsulates all his Kratom powders in 00 or 000 gauge gelatin capsules. While the on-set of the high is delayed, he finds that using this method is easy and bypasses all the taste and texture issues of the "toss and wash" and "shake and chug."
Old 22-03-2011, 13:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirewithin View Post
SWIBazifire is correct. Kratom actually relaxes and stimulates. It can make for very fitful light sleep. It varies from individual to individual. SWIM needs at least 5 hours before sleeping (unless he is very tired), preferably 6 or 7.
My friend says this is very defendant on the person and/or the strain/type of Kratom. My friend dosed up with a mixture of 15x, UEI, "Gold Reserve" extract and Isolate extract (under 1 gram total, he does not know if it's a bad idea to mix this many types or not) He found this to be incredibly sedating and was close to nodding out and eventually fell into a very comfortable sleep on the floor and had no trouble doing so. Not to mention this was only 2-3 hours after dosing.
Old 22-03-2011, 13:03

Uncle Morpheus said thanks for all your help and type of kratom he is awaiting on is
Borneo Red Vein Kratom Powder as uncle Morpheus read that the red vein is good for relaxing
rather than the other types.Bur he said he would like to try bali
as he has read thats the best one.Uncle Morpheus would like to know a couple of other things
He said he wouldn't make him wirey would it like on edge as he has had
past exp with other drugs what made him like that and didn't like it.
Also will there be a good music perception on this type of kratom.
As uncle Morpheus has read that quiet a few people have had good music
appreciation

Many thanks for helping my uncle and is great full to you all.

P.L.U.R
Old 23-03-2011, 03:17

Female from Canada

Just an update on my first ferret's experience last night, had about one teaspon of Bali powder mixed with orange juice, that they drank, yuck he told me.

That was at about 1AM, 1h30 or so, ferret felt lightheaded, and wanting to puke, was able to control it.

Went to bed at 3AM no problem, felt very 'tired", ferret must say, that they were very nervous about the experience, maybe that could of been the problem of why they felt like p..ing.! oh and ferret had about 3 beers before that to relax.

What you think?
Old 23-03-2011, 09:40

Male from Bermuda

Some people are very prone to nausea when taking kratom, but the beers beforehand could have set that off. SWIM often gets some nausea when taking kratom.

The ferret wisely started with a small dose. Taking it without the beer would seem to be sensible.
Old 23-03-2011, 11:02
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Kratom works best on an empty stomach.
Kratoms effects on an empty stomach should be fel within 15 - 30 minutes depending on the method of injestion.
While Kratom can give very strong effects it is also a very delicate high that can easily be masked by other drugs like alcohol.

The Dr would suggest next time you follow all the recomended steps for a good Kratom session. Take it on an empty stomach, dont take other drugs.
Weigh out your Kratom, one teaspoon could be anything espicially if it was not a proper measuring spoon that had been leveled off and just some spoon from your kitchen?
Measure out about 5 - 8 grams and try that.
Old 23-03-2011, 14:13

Uncle Morpheus is still eargly waiting on his first batch and was wondering if he should take ginger before after or with in case of nausea?
Old 23-03-2011, 15:47
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

You can take it before if you want too use it to protect against any nausea, that is if you suffer with nausea from Kratom. I never have, and with most people who complain about it say its not that intense. There are a small amount of people who vomit from it but i think thats mostly while taking it and not so much after its kicked in.
I also prefer to have an empty stomach so i wouldn't be eating anything at all including ginger.

Take some if you want to though, wait 30 minutes then take 5-10 grams and enjoy.
Old 23-03-2011, 16:23

Uncle morpheous says many thanks for the advice and says sorry to be a pain but would you say the nausea is the same felt when taking codeine?
Old 23-03-2011, 18:43
Palladium Member

Balzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline Medline

The really smart, good-looking guy next door says:
I've never experienced nausea from kratom myself, except for those few times where it made me gag a little during the toss and wash process.
I would think any nausea experienced would be similar to that of codeine, though.
It usually makes me burp a little within a few minutes of ingesting it, which indicates to me that it is at least slightly base. I've never tested the ph, so that's just an assumption on my part.
The worst thing that happens to me is when I get a clump of dry powder caught in my throat while trying to swallow it. When that happens, I quickly gargle and swallow a little more water.
Old 23-03-2011, 19:47
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

The really ugly and idiotic guy nextdoor told me:

I've never had any nausea from kratom. But I have a tough stomach (can drink 'shine straight). But I prefer tea over t&w cus it's way easier to get down. Tea tastes like shit so some might gag from it but I can handle it. I personally suggest tea for anyone who can't get off on less than a few grams (I need at least half an ounce of bali to get a buzz) cus that's a shit load of powder to be swallowing.
Old 23-03-2011, 20:55
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachieuk82 View Post
Uncle morpheous says many thanks for the advice and says sorry to be a pain but would you say the nausea is the same felt when taking codeine?

SWIM's dog Rex has a few things to add on the nausea caused by Kratom. It is rare for Rex to feel nauseous when taking Kratom, it mostly happens when he takes too much (4-6 grams above his usual amount) he finds that lying down and being still in a dimly lit room helps relive the feeling. Rex's mate is much more sensitive to Kratom and can sometimes get nauseous if she moves around the house too much after taking it.

The main difference Rex noticed between the nausea form Kratom and drugs like hydrocodone, is that with hydrocodone, when Rex notices the first signs of nausea, he is able to drink lots of water and eat a piece of toast, that usually calms the stomach down. With Kratom, food and water dont help as much, if at all, and sometimes food makes the nausea feel worse.
Old 23-03-2011, 22:52
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM also agrees with the above, he has never experienced any sort of nausea with Kratom. And the taste doesn't bother him at all either. This might be because he is coming from using Kava as his drug of choice and that stuff has got to be some of the worst tasting stuff known to man. But still a great ethno. way better than alcohol anyway.
Old 23-03-2011, 23:48

I dont think uncle morphoeus would get nausea as far as he can tell it seems to be when first time users who shall we are a bit silly take a whole 10-15g and what ive read everywhere and on here its best to startout small.So when he gets his hes gonna go for 3g then see what happens.I understand its a small dose but he thinks that will give him a taster.Just to see what happens

There is one questions what is worrying him tho or tho he has never heard of it but there arnt any hallucinations are there as this is the one thing he cant handle.Doesnt like that sort of thing as it always makes him panic since the time he done shrooms.

P.L.U.R
Old 24-03-2011, 00:08
Palladium Member

Nope. No hallucinations.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you so much thats liftd alot of my mind as im always cautious with something new even thos i havnt read anything of seeing things always best to ask users first hand many thanks
Old 26-03-2011, 14:58

Female from Canada

Just an update on my ferret's second experiment with Bali Powder.

Since last week's first experiment, that made ferret very nauseaus, ferret decided to put powder in capsules, 00 vegetable caps.

Ferret took took 9 of those capsule, ferret is still waiting on the effects, 9 hours later...
yeah you guessed, not much of a feeling there, ferret had more effects with one teaspon mixed with OJ the first time, than with the caps.
Next experience will be making tea , this better work cause, ferret not having much fun so far.
Old 26-03-2011, 15:56
Palladium Member

Here is the best tea preparation technique I've seen.
Old 26-03-2011, 17:08
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppers View Post
Just an update on my ferret's second experiment with Bali Powder.

Since last week's first experiment, that made ferret very nauseaus, ferret decided to put powder in capsules, 00 vegetable caps.

Ferret took took 9 of those capsule, ferret is still waiting on the effects, 9 hours later...
yeah you guessed, not much of a feeling there, ferret had more effects with one teaspon mixed with OJ the first time, than with the caps.
Next experience will be making tea , this better work cause, ferret not having much fun so far.
My friend is sorry to hear that. He downed 5 or so grams of powder the other day (not very easily) and had an excellent, sedating experience. This might be a testimate to the shady kratom market.

Share this on:

Tags
bali kratom, gel caps, kratom, kratom capsules, kratom dosage questions, kratom extract, kratom leaf, kratom powder, kratom questions, kratom use