Old 20-03-2011, 02:47
Silver Member

61 y/o Male from United States
Photobug is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
What Does 8 mg Subutex Look Like?

Hello Everyone,

Maybe someone can help me. I just had a weird thing happen. I need to know exactly what an 8 mg tab of Subutex looks like. Both the Generic and the name brand? This may be hard to help me because remember my friends, you can't post a link. So if you know of a web site with pics, you have to type out the address. Or maybe someone can describe them.

Here is what has happened. All this is very legal. I was given a script for 8 mg tabs of Subutex. I took it to the pharmacy last night and they needed to get insurance approval. So they gave me 1 tab to hold me over until today. The Tab was white, and kind of oval in shape. A lot like a football. It had a number on 1 side which I didn't write down. (stupid me) On the other side was what looked like a letter, maybe a v or a y. I have seen that emblem before, and I was pretty sure it's a generic company. I don't take the whole tab at once. I cut them in quarters and take 2 mg at a time. It cut up very nicely. It had a good effect on me. It killed all my wds and most of my back pain. It also woke me up and I got very little sleep last night. That's a common side effect when you first start treatment with Subutex, because this is my 3rd time doing it. I was very pleased with the results. I used to take Subutex before there were generics, and the shape reminded me of the Brand name as did the effects.

Now today I got the rest of the script. Wow, it's a totally different pill. It is Buprenorphine HCl tabs because it's in the original bottle and the seal was intact. It's still a white pill but it's round. When I went to cut it up it doesn't cut well at all. It crumbles into little tiny pieces and figuring out how much is 2 mg will be nearly impossible. I took a small piece. Instead of waking me up it made me very sleepy. I almost went back to bed. It also didn't make me feel good. After a while I think it caused withdrawal symptoms, because I became very cold. Last but not least, it didn't kill any back pain at all. I know it's generic Subutex, that's not the question. The question is was the pill from last night another generic brand of Subutex or was it the name brand? I need to know. The pharmacist from last night wasn't there today, so I couldn’t ask. I'm now stuck with a 2 week supply of these generics which do very little besides stopping extreme withdrawal symptoms. I take these pills for pain as well as to keep withdrawal symptoms away.

Does anyone know for a fact what the name Brand looks like nowadays? And what was the letter on the 1 pill from last night?

As I'm sure most of you know, docs and pharmacists think every generic pill is equal and that they're all the same as name brands. As most of us who use these meds know, this is not true. Some generics are different than others, and some are better. Furthermore Generics are often not the same as Name Brands. Proving this is very hard and almost impossible, especially here in the USA. However, it does happen, and lately the FDA has been recalling more drugs than I ever heard of before. Since I know the manufacturer of the round tabs I can report them. But who do I report them to? I know I have seen a web site where you can report a med that you don't think was made properly, but what's the web site. Does anyone know? The company who made these round pills is a well known company. So maybe this is just a bad batch I got. But I'm stuck with 2 weeks of these.

If anyone knows anything, please help.

Photobug added 170 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

I just found the answer. I guess it's true, if you search the Internet long enough, you can find out anything.

The 1 pill was made by Qualitest, and I think that is a generic company. They sure make a better Subutex pill than Roxane does. I have to ask for, or even demand Qualitest next time. It's a better product.

Last edited by Photobug; 20-03-2011 at 02:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2011, 18:58
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What Does 8 mg Subutex Look Like?

thanks for the update, good to know its sorted
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Yep, an 8mg Subutex has a B-8 and it oval. Those are the brand names, the generic are round and Bud can't remember what's on them, but they are as big as a regular Suboxone, only round. That is to deter I.V. use Buddy thinks, because they are so big compared to the brand name ones. Google Subutex and pick out some site, one that has a pill identifier and you will see the difference. Buddy just sticks with Suboxone, because that is all his insurance will cover. My pharmacy charges much more than that for a generic Subutex. Prices are going up for some reason. Probably to pull in the profits before they both go generic.

salgoud
Old 11-10-2011, 07:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from United States
Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3

The ones swim has are octagon swms friends call the stop signs one Side with a cross type symbol and N8 on the other side and are a light orange in color
Old 11-10-2011, 11:52
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Donmeka, those are Suboxone; the question is in regard to Subutex.
Old 19-10-2011, 17:14

24 y/o Male from United States
blackninjaforevr needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

im prescribed subutex generics. Tho, I believe there are two kinds, mine are white circles with 54 and 411 pressed into the same side whilst the back side is blank. I always wonder about this kind of stuff. don't they have to test their shit before they can put em in a pharmacy? haha god only knows...
Old 19-10-2011, 17:53

33 y/o Male from Sweden
five-four-two is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Here the subutex are white, oval and marked with a sword/cross on one side and B8 on the other (B2 for 2mg's), and suboxone has a hexagon shape and marked with sword/cross and N8
Old 19-10-2011, 19:31
Silver Member

61 y/o Male from United States
Photobug is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

swim wants everyone to know swim found out the answer to this many months ago. If you also need to ask go ahead and make a post, but swim knows.

5-4-2 you have the Name Brand. Those are best. Neither of the 2 generics here in the USA are quite as good as the name brand.

Blakninja*** You have the most common generic. They are made by Roxane and in many ststes they are the only ones available. swim couldn't take them. They didn't work for swim, and they created a ton of anxiety.

Yes, this is all "supposed" to be FDA regulated. But ever since Sub hit the scene, some 8+ years ago, there has been shady things going on. At least this is what swim says. Me, I don't know.

Share this on:

Tags
buprenorphine, drug, drug companies, generics, hydromorphone, injecting, methadone, pharmacology, suboxone, subutex, withdrawals