Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-03-2011, 06:04
Silver Member

Male from United States
laws0n is a decent psychonaut.laws0n is a decent psychonaut.
Brown Powder in Dried Pods?

SWIM has ordered poppy pods a couple times before and his next shipment is coming to SWIM after the weekend. Yay.

Anyways SWIM has noticed when separating the seeds from inside the pods he sees a brown powder from inside of the pods, the powder is very different from the poppy seeds and can easily be separated by shaking. SWIM was wondering if this was dried latex of the pods when they were alive or just dirt?

Also SWIM knows theres no exact answer to this but he ordered Medium pods which are 2-3in in diameter they claim. Is there any general idea to the weight of these? SWIM doesnt have access to a scale to weigh them in grams.

Thanks for all the help, SWIM cant wait for these and will probly make some tea to start out with and then try to make some CFO with the rest. He ordered 50 Medium pods, which might not be enough but the prices these days are rediculous.
Old 21-03-2011, 21:16
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
heyvov is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Brown Powder in Dried Pods?

With poppy pods, your scale doesn't need to be super-precise. A cheap kitchen scale will suffice. If you can afford pods, you can afford a kitchen scale. The weight of pods can vary pretty dramatically, so I can't really give you a reliable estimate.
Old 21-03-2011, 21:29
Silver Member

Male from United States

Thanks. SWIM got his pods a few hours ago and made tea from 10 Mediums. He is now going to attempt making CFO, dont know how well that will work but SWIM really hopes it does. Hes brewing the tea from 30 pods so hopefully it will yeild a good amount of CFO.
Old 21-03-2011, 21:40

23 y/o Male from United States
Mced260 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Would you mind clarifying what CFO is? My dragon doesn't seem to know..
Thanks
Old 21-03-2011, 21:45
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mced260 View Post
Would you mind clarifying what CFO is? My dragon doesn't seem to know..
Thanks
Cooked flaked opium. Basically, it's tea evaporated into an opium-like putty. If it's made right, it can be smoked. There's many threads on this if you want to search for it.
Old 21-03-2011, 21:46
Silver Member

Male from Canada
God hates me is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My pet lamb believes CFO refers to Cooked Flake Opium, and as for the original question I apologize for being of no great assistance with pods in general.
Old 22-03-2011, 00:27
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laws0n View Post
Thanks. SWIM got his pods a few hours ago and made tea from 10 Mediums. He is now going to attempt making CFO, dont know how well that will work but SWIM really hopes it does. Hes brewing the tea from 30 pods so hopefully it will yeild a good amount of CFO.
I just got a box of 50 medium pods in the mail and brewed a tea out of all of them about 6 hours ago. The only real effect I got was the opioid itch. The tea was a fairly dark color, comparable to when (in the past) I got a wonderful opiate high. Not sure whether the pods on the market are just weak these days or it's tolerance. Disappointing for sure, though.
Old 22-03-2011, 22:33
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM tried to make some cooked flaked opium but was very disappointed. So just watered down the extract for tea.
Old 17-05-2011, 06:07
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from United States
alaskazagnut is a decent psychonaut.alaskazagnut is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by laws0n View Post
SWIM has ordered poppy pods a couple times before and his next shipment is coming to SWIM after the weekend. Yay.

Anyways SWIM has noticed when separating the seeds from inside the pods he sees a brown powder from inside of the pods, the powder is very different from the poppy seeds and can easily be separated by shaking. SWIM was wondering if this was dried latex of the pods when they were alive or just dirt?
Since no-one answered this part of your OP, I will. After a case of pods, my friend has about a full pound of seeds, straight from the pods. When she jiggles the bowl full, that light fluffy brown powder shows up in little ripples or piles. This is absolutely NOT dirt. This is what SWIY wants from the seeds remains. If SWIY was to wash the seeds to drink the seed tea this is the part that the seed companies wash (or blow) away. She believes it is the small "umbilical cord" or "sheath" that would attach each seed to the pod itself when it is growing. Kinda like velvet on a deer antler. When the pod dries (and the seeds too) the "membrane sheath" dissolves into dust inside the pod when the seeds fall off the "ribs" or "vanes". But most of that powder comes out with the seeds when you break the pod and dump the seeds out. One can assume SWIY never throws seeds away. My friend saves all of them till the end and she separates this brown powder out all at once as best she can using as fine a screen as she can. Then always wash the seeds after and drink the rinse water. The volume of the brown powder is small compared to a normal ground up pod dose, but the effects are clean and marvelous if you separate out 4-5 grams of the stuff. The desired effect of this small yet high grade part of the pod leads my friend to believe the "brown powder" is the purest single part of the pod itself. In other words, that small velvety membrane nourishes the seeds and has the purest and most essential nutrients. When taken all at once, 5 grams seems to SWIM, to be like insufflating morphine. Very little heavy body high, just a clean euphoric mental high. But its also gone in 3-4 hours instead of the normal 16-24 hours a pod slurry tea can last. That fact also lends itself that this substance might have a more pure alkaloid content.

Any other SWIMS ever saved all the seeds from a case or 2 to sift out this "brown gold" all at one time? Can anyone confirm or refute that her experience is valid and repeatable? Or is it just hogwash? But store bought poppy seeds are devoid of 90% of this powder. (Probably for good reason if people like a few poppy seed muffins before heading to work for a possible random UA!) See Mythbusters, 2003 March 7th pilot episode. 3 poppy seed muffins = failed UA for almost 8 hours.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very informative, answered the original question. Thanks!

Last edited by alaskazagnut; 17-05-2011 at 06:14.

Share this on:

Tags
brown powder in poppy pods, dried poppy pods, making opium, opium, pods, poppy, poppy pod, poppy pods, poppy seed, soma