Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > Nitrous Oxide
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nitrous Oxide N2O, Laughing gas

Old 18-03-2011, 02:24
Titanium Member

Female from United States
sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 716, Level: 4 Points: 716, Level: 4 Points: 716, Level: 4
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
seizures from N2O

42 yr old male 240 lbs.

N2O unknown quantity of N2O charges
20 mg 2CI verified by lab 99.9%
xanax unknown dose
Aderall unknown dose

Patient had used N2O and 2CI (dose weighed for accuracy) on previous occasions. Assumed first time taking Aderall and Xanax patient did not inform sitter they had ingested either of them.

1 hr after taking 2CI. Do not know when patient ingested Pharms. Patient was talking clearly but words did not make sense. Trip sitter assumed this was possible bad trip. Talk down attempted. Realization that patient was not seeing or hearing those around him. Total disconnect.

Sitter sat next to him to try to assess the situation. Patient pissed himself and pushed them away shouting fuck you. Suspect something might be seriously wrong. Attempt to get some clean dry cloths on him while the situation is assessed. Start calling for Thorazine. Patient throws up. Serious talk about calling 911 and house cleaning.

Patient begins to kick his legs and wave his arms. Looks looks a child throwing a tantrum but is not immediately recognized as a seizure. 911 is called when the sitter hears him clenching his teeth. Fear that he will break his teeth. Grand Mal type seizure begins. Patient is thrashing about and sitter scrambles to keep him from damaging himself. Patient is sweeting and face is red. Sitter stays with patient and everyone else is given the o.k. to leave before the authorities show up.

Patient appears to pass out with loud snoring. Ambulance shows up and is taken to ER. Patient had to be strapped down and a breathing tube was inserted. Patient was not breathing on his own at this time.

Toxicology shows amphetamine and benzodiazepines. Blood PH is high. High blood PH is due to respiratory acidosis. Respiratory acidosis occurs when the lungs can not get rid of all the carbon dioxide.

Day 2 Patient pulled out breathing tube and began to breath on his own. No apparent brain damage. Patient shows signs of kidney necrosis. May have permanent kidney damage.

I will repost when I can verify the doses of Xanax and Aderall taken. 2CI was weighed and verified 99.9%. N2O was from canister not a tank, hose, or plastic bag. Suspect possible drug interaction from mixing Pharms.

Just wanted to post this in the hope someone might have a clue as to what went wrong. The medical authorities seem more intent in putting the fear into the patient (rightly so) but do not seem very interested in what happened to the patient as they have written him off as some sort of drug addict. They say that it was the N2O but think that is only because the paramedics found N2O cartridges on scene. Patient has used N2O many times before in much larger quantities. No tank, hose, balloons, or plastic bags were used to administer N2O.

PLEASE play safe always have a trip sitter and inform them what other substances you have ingested. This could have turned out much worse. I hope this post will serve as a warning that things can and sometimes do go very wrong even for experienced drug users so know the signs to look for that will let you know when someone is in trouble and needs immediate medical attention.

Sorry the timeline is crap things happened so fast and no one kept track once things started to go bad. Will update dosages for both Pharms. There are some very good threads out there that list the warning signs please read them.

Last edited by sandoz1943; 18-03-2011 at 02:29. Reason: left out important info
Old 19-03-2011, 23:43
Titanium Member

sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.
Re: seizures from N2O

The patient left the hospital today after a 5 day stay. His brain is no more broken than it was before the seizure. He still needs to see more doctors about a lung infection and possible kidney damage.

Confirmed 2mg bar of xanax was taken 2 days prior but still showed up on the toxicology. Patient does not recall mg of the Aderall but took it within 30 minutes of taking the 2CI. Doctors insist that the seizure was due to the N2O but no one here is buying that.
Old 20-03-2011, 01:11
Silver Member

52 y/o Male from Earth
DanTheFuckinMan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My cat knows someone that has suffered a seizure and has permanent neurological damage while abusing N2O.
Old 20-03-2011, 12:17
Titanium Member

Would appreciate it if you could provide more info. Was the N2O from whipett type charge or from hose, mask or bag? Were there any other drugs being used with the N2O?

The doctors say this was caused by N2O but just cant see how that is possible from just three boxes of charges from a canister that only holds one charge at a time. I am glad to see so many reads on this thread but I was hoping to hear some theories about the cause. The medical professionals do not seem to care to look for any other cause outside of the N2O. It is unlikely that once he has healed up he wont use N2O again so I would like to try and figure out what happened to insure it does not happen again.

Anyone else worry about what is actually in the N2O charges? Is should be food grade N2O but how does anyone know for sure? I have noticed many of these N2O charges are now made in China. Toys for children from China are not even safe. Does anyone know how the composition of the gas inside could be verified?
Old 21-03-2011, 03:15
Silver Member

52 y/o Male from Earth
DanTheFuckinMan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2

It was from whippits. He was doin lots of them. Only other drugs involved was weed. I doubt that whippits are med grade N2o.
Old 25-03-2011, 15:49

Male from United States
bigsplash should review received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheFuckinMan View Post
It was from whippits. He was doin lots of them. Only other drugs involved was weed. I doubt that whippits are med grade N2o.
Well, distributor SWIM uses makes big deal about "Contains 8 grams nitrous oxide from EU certified pharmaceutical manufacturer".

SWIM also decided yesterday he needs to cut back on usage.
Old 25-03-2011, 16:57

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Psilocybo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

AFOAF had something similar happen but he didn't go into a full seizure like the OP, it's was on a combination of what was supposed to be MDMA(not tested though so can't confirm), Gabapentin, Alcohol, and repeated hits of DMT through out the night.
At some point in the night AFOAF was given a can of whipped cream, so he emptied his lungs and proceeded to fill them with all nitrous from the can, he held it for as long as he felt necessary and then breathed the rest into a balloon and took in a full lung full of air, then repeated the process once more before he suddenly felt like he was gonna pass out, he lost all control in his legs and collapsed to the floor and started convulsing for about 20 second before regaining control of himself.
Now I know alot of people will think that this occured due to lack of oxygen(and it quite possibly could have been), but AFOAF was quite shocked at this as it was only a really small dose of nitrous compared to what he had been needing as he had been using 5 whippets to get the effects he wanted previously, and he had alway been careful to make sure he took in enough air to stay conscious.
So this led him to believe that it could have been the combination of the different substances with the nitrous that caused the effects in AFOAF.

Also AFOAF thought he would mention that the combination of Nitrous and DMT is absolutely mind blowing, he didn't think thing went much deeper than what he had experienced on DMT(as he considers himself very experienced with this molecule), but this just took it to another level, not so much visually as he was still going to the crazy rooms and landscapes that he would normally go to but it felt even more profound than normal and lasted around about 25mins instead of the usual 10mins that he gets, He really felt reborn for the whole day after this, would definately recommend this combination to anyone who likes to push things far!

Apologies for going off topic, but that combination really is something special and AFOAF felt the need to share!

Psilocybo
Old 25-03-2011, 17:41
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6

I'm really glad you posted this incident, AFOAF has been considering a nitrous experience, and your post is an effective reminder of the importance of the sitter. I wish I had some knowledge to help, but I think its really also a reminder that we can never count on the brains response always being what we expect, there's still too much we don't know.
Old 28-06-2013, 21:23

20 y/o Male from United States
HighOnNature is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

N2O is the most dangerous substance I regularly use, since I stopped smoking fake'n'bake. Every Keeps warning me about the dangers but from the reserch I did the only danger I could find was inhallation wich I take many measures to avoid. I take several deep breaths before exhalling and taking a hit, I breath between hits, and 5-6 in a 6 hr period is as excesive as i get. My cuzin who has done tones of dangerous drugs I would never concider refuses to partake in these with me out of fear of seizures, i find this rediculas coming from him but maybe I should look more into my use of N2O and maybe make sure Im getting the safest gas I can and us it as safley as I can

Share this on:

Tags
2c-i, adderall, aderall, drug, gabapentin, laughing gas, n2o, nitrous, nitrous oxide, overdose, xanax