Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 13-03-2011, 05:30

Male from United States
Drummer16 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Using opiates near the end of withdrawals

Swim has been scouring the net for the past year and hasn't ever found a definitive answer or even question about this topic. Basically, the question is: if swim has gone 5 days without his DOC and is still feeling slight withdrawal symptoms, if he uses ONE dose, will he have to start all over or will he be somewhere near where he was in the withdrawal stage before he took that dose? Thanks.

Drummer16 added 50 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Let swim clarify that the DOC here was oxymorphone, which had a nice intense 3 day phase of FUN! Swim was using upwards of 50mg in a 5 hour period up his nose, and that kind of dosage is equivalent to god only knows what in morphine terms...up to 500mg morphine equivalent? Luckily, he knew he was running low and tapered down to about 20mg a day, but still that last jump was a bitch. Even the taper was a bitch. Swim hasn't slept well in 2 weeks! Please, swim has to know if getting one fix will ruin all the hard work he's done. Thanks!

Last edited by Drummer16; 13-03-2011 at 05:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-03-2011, 05:55
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
hillbilly345 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3 Points: 436, Level: 3
Re: Using opiates near the end of withdrawals

Yes, it will take you back to where you started. You have made it this far, you cant just ive up. Its a Bitch but it will only get harder if you give in now. You can do it! Dont give up now!

Post Quality Evaluations:
The only answer to this question.
Old 13-03-2011, 06:20

Male from United States

Swim really really appreciates the positive motivation. He really really does. He just has had such a rough time that when he gets his 90 oxymorphones if he uses 1 to actually have one good high then gives them to his gf to hold for a week, will it really be that way? Swim knows swiy is expecting him to relapse, but swim swears he will be a good good boy this time at least until his tolerance is down. Then, once every 4 days dispensed properly by his gf. It seems hard to believe with his body taking so long to adjust to life without pain medication that it would be so quick to completely reverse all of that.

Swim is remembering to when he kicked his heroin habit for a month and how life was so much more meaningful...he just wants to have his cake and eat it too, you know? Seems impossible in this business.
Old 13-03-2011, 11:54
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%
AW: Re: Using opiates near the end of withdrawals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer16 View Post
Swim knows swiy is expecting him to relapse, but swim swears he will be a good good boy this time at least until his tolerance is down. Then, once every 4 days dispensed properly by his gf.
Dude,
this game so much of us have played and lost. If one is miserable enough he will go any way viable to get his DOC. And our beloved ones will not let us stay in agony, no matter what we and they have sworn to do before.

I would strongly advise you against taking any opiates again, not only whilst in withdrawal but also for the f***ing rest of your life.
Any relapse in this time will lead you in full withdrawal again.
You have made it so far, please do abstain furtheron to not have to begin from the start.

Good thoughts and powerful will

TBBW

honest and helpful
Excellent honest advice.

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 13-03-2011 at 11:55. Reason: typo
Old 13-03-2011, 15:46

Male from United States

Agreed, that is the best solution for swim. Swim doesn't know if he's ready to stop using them altogether. He has noticed the magic waning. But, now that he's moved up the ladder to oxymorphone, no other opiate will even come close to giving him euphoria. So, it may be nearing the end of his opiate days after all.

Swim really want to get some quantifiable answers to my question, though, because at some point there has to be a point where your body has returned somewhat to normal. Swim looking for something like...

during withdrawals:

• after 3 days of no opiates, a dose will send you back to day one with roughly 75% strength withdrawals
  • after 5 days, a dose will send you back to day one with roughly 50% withdrawals
  • after 7 days a half dose bringing you an equal high will send you back to day one 25% strength withdrawals
Something like that. Swim does know that if he goes a week without opiates, a small dose will work initially, with each successive day having to double the dose until where he was at before. And, 3 days of that will bring swim right back to withdrawal day 1 100%.

Thanks guys, swim knows you're offering the best advice ever. Swim has honestly been clean for 2 months at a time a few times over the past 3 years and remembers what it was like. Five years ago swim used to use opiates only on Saturday mornings. Eventually, he developed bowel problems and back pain, which from then on the devil had him by his poisonous, pleasure giving claws. Swim isn't letting his life or others' suffer from his addiction whatsoever. He makes a lot of money at work, has a big house, and a beautiful gf. But, swim is also nearing the age of marriage and children so he is trying to squeeze the last bit of joy out of life before being imprisoned....hah
Old 13-03-2011, 21:36
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

There is no answer of the kind you are looking for. Things vary hugely between people and even the same person will experience things very differently at different times.

I've been around this block an awfully long time, and seen an awful lot of people try the kind of thing you are doing. I've yet to meet one who has been able to go from having a habit to using once every four days. Addiction is not simply about some objectively measurable "physical withdrawals". Withdrawal symptoms are hugely tied in with state of mind.

It's essentially a case of "Do you want to fuck about, or do you want to quit?" Even if you want to fuck about, you should allow yourselves several months of abstinence. Starting back only 5 days off is a recipe for disaster.

As for not letting anyone suffer because of your addiction I would say

a) you almost certainly are doing so now even if you don't realise it. Ask yourself, are you always honest and up-front with everyone? Do you really think an addict is fully emotionally available? Even if people don't know what exactly is going on, anyone with a modicum of intuition will sense immediately that something is "off" about you.

b) Things change. Carry on down the road of addiction and the material side of things will most likely start to slip too. Addiction is no respecter of wives and children. Marriage and kids are no guarantee you will stop.

If you can, I'd urge you in no uncertain terms to stop now. Opiate addiction is nastier than you may think, in my view, despite what certain members on here who seem to think otherwise may say.

If and when you are ready to stop fucking about, I will be happy to help in any way I can. Until then, you probably need to do some experimenting and learn the hard way. I certainly did, and I am far from unique in that way.

Be well

Dickon

Excellent post, we must all face that "Do or Die" time.
Old 14-03-2011, 00:57

Male from United States

Thanks for the reply. I understand where you are coming from. The thing about swim is that he never has hit this rock bottom where I am sure you have reached. He always either runs out of his supply, or the cost/pleasure ratio becomes too high where he has to take a step back. Swim has never had a constant supply to where he can go months and months and months on end. That's why I've said in other posts that he's experienced wds almost 20 times, maybe more since the time he's been using. I don't even want to call it using because most of the stuff is prescribed to him, he just abuses it. Like you said, everyone is different. I just wanted to know the usual case for what 90% of people experience when they are near their end of wds and what the effect would be. It sounds like you've had many years of experience with this and I am sure you are a good candidate to share what you have experienced with respect to the topic. He has honestly never had a chance to experiment with this, but maybe, I will be able to post back in a few days and share what happened with him.

The worst effect swim has is that he becomes emotionally unavailable between the times when he is using his oxymorphone. Financially, the last year everything has been basically covered by insurance 100%. It might even help swim to use opiates vs alcohol like he used to. Alcohol was really taking it's toll on his body almost to the point where he could not handle even a few drinks without getting sick/hungover. I don't want to try to rationalize his addiction too much because that is just plain silliness.

He is not ready to quit just yet, but just wants to exhibit a little more self control than the last few binges.
Old 14-03-2011, 02:50
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
professor1165 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1

Im not going to preach to you about relapse and recovery...its pointless and belittling. To address your "controled use" experiment, this has been afoaf's experience; daily opiate use for 5 yrs, physically addicted for 4 yrs; IV user for 1 yr. Kicked it & Clean for over a year, then started using small amounts (sniffing 1-2 bags/day) again. He was able to beat it but it was just as hard as his previous 3 bundle/day IV habit. Physically it was cake but mentally it was the same nightmare. I dont have a medical reference to post about this but i was part of a naltrexone trial study 3 yrs ago. The docs there said it takes approx 5 yrs for brain chemistry (term used loosely) to return to normal after habitual opiate use. Using even a small amount before during that period can trigger the same craving as if you were jonesin' for your next fix. Also IMO & experience synthetic opioids are by far more difficult to withdraw from and keep clean. I empathize with your dilema I truly do, but swiy is at the point of no return. 'You cant turn a pickle back into a cucumber'. If swiy could use they way he suggests we wouldnt be discussing this right now. If swmy truly want off the merry-go-round ask your doc about vivitol. it saved my life. There are no other options right now. SWIY needs several years of abstinence from opioids before even contemplating this scenario

Thanks for point out the permanence of addiction ("once a pickle, always a pickle"). However, several years, decades, ect will not allow an addict to use "normally."
Old 14-03-2011, 07:24
Titanium Member

Male from United States
caltrain208 probably knows what they are talking about.caltrain208 probably knows what they are talking about.caltrain208 probably knows what they are talking about.caltrain208 probably knows what they are talking about.caltrain208 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 566, Level: 3 Points: 566, Level: 3 Points: 566, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
The thing about swim is that he never has hit this rock bottom where I am sure you have reached. He always either runs out of his supply, or the cost/pleasure ratio becomes too high where he has to take a step back.
I sure hope you never have to hit the "rock bottom" most of us have had to go to in order to take steps to get clean. When I posted on this website asking for advice and help, I was not yet at my bottom. I wanted to die each and every day, my life absolutely run by self-centered fear, yet I had not yet tried enough measures to control my use to admit to my innermost self that I was an addict and I needed to get clean. No one will be able to convince you to get clean now, to save yourself the absolute hell that is addiction, in fact I'm not going to even try. I'm just going to tell you that when you have had enough pain, when you have given up, when death looks like the only way out, when all you have been completely deflated, there is a solution. You do not have to end your life or spend the rest of your days suffering and hopeless. Many addicts, including myself, have found relief through the 12 steps. I know you may scoff at the idea at this point in your life, but when it starts to sound like a good idea, you'll be ready. You'll know when you're there. Best of luck to you my friend- I sincerely hope you don't have to go though the same pain I did to get this thing. It is also my hope that this disease does not kill you before you have a chance to experience the miracle of recovery. Take care.
Old 14-03-2011, 20:13

Male from United States

Jeez, you guys must have been on a whole different level than swim. When swim uses opiates, he wants to go out, he wants to work, he wants to exercise, and he is generally more productive than when he is off them. The picture you all are painting is all day laying in bed with a needle in your arm.

What professor said is very true. Swim finds it that with each successive withdrawal he goes through, the harder and harder part is the mental part. The cravings are nuts, mainly because life doesn't have the same sugar coating it normally does. The physical stuff doesn't even both swim. Constant stomach cramping? solved by immodium all day. Achy muscles? solved by high doses of ibprofen. Inability to sleep? pop a seroquil or kpin. Anxiety? cured by kpins but can't use them constantly. Generally it's just the anxiety, depression, lack of interest, and cravings that bug swim.

Ok guys, back to the topic. Swim just took a dose (after 6 days of abstinence) and will report back tomorrow on the state of the strength of wds, if any. Swim is having a good time, but his tolerance did not go down much AT ALL after 6 days.
Old 14-03-2011, 21:32
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15

That's right...keep telling yourself that you're "different", that you're "special", that you're "not like the rest of us".

I'm trying ever-so-hard to say this, um, politely...

If you can't see the level of denial you're in, the futility of your justifications/rationalisations...if you honestly think having a girlfriend/family/house/job will stop you, or that all you'll ever take is your prescribed opioids, or that having your girlfriend dole out a dose to you every 4 days like you're a 3 year old will work (because trust me, it won't - esp that last point...she's gonna get fed up & throw you your 'script & tell you to handle it yourself & leave her alone, nor is it at all fair for you to put the responsibility for your drug mis/ab/use in her hands & make her part of your sickness); then you're already fucked FAAAR more than you realize.

But hey, what do I know, right?

~Kailey

You avoided outright calling him out while also making a dearly needed point.
harsh. but absolutely true!
Absolutely what this person needs to hear. I doubt it will break the denial but it's the best anyone can do.
Sometimes brutal honesty is the only thing able to break through the ego of an addict. Well done.
:( if these were wrong, the life would be better. sorry but true :(
Old 15-03-2011, 02:27

Male from United States

You guys always say that everyone's body is different and how opiates affect each individual is unique, but you sit here and try to pigeonhole everyone into a very specific category. You all are basically saying that the field of pain management is a complete sham, and it can never be successful for any individual. You are saying that people have no self-control and are complete animals when exposed to these chemicals, completely losing all rational thought. Look at it this way, swim enjoys an occasional cigarette at social occasions, a highly addictive chemical. He has maybe a few a week, but he never has gone out and bought a pack of them. While I agree with some of your principles like the best solution is abstinence, I think that some individuals have more self control than others. A friend of a friend of mine got clean and his buddies from out of town came in one night and he decided to use with them. That one dose sent him into a 6 month binge where he lost his job, had no money, and eventually ended up in rehab. Swim has a good buddy of his that if he has a few drinks of alcohol he will go on huge binges until he almost dies. Swim has never experienced any kind of craze like that because swim has other priorities and some (not always the best) self-control. I mean the root principle of what you guys are saying is correct, so I can't really argue it, nor do I want to. Also, that is true that making his gf responsible is putting an unfair burden on her. Good point.

Right now, swim is coming off of his one dose of his medication. He won't be taking any more of it until this weekend or maybe longer. We'll see who's right I guess. I will post back with how he is doing later.
Old 15-03-2011, 02:33
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer16 View Post
Jeez, you guys must have been on a whole different level than swim. When swim uses opiates, he wants to go out, he wants to work, he wants to exercise, and he is generally more productive than when he is off them. The picture you all are painting is all day laying in bed with a needle in your arm.

What professor said is very true. Swim finds it that with each successive withdrawal he goes through, the harder and harder part is the mental part. The cravings are nuts, mainly because life doesn't have the same sugar coating it normally does. The physical stuff doesn't even both swim. Constant stomach cramping? solved by immodium all day. Achy muscles? solved by high doses of ibprofen. Inability to sleep? pop a seroquil or kpin. Anxiety? cured by kpins but can't use them constantly. Generally it's just the anxiety, depression, lack of interest, and cravings that bug swim.

Ok guys, back to the topic. Swim just took a dose (after 6 days of abstinence) and will report back tomorrow on the state of the strength of wds, if any. Swim is having a good time, but his tolerance did not go down much AT ALL after 6 days.
We all have our own path to walk and lessons to be learned. I say the following without any prejudice toward you or your use; Every single hopelessly addicted junkie shared the exact same thought process you mention above. No one wants to be an addict, its the minimizing & rationalization of their use that allows addiction to sneak in the back door. You want to use but you dont want to be an addict...thats textbook addiction 101. Nothing here is going to get you the answer you want to hear because it would be a lie. You sound exactly like I did 7 yrs ago. Eventually I was all but hopeless. Do what you want bro but if you're looking for some validation you're not gonna find it here cuz we've been where youre at and know where it leads. Theres not loophole for 'special' people. I wish you all the best
Old 15-03-2011, 02:54
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15

No, the field of pain management isn't a sham. Plenty of people seem to be able to take their meds as prescribed, as needed.

However, from your very own statements, you are not one of them.

BTW, even managing not to take any more of your medication until the weekend doesn't "prove" anything, to us (who don't really matter) or yourself...if this weekend's dose is near-constantly on your mind.

I'm not saying this with any malice, just so you know. I got caught in the same trap myself; in fact, having taken my meds as prescribed for years prior to becoming addicted made me justify my addictive use even more. I refused to see the difference between my use for pain and the way it changed when I became addicted.

I'll say this - when I was merely 'dependent' on opioids, I didn't need anyone else to hold my pills for me so I wouldn't take too many.

~Kailey
Old 15-03-2011, 04:09
Silver Member

IDK if its my place to say but i think this thread should be closed. There's no point in beating a dead horse and DRUMMER has a rolodex of excuses and counterpoints. I just dont see this serving any purpose. Leaving it open allows this pointless discussion to go on & on. Its turning into an intervention for christs sake!!
Old 15-03-2011, 04:47
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

I'm not going to close this thread. It may be frustrating for those who offer advice to have it, for the most part, ignored, but that is often how things work on here. Maybe drummer, you won't use until the weekend and maybe you'll wait four days after that before you use again. If you can go from using every four days to using every five days then that's great, but I wouldn't be surprised that if you do use every four days for a while you'll congratulate yourself on doing so well and think, well, if I can use every four days I might as well use every three days, and from that every other day, and then no doubt some "special occasion" will come along and you'll use two days in a row, and then using a couple of days in a row won't seem so bad, and you'll be using daily again. Anyway, that's my speculation.

As far as pain-management goes, if you can go without the pills 3 days out of every 4, then you can do with out them completely. This whole thread does not speak to me of a pain management situation. You have not once talked about how difficult it is to get by without opiates because of pain issues, you have said instead that you want to abuse them. You snort the pills which is not following what your pain management doctor prescribed.

You can go on about how different every one is, but I think that's missing another very important point, how remarkably similar people are when you get down to it. We might like to emphasise what makes us special, unique, etc. but when it comes to underlying feelings, biology, neurochemistry, we are for the most part all much of a muchness. You go on about your self-control and yet you've ended up addicted. You want to use without being addicted. All this sounds totally normal and not in the least bit different or unusual.

I'm curious how old you are and for how long you've been using opiates. You say opiates give you energy and make you productive. This seems like fairly days of addiction to me.

As Kailey says, you sound like you're in denial. You are welcome to believe what you want. Just don't expect others here, especially those who have been down that path, to believe it too. But like I said in my earlier post, this may well be a lesson you have to learn by bitter experience. Maybe having this thread will mean that point is arrived at a little bit quicker. Who knows?

All the best

Dickon
Old 16-03-2011, 02:43

Male from United States

Don't get me wrong, swim appreciates all of your feedback. He just isn't ready to make that jump to sobriety yet. It's funny you mention the 4 days turning to 3 days turning to a binge for a special occasion. Swim has DEFINITELY experienced that and seen how his brain can play tricks on him. A vacation/being sick is often a good excuse as well.

Swim is 27 years old, and started out by popping vicodin that him and his friends would steal from their parents somewhere around the age of 20-21. Then, swim's friends dad had ultram which really got him into opiates because of how long it lasted and the energy it gave him. He was able to procure large amounts of ultram from online pharmacies and of course would use whatever percocets, vicodin, etc he could buy/scrounge up from people around him as well. He used to use the stuff only on the weekends until he went through a hard week in his life where he made an excuse to do it more often. Seeing no harm yet, that continued and continued, finding more excuses and having his brain play tricks on him to get him to take it. Then, he started getting oxy, and that ended quickly because of the price so it was time to go to tar. That went on for a few months. He even grew his own poppies and harvested 3 or 4 hundred pods which gave him lots of fresh opium and tea. Then, he realized something called pain management existed and of course that's where hes been for the past 6 months.

Swim has other medical conditions that are alleviated by the opiates. That's one of the main reasons that this class of drugs appeals to him so much. He also began to not be able to tolerate alcohol which left him with nothing to do when everyone was at a bar/party except take some opiates ahead of time.

Yes, your posts definitely have an impact on swim in the future. Maybe even right now. You kind of bummed him out by putting the class of drugs in such a negative view. He often comes to these boards when he is during withdrawals to get comfort from others having the same problem or reads posts about people getting clean and how great life is.

I honestly made this post to just try to see if I could get an objective answer to the original question. I didn't really get one, but will get one by watching swim first hand now. It wasn't all for waste and do appreciate your support!

Drummer16 added 1211 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

And there we have it, a 20mg dose sent swim back into withdrawals, but at like 50% symptoms, maybe less...weird. He has major cravings, which are about about 100% they would normally be during wds. He wonders how long these will last?

Last edited by Drummer16; 16-03-2011 at 02:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-03-2011, 03:38
CaptainTripps CaptainTripps is nu online
Law & Policy sections
Co-Moderator

58 y/o Male from USA - Washington
CaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline Medline
Points: 3,576, Level: 8 Points: 3,576, Level: 8 Points: 3,576, Level: 8
Activity: 17.5% Activity: 17.5% Activity: 17.5%

I guess the advice you received was "objective" after all. At least you came back and posted that your experiment did not work. I give you credit for that. Swim is on day 7. Starting to feel a lot better, the thought was going through swims mind, maybe a small taste. No need to let things get out of control. But that is what swim has said 5 or 6 times in the past. Even with weeks of being clean it only takes a little to want a lot.

Swim is glad he logged on and saw this post. Now looking forward to day 8, rather than dreading day 1. Each time it happens quicker and harder. There always seems to be perfectly logical reasons why things got out of hand the "last time". But it seems these reasons keep repeating themselves. It is always helpful to see the rationalizatons of others, especially when they are things one has said to themselves.

Till the next time.

Peace
Old 16-03-2011, 05:11

32 y/o Female from United States
musicislife81 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

The Rooster found when wd'ing off of heavy opioids (oxycontin, oxy morphone) that a hydrocodone or 2 would ease his symptoms but not send him back into full-blown wd's after they wore off... HOWEVER... Rooster did find that xanax, weed and hot baths were the best and ONLY valuable solution to wd's. Good Luck... Rooster would not reccomend using opiates after 5 days of wd's... youre almost through the physical symptoms, the mental will be hard, but if you have made it this far... keep going! Rooster has been clean of opioids for almost 90 days now, and being out from under that hell feels FANTASTIC!!!!
Old 18-03-2011, 01:58

Male from United States

Captain ,that is awesome that this post helped you decide not to have a taste. Congrats. Keep up the good work.

Unfortunately, swim's brain did the stupid logic like "well, you already fucked it up...might as well keep going." He made it two days without it after the first "relapse" dose, but now probably will have to endure wds all over again. Sucks for him.

Um, yea using them during wd's has never really worked for swim. He has switched to shorter half life opiates to attempt to convert his wd's to something stronger and shorter, and that seemed to work. Hard to tell because everytime is different. Yea, xanax and kpins are the only thing that work for swim. Stimulants absolutely aggravate the symptoms, although swim has felt ok taking low dose of adderral plus a high dose of klonopin for days when he needs the energy. Otherwise, it's best to abstain from everything because using benzos for 4 or 5 days just delays the anxiety/depression from hitting you sometimes. It's those two symptoms plus the feeling of boredom and slowed time that kill swim. Everything else can be generally controlled with OTC medications/benzos. Swim will give this another shot soon. Until then, he will have a little fun.
Old 18-03-2011, 03:46
CaptainTripps CaptainTripps is nu online
Law & Policy sections
Co-Moderator

58 y/o Male from USA - Washington
CaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline MedlineCaptainTripps must mainline Medline
Points: 3,576, Level: 8 Points: 3,576, Level: 8 Points: 3,576, Level: 8
Activity: 17.5% Activity: 17.5% Activity: 17.5%

Yeah, tomorrow will be day 10. Maybe. Swim went out and had a few drinks. That appears to have been a mistake. Swims mind is really focused in the wrong place. Interesting how that happens. For swim it always seems that alcohol equals bad choices. Ironic as it was supposed to be sort of a celebration.

Ultimately, it is the psychological part that is the real problem. Swim is not really feeling any physical issues right now. The strange thing is that the better swim has felt, the more swim has considered running after that mythical beast. When feeling like dog shit, there was a constant reminder that continuing down the path was a big mistake. Almost slipped last night, started getting some chills and hot flashes. But the interesting thing is that it gave swim resolve not to screw up. Swim said, no don't want that shit. Need to move forward, almost there. I guess the mind is trying a different strategy. If the threat of sickness does not work, how about the confidence of health.

I guess the point is that the real issue is not whether using "that one time" will put you back in physical withdrawls, it is whether it will get you back on the wrong track. Because getting back on the wrong track definitely will give you physical withdrawls. So in swims opinion trying to "manage things" is not going to work, not in the long run at least. Until, you really decide that it is not fucking worth it anymore, it will be impossible to quit. I mean why would anyone want to quit if there was not a big downside.

Swim thinks it is time for bed. Swim really wants to see day 10. However, swim has seen day 10 several times before. Unfortunately swim will probably see day 10 again a few more times in the future.

Wish you the best of luck.

Good night.

CT.

Useful insight on the principle of cross-addiction

Last edited by CaptainTripps; 18-03-2011 at 04:58.
Old 18-03-2011, 04:51
Banned

Male from Mexico
Killa Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way up

OK, let's talk about hitting rock bottom, then. SWIM never hit rock bottom either. But there is a word in Webster's called "Unsustainable". If you're thinking you can chip you're setting yourself up for one hell of a roller-coaster ride. 3-4 days partying, 2 days of feeling shitty, 3-4 days of depression/lethargy then maybe a manic day or two. Then you start to feel normal so you do it all again. That's the way it is, bruh. Believe dat. Unless you can do the exact same dose every day in perpetuity and don't ever run out of OM you're just setting yourself up for self-destruction. That's my pervert friend's advice. Take it or leave it but it is meant as harm reduction from one who's been there. Good luck.
Old 18-03-2011, 16:53
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13 Points: 8,976, Level: 13
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%

Drummer16,

I see your honest interest in the questions you posed.
Believe me, no one here tries to make you and your own experiences smaller than they are.

-But, please believe in what you are told by people who know, if not better, then longer. Believe in things told to you from people who "hit rock bottom" and are still alive, posting on here to make people not hit rock bottom.

You will see afterwards, for I think you are one of that people who have to make their experiences for their own. I'm not trying to be rude or nasty, I was one of them myself, having had two good years of using Heroin without having any w/d when stopping.
Years later it caught me ...
Then there was nothing of that "withdrawal?- invention of the bolshevists!" way of thinking.

I felt my self too superiour to cope with dirty corporal things like addiction and withdrawal.

I hope you catch my drift.....

Again, all the best
TBBW
Old 23-03-2011, 23:04

Male from United States

Killa, what you said is the exact lifestyle that SWIM leads. Feel good for a few days; feel like utter shit for a few days. Rinse and repeat. It's been worse with the OM because that stuff really has a short duration and the quickest tolerance build up he's ever experienced. SWIM was feeling good for about a week before he noticed his tolerance increasing three fold and the durations of effects lasting about 1/3 the time. It's insane how it took 9 times the dosage to sustain throughout the day. Up to 60mg a day. Once again, he blasted through his medication and he is at the top of the roller coaster...

This thread was useful http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=131829

SWIM didn't know it was widely accepted that withdrawal symptoms set in after 3 days of use. This seems pretty accurate from his experiences.

Another thing SWIM will never understand is how you people sleep through they night with your crazy addictions. From experience even with H, it seems that w/d symptoms always set in during the night, preventing any hope of a decent nights sleep after a few days of fun. Do you all have to get up and use? Do you have to use right before bed?

Thanks TBBW, SWIM knows denial can ruin someone. He is not in denial. He knows full well what is going on. Maybe it's because he never uses for an extended period of time mainly because it is not economically feasible because his tolerance goes through the roof.
Old 11-04-2011, 17:49
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

40 y/o Male from United States
sickofpills is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

i see that at the first post you talk about kicking!if you ever really get serious and want to kick you need to tell your doctor what the deal is,and not get scripts anymore.
im just saying this cause i just kicked 5 days ago,its rough but i know i could never keep getting them and stay clean! but you got to be really ready to kick to make that call

Share this on:

Tags
opiate addiction, withdrawals