Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 17:17

24 y/o Male from United States
JAM SANDWICH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Grapefruit + oxy..ingest before, during or after snorting?

Hey all, I'm aware that there is information regarding opiate enhancers out there, and grapefruit juice being one of them. The question that I cannot find an answer to is: When is the best time to consume the grapefruit juice for the best effects?
Before, or after insufflation?
Will it even work if consumed after the oxy has been absorbed by opiate receptors?
Old 12-03-2011, 21:04
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,599, Level: 11 Points: 5,599, Level: 11 Points: 5,599, Level: 11
Activity: 13.2% Activity: 13.2% Activity: 13.2%
Re: Grapefruit + oxy..ingest before, during or after snorting?

A few things to note,

The grapefruit supposedly works by inhibiting certain enzymes in the stomach, that effect the metabolizing of the oxycodone. This effect only works if the oxycodone is consumed orally.

Also the grapefruit juice should be consumed about an hour or two before ORAL consumption of opiate.

Peace

Post Quality Evaluations:
Short but to the point!
Old 12-03-2011, 21:21
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto_Chem View Post
A few things to note,

The grapefruit supposedly works by inhibiting certain enzymes in the stomach, that effect the metabolizing of the oxycodone. This effect only works if the oxycodone is consumed orally.

Also the grapefruit juice should be consumed about an hour or two before ORAL consumption of opiate.

Peace
My Cheshire Cat is almost 100% positive that this is incorrect. Grapefruit juice potentiates Oxycodone through every route of administration, not just orally. That is what he has always read.

Was your friend maybe thinking of Calcium Carbonate (Tums)? They only work to potentiate Oxycodone when taken orally. They work by preventing some of the degradation that happens during first pass metabolism.

As for the original question, the grapefruit juice should be consumed before taking the Oxycodone. Tums can also help lower the acidity of SWIY's stomach, therefore degrading less Oxycodone, as well as minimizing degradation from first pass metabolism.

Last edited by VirtuallyEmotionless; 30-03-2011 at 03:40.
Old 13-03-2011, 21:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
coffster98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

Ghetto Chem is correct. As mentioned, grapefruit has been known to interfere with the cytochrome P450 enzyme system, which normally breaks down several types of medicines. Stop that enzyme activity, and you'll have increased levels of the medicine in your system. Tagamet has comparable effects on the cytochrome P450 enzyme. However, I should point out that the grapefruit & tagamet affecting medicine issue is NOT established as medical fact. Small studies have indicated some increased activity w/ some medicines, other studies have shown no apparent change in a medicine's bio-availability or general effects. There are larger studies in the works, but so far, it's an open question.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great pharmacological info from a newbie, thanx.
spot on information regarding enzyme inhibition. Excellent post, welcome to DF :)
Old 30-03-2011, 03:37
Silver Member

VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.

I like how the incorrect post was treated as correct ( I'm only talking about the one about grapefruit only working orally ). Where as SWIM's post was disregarded, although being correct. Hahaha.

Again, grapefruit works no matter what the route of administration is.
Old 01-04-2011, 18:14

24 y/o Male from United States
JAM SANDWICH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtuallyEmotionless View Post
I like how the incorrect post was treated as correct ( I'm only talking about the one about grapefruit only working orally ). Where as SWIM's post was disregarded, although being correct. Hahaha.

haha yea right?
Anyway, I agree because although he consumed the grapefruit juice a few minutes after snorting 90mg, he still noticed a stronger high that seemed to last longer. Placebo? Don't think so. He didn't have an enhanced rush obviously because he drank it as it was kicking in, but the high definitely had an extra bang to it. (he can comfortably ingest 150mg)
Old 03-04-2011, 02:58
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM SANDWICH View Post
haha yea right?
Anyway, I agree because although he consumed the grapefruit juice a few minutes after snorting 90mg, he still noticed a stronger high that seemed to last longer. Placebo? Don't think so. He didn't have an enhanced rush obviously because he drank it as it was kicking in, but the high definitely had an extra bang to it. (he can comfortably ingest 150mg)
Cheshire Cat says to hold out and wait at least a half hour for the grapefruit juice. He also it'll be even better if calcium carbonate ( tums ) is consumed a little before ingestion of the oxycodone.

If SWIY is refuses to crush and ingest his oxycodone, and insists on insufflating it, then the calcium carbonate won't work. The grapefruit juice works no matter what way SWIY takes it.
Old 20-04-2011, 05:54
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,098, Level: 21 Points: 21,098, Level: 21 Points: 21,098, Level: 21
Activity: 8.5% Activity: 8.5% Activity: 8.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto_Chem View Post
This effect only works if the oxycodone is consumed orally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffster98 View Post
Ghetto Chem is correct. As mentioned, grapefruit has been known to interfere with the cytochrome P450 enzyme system, which normally breaks down several types of medicines.
VirtuallyEmotionless is right. CYP3A4 enzymes are present throughout the entire body; systemic administration of an inhibitor by any route will inhibit the enzyme. Oral administration of an inhibitor will first diffuse within the stomach digestive tract first but it will still inhibit CYP3A4 elsewhere. Oxycodone is demethylated by this enzyme so inhibiting it will potentate the effects.

Insufflated oxycodone will be potentiated by drinking grapefruit juice before, but to what degree I can't say.
Old 21-04-2011, 21:33
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,599, Level: 11 Points: 5,599, Level: 11 Points: 5,599, Level: 11
Activity: 13.2% Activity: 13.2% Activity: 13.2%

Swims friend stands corrected.

Peace
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20

44 y/o Male from United States
HBCBill is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

My pet monkey decided to try white grapefruit juice potentiation and was very pleasantly surprised. He said he drank the juice, waited 30 minutes, and then took 10mg of oxy. He said he usually needs at least 15mg to get a nice euphoric feeling at the onset, but said that the 10mg has him feeling really good for a change. Nice and painless. And since his JRA is enjoying a revival this year, he is very happy with the results.

White grapefruit juice? Nasty. Using it to enhance oxy? Awesome.
Old 04-07-2011, 22:08

25 y/o Female from Norway
Cherie should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

How much grapefruit juice do you have to drink actually? And you can just eat a regular grapefruit for the same effect?

My monkey has tried grapefruit juice alot with diazepam and other benzos and pain killers, she didn't notice any ephoria or difference. But then again, she never feel any ephoria from benzos, codein or tramadol taken without the grapefruit juice either...

Monkey hasn't tried it with Oxy though, which she actually feels the ephoria and high from taken just orally. So if grapefruit will work on this, that would be great.
Old 04-07-2011, 22:38
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7 Points: 2,390, Level: 7
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtuallyEmotionless View Post

when a substance is used IV it bypasses the liver so it wouldn't potentiate an injected dose would it?
Old 04-07-2011, 23:52
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from Earth
g666d probably knows what they are talking about.g666d probably knows what they are talking about.g666d probably knows what they are talking about.g666d probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 921, Level: 4 Points: 921, Level: 4 Points: 921, Level: 4

The metabolites are active too though, i am really not sure but a demethylated oxycodone looks to me alot like oxymorphone, and wikipedia says oxymorphone is one of the metabolites. This would be one of the good ones and inhibiting this process may not be desirable. (Moreso with codeine than oxy, because codeine is not active until it is demethylated to morphine.)

On the flip side, slowing destruction of oxy via inhibiting metabolic process should positively affect duration, and this will occur no matter what the original ROA (but effects more pronounced for oral intake, because of first pass metabolism).

...IDrK though, whatever floats your boat I guess. + im really tired so probably missed something
Old 15-07-2011, 04:39
Silver Member

Male from USA - Virginia
whocaresdude91 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4 Points: 1,023, Level: 4
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I tried to potentiate my opiates with grapefruit juice and I really didn't think it made the effects stronger. The best potentiator of opiates is Dextromethorphan (DXM) , the active ingrediant in cough syrup. Take a theropuetic dose (30 mg -45) and you will definitly feel the effects more pronounced than usual. I think DXM is a mirror chemical to levomethorphan (an opiate) so it's very similar. THAT IS THE BEST POTENTIATOR!!!!! LOL, put the grapefruit juice down my friend (my opinion).

Share this on:

Tags
calcium carbonate, cyp450 inhibitor, grapefruit juice, opiate potentiation, potentiation, potentiator, potentiators, snorting drugs

» New Threads
last chance to stop. home detox...
Last post by Dawn Godess
19 Replies, 391 Views
Intranasal Ketamine Provides...
Last post by CLICKHEREx
3 Replies, 72 Views
"Snowflakes"...
Last post by Hippiedave82
5 Replies, 138 Views
Xanax with Soma?
Last post by Name goes here