Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 12-03-2011, 16:58

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
DruMDMAndBass should review received reputation comments.
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
New batch of 'Mephedrone' With Aniseed Like Smell

Over the past few days the batches of mephedrone in SWIMS area have gone from oldskool mephedrone, to a totally different seeming compound. It has a similar texture to mephedrone but has a totally different taste and an aniseed like smell and hardly hurts when sniffed, so my pet rabbit says. He says it seems to be effective but not as quick acting as mephedrone.

Could anyone put in any suggestions as to what this sounds like? Im not looking for definative answers, just thoughts and opinions as to what it sounds like it could be. And also if anyone else has experienced this problem? Thanks.

DruMDMAndBass added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

It reminds SWIM of Methylone a little, but i never experienced the aniseed smell or taste.

Post Quality Evaluations:
We do not (and can not) identify substances/cuts over the Internet & it's against the rules to ask here - it's a well-known, common rule. You've been here long enough to know this!

Last edited by DruMDMAndBass; 12-03-2011 at 16:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-03-2011, 17:58
Silver Member

Male from United States
Valseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way up
Re: New batch of 'Mephedrone' With Aniseed Like Smell

swim has stocked a batch of methylone recently with a distinctive sickly sweet smell, maybe analogous to aniseed

swim would describe it as tropical or liquoricey.
Old 31-03-2011, 19:56
Phenoxide Phenoxide is nu online
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20
Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1%

There are a number of precursors that might possibly be used in the synthesis of cathinones that will have an odor reminiscent of aniseed, anisole being the most obvious. Pure cathinones should not smell like this so I'd suggest that the odor probaby indicates significant impurities from incomplete reactions and inadequate purification.

I may be right or wrong on this point though. Knowing precisely what the substance(s) might be is not something that one can do just by odor. The only conclusive way to know would be to requisition a proper analysis. Thoughts and opinions are fine but people have this terrible habit of readily accepting weak or even baseless conjecture as fact.

I won't close this thread just yet as it would be interesting to hear if there are more reports of similarly odored chemicals. In addition to the two reports here I have also heard similar reports of RCs with a sickly sweet odor that was described as "similar to that cheap synthetic chinese restaurant plum sauce". I suspect that the reporter also was picking up on hints of an aniseed-like odor as star anise is often used in plum sauce recipes.

Let's try to avoid descending into guessing games about what the substance is though.
Old 01-05-2011, 23:19

41 y/o Male from United Kingdom
solar is an unknown quantity at this point

Has there been any spectrum analysis of street mephedrone since the ban came in. In my experience the quality of street mephedrone has got gradually worse and is now very poor from multiple suppliers.
Old 01-05-2011, 23:39
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar View Post
Has there been any spectrum analysis of street mephedrone since the ban came in. In my experience the quality of street mephedrone has got gradually worse and is now very poor from multiple suppliers.
Even if there have been tests then why would it matter? The next bag could/will be different, cut by anyone in the chain, probably multiple times. In my experience (I don't take mephedrone but I know a lot of people who do) the quality has always been the same, not heard of anyone complaining of different effects or poor product (of course excluding obviously cut products). Maybe in this area low quality mephedrone isn't a big issue.

Who is to say that this "mephedrone" isn't a completely different substance in the first place?

This speculation could go on for ever, but until there is large testing of samples from throughout the UK we wont know, and even then it will only give a small idea of the situation.
Old 02-05-2011, 22:37
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Most of the MDMA available in London over the last six months or so, maybe longer, has had a slight aniseed-like smell to it. Maybe anisole can be used as a precursor to both MDMA and mephedrone? It seems pretty unlikely that MDMA is being passed off as meph, given their relative street prices.
Old 03-05-2011, 00:24
Phenoxide Phenoxide is nu online
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20
Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1% Activity: 29.1%

Typically the favored precursor for MDMA would be safrole, so I'd think that's more likely in to be present in that case. Safrole also has an aromatic spicy odor to it that is quite characteristic but difficult to describe (other than that it gives sassafras its smell). Perhaps someone with experience and a more floral vocabulary than myself could give their description of the odor of sassafras/safrole?
Old 03-05-2011, 23:47
Palladium Member

Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC

Yeah, I thought safrole was the usual MDMA precursor but I also heard that international trade in the stuff has been cracked down on heavily, so maybe mfrs are using alternatives. Then again, maybe it's the safrole I'm smelling - would you describe it as being at all like an aniseed smell?

I've never used an actual test kit but just from personal experience I'm pretty confident the aniseed-smelling MDMA is the real thing.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:04
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routemaster Flash View Post
...maybe it's the safrole I'm smelling - would you describe it as being at all like an aniseed smell?
Licorice is probably the more commonly used adjective but anise or even absinthe falls in the same realm. All depends what one is familiar with...
Old 11-05-2011, 17:02
Palladium Member

Just found this on Erowid:

Quote:
Safrole's smell has been variously described in terms of other molecules. Safrole probably interacts with the same olfactory G-coupled receptors as the volatiles in the anise plant, and this makes sense insofar as some of the components in the oil of anise are structurally similar [but not the same as -- Erowid] to safrole. It is accurately described as a candy-shop odour. Go into a place which sells more sugary things than chocolatey things and take a deep whiff. It is also reminiscent of ginger. It has been described as smelling like MDMA, anise, rootbeer, sassafras oil, MDA, mCPP or sodium lactate.
Sounds about right.
Old 13-05-2011, 15:49
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline
Points: 5,792, Level: 11 Points: 5,792, Level: 11 Points: 5,792, Level: 11
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

This aniseed/licorice like chemical is being sold locally in my area as MDMA. Its usually in crystal form and has a slight green color to it. The effects are rubbish compared to MDMA or mephedrone. It gives you slight very mild stimulation with no euphoria.
Old 13-05-2011, 15:54
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthesiac View Post
This aniseed/licorice like chemical is being sold locally in my area as MDMA. Its usually in crystal form and has a slight green color to it. The effects are rubbish compared to MDMA or mephedrone. It gives you slight very mild stimulation with no euphoria.
Wow, you must be getting bunk imitation crystals as the "MDMA" in this area matching your exact description are very good! Although I think its more likely to be MDA than MDMA, theres no way in hell its not as good as mephedrone! Either you REALLY love mephedrone (for some reason..) or your getting ripped off.
Old 13-05-2011, 16:00
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline

Well when I did it I did 100mg insufflated and didn't get anything like the buzz I expect from MDMA. It woke me up and gave me tingles in my body when i stretched. I left the rest as I dont like doing chemicals that I dont know what they really are. Maybe I needed to do more. And yes, I have a guilty pleasure for mephedrone as I used to get large quantities of very pure 4MMC direct from laboratories and I'd always have either benzos or GHB for the comedown, so never experienced the nasty comedown that put most people off it. I've tried MDA and I don't think this is anything like it. What dosage of this mystery chemical did you do?

For the record this chemical has been brought only in south England by numerous people I know. Would be interested to see if its localized to the south or is all over the country.
Old 13-05-2011, 16:39
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

I think over the course of the night about 0.4g was consumed, but I'm the type of guy who likes to do small lines regularly, so id say 50mg lines. After the second to third dose it really starts feeling good, stimulation, euphoria and typical empathogenic feelings. I'm not a fan on going out for random walks but that night it was necessary.

It may well be some sort of tolerance issue as I rarely consume ANY type of phenethylamine drugs any more. It had also been well over a year since I last took MDMA. Regarding effects compared to the MDMA I used to take, I wasnt rushing so hard my eyes were shaking like mad but I no longer consume such large doses of the drug, partly due to sever nausea.

Maybe I'm particularly sensitive to it? But that seems unlikely as I know that this MDMA is really popular here at the moment.

This MDMA, I know is imported from Amsterdam (at least what ends up in my pocket), and then distributed across the whole of the UK. I have noticed that more of this particular type of MDMA seems to be located mainly in the Eastern parts of Wales, but not so much on the Western side, although this is of course just my experience, of course anyone can take the drugs to any part of Wales...

Just to keep it on topic, I wonder if this anniseedy smelling mephedrone is linked to the similar smelling MDMA?
Old 14-05-2011, 01:04
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom

I suspect so, I even suspect they may be the same drug just being sold as different things in different places. As said above there could be numerous chemicals that smell or taste like aniseed so until someone with this chemical can spend the £30 or so for a decent test kit and they post pictures of the result this thread is not going to be very conclusive.

Synesthesiac added 464 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

I would happily like to report that, even if the previous aniseed tasting chemical i tried was a let down, I have just tried another chemical from a friend that has exactly the same taste/smell/appearance and the effects of it compare very well to MDMA. Its more an odd mix, somewhere inbetween MDAI and MDMA

Last edited by Synesthesiac; 14-05-2011 at 01:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-05-2011, 01:17

33 y/o Male from USA - District of Columbia
Adieu should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Aniseed? Would you perhaps say that it smelled sort of like almonds/marzipan? Cause if so, that would be methcathinone.

Share this on:

Tags
4-methylmethcathinone, 4-mmc, mephedrone, mephedrone purity