Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 07:51

35 y/o Male from United States
Mentat should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How does meth cause anger

I know someone who has just started using meth again recently after a long break. According to him, he experiences anger more easily when he's high. It's not related to coming down. Why would this be? If he's not bothered by anything, then he feels ok, but little things can cause him to become angry.
Old 14-03-2011, 07:45

Male from Canada
Magical Mystery Tourguide is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Re: How does meth cause anger

well I'm in meth honeymoon phase right now and it makes me love everyone... though I tend to become egotistical in a nice way, not an aggressive coke / alcohol kinda way.

one word to describe meth : SATISFACTION

Post Quality Evaluations:
this is irrelevant to the discussion
Old 09-04-2011, 04:40
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6

I may have mentioned before that my understanding of chemistry is limited, but I have heard many stories and observed many experiences. I noticed AFOAF seems to have a 'shorter fuse' under the influence of, or coming down from, meth. She seems to want people to hurry more, she has little patience for people who slow her down. Other drivers, checkout lines, drive-throughs, etc. And she seems to become much more intensely angry during debates or discussions, not as even tempered as LBM (Life before Meth). But she doesn't know why it has this effect, it just does.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:40
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Heretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,528, Level: 11 Points: 6,528, Level: 11 Points: 6,528, Level: 11
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

A few notions that come to mind (not backed by anything in particular):
Stimulants such as meth act on our fight or flight response if I'm not mistaken

Paranoia frequently accompanies binges especially as your body feels edgy and your mind concocting slights and plights against you

I've noticed prolonged use to the point of addiction leads to major comprimise in general ethics: being nice, not taking things that don't belong to you from friends, putting someone's face through a windshield because they have shorted you, etc.

Generally you're running on a state meant for fighting and looking for what's wrong neurologically speaking. Without taking time to touch in with the higher brain functions and grounding yourself in your body and the moment (my monkey likes to do some yoga and a little bit of meditating if he starts feeling uneasy, paranoid or such while on meth), then you might lose touch with those wonderful neurons that help you stay aware, calm, and in reality as opposed to a chaotic whirl of impulse and fear.

I'll have to look more into the neurological effects of methamphetamine before I could give any better answer I'm afraid.

As for the coming down part, coming down feels like shit and people don't tend to be at their most stellar when in such a state.

Great post! I searched meth anger, found this thread, read this post, and not only well written but provided me with logical information and with advice. This is what keeps readers coming back, for the facts!
Old 09-04-2011, 17:12
Phungushead Phungushead is nu online
Twisted Depiction
Super Moderator

Male from United States
Phungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond reputePhungushead is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 22,648, Level: 21 Points: 22,648, Level: 21 Points: 22,648, Level: 21
Activity: 18.5% Activity: 18.5% Activity: 18.5%

From a neurological standpoint, when you use meth, your natural chemical balance changes.

Dopamine is the neurotransmitter which has a major role in dictating your movements, mental state and processes, the pleasure centers in your brain, etc. The release of dopamine is what makes you feel happy, content, satisfied with yourself and the things around you. It is what causes feelings of euphoria. But when you take meth, a chain of events takes place at the dopamine synapses.

First, meth stimulates these transmitters, causing the release of dopamine into your brain. Meth blocks dopamine reuptake, so instead of being reabsorbed back into the synaptic vessels, a gradual accumulation occurs. This has many distinctive effects on an individual's behavior. As the level of dopamine rises in the brain, feelings of happiness and euphoria rise also. When the user comes down, and dopamine levels descend, the euphoria is gone and will not return until the dopamine system is stimulated once again.

Further, meth is neurotoxic to the dopamine synapses and the correlated nerve cells in the brain. Long term meth abuse will result in dopamine nerve axons eventually withering and dying. Once the damage to these nerve terminals is done, they are gone for good. The individual's mental state will be forever and irreversibly transformed.

Meth also affects your serotonin, norepinephrine and epinephrine (aka noradrenaline and adrenaline) systems as well. Serotonin is important to mention here because another effect of meth use is the gradual reduction of serotonin in the brain. When brain serotonin levels are normal, an individual is less hostile and more satisfied. However, when an individual's serotonin levels are low, they are more likely to display violent or aggressive behavior, agitation, depression... Meth is also neurotoxic to the serotonin system.

There is much more to this, as the way meth affects the brain and the exact mechanism of neurotoxicity is fairly complex. However, I believe it does explain a lot as to why many users (especially long term users) are more prone to being irritable, edgy, all around angry or depressed, etc.

There is quite a bit of reading material on these topics in the file archive, if interested:
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/lo...s.php?catid=57

From a behavioral perspective, many users have a lot of drama going on in their lives, which on its own can be enough to piss you off a little. And since meth 'speeds you up', it can make you feel extremely tense and on edge, especially when coming down. Add on to that a lack of sleep and little or no nutrition...

I also think part of the anger issue involves the individual themself. For example, a friend of mine is a very angry meth user. But, he is also a very angry person in general. Using meth took away what little self control he had. There wasn't much to start with.

Easy to comprehend, important information
Very easy to understand, well-written information. Thanks for sharing this!
An all around beautiful post, full of information!

Last edited by Phungushead; 10-04-2011 at 03:02. Reason: Grammar fix.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:27

22 y/o Male from United States
forbiddenlife5 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

I used to wonder what would cause anger in people who use meth too, but even though i've never been addicted to it, i did it for my first time in two months and a large dose, but this is the first time i noticed how after two days of being awake, not only do i not feel that amazing high, but i feel like i'm in a dream, in and out reality, paranoid, etc and if i was like your friend and started using regularly, i would start feeling real irritated, annoyed, paranoid, and just become a very different person. Plus his tolerance is probably so high by now, that even doing the meth won't do that much for him. you can only go so high, and the higher you go, the lower you fall.
Old 10-04-2011, 16:42
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phungushead View Post
From a neurological standpoint, when you use meth, your natural chemical balance changes...meth is neurotoxic to the dopamine synapses and the correlated nerve cells in the brain. Long term meth abuse will result in dopamine nerve axons eventually withering and dying. Once the damage to these nerve terminals is done, they are gone for good. The individual's mental state will be forever and irreversibly transformed...Meth also affects your serotonin, norepinephrine and epinephrine (aka noradrenaline and adrenaline) systems as well...Meth is also neurotoxic to the serotonin system.
This is very interesting. My question is only tangently related to the OP's initial query...is methamphetamine (and perhaps amphetamines in general, tho perhaps less so on the serotonin/noradrenaline fronts, maybe?) neurotoxic, or is methamphetamine abuse neurotoxic?

I'm just curious, since narcoleptics & people with ADHD are often prescribed meth/amphetamines (Desoxyn, Adderall, Dexedrine) on a long-term basis. Does this mean that their brain chemistry will be changed over time so that they *HAVE* to continue taking the (meth)amphetamines just to be normal (& at that time, would they have to increase their dose to compensate)? Or since it's being taken as prescribed, it doesn't have the same effect? Any ideas?

~Kailey

Very interesting question, worthy of a thread of its own.
Old 07-05-2011, 22:20
Silver Member

Male from Earth
iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1

Phungushead is spot on but there are a few other factors also that can be causing this type of actions.

The statement regarding the friend that is an angry person to begin with is so true for just about every type of personality. In my monkeys experience methamphetamine "enhances" or heightens a persons emotional state of mind.

I've yet to see a person with anger issues in the past without being on drugs turn into a teddy bear after using meth for any length of time and it only gets worse over time.

People that are happy usually become very happy and more out going, those that are somewhat average as far as "normal" goes usually can control the drug in what ever direction they want to use it, whether it's for work performance, sexual or recreational.

What is commonly overlooked countless times is "the dope itself", my monkey's uncle used to be a chef at the backyard bakery tells us stories of how back in the day when he was grillin and chillin they used to have various types of chili in their area. Rumor has it that what ever the mood the chef was in is the mood the chili took on since it was a clone it would take on the chefs attitude. Not sure as to how true that is but many swear by it.

My Pinta Island tortoise tells me that there's a certain type of super chicken that hurts his testicles like hell and feels like someone is trying to pull them out through his throat and there is a distinct pain in his pelvis when doing this type of dope. So IMHO I believe that the type of dope that is being consumed is a huge part of the role also.

Share this on:

Tags
addict, addiction, amphetamine, amphetamines, anger, coming down, coming down from meth, crystal, crystal meth, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, meth, meth addiction, meth side effects, meth use, methamphetamine