Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 15:27

Male from Romania
DA BIG BO$$ should review received reputation comments.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How long until addiction sets in?

Lets say SWIM wants to try heroin and he was thinking how far out should SWIM space the hits out so that SWIM doesn't get addicted?

From what SWIM understands if you take once a week say every Saturday then you will not get addicted (or anyway no heavy withdrawals if you miss one week). Is SWIM correct in this theory?

So how long does it usually take to get addicted? How long did it take SWIY to get addicted?

If you take daily then how long until you will have to take it to function normally?
Old 08-03-2011, 15:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
3.4-Empathy needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: How long until addiction sets in?

Are you talking about physical or mental addiction?

There's loads of factors to take in here, strength of the drug,ROA, what your using it for etc...

All drugs effect people differently. There's no saying that weekend use will get you addicted mentally ( although I'd put my bets on that the once a week would become twice, then three times etc..

3,4-Empathy added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Also I would never suggest anyone tries this drug, iv heard allot of horror stories. And know a friend who was an addict for years. And he agrees to never try heroin

Post Quality Evaluations:
The "mission creep" is what so often happens, when using once a week becomes twice, becomes...etc.

Last edited by 3.4-Empathy; 08-03-2011 at 15:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2011, 15:57

Male from Romania

No SWIM won't go for mainlining. Chasing the dragon maybe but first I think snorting as it seems the easiest. Also how do you measure how much to take? From what SWIM heard a little on the keyring to measure its strength and then a small line. But SWIM would like to measure in mgs. From where can SWIM get such a scale?
Old 08-03-2011, 16:32

Male from United Kingdom
3.4-Empathy needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I have never tried it and do not plan too. So I can give no information on what you ask here.

If you "can give no information on what you ask here" then why did you post in the first place?
wat a pointless post and waste of space!!!
What on earth possessed you to post this? You've been a member for nearly a year, and this has got to be about the most pointless post I've seen here! If you haven't tried something, don't intend to and have no info to add, why bother to let us know?
Old 08-03-2011, 17:22

Male from United States
UrbanGreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Unfortunately, the answer is not cut and dry. The physiological scientific answer is probably between one and two weeks of regular use until the body begins to become physically dependent.
Others here raise the more substantive of the issues related to your question; the mental addiction. If it were as easy as just dealing with the physical aspect, then, repetitive use despite horrible consequences in a userís life could easily end with one detoxification and this is typically not the case.
The issue is much more complex as many herein and beyond can attest. The issue is whether individuals can taste of the forbidden fruit so to say, and not want to enjoy its nirvana perfection-like attraction more than just on the weekends. I have never met anyone that could manage just weekend use for any sustained time-period.

Excellent answer, addiction is not just physical its mental as well
Old 08-03-2011, 17:38

Male from Romania

Swim has read a few studies on heroin in which the users actually had a life and a lot of them weren't addicted to the drug. They had hard rules as when and how to take it and could live good productive and happy lives. Some of them had been using like this for more then 20 years so it seems to be possible. Swim can't recall the links but may post if he finds them.
Old 08-03-2011, 18:40
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13
Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3%
AW: Re: How long until addiction sets in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA BIG BO$$ View Post
Swim has read a few studies on heroin in which the users actually had a life and a lot of them weren't addicted to the drug. They had hard rules as when and how to take it and could live good productive and happy lives. Some of them had been using like this for more then 20 years so it seems to be possible. Swim can't recall the links but may post if he finds them.
And I read you believe this^^??

Dude,
Any single one in my life, including myself, who ever tried Heroin only just once, has become an addict.
Please, before you decide to ever try it, be it chasing the dragon or mainlining or whatever, read thoroughly through the Addiction and Recovery Section of this Site and try to imagine what people feel who write about their hassle with addiction.

If you ever find more of the reprts about people who can live with consuming Heroin than there are reprts about people who nearly can't cope with this all, THEN feel free to take whatever doses of smack you like.

On my own way through addiction there lie a real mass of corpses, of my friends who tried it out at the age of eighteen, there is only one, except for me, still living.

I know this is not what you want to hear, and it is not an answer you asked for, but reading your post I felt inclined to write the upper words to you.

You really think you are this strong??
You are not.

Love and good vibes to you, what ever decision you take, I didn't mean to be rude..

Yours
TBBW

Excellent warning about the dangers of taking heroin.
Old 08-03-2011, 19:09

Male from Romania

I cannot yet find that study that I've told you about but I found this instead . Damn it it looks that I cannot post links...Well google stanton peel addiction to go to that website and search for vietnam soldiers heroin use. It basically says that most addicts in vietnam came home and stopped without any help.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old 08-03-2011, 19:20
Platinum Member & Advisor

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I can think of two reasons why returning vets may be different:

1. They lost access to their source when they returned home.

2. They moved back into a different environment, where they hadn't used heroin before.

I don't have any experince of heroin, but when I'd recently given up cigarettes I found it difficult not smoking in places where I had smoked before, like down the pub. I would expect that other drugs would be similar, so being in a different environment would help.

exactly what I think is the right connection between using and place
Old 08-03-2011, 19:58

Male from Romania

Well that might mean that addiction itself is not actually that bad. I mean if they were withdrawing they would have gone to any length to get their drug. Since most stopped we can assume that maybe the addiction isn't really so strong. Maybe addicts are conning themselves into thinking that withdrawing is so horrible so that they don't want to experience it.. and this allows them to continue using thinking quitting is impossible. But this is completely off topic..

SWIM knows of people who have tried heroin (smoked it) only once and then never tried again so SWIM is confident that this is possible. SWIM is interested if any others know of people who tried just once or twice and stopped even if they did enjoy it. But for the sake of discussion let's assume that you start taking daily. SWIM has read a study that said that on average it takes three weeks for first withdrawal symptoms to appear. In other places SWIM has found that on average a heroin user becomes addicted somewhere between 2 or 3 years of use (not regular...at first once a week then twice and you get the point). Also SWIM read that some people can use for many months and stop completely without any withdrawal symptoms (some case of 9 months regular user who stopped when his father dies or something like this..SWIM think he read that on peel dot net but the damn thing can't post links and anyway SWIM can't find it tonight).
Old 08-03-2011, 20:08
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
AW: How long until addiction sets in?

I found in your profile you are interested in harm reduction.

Best harm reduction concerning Heroin is not to do it. Period.

I see you are trying to rationalize Heroin use - but believe me there is nothing rationalizable about this stuff. It's all about feelings.
Feel free to do whatyou want.

TBBW

P.S.:

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 08-03-2011 at 21:38. Reason: erase of P:S:
Old 08-03-2011, 20:11

23 y/o Male from United States
TicksAndLeaches is a decent psychonaut.

To say that heroin withdrawals are not that bad is incredibly disrespectful to all of those who have been through it. SWIM has never tried heroin and probably never will after reading all of the stories on this site but from all of the addicts he has known to kick the addiction is the hardest thing to do in the world and staying clean might even be harder. If your going to try it just be wary of the consequences. Going in with the attitude that you won't get addicted lowers your respect for the drug and before you know it your a slave for life. I guarantee 99% of addicts don't believe that they will get addicted, it just happens since the high is so great your body becomes dependent on the drug.

What might happen is you try the drug and say you'll only use on the weekends. But then one tuesday you have nothing to do so you say might as well. Then it becomes a couple nights a week and the weekend. If you don't take precaution before you know it you could be in full blown addiction. True some people can just use occasionally and then never touch the stuff again. Please just be careful and as someone said before read the R&A sub-forum.
Old 08-03-2011, 20:17
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
dihydromoron is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2

sorry boss im not trying to be rude here, but how can you possibly say that addiction may not be that bad
or that addicts just 'kid themselves' into thinking heorin w/d are bad if you've never gone through it?
Since i assume the person you are posting about has no exeprience being addicted to an heroin
then its safe to say thise person does not know what they are talking about in this respect. If you spend just half an hour reading through the opiate addiction/recovery threrads on here
you will see how wrong you are with that supposition, and that if addiction wasnt that bad
there wouldnt be so many people posting here about addicts sick of their lives asking for advice on how to put an end to the addiction that has, in some cases, wrecked these people's lives
If you are asking if its possible to use heroin recreationally without getting addicted then i would guess and say yes it is, but that the vast majority of users find they do become addicted, and that they quickly lose control over a situation they wish they had never gotten into in the first place
Old 08-03-2011, 20:18

Male from Romania

I added harm reduction because I had to add something there. I know that if I try it I won't become addicted but from what I read here the general idea is you try it you're f***ed. And after reading some studies and some theories of addiction I begin to think that the people who do become easily addicted to anything (not necessarily hard drugs) become so because of their lacking personalities (to put it mildly). Basically what I'm saying after reading this heroin forum for more than a week now is that most of the people who say are infinitely addicted to the drug seem to be real hardcore depressed losers (no offense but most said so yourselves) who can't find anything interesting in this world. They also seem to have some suicidal tendencies if I correctly read between the lines.

Please be less confrontational in discussions
How on earth can you KNOW you won't become addicted? Please make a sandwich, have a cup of tea, jump out of an aeroplane, extreme iron, or something else for your kicks. Really, heroin is just not woth it
Old 08-03-2011, 20:22
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
dihydromoron is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2

have you stopped to ask swiyourself why they might be, in your words 'depressed losers'?
It seems to me that the poster wants to believe that he is immune to addiction, and will go ahead and try it under this assumption, so nothing anyone here says to him will sink in
I will add though that this forum is certainly NOT the place to be flippant about heroin addiction as your previous post suggests
Old 08-03-2011, 20:32

TicksAndLeaches is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA BIG BO$$ View Post
I know that if I try it I won't become addicted .
You don't know that, addiction is not only mental its physical, your body physically needs the drug or it shuts down. You really think your stronger than every other drug user? Don't kid yourself because your no different. The main reason why I stay away from drugs like heroin is because I know that I could get addicted. Having experienced soft opiates like hydrocodone, codeine, and morphine I know that they feel awesome but to insure that my life will continue to be all right I am choosing to never touch them again because addiction could bite me in the ass.

vital point: abstaining as chance!
Old 08-03-2011, 21:03

Male from Romania

See that's exactly what SWIM is saying...SWIY will never take them again...so it is possible. Also I think you might have self-incriminated a little if SWIM is getting the rules correctly.

What SWIM is trying to say is that he knows of people who could do it only once. SWIM cannot guarantee that they will never try again since their life isn't over to have that kind of certainty but since years have passed since they tried and haven't done any in the meantime SWIM is almost certain they are not addicted.

But the question remains: How long until addiction sets in for using daily?
Old 08-03-2011, 21:26
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany

I think I finally got your concern..:

Let me tell you about my friend, the Wolf.

When he was in his late teens he was very interested in all mind-altering drugs.
Finally he got to trying Heroin, used it for about one year at weekends only. No signs of addiction, no withdrawal.
He lost his interest in Opiates, and went on heavily smoking Hash, loads of, literally!
As he was about 34 Years old, the Wolf Lived together with a SheWolf who for one cause or the other became so depressed that the Wolf had to work and think and act for two people.
At a time the Wolf realised he could not smoke enough Hash to get his overwhelmedness aside and he remebered he once knew a substance that made him feel "a complete person".
-I hope you catch my drift....
He again began taking Heroin, first, like before on weekends, after six weeks he used every day and after three months had a good three gram of Midclass Heroin habit.
Long story short There is times a person can consume Opiates regularly, with amidlaying abstaining days, other times the same Person, in special condition of mind (confused, depressed,-whatever) gets stuck on the same substance.......

So,- no one will be able to tell what will happen when the addictivity of opiates comes to an adequate state of mind. Can be it works weekendly for a year, can be it catches you when you are not alert enough to feel you are in emotional instability.

This so far as to my friend Wolf's experiences.

TBBW

Great post. I thought on that one that if you try once you might come back at a later time. So it does seem to be linked to state of mind

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 08-03-2011 at 21:32. Reason: typo
Old 08-03-2011, 21:39
Silver Member

Dankfish is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I have dabbled in almost every available form of pain killer and have also tried heroin a couple times in the past year and a half. I am not currently, nor have I ever been truly addicted, but I can definitely see how fast it could potentially set in. Along with noticeable tolerance after only a few consecutive uses.

It is ultimately up to you if you want to try heroin. But as many have said, it is nothing to take lightly. I have never shot up, but snorting heroin is the best feeling I have ever had from a drug, and I have tried a lot of drugs. Immediately after coming off of opiates I ALWAYS want to do more. You have seen opiate bliss and you don't want to go back to reality. That is without even being addicted or needing it.

Opiates are also extremely expensive. I can easily blow 30 dollars just for a few hours of being high. It's not really an experience that you look back on and think "Gee, what a great time that was." you look back on it and go "I want to be there again, right now." So don't use the excuse that many people use for drugs saying they just wanted the experience.

With that said, I love opiates and am not always able to hold myself back from their dangers. If you do decide to try heroin, be careful, it can be a slippery slope into oblivion.

Dankfish added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

double post:

Sorry for the self-incrimination. Not used to this whole swim thing yet and because the site won't let me edit my posts (for whatever pointless reason) I suppose I will get neg rep or whatever.

for self-criticism, in the right place or not

Last edited by Dankfish; 08-03-2011 at 21:39. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2011, 21:48
Silver Member

Male from South Africa
Shepps80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

To be safe rather don't use heroin !
But if you have to, use once a month and just remember the time between usage will get shorter and shorter because you will start to convince yourself that you have it under control. Remember that when you use heroin, heroin is in control not you!
I was a heroin addict for ten years and i was addicted the second time i used and it took ten years for me to beat heroin addiction!

for sharing livťd experience
Old 08-03-2011, 22:32
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

As soon as swiy finds themselves lookin forward to the next time they've allowed themselves to do heroin, the're already fucked. - Not physically, but it's the mental addiction that causes the physical, and as soon as you find yourself looking forward to your next heroin session, you're already psychologically addicted, and no matter how far you space apart useage after that point, the damage is already done, and soon you'll find yourself making excuses in your head as to why you should score now instead of later - everyone's the same.

The very fact you've asked this question tells swim that swiy should get the fuck out now, while they can whilst only having to deal with some mental cravings.

Heroin addiction is such a subtle thing, and what people don't realise is that you can be completely fucked before you've got any sort of physical addiction.......

And incdentally, aside from that answer, there's no exact answer anyone can give you, it would be great if they could, but it's just not like that, it depends on you, your brain, your personality, your history, your money situation, how easy it is to get heroin - if it's easy, as in you know a dealer - you need to get out now,.............you can 'chip' for years sometimes, but sooner or later you'll wake up one mornng sick, your only friend the money that's gonna buy you your H, praying the dealer's already workin.

- Sounds dramatic, heroin is, it's cliched for a reason. Walk away now, there are higher highs to be attained, without the issue of addiction. And that isn't a lie man, my only agenda is to stop people making the huge mistake of using heroin.

Basically, there's no safe way to do heroin. Honestly swim wishes there was. Please walk away mate, for swiy's sake, not for mine.

This sounds like the advice of a true, caring & experienced friend.I wish I'd read it 30yrs ago
Old 08-03-2011, 23:40
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_bee View Post
(...) there are higher highs to be attained, without the issue of addiction. And that isn't a lie man (....)

This one is so very true, my friend the Wolf should (and could) have known better than trying to sort his issues out on Heroin.

There are much deeper insights in one's own personality (and maybe the ways of universal coherences) possible, other than just feeling safe and numb on opiates.

TBBW
Old 09-03-2011, 08:10
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

There are some Studies in the brilliant Df-Documents,
maybe you are talking about this one:
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/lo...28&linkid=2989
(posted by Jatelka who done a great Job for the Documents )

I know also the Vietnam-Files.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...123.x/abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/507021

Yes, not everyone become addicted
and not everyone who get addicted will be negative affected
or killed by the abuse of it
but there is a very high risk!

Look yourself:
Are you smoking Tobacco?
Are you drinking Coffee and/or Tea?
Sugar?
Bread, Noodles and Cake? (Gliadomorphins)
Milk and Cheese? (Casomorphins)
Alcohol?
Other Drugs?

If you chose only one the risk is too high!

Try something out,
stop Sex/Masturbation for 2 Weeks,
in the case you can do it you may have enough Self-Control

Last edited by Spucky; 09-03-2011 at 11:37. Reason: too not to
Old 09-03-2011, 13:34
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
m.swinehart81 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4
Re: AW: How long until addiction sets in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spucky View Post
Try something out,
stop Sex/Masturbation for 2 Weeks,
in the case you can do it you may have enough Self-Control
Not so sure if that will prove anything spuck...??? My good friend is a long time heroin addict and could really take it or leave it as far as sex/masturbation goes. I suppose this wasnt always the case and maybe it has something to do with the heroin addiction itself though. Either way though...

As far as Big Boss goes, you really should pass this advice along to your friend that is thinking of using. All heroin addicts are not depressed losers that have no self esteem. Nor are they all people that have "lacking personalities". In fact I think that is pretty offensive to many people here on the forum. Everyone here is trying to help you by giving you good sound advice. For some reason it sounds like you arent very willing to take it and it sounds like your friends mind is already pretty much made up. You posted in one of your last posts that your friend would not get addicted and that he would only do it once and walk away. Yet before you were saying he would be able to do it once a week and be fine. It looks as if you are trying to convince ppl here on the forum that your friend wont end up addicted but it sounds to me as if you are trying to convince yourself. I believe you ,now if not to begin with, have a very good idea of the dangers of heroin. If your friend decides to move forward with this decision just be ready for all the shit that comes with it

. My friend has been addicted to heroin for 12 years. He has had a few years in there where he was clean but he always ends up right back in the same position. Heroin gives a whole new meaning to "vicious circle". When he very first used it he told him the same thing that your friend seems to be telling himself. This friend of mine has done many things in his life which most people would find unsatisfactory but he doesnt regret any of them other than heroin. Reason for this is he has learned something from each and every experience and he became a better person for them. Dont get me wrong, he has learned many things from his time spent with Lady H but every single one of them is something he could have gone without knowing. Heroin has changed this friend of mine. No he isnt a terrible person, he doesnt steal from friends or family, he doesnt mug helpless women, or steal elderly ppl's social security checks. That doesnt mean that he doesnt miss the person he was before though. I guess I can just repeat what everyone else has already said to many people on this forum. Once you try heroin and you experience what it has to offer you can never forget it. Even if you dont get physically addicted right away the mental addiction can happen instantaneously.

One more quick little story for you. My good friend is recently engaged to an absolutely wonderful girl. She has known about his addiction from day one and has hated the fact that he is a heroin addict. She has always rode his ass about getting off of it. Recently she started messing around with opiates. Not heroin though but things just as dangerous. My friend automatically warned her of the dangers because he didnt want to see the woman he loves dearly in the same spot as he. She was giving the same exact excuses that your friend is giving you. As of a few weeks ago she came to my friend and told him that she was addicted and is now using heroin daily just as he. Now for someone that was on the receiving end of the pain caused by a loved one being a heroin addict and hating it as much as she did to become one herself says something. At least it does to me. She saw all the damage first hand. She saw all of the things that you are only being told of. If she could wind up an addict so easily dont you think that someone like your friend could end up there just as easily if not more?

For sharing experiences hopefully useful to the OPs friend.
Old 09-03-2011, 14:29

Male from Romania

A friend of mine asked if he spaces out the hits let's say once a week what are the chances of him to get addicted? He is not saying that he actually going to try it weekly. Maybe it's his English because he might not be very good at it. He just thought that in the worst case scenario trying weekly won't get him addicted. The idea was that this friend also knows of a few friends who really did H just once. They tried H with other friends who were hardcore addicts and yet they did it just once and never tried again (they also avoided the friends from then on..no need for temptation... they are not stupid).

Now this friend of mine thinks he might be able to do the same..get a small dose from someone who gets it from someone (so this friend has no idea from where to get more just in case).

Also this friend never had any issues with addiction in his life, he drinks coffee daily but he is able to stop (he didn't drink in 3 days now and he doesn't feel any urge), sugar ... well he drinks cola about once a week he doesn't think it matters, other drugs .. he did marijuana and 2c-c...of course none got him addicted..he doesn't even particularly enjoy marijuana even though he liked 2c-c but did it only three times and then stopped. Alcohol..only beer and maybe once a week if not even less. Other types of alcohol really don't do it for him. He thinks getting drunk sucks and it's one of the worst drugs there are in terms of effects on body and mind. He doesn't have an addictive personality (maybe he is addicted to games programming as that is what he does everyday..it's his really big passion) so he thinks he might survive this H if he does only once. He is not yet totally convinced that he wants to try it, he's just thinking about it and in the end he is quite ambivalent whether he does it or he doesn't. If the conditions are proper maybe he will do it, or maybe he will change his mind at the last minute if he is not in the mood for experimentation.

The reason he sounded so sure of trying was that he was trying to get a reaction from people and find out a little more about the drug. He will certainly not get to once a week phase. He is not even certain he will get his hands on the substance.

Also this friend is very disciplined. He doesn't let things get out of hand. Programming all day long, building 3D games tend to require a lot of discipline, especially if you work for you own company.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, heroin addiction, heroin addiction and denial, opiate addiction, snorting heroin