Dissociatives Ketamine, PCP, Nitrous Oxide, DXM and other dissociatives

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2006, 03:08

29 y/o Male
bluntz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
namenda(memantine)?

I might know someone that has a shitload of namenda and I was wondering if recreation use of memantine is safe(haha safe yea but as safe as dex or any other dissociative can be) to take recreationally. if so what would be a good dose to start off with. if this is not a good idea let me know I would like as much info as possible I won't be touching this until I get more info i've searched the web and couldn't find anything. they didn't even have it listed on erowid as memantine, axura, or namenda so Im asking around. any information would be appreciated especially if someone around here has actually tried this shit. thanks in advance
Old 30-01-2006, 03:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
What gave you the idea to take this drug recreationally? This is for the treatment of alzhiemer's disease, I don't think theres much potential. By the way, I got alot of immodium around the house, I guess I should start thinkin about slammin some of that.
Old 30-01-2006, 03:49

29 y/o Male
memantine is an nmda antaginost. dextromethorphan is also an nmda antaginost. thats what gave me the idea. they both block nmda receptors and I have read about people taking this recreationally but I can't seem to find any details. it hasn't been around the us for very long so I guess that may be one reason. anyway no reason to be a smart ass maybe if you would have taken a second to look it up you would have seen that dissociatives are nmda antagonists.
Old 30-01-2006, 09:11
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11
Activity: 17.4% Activity: 17.4% Activity: 17.4%
And Prozac is a serotonin agonist, doesn't make it a good choice for a recreational drug.

A few more seconds on a search engine would have given you an idea whether Namenda is safe or fun or not. When you searched the web did you type namenda into a search engine other than Erowid? There are over 40 pages on google dealing with this medicine, ask the right questions and it'll give you an idea of what you're after.

Once you've done this, and if you decide to give it a go, come back and tell us about it.

I will say this - it looks like it could have potential from the skimming I've done, but be careful.
Old 30-01-2006, 16:32

29 y/o Male
yea I searched google for namenda, memantine, axura. but all I could seem to find was official shit about alziemers and the actual use of the drug. im looking more for input on whether or not it is to be used recreationally. I have no intention of just testing it out I'd rather just go buy some dex than try out some new shit I don't know anything about. I found tons of pages on namenda but not exactly what I was looking for. I did find a page on this forum where a user indicated that he had tried memantine recreationally but did not specify how it went or what dose he used. I have also posted on another forum. im just looking for info from someone who may have actually done this not someone who is trying to promote this for it's medical use.
Old 30-01-2006, 22:22
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11
Activity: 17.4% Activity: 17.4% Activity: 17.4%
By reading the 'official shit' you can get some idea of a substance's safety, adverse reactions, physical properties, interactions, dose response, halflife and clearance time, overdose potential, and other things that could help a person decide if they want to test a substance out on their poor unsuspecting lab rat, guinea fowl or whatever creature they have lying around. It's called a risk assessment - weighing up the pro's and con's, the potential risks and benefits of a certain course of action, and then deciding if it's worth doing. Or not. If swiB decides to test this substance (and this up to you and your manatee) you need the 'official shit' to help you make an informed choice. Two useful sites for this are rxlist and drugs.com.

The lack of reports tells me that either a)not many people have tried it recreationally, b) people have tried it recreationally, but didn't think it was worth reporting on, or c) people have tried it and not lived to tell the tale.

If, after reading up on it swiB does decide to run a little experiment, please buck the trend and let us know how it goes, but do do the homework first, and do be careful - titration is the key; start at the recommended dose and work up slowly. You may be on to something really interesting. Or not.
Old 31-01-2006, 03:01

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Bluntz, if you would have mentioned that NMDA antagonist detail, I might have taken your question more seriously. You can't just come here ask ask if random pharmacuticals will get you high and expect people to take you seriously.

I still don't think it will have much potential, as it has a low affinity for the NMDA receptors. You also are forgetting the DXM is also a serotonin agonist, memantine is not. That is why there are cases of people taking SSRIs and DXM... And dying!

You should also consider the risks of Olney's Lesions and neurotoxicity. If you want to try the stuff, why not start by taking a double does and reporting back to this thread to prove me wrong.
Old 31-01-2006, 03:22

Male
And bluntz, loperamide (Imodium) is suggested to bind to NMDA recepters, and it's closely releated to morphine! Stick that in you enema bag a smoke it.
Old 31-01-2006, 04:17

29 y/o Male
thanks for the replies. actually it's a rabbit. his name is charlie and I don't want him to die(or get serious / permanent brain damage for that matter)! yea I could give my rabbit a low dose and then ask him how it goes and reply here. I also read that it had a low affinity for blocking receptors. I did read a little on it, but like I said I was more interested in finding someone who had actually tried it out. I know my rabbit does not want olney's lesions and I am aware of this risk. I guess I could go read a little more about this because im sure i would gain some valuable info, but I don't really know what to look for. I mean you could read all the facts about dex that you wanted but I don't think that they're going to tell me how much dex I should give my frog for him to have a good time. anyway i'll see if I can look around a little more and find something. as for low reports on animal testing, I was assuming because it's fairly new to the us and prescription only so I don't know how many people go ask their grandpa who probably doesn't even remember who they are if they could borrow some namenda to test on their fish.
Old 31-01-2006, 14:17
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Oh Lordy! A grampa-raiding pill-pumper! Bad monkey!

Closed.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs, drugs-forum, memantine, namenda, nitrous

» New Threads
Opiate and benzos withdrawal...
Last post by Dawn Godess
22 Replies, 1,140 Views
More likely to get blitzed when...
Last post by OTC Junkie
4 Replies, 90 Views