Register Tags

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 01:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
djsjjd is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Opana ER (Oxymorhone) - When is extraction necessary?

My dog, Swimmy Davis, Jr., has a bad back and was prescribed Opana ER (oxymorphone) 20 mg and is exploring routes of administration ("ROA"). Jr. previously had oxycodone 30 mg (Roxi's) and would sometimes crush and snort those.

Jr. has been reading on this site about oxymorphone extraction. Jr. realizes extraction is necessary for slamming, but Jr. is not so intersted in this ROA. Jr. wants to know if extraction is necessary for snorting or plugging, as some posters have suggested. Does the ER time-release component of this pill prohibit snorting or slamming without extraction?

If extraction is necessary for snorting/plugging, is there an easier way to do it than what is required for shooting?

Jr. thanks you for your response.

djsjjd added 12 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsjjd View Post
My dog, Swimmy Davis, Jr., has a bad back and was prescribed Opana ER (oxymorphone) 20 mg and is exploring routes of administration ("ROA"). Jr. previously had oxycodone 30 mg (Roxi's) and would sometimes crush and snort those.

Jr. has been reading on this site about oxymorphone extraction. Jr. realizes extraction is necessary for slamming, but Jr. is not so intersted in this ROA. Jr. wants to know if extraction is necessary for snorting or plugging, as some posters have suggested. Does the ER time-release component of this pill prohibit snorting or slamming without extraction?

If extraction is necessary for snorting/plugging, is there an easier way to do it than what is required for shooting?

Jr. thanks you for your response.
Sorry, Jr. meant to ask: "Does the ER time-release component of this pill prohibit snorting or plugging without extraction?

Last edited by djsjjd; 07-03-2011 at 01:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2011, 02:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
djsjjd is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Re: Opana ER (Oxymorhone) - When is extraction necessary?

Follow-up on OP: Jr. saw his pain mgmt. doctor today, and doc explained Opana ER as follows: "The new Opana ER was created in response to people mis-using Oxycontin by breaking or crushing the pills to get an instant release. Doc says that the new Opana ER eliminates this concern because the ER time-release mechanism stays intact, even after the pill is broken."

If Jr. understands doc correctly, then Jr. would think that crushing and snorting an Opana ER would still maintain its time-release properties and would be no different than swallowing an intact, or broken, pill.

Any thoughts?
Old 30-03-2011, 02:56
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
MindFunk should review received reputation comments.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

swim wants to know how to make an extract for insufflation (snorting) also, and so far no one is responding, as it seems no one knows.

swim bought some 95% (190 proof) alc. and did an experiment mixed crushed ER with a shot of alc. and evap on glass pie plate.. what swim got in end after scraping up, was a gel like substance with no snorting value, total waste.

swim wishes someone would share a TEK if a swiy has one. otherwise swim will have to go back to oxycodone which is under prescribed.

Please if one has an answer, do share

MindFunk added 1061 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

swim has an experiment currently going, and will post back later with results

MindFunk added 584 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

swim left some Opana ER, coatless, powdered, in 95% grain alc. for 12 hours, then poured into glass sheet pan, let evaporate, and scraped up after totally dry.

the end product seemed to be weaker, and didn't gel in nose. it still caused the side effects that happens from using Opana ER, snorted, without this processing, (for swim it causes headache and does not work nearly as well as Oxymorphone IR).

for swim Oxymorphone IR, crushed, snorted.. is many times more effective then Opana ER (oxymorphone ER), at lowering pain, and does not have any negative side effects.

Swim still needs a method for processing Opana ER into a IR powder, for insufflation (snorting), in order to effectively treat pain, so swim can work, and live life more free from chronic pain.

looks like swim will have to go on to a new medication. perhaps hydromorphone, or oxycodone IR/ER combo.

no thanks to people for not responding!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please kindly dispose of the petulant attitude. It can sometimes take time for a safe decent answer to come along here.

Last edited by MindFunk; 30-03-2011 at 02:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-04-2011, 06:10
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from United States
shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.shivakiva2112 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

To MindFunk: SWIY is asking for a tek that clearly doesn't exist yet, or is unknown to members of Drugs Forum, instead of getting a chip on SWIY's shoulder, SWIY should research this question elsewhere on the 'net and/or figure it out for themselves! Use SWIY's noggin...

To OP, pr0t0-man will testify that whatever the doctor says, Opana ER can be effectively crushed and snorted. Perhaps the time-release mechanism is intact, but in any case the effect comes on strong and fast. pr0t0-man has no experience with Opana IR but based on their experiences with other pharmaceutical opiate preparations the Opana ER is much more potent and pleasurable snorted, time-release or no.

Example: for pr0t0-man, 10 mg Opana ER insufflated would have him flying high, similar to what the guy would get from 40 mg oxycodone, except still preferable to oxycodone.
Old 18-04-2011, 03:15

Male from United States
Drummer16 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsjjd View Post
Follow-up on OP: Jr. saw his pain mgmt. doctor today, and doc explained Opana ER as follows: "The new Opana ER was created in response to people mis-using Oxycontin by breaking or crushing the pills to get an instant release. Doc says that the new Opana ER eliminates this concern because the ER time-release mechanism stays intact, even after the pill is broken."

If Jr. understands doc correctly, then Jr. would think that crushing and snorting an Opana ER would still maintain its time-release properties and would be no different than swallowing an intact, or broken, pill.

Any thoughts?
Hahaha, it makes swim laugh whenever he reads people saying this. Considering all you have to do is suck off the outer coating, let it dry for 30 minute or use a blow drier, crush it, and suck it up your nose, swim doesn't see this huge deterrent that they are talking about. It works perfectly fine! Don't swallow, it's a waste! 10% BA unless you take with alcohol and a high fat meal. That could increase it to ~ 30% but still not worth it when there's an easier way mentioned above.
Old 23-08-2011, 06:47

Male from Earth
t.m.r.1.2.3. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

I have a good friend who has several herniated discs, and is prescribed Opana ERs @ 30mgs, Oxycontin OPs @ 40mgs, Percocet 10/325s, et. al...he has crushed the Opana ERs to an extremely fine powder using a mortar and pestle, both with and without the...candy-shell

This friend of mine is an experienced opiate user, and he has tried all the 'biggies' since the age of 14, although never IV'd, and the first time he insufflated 60 mgs of this fine powder he excitedly told me it was unequivocally the most euphoric high of his life...and he is almost 29. No need for any sort of extraction procedure.

He was recently prescribed Generic Oxymorphone ER (Actavis Labs, 15mg tablets) that, while being extended release and having a thick wad of a drip the next day (so he often tells me in great detail, or shows me if I'm really lucky) does not appear to have the proprietary TIMERx ER system. My friend is eager to know if anyone has any friends who know any researchable facts about these generic Opana ERs.
Old 01-03-2012, 00:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
oxalot is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

There certainly is a serious lack of info about the generic oxymorphone 15mg (from Activas) on the web. The evil monkey in my closet has been prescribed this 3 times a day along with 4@ 8mg Hydromorphone for BTP. Of course the Dilaudid IR is a favorite among the monkey troop who like IV ROA. It does seem the easiest way for the Oxymorphone ER generic 15mg to be liquified (for purposes unknown to me), is just the simple extremely cold water. Colder the better. It is said that it becomes powder quite easily and does not have the crappy OROS or Timerx system. It does, however, gel slightly, but appears to lend itself to drawing into a small orifice (about 27 gauge orifice) and is really making my monkey quite happy. I do understand there is a supply problem with this particular script and I have been told from a semi reliable source (a doctors office) that they are attempting some kind of re-formulation. It would be a real shame if they did change the delivery system but I guess it will go that way eventually with all these powerful narcotics that lend themselves to abuse so easily. Well any other info would be helpful. but I understand there is not much out there at this time. One quick note, there are going to be new strengths of this drug sometime soon (July 2012) from another company (TEVA if I remember correctly)

Share this on:

Tags
snorting drugs