Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 04-03-2011, 23:46

21 y/o Male from United States
djgillbilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Tramadol for opiate withdrawals

So my neighbors auntie is going through intense opiate withdrawls from taking 160mg of oxy a day, and is on day 4 of nothing. she is trying to get off the drugs completely. She has 8 tramadols that she is considering taking but has read that they are also an opiate, so if she takes some off these tramadols will that just put her back on day 1?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:56
Titanium Member

36 y/o Male from Earth
&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up
Re: Tramadol for opiate withdrawals

160mg oxy-codone or morphone? If 160 codone then IMHO one should just stay home and get ill few days, maybe take some benzos for sleep if one can't fall into sleep last 48 hours. All this will be gone and in one's age it should be like a flew.

But it is all personal, beside the pain, significantly how patient accepts this pain and last part main part of pain. Accept it as some kind of flew that will be gone soon, don't concentrate on it, take a walk (yes, it's hard to walk out, but after couple minuets of walk, one will get better), don't forget about hot bath as short help -- 20-30 mins no WDs.

SWIM sure this forum has a lot advise how to help with light WDs. Tramadol.... which one? 50, 100, 200, 500 or 1000? Taking tramadol now just increase WDs period for a few days.

&rew added 9 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

What SWIM meant is that tramadol, probably, not the best option for neighbors auntie.

Last edited by &rew; 05-03-2011 at 08:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-03-2011, 10:34
Titanium Member

Male from France
zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3

spreading the 8 tramadols over 8 days might be a good way - they will take away some of the primary withdrawal symptoms but do not constitute an addictive dose by themselves. Then again, SWIY should seek help at the doctors, maybe he could prescribe SWIY something to take the edge off and get SWIY to get off opiates in a controlled and "soft" manner.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:58
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Northern Ireland
davestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medline
Points: 3,538, Level: 8 Points: 3,538, Level: 8 Points: 3,538, Level: 8
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Personally if you are at day 4, I wouldn't touch them. You should be on the up in terms of feeling better, and any opiate consumed, especially one as weak as tramadol, will not really do much good. When I had a decent codeine tolerance (like 400mg's a day) tramadol did absolutely nothing for me, no effects or real relief at doses up to 300mg's.

So for an oxy tolerance of yours, I really don't think it'll help, and will more likely harm by drawing out the WD's
You should be pleased to have made it this far, for shorter acting opiates day 3-4 usually marks the peak of symptoms, so it's understandable you'd want some relief. Just think, in about another 4 days you should be home free in terms of physical WD's.

Keep going!
Old 05-03-2011, 15:06
Titanium Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.
Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3

I found tramadol very little help - high doses were needed & it was more to combat depression than physical symptoms. It's amazing how little of the original drug-of-addiction is needed to allow one to sleep. Sweating it out all day & then taking a small dose to allow sleep can be an effective tactic.
Old 05-03-2011, 15:41
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.
Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6

I would have to agree with Davestate, though my friend Peaches completely sympathizes with you. Any withdrawal is horrendous, much less a moderate oxycodone habit. Peaches has experienced WD's from a 120mg a day habit, but she only lasted 48hrs. 4 days is great! After 4 days, you've gotten through the worst part, keep going! Flush those tramadol, they are not worth it. Think of everything you've been through these last 4 days, you dont want to have gone through all that pain and suffering for nothing. They are simply not worth it.

As far as your question goes, it actually all depends on the person really. I dont think you would have to start completely from day 1 if you took a couple of tramadol ONCE. But if you kept taking them, then yes. Some people even say that tramadol WD is worse than true opiate WD because of the SSRI qualities they also have. I believe I read someone wrote that the WD's from tramadol felt like opiate and SSRI WD rolled into one. So I woud definitely not encourage you to take tramadol for more than 3 consecutive days considering you already have an opiate tolerance and dependence.

Will it help you with you WD's? This all depends on the person as well, in my opinion. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, for Peaches, low doses of weak opiate still pull her out of WD's but do nothing for her actual chronic pain that the 60mg OxyContin's (slow release oxycodone) is prescribed for. She is able to take as low as 100-150mgs of tramadol and she would no longer be in WD. Same for codeine, she can maintain and not get "dope-sick" on as low as 90mgs. I guess that just shows how different people are. Some, such as Piglet above, dont have much luck with tramadol during WD's.

I hope your friend was strong enough to not take the tramadol and is starting to feel better. The withdrawal will only get better now. Congrats on getting this far, its well deserved. Please keep us updated.

Best wishes
SG.xxx

Last edited by southern girl; 05-03-2011 at 15:52. Reason: typos
Old 05-03-2011, 16:57
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5

i dont know how many people will believe what i say...dont care
ive kicked a few times off of heroin before going to prison, kicked morphine in there, and kicked oxy/all opiates for good almost a year ago
if your aunt can do it, chamommille tea with honey, has no opiates in it, so one would think it does nuthin, especially for a hard head who thought he knew it all(even back then), and was expecting it to not work.
the chamomille tea totally helped the stomach stuff, and seemed to generally ease the suffering, but sure didnt cure it. smoked 40g of hashplant in 3 days(had help smoking) which also helped. but nothing works

as an aside, i ofter take 3-400mg trams a day for pain, but if i plan on doing something that day, in which i dont want trams in my system, i just dont take them. no wd, even like 2 1/2 wks straight.(normally only skip one day at a time tho...they ARE for pain, just cuz i wont take opiates(right now...the 1st epidural didnt do shit, so they may have to try somethin different
Old 05-03-2011, 18:18

21 y/o Male from United States
djgillbilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

well she was smoking oxycontin 80mg for a year and a half, often went to heroin as a substitue and pretty much and any pain killer she could get. last night she was in extreme pain and depression and gave in to the tramadols taking 5, 50mg ones. after about an hour all the pain was gone but she felt like that she was high off of pain killers. now she feels like that she has just relasped and is going to have to start the whole process over again.
Old 05-03-2011, 18:29
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Tramadol can be used for opiate withdrawals, Leo did off some Norcos 10 aroud 8 a day.

Unfortunateley, 300mg of tramadol woudn't phase the 160mgs Oxycontin daily dose. It could help for one day, but Oxy's are just such a strong Opiate and tramadol, a very weak opiate to detox on. They would help if the tolerance developed by taking 160mgs of Oxy a day. Try one a see if it helps. It does have anti-depressant activity, actual pretty strong A-D activity.

I would start thinking a different strategy.

good Karma,
salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 16-04-2011 at 02:59.
Old 05-03-2011, 22:37
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,225, Level: 14 Points: 9,225, Level: 14 Points: 9,225, Level: 14
Activity: 52.7% Activity: 52.7% Activity: 52.7%
AW: Re: Tramadol for opiate withdrawals

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgillbilly View Post
last night she was in extreme pain and depression and gave in to the tramadols taking 5, 50mg ones. after about an hour all the pain was gone but she felt like that she was high off of pain killers. now she feels like that she has just relasped and is going to have to start the whole process over again.
djgillbilly,
My friend, the big bad wolf has read your posts here and told me to write the following to your auntie (because he's not capable typing with his paws):

Yes, You are right , this was a relapse. So what?
The doses of Tramadol was not this big to send your withdrawal back to beginning. Try to not do more relapses until your w/ds are over and you will be fine. Relapsing once during withdrawals is not such a big thing, no need to be afraid of prolonged w/d. So please don't give up because of one slip. Carry on abstaining from your DOC, in a week you will have it through.

Yours sincerely,
TBBW

Post Quality Evaluations:
straight to the point, encouraging and good advice
Old 10-03-2011, 17:57
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

The important thing is abstaining from Oxycodone, like wolf said. If you felt like you were high off the tramadol, my dogs guess is you actually werent. You probably just have been in pain for several days and feeling normal is an unexpected gift. Even if you were a little high, dont get down about it. It doesnt set you back to square one. Far from it. Your doing great, just keep at it and dont feel guilty if you take a small dose of tramadol or suboxone or methadone if you feel like you have to. Of course it would be best to stay away from all opiates, but realistically you have to choose the less of two evils.

That person at the top saying that 160mg daily oxycodone w/d is like a mild flu is wrong. sorry. Its bad. you have to do what you have to do to stay away from hard opiates.

Now by my count you either have 3, or if youve taken them, 0 tramadols left. Please go to the doctor, get some meds and possibly counseling if your having trouble after this.

There is no shame in not being able to go cold turkey.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:20

Male from United States
Drummer16 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM used tramadol for over a year on and off. SWIM must say Tramadol withdrawals are far worse than normal opiate withdrawals. Also, there are the added SNRI, SSRI withdrawals to come off of as well leaving you literally unable to do anything and depression. SWIM had to use heroin to come off of his worst tramadol binge...and he had to use 4 g's of it in a week, then come off the Heroin which was much easier. Do not trade one addiction for another. SWIM now has oxymorphone prescribed 60 20mg a month to him. He snorted all of his last rx within 3 weeks. Swim was taking 4 20mg oxymorphone a day which is equal to like 320mg of oxycodone a day. What do you know, now he's on day two of Oxymorphone withdrawals, which is the strongest pure opiate in pill form by far, because he doesn't have his next appmt for a week. SWIM is writing to you only taking his 2 mg Klonopin to go to bed and just manning the eff up during the day. SWIM has done opiate withdrawals at least 20 times over the last 4 years. Day 1-3 is the worst depending on the half-life of the drug. After day 3 you are usually clear, unless you're dealing with tramadol where it takes 5 days. SWIM is having all sorts of muscle aches, panic attacks, cravings, acid reflux, hot/cold flashes, restless legs, blue light hallucination flashes, and he just has to deal with it. Immodium is your friend, benzos are your friend, vitamins are your friends, ibprofen is your friend, and so is keeping yourself busy and laughing and exercising. Just man the eff up and deal with the pain. I often pretend I am dealing with some really bad sickness, which helps if you can convince yourself of that.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:01
Silver Member

RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.

Hey drummer, guitarist here:
You should really be careful in saying that you used heroin to get off tramadol and not the other way around. Saying that tramadol withdrawal is worse than heroin withdrawal is like saying caffeine withdrawal is worse than methamphetamine.

The depression one may experience when coming off tramadol may be noteworthy, but i doubt its really comparable to the pain of coming off 160mg of oxycodone or 80 mg of oxymorphone.

RaoulDuke32 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Tramadol is OTC in some countries....how could it possibly be the worst opiate to be addicted to? How could you use heroin to...nevermind...

Last edited by RaoulDuke32; 11-03-2011 at 05:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-03-2011, 18:05

Male from United States
Drummer16 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDuke32 View Post
Hey drummer, guitarist here:
You should really be careful in saying that you used heroin to get off tramadol and not the other way around. Saying that tramadol withdrawal is worse than heroin withdrawal is like saying caffeine withdrawal is worse than methamphetamine.

The depression one may experience when coming off tramadol may be noteworthy, but i doubt its really comparable to the pain of coming off 160mg of oxycodone or 80 mg of oxymorphone.

Tramadol is OTC in some countries....how could it possibly be the worst opiate to be addicted to? How could you use heroin to...nevermind...
Hi guitarist. Well let SWIM just say that if you haven't read the horror stories of people coming off of taking 1000mg+ a day of Tramadol you should read them. SWIM was somewhere near that number when SWIM had to come off of it. SWIM also was only chasing the dragon and not IVing the h. He had experienced both of the withdrawals before choosing to do this method. Unfortunately with tramadol, you get the depression, the inability to move, crazier anxiety, PLUS all the normal symptoms you get from normal opiate withdrawal.

SWIM is not saying that the original poster should not try tramadol for a few days during the withdrawal. He is just saying that the OP should make it a few days and that's it. If he does it for 7 days, that's pushing it. Plus, he will need to have a high dose of tramadol if he is used to that much opiates anyways in order to counteract the w/d symptoms. After those few days, he will still need to face the facts that his body will have to adjust to life without the sedating effects of opiates. Day 2.5 for me! This is awful, lol, but at least I know what to expect.
Old 16-04-2011, 01:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male from United States
daudi81 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2

Don't do it. Tramadol withdrawals are a hell of it's own category.

My friend has withdrawn off Tramadol, and I've also done a lot of research on Tramadol withdrawal. Those that have withdrawn off both true opiates and Tramadol usually say the Tram is worse - probably due to the multi-drug effect it has on your body - or so I've read.
Old 16-04-2011, 01:37
Silver Member

People who have withdrawn off true opiates and tramadol alone do not usually say the tramadol is worse. Thats a blanket statement that just isnt true. Maybe some people thought tramadol w/d was worse than vicodin, but very few think its worse than a heavy habit.

Tramadol is a weak opiate. Just because it stimulates serotonin and noreprinephrine as well doesnt mean its going to cause worse w/ds than real opiates.

And people who are taking 1000 plus mg a day of tramadol are putting themselves at risk for seizures and shouldnt be doing so in the first place. Its probably almost as dangerous to do as it is to w/d from.

Any personal experiences to either reinforce or rebuke all the assumptions ive made are welcome.

RaoulDuke32 added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Maybe the OP could tell us how it went for them

RaoulDuke32 added 6 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Heres a relevant thread stacking up opiate w/d with tramadol - http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86797

Last edited by RaoulDuke32; 16-04-2011 at 01:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-04-2011, 03:22
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

I knew a girl was got on the Methadone Clinic because of tramadol withdrawals. Tramadol w/d's can set in quickly. Any opiate a person is on, they will sooner or later have to taper. Whether it be methadone, Suboxone, Subutex, Oxycodone, tramadol. Tramadol some day will be a Schedule IV drug. It already is in Kentucky. The FDA was going to keep up with addiction prone humans, and see if a tramadol is addictive. Hello out there, it is addicting.

Tramadol is a two step drug. You have the tramadol (mild opiate feeling), then four hours after it metabolizes to O-desmethyltramadol. Then things start to happen. The tramadol has turned into a much stronger drug, no rush, because it is slow to metabolize, around 4 hours.

Tramadol is a drug, that was never fully tested, they wanted a "non-addictive" pain killer only by prescription. Money, money lobbiest money. They are very addicting, when taken in large amounts over a month, once, at least Buddy did, feel withdrawals. It's a depressing W/D, most are, but tramadol and it's Anti-Dep. activity will have to be dealt with also.

salgoud - they are making some strange opiates out there. I think we have enough. There is no magic bullet for an opiate withdrawal. But anyone with any kind of opiate W/D, will not enjoy it, at all, so a girl gets on methadone, and hopefully doesn't let the staff talk her in to going up, 120mg. That is the staff's target dose. Then they feel you will not feel a couple of bags of heroin. What b*llshit. Anything that gives one an euphoria, when taken away suddenly, and that includes a multitude of drugs.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 16-04-2011 at 03:37.
Old 18-04-2012, 06:01

24 y/o Male from United States
halfwaysober is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

*****I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT****
I am reading these responses and it makes me sick. so many people give secondhand information (they heard it, or read it and pass it on as advice), and also, no one ever speaks on the issue at hand (rarely)

Tramadol is not a weak opiate like codeine... i do not know the terms or the science behind it but I do know this. 2 years ago tramadol was considered non-narcotic, now it is considered a narcotic.. why??? who knows probably has to do wiuth some contract.

anyways in my EXPEIRIENCE (spell check) EEXXPPEEIIRRIIEENNCCEE tramadol tolerence does not rise along with other opiate tolerance... when im all junked out shooting a half gram a day i can take 3 or 4 trams (50mg) and get a nice buzz..... Whats the point?
The point is that tramadol acts differently on the brain than ur standard opiate (dont know the science just know what i found in light research and personal EXPEIRIENCE) I think tramadol should be readily available outpatient for anyone tryiung to get off dope (H)

IMPORTANT:***Tramadol gives you an opiate like buzz but does not stop physical withdrawal symptoms. methadone and suboxone are just replacements, tramadol is a buffer.. tramadol is the miracle drug. If you take 2 to 3 trams when ur sick, u get a nice little buzz which takes away the constant panic/fear/craving, but your body still goesa thru w/d. I relapsed 2-3 months ago. Now im shooting 3 bags at a time 1-2 times a day. If god will give me the strength and i give him the effort and SPEND A CRAPLOAD OF TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND AND SUPPORT ME (support group) i will hopefully detox... my plan is day1: 3mg sub, 2: 3mg sub, 3: 1.5mg sub 50 mg tram, 4: 1.5 sub 50 tram, 5:100 tram, 6:100 tram, 7: 50 tram, or something like that. hopefully 1.5 mg sub is low enough that i will withdraw patially (hence tramadol to soften it). I stand by what I've posted: of this is false information I full heartedly apologize BUT i am confident that this information is accurate and can help people. ITTTS ON

Please have in mind to write standard English on this board, abbreviations, txtspk and slang are not easy to read foir people who's first language is NOT english. thank you.
Old 02-07-2013, 13:44

32 y/o Male from United States
Petersen6981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

First off people Tramadol is not an opiate, it has the same effects on the brain but not an opiate. I have been addicted to opiates for around 9 years abd have just been 9 days clean today, (with the help of tramadol). It does at least for me help the urges I take up to 350 mg and feel pretty good. Over 400 is very dangerous. Remember ODB? He died from them, so be careful and good luck with your addiction.

why bump this thread without a real addition? If you had tried to elaborate your claims a bit you might possibly have added. no points taken because Newbie
Old 02-07-2013, 14:39
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,225, Level: 14 Points: 9,225, Level: 14 Points: 9,225, Level: 14
Activity: 52.7% Activity: 52.7% Activity: 52.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersen6981 View Post
First off people Tramadol is not an opiate, it has the same effects on the brain but not an opiate. I have been addicted to opiates for around 9 years abd have just been 9 days clean today, (with the help of tramadol). It does at least for me help the urges I take up to 350 mg and feel pretty good. Over 400 is very dangerous. Remember ODB? He died from them, so be careful and good luck with your addiction.
Tramadol is counted under the opioids, but has additional properties as an antidepressant.
See our drugs Wiki.

To claim you were clean with taking tramadol is therefor nonsense,- as long as you take a med that works on your opiate receptors you aren't clean.
Right this is the opioid effect - that you dont get a w/d from taking the trams.

You might want to think your post over again,- your claims are abstruse.

BBW
Old 02-07-2013, 15:00
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from United States
Mr_Spiffy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 432, Level: 3 Points: 432, Level: 3 Points: 432, Level: 3

As a ex-heavy tramadol user I strongly urge you to use something else (like Kratom) to get off opiates as tramadol-withdrawal is worse than hydrocodone and hydromorphone withdrawal (in my case). Due to the anti depressant qualities of tramadol, you feel like shit physically but also mentally where you just want to sit in a corner and fucking die. If you use tramadol for an extended period of time at 350mg, you are in for a treat when you stop, it really sucks I used immodium to taper where the withdrawal was not that bad and then used good quality kratom to control cravings. Kratom is a god sent for me.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:49

32 y/o Male from United States
Petersen6981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
Tramadol is counted under the opioids, but has additional properties as an antidepressant.
See our drugs Wiki.

To claim you were clean with taking tramadol is therefor nonsense,- as long as you take a med that works on your opiate receptors you aren't clean.
Right this is the opioid effect - that you dont get a w/d from taking the trams.

You might want to think your post over again,- your claims are abstruse.

BBW
Okay I hear you, and I was correct saying they are not technically an opiate. They are a synthetic opioid and have similar effects but whatever. And I wasn't clear enough I guess, I don't condone substituting one drug for another, but I have no insurance for meds that Dr.s prescribe to help so I had to it myself and I only used these the first two days after that I have been completely clean, I was scared to come off cold turkey so I picked the weakest thing I could find, but they do give a buzz very similar to vic, perc, so I soon realized it wasn't a good idea to keep doing them, but they did help get over the (heroin) wds.

Petersen6981 added 12 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwaysober View Post
*****I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT****
I am reading these responses and it makes me sick. so many people give secondhand information (they heard it, or read it and pass it on as advice), and also, no one ever speaks on the issue at hand (rarely)

Tramadol is not a weak opiate like codeine... i do not know the terms or the science behind it but I do know this. 2 years ago tramadol was considered non-narcotic, now it is considered a narcotic.. why??? who knows probably has to do wiuth some contract.

anyways in my EXPEIRIENCE (spell check) EEXXPPEEIIRRIIEENNCCEE tramadol tolerence does not rise along with other opiate tolerance... when im all junked out shooting a half gram a day i can take 3 or 4 trams (50mg) and get a nice buzz..... Whats the point?
The point is that tramadol acts differently on the brain than ur standard opiate (dont know the science just know what i found in light research and personal EXPEIRIENCE) I think tramadol should be readily available outpatient for anyone tryiung to get off dope (H)

IMPORTANT:***Tramadol gives you an opiate like buzz but does not stop physical withdrawal symptoms. methadone and suboxone are just replacements, tramadol is a buffer.. tramadol is the miracle drug. If you take 2 to 3 trams when ur sick, u get a nice little buzz which takes away the constant panic/fear/craving, but your body still goesa thru w/d. I relapsed 2-3 months ago. Now im shooting 3 bags at a time 1-2 times a day. If god will give me the strength and i give him the effort and SPEND A CRAPLOAD OF TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND AND SUPPORT ME (support group) i will hopefully detox... my plan is day1: 3mg sub, 2: 3mg sub, 3: 1.5mg sub 50 mg tram, 4: 1.5 sub 50 tram, 5:100 tram, 6:100 tram, 7: 50 tram, or something like that. hopefully 1.5 mg sub is low enough that i will withdraw patially (hence tramadol to soften it). I stand by what I've posted: of this is false information I full heartedly apologize BUT i am confident that this information is accurate and can help people. ITTTS ON

Exactly right my fellow doper. I didn't do dope for too long I guess, 6 7 months, 3 of them shooting and the sickness is a bitch. I ended up moving away and at the beginning I went back every third day to get high...eventually I chose to stop and took tram the first 2 days, it helped so much along with the gas x and Valerian root for sleep I got over it and am now 9 days clean...a lot of it is a huge head game bro, I constantly found myself having battles with my mind whether or not to get high and that's a hard thing to get over. I am still having a little bit of trouble sleeping and on the 4th day I started getting my natural energy back...so here is what worked for me, I moved...went back every three days...which actually helped me taper off which I hear is the safe way to do it....did that for about a month, then decided if I can go three days without it I should be able to kick it....first two days 350 mg tram, gas x, Valerian root, and a great chick and will power. Good luck to you.

Petersen6981 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersen6981 View Post
Okay I hear you, and I was correct saying they are not technically an opiate. They are a synthetic opioid and have similar effects but whatever. And I wasn't clear enough I guess, I don't condone substituting one drug for another, but I have no insurance for meds that Dr.s prescribe to help so I had to it myself and I only used these the first two days after that I have been completely clean, I was scared to come off cold turkey so I picked the weakest thing I could find, but they do give a buzz very similar to vic, perc, so I soon realized it wasn't a good idea to keep doing them, but they did help get over the (heroin) wds.

Petersen6981 added 12 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Exactly right my fellow doper. I didn't do dope for too long I guess, 6 7 months, 3 of them shooting and the sickness is a bitch. I ended up moving away and at the beginning I went back every third day to get high...eventually I chose to stop and took tram the first 2 days, it helped so much along with the gas x and Valerian root for sleep I got over it and am now 9 days clean...a lot of it is a huge head game bro, I constantly found myself having battles with my mind whether or not to get high and that's a hard thing to get over. I am still having a little bit of trouble sleeping and on the 4th day I started getting my natural energy back...so here is what worked for me, I moved...went back every three days...which actually helped me taper off which I hear is the safe way to do it....did that for about a month, then decided if I can go three days without it I should be able to kick it....first two days 350 mg tram, gas x, Valerian root, and a great chick and will power. Good luck to you.
Also careful with the subs bro, I know Dr.s give them but I hear are worse than dope to come off of.

Last edited by Petersen6981; 02-07-2013 at 15:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27-07-2014, 18:08

Male from United States
KKSJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I agree 100% RD. I'm just amazed how people post without really knowing the truth about what there talking about. It's like just because someone has gone through hell with withdrawals they want everyone else to. The truth is you do not have to be in total misery getting of pain meds. Everybody is different therefore everybody reacts different to withdrawals and medication. Anyhow: a friend of mine has done a lot of research on detox and has gone through it many times due to a broken spine from a drunk driver in 2002. He has been on pain killers for 15 years and has stopped many times, and although the pain will never go away as long as Hes around He doesn't want to keep the pain killers going all the time. Rather just when he really really needs them. Won't kid anyone used for pain and overused because he likes the high and the feeling if being able to keep up despite the back handicap.
As far as withdrawals: there's no time limit, everyone wants to get them behind them ASAP, but sometimes it's just not possible. Using Tramadol to help with detox isn't a bad thing, IT IS NOT AN OPAITE. If you don't want to believe that than so be it. It works like an opaite but isn't. See the research from the University of Kentucky in opiate withdrawal and the use if tramadol. Don't use for more than a week but if if it helps you than do what you need to. Helps with anxiety, RLS, and over all symptoms of withdrawal. If you weren't able to taper your pain meds and are now taking tramadol you are tapering. Remember Hydro, Vic's, and Oxy are very powerful drugs. Research shows that 6-8 tramadol equals 1 Hydro and even more with Oxy. So if you think of it in those terms you would be taking a hell of a lot if Tramadol . Recommended dose of Tramadol is no more than 400mg a day and wouldn't take more than that. Taper for a few days along with Clonodine. Together let you eat and sleep which are the very most important keys to success with withdrawls from Opoiates. Vitamins, liquids, gator aid and water are best along with some Imodium for diarrhea. Remember if you don't have severe diarrhea than you not as likely to dehydrate. Dehydration is painful in its self so stay hydrated. Take a walk, a car ride anything to move as soon as you can, this helps quite a bit. Remember the thoughts you have during withdrawal are the meds talking trying to make you feed your body again, they are not your real thoughts and will fade as time goes by. A pet around is always good, a big dumb dog and best friend never judges you and lives you unconditionally. My very close friend is on day 5 since taken any narcotics and is doing well. Still had symptoms, tired, RLS at night but over all doing well and is positive about his future without the constant use of pain medication. Remember, it's a disease a real disease and most people don't understand it. Starting out with pain medication is usually justified but then you find yourself addicted just like that. Your not a bad person, god lives you and is here for you. Time is in your side and eventually with time you will feel better.

Share this on:

Tags
opiate addiction, opiate withdrawal, opioid, tramadol, tramadol and opiates, withdrawal questions, withdrawals