Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 04-03-2011, 06:01

24 y/o Male from United States
kudra_caliph is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Potentiating Kratom (not another how to thread)

First off I'd like to say this isn't another thread asking how I can potentiate an opiate, specifically Kratom (if it is one). I have tried taking tagamet and grapefruit juice, both or one or the other, with kratom a few times since I started. I read that it blocks a certain ck-something enzyme from interactions, blah, blah, blah, but liked how one user put it, that it might just make it sort of an 'extended release.' This hasn't been the case with me. The effects have not seemed to last longer, in fact they have seemed to diminish greatly overall, and I can't attribute this solely to tolerance, as I've tried on and off and it seems that without the effect is stronger, overall. My question is, do you when taking kratom take something else with it. If you agree and don't, well, I guess I'm not the only one. Maybe some of you that do will be persuaded to not. World a better place. Voila

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please read the rules again. Do not self incriminate, ever!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:47

25 y/o Male from Canada
Kamuix should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 379, Level: 3 Points: 379, Level: 3 Points: 379, Level: 3
Re: Potentiating Kratom (not another how to thread)

Phenibut will potentate but that's just another drug. You know how heroin user's use benzo's to potentate the heroin high? Well you know you're a drug nerd when you're using phenibut to potentate kratom hehe...

But to answer the question Naw nothing.
Old 04-03-2011, 20:19
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Sam Spade is captain of the psychonauts.Sam Spade is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 283, Level: 2 Points: 283, Level: 2 Points: 283, Level: 2

My cousin has noticed a definite increase in length and intenisty when taking tagamet, an antihistamine and grapefruit juice before kratom....sometimes. She has also taken breaks from potentiators before and it seemed that the way kratom made her feel was stronger than if she had taken anything to potentiate but not necessarily longer. But when she takes extended breaks from potentiators then starts them back up again she can most definitely feel a difference.

My cousin has noticed from her reading into the matter that it differs from person to person. She has seen polls on the subject even on other forums. Some, much like yourself, report no increase in effects and possibly even a decrease in effects while others most definitely think potentiators can add to the experience. She's read this about more than just kratom too so one can conclude it's either complete tripe or people's biological makeup plays a large role in whether or not potentiators will increase effects with opiates.
Old 26-11-2012, 03:53

25 y/o Male from Canada
Legalhighbyby should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I to have been reading about taking grapefruit juice with kratom makes the affects stronger or lasts longer. So my pet herbal tried this tonight as I write this right now.

740pm took half of a glass of pure grapefruit juice and waited for twenty minutes

800pm took 1 table spoon of meang da kratom with a glass of grapefruit juice /tossed and washed/

8 00 to 8 45 not really feeling much of a difference, a little stimulated and feeling a little sweaty

8 50 still a little stimulated but not noticing much of a stinger affect as opposed to doing it with hot water

Ill keep posting once my affect start to kick in a little bit more

Legalhighbyby added 65 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalhighbyby View Post
I to have been reading about taking grapefruit juice with kratom makes the affects stronger or lasts longer. So my pet herbal tried this tonight as I write this right now.

740pm took half of a glass of pure grapefruit juice and waited for twenty minutes

800pm took 1 table spoon of meang da kratom with a glass of grapefruit juice /tossed and washed/

8 00 to 8 45 not really feeling much of a difference, a little stimulated and feeling a little sweaty

8 50 still a little stimulated but not noticing much of a stinger affect as opposed to doing it with hot water

Ill keep posting once my affect start to kick in a little bit more
K I'm back

900 I'm feeling very sedated and sweatier than normal

920 I took another have table spoon of meange da with a sip of grape fruit juice

930 feeling a little euphoria but not much over all sedated and a really warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach

Over all not noticing huge affects different than other time taking with hot water

1000 still sedated and very warm and fuzzy

From 10 pm to 1245pm affects we're the same sedated warm and fuzzy

1245 pm starting to come back again and am feeling tire and Hungry

This method didn't really work for me that we'll at all over all I think I lost euphoria, but had more of a bali type of feeling even wen I had meang da kratom.

Can anyone tell me why I had these effects, usually I have more of a speedy feeling with meang da but it seemed like the grapefruit juice produced more of a opiate type high

Last edited by Legalhighbyby; 26-11-2012 at 03:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-11-2012, 13:24
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21 Points: 21,833, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

You dont say what type of grapefruit juice you used.
You need to use White Grapefruit juice.
It seems to take a long time for the kratom to kick in for you, are you sure you are taking it on an empty stomach?

A reduction is effects is usually down to tolerance issues.
You should be leaving 3 days between doses.
You should be weighing out your dose using a digital scale.
A proper measuring tablespoon can hold anywhere between 6 and 13 grams of kratom, depending on the type and how fine the powder has been cut. It is not an acceptable way to measure kratom.

For example, notice the difference in weight between these two tapbespoon of kratom.

1 level measuring Tablespoon of Powdered Maeng Da Kratom - 7.7 grams

1 level measuring Tablespoon of Powdered Kratom Extract - 12.4 grams

Kratom needs to be measured, not because taking too much will hurt you, but because if you do not monitor your intake (espicially if using regularly) your tolerance can rise dramatically and addiction becomes a real posibility.
Old 26-11-2012, 17:54

25 y/o Male from Canada

[QUOTE=ianzombie;1215641]You dont say what type of grapefruit juice you used.
You need to use White Grapefruit juice.
It seems to take a long time for the kratom to kick in for you, are you sure you are taking it on an empty stomach?

A reduction is effects is usually down to tolerance issues.
You should be leaving 3 days between doses.
You should be weighing out your dose using a digital scale.
A proper measuring tablespoon can hold anywhere between 6 and 13 grams of kratom, depending on the type and how fine the powder has been cut. It is not an acceptable way to measure kratom.

For example, notice the difference in weight between these two tapbespoon of kratom.

1 level measuring Tablespoon of Powdered Maeng Da Kratom - 7.7 grams

1 level measuring Tablespoon of Powdered Kratom Extract - 12.4 grams

Kratom needs to be measured, not because taking too much will hurt you, but because if you do not monitor your intake (espicially if using regularly) your tolerance can rise dramatically and addiction becomes a real posibility.[/QUOTE

Thanks that was helpful, I used 100 percent pure pink grapefruit juice. It's just disappointing that you can't do this everyday hehe. I do notice my tolerance is already gone up like crazy. I've only been using a couple if weeks, I took only a 3 day tolerance break and the effect were better but not nearly as good as the first time.

I actually have a question for you though
Super Borneo Red Vein (B)

This strain is harvested from natural primary and secondary growth forests of the island of Borneo in Indonesia. The aroma can best be characterized as relaxing yet clearheaded, combining the qualities of a super Indo with the potency of a strong Bali. If you’re new to Kratom, looking to try something else or confused about what to order, we enthusiastically recommend this strain.
Fluffy Grind

Would this strain be good do you think
Old 26-11-2012, 18:01

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Please stop using the quote function, its not necessary to quote an entire post, espicially when you are replying directly after it. I know you are talking to me

You used the wrong grapefruit juice.

Please stop cutting and pasting from other sites, its unnecessary. You can just ask if Red Vein Borneo is good.
You are coming close to breaking the rules on source discussion by copying large chunks of text directly from vendor sites.

Red vein Borneo is one of the main strains of kratom, its also known as Bali kratom.
Old 26-11-2012, 18:35

25 y/o Male from Canada

Thanks for the message back. I though it was legit me not being a kratom expert. I understand though and won't copy and paste again. There's just do many rules on this forum lol it's almost the snobbery of the drug world. But point taken man point taken

Either way its good to exchange info and to find out what's bs and what's legit
Old 26-11-2012, 18:51

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Its a real strain, but that does not mean the site selling it is any good, or that they have good quality kratom.

Find a site that only sell kratom, then look for a site that discuss vendors and see if they are recommended.

Share this on:

Tags
antihistamines, benzo, cimetidine, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, extended release, grapefruit, grapefruit juice, kratom, kratom potentiating, loratadine, opiates, phenibut, potentiating opiates, potentiation, tagamet