Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 01-03-2011, 18:22

30 y/o Male from United States
mystery83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
need help!?!? Questions about the different thc cutoffs for drug screens...

I recently had a pre employment drug screen (a "drug screen p2 with confirmation- thc cutoff 20ng/ml) and I am sweating bullets and was hoping someone could help me clarify some things...

First off let me give you some background, I'm 6'2 and 220lbs and had quit smoking for over a year and a half. Then i graduated college and took a couple hits of dro when I was a lil drunk after graduation. That was Dec 17, 2010. So, it had been a year and a half until that point of no smoking. Then about a month ago (end of 1/2011) I took about 3 hits of some dro and haven't smoked since.

Anyway, I took several medical grade thc test strip test (ordered online and the cutoff is 50 ng/ml) and got two lines each time I tested. So, I thought I was in the clear... But I go in for my pre employment drug screen and everything goes fine then I look at my copy of the custody and control form and I noticed that the thc cutoff was checked in the 20 ng/ml box... So now I'm freaking out...

I took my last test (12 panel with the thc cutoff at 50 ng/ml) on 2/25/11 and passed, then took my employment test (20ng/ml) on 3/1/11. So, do you think I should be fine and am just stressing for nothing? Please help?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 01-03-2011, 19:13
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Mr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way up
Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3
Re: need help!?!? Questions about the different thc cutoffs for drug screens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery83 View Post
I recently had a pre employment drug screen (a "drug screen p2 with confirmation- thc cutoff 20ng/ml) and I am sweating bullets and was hoping someone could help me clarify some things...

Then about a month ago (end of 1/2011) I took about 3 hits of some dro and haven't smoked since.

I took my last test (12 panel with the thc cutoff at 50 ng/ml) on 2/25/11 and passed, then took my employment test (20ng/ml) on 3/1/11. So, do you think I should be fine and am just stressing for nothing? Please help?!?!?!?!?!?
We are looking at ~1 month of abstinence from the last exposure to the test. Based on the previous 1+ year of abstinence, SWIY wouldn't have any residual carboxy THC in SWIYs system. The December exposure was probably out of SWIYs system in a couple of days. And the late January exposure was probably out of SWIYs system in the same time frame.

Puppy's lab probably wouldn't be able to detect SWIYs urine anytime after 7 Feb 2011. Puppy's lab uses a 50 ng/mL screening cutoff and a 15 ng/mL confirmation cutoff. So I'm probably going to guess that the employment test of 20 ng/mL seems a bit low for a screen, and perhaps that could be a confirmation cutoff level?

The at home test strips showed up negative because SWIY was negative. An immunoassay screen would show up negative because SWIY is negative. A GC/MS scan of SWIYs urine 1 month after minimal use is going to come up negative because SWIY is negative.

We have a wonderful guide on drug testing that is sticky's at the top. But I can guess it'd be nice to have reassurance. Based on what SWIY has stated, SWIY is worrying for nothing.
Old 01-03-2011, 19:33

30 y/o Male from United States
mystery83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

"So I'm probably going to guess that the employment test of 20 ng/mL seems a bit low for a screen, and perhaps that could be a confirmation cutoff level?"

Well, under Test Panels it says (so it looks like this):

Test Panels THC cutoff Alcohol (add on)
X- Drug Screen (P2) with confirmation X-20 ng/ml (nuthing X'd)

So, I'm not sure if its the confirmation thats 20ng/ml or the actual cutoff for a positive result...

And I know I'm prolly just tripping but my friend got me a nice reefer return present and its covered in purple hairs (and it smells like god's va-j-j) and I want it soooo bad... But I should prolly hold off until i get the results, huh? lol

mystery83 added 4 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Sorry, it didn't quite space out how i thought it would. but here are the columns split up to avoid confusion...

Test Panels
X- Drug Screen (P2) with confirmation

THC cutoff
X-20 ng/ml

Alcohol (add on)
(nuthing X'd)

Last edited by mystery83; 01-03-2011 at 19:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-03-2011, 19:41
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Mr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way up
Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery83 View Post
Test Panels
X- Drug Screen (P2) with confirmation

THC cutoff
X-20 ng/ml
It seems like the first set with the "Drug Screen (P2) with confirmation" is the screen...and if it confirms they will do a confirmation.

If the sample screens positive the lab runs on confirmation test and that is where the 20 ng/mL cutoff comes from. That would actually be better for SWIY than a 15 ng/mL cutoff, but again, SWIY doesn't have anything to worry about.

Share this on:

Tags
chicago, drug, drug screen, drug test, drug testing, drug tests, employment drug test, employment drug tests, home drug test, marijuana, screens, tetrahydrocannabinol, thc, urine test

» New Threads
jaw clenching / teeth grinding ?...
Last post by aivolkovo
0 Replies, 1 Views
Need help with...
Last post by Sweeny
2 Replies, 46 Views
Over dose or over did it?...
Last post by gmeziscool2354
4 Replies, 70 Views
Stopped for 6 days now
Last post by Dawn Godess