Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 26-02-2011, 01:30
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
malik is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Xanax 2mg vs 2mg Extended Release

Hello,

So I had a vivid dream last night that basically went like this:

So my friend had been prescribed Xanax .5mg and would take 4 of them to get the high. Well, his doctor switched him to Xanax XR .5mg and he is not sure if taking 4 of them would get him high because they are XR. However, in my dream I remember saying he would take school-busses (2mg XR) and they would get him high, so idk.... And then I woke up, so didn't get to conclude what would happen if he took XR .5 (4 of them!)

Anyone want to answer my dream based on their dreams. I hear they can be similar lol

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please remember to give generic drug names (alprazolam) as this is an international forum.Cheers
Old 26-02-2011, 01:59
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Xanax 2mg vs 2mg Extended Release

My dream self thinks that by "school busses" you mean the long, yellow, skinny pills scored so that you can break it into four .5 pieces. Those are not XR, they are IR, meaning instant.
If you have 2mg XR it is supposedly equivalent of taking .5mg once every four hours or so.
So if you take 2mg instant release to do the job, then that would be roughly 8mg XR but it would last all day.
Old 26-02-2011, 20:05
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
malik is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Thanks for the input! However, what my friend in my dream was taking was just .5 XR (Pentagon shaped.) He used to be prescribed just .5 alprazolam(not extended release) and would take 4 to get high. Then he got prescribed the XR .5 instead and isn't sure if the high would be the same, since it is extended release. Doesn't want to waste his pills by taking 4 and nothing happening, I guess!

The school-bus analogy was just because in my dream, he has taken them before and they would get him high. He thought they were XR, so figured that the .5XR would do the same thing if he took 4, to equal 2mg.
Old 27-02-2011, 19:05
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

XR is releasing the alprazolam over time rather than all at once. If youre used to 2mg Instant release, which is a pretty decent dose, your not going to get the same feeling off of XR unless you take roughly four times as much.

Either way, alprazolam hits you hard and fast. That is most of the basis for getting high off of it. XR alprazolam is not apt to get you high like that as it doesnt hit you right away.

Why dont you try taking 2mg of XR and see how it feels compared to 2mg of IR and report back.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam xr, benzo, benzodiazepines, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, extended release, pentagon, time release, xanax