Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-02-2011, 22:38
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
The Monoxide Child is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
I am pretty sure he just shot up in an artery

Swims pet rabbit just shot up in his right hand on the side between his thumb and index finger. What happened was swim registered blood and it looked quite dark red so he pushed it in, as soon as he got it in a searing, burning pain coursed through his hand and up his wrist, then his hand immediately got swollen and numb. this was about 15 mins ago and the swelling already feels like it went down some and the numbness is all but gone. But what should swim do? does he need to see a doctor? any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 25-02-2011, 22:42
Silver Member

Bubba Kush is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Swim is pretty sure he just shot up in an artery

You obviously shouldn't be posting here and call a doctor.

Post Quality Evaluations:
smart advise, but short
finally a usefull one-liner! best advice!
Old 25-02-2011, 22:43
Silver Member

The Monoxide Child is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2 Points: 237, Level: 2

Obviously, it wasn't obvious to me

also, I'm trying to find a ride to the medi-center right now.
Old 25-02-2011, 22:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Rikki-tikki-tavi is on the way upRikki-tikki-tavi is on the way upRikki-tikki-tavi is on the way up
Points: 465, Level: 3 Points: 465, Level: 3 Points: 465, Level: 3

Not being an expert, i would also recommend seeking medical attention immediately.

Quote:
For those who hit an artery by mistake or otherwise, advice should be to immediately withdraw the needle - do not complete the injection. Put strong pressure on the site for at least 15 minutes. Raise the affected limb if possible and use ice around the area to limit swelling. Seek medical advice.

good advise and a good link provided

Last edited by Gradient; 24-06-2013 at 23:06. Reason: hacked site
Old 25-02-2011, 22:56
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Descartesx is captain of the psychonauts.Descartesx is captain of the psychonauts.Descartesx is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 294, Level: 2 Points: 294, Level: 2 Points: 294, Level: 2

It sounds more like you hit a nerve. If you hit an artery, blood will exit very quickly in a pumping motion. The blood may appear to be frothy and even light sometimes.

Descartesx added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Apply pressure to the area with some sterile cloth (or clean if that's all you can get) and keep applying pressure until the bleeding stops. If the bleeding continues, do not take off the bandaging that you are using, instead- use more and press it on top of the bandage you are using otherwise any wound might reopen.

Brilliant advice.

Last edited by Descartesx; 25-02-2011 at 22:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-02-2011, 00:23
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Leo's has hit arteries many times by accident. Unfortunately, his veins have collapsed. But on the other side of his elbow, not the pit, but to the right of that on the left are is a vein and an artery right next to each other.

One knows he hits an artery, when his hand swells and burns like crap. Veins go toward the heart, arteries go away from the heart. The high is not as good either, Leo says. However, once Leo hit an artery. A couple days later, his upper arm was very swollen. Then he went to the hospital. Leo can't reveal how bad it got. Just believe Leo, watch your arm if you hit an artery. Not much the hospital can do, unless ones arm gets infected. Leo got the worst abscess of his life. The strange thing is the abscess was five inches were he shot. And it was inside.

It's good to always have antibiotics on hand.

Rabbit hit an artery, that's for sure. Just watch it, if it gets bad, go to the hospital. Once Rabbit does it, what can a doctor really do? It'll just go on Rabbits chart, one more junky hit an artery.

salgoud
Old 26-02-2011, 01:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
Halor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2

It does sound like an artery, the dark red blood.. When you get an artery it takes the dope throughout your body instead of directly to the heart so it will burn like a motherfucker.. If you're not dead at this point, just keep an eye on yourself and seek immediate medical attention if anything out of the ordinary starts happening.

Do NOT take my advise above as a statement that you do not need to seek medical attention now. It is simply what SWIM's Bunny Rabbit has had happen in the past and what has worked. Injecting substances always has a chance of death!
Old 26-02-2011, 08:55
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from Earth
Topman is a decent psychonaut.

I agree with descartesx. It seem that is irritetd nerve. Median nerve is often "disturb" somehow when you shoot in veins in your hends. That veins are small and connected to nervs and very sensitive.Just clean the site with sterile cloth. Just do not stress this hand further, keep it relaxed and should pass. Some heparin based cream or gel might help.
Old 28-02-2011, 19:43
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

LOL swim's hit an artery in that exact same place, probably the same one. Sometimes it can be hard to tell, especially in the extremities, through colour alone, whether or not it's an artery you're in.

On many shots swim does on veins in his hands, the blood that registers is often so pink and frothy, that normally he would pull out and apply pressure - basically treat it like an arterial hit - yet usually it is in fact a vein.

So now, no matter what the site, or what the colour of blood registered, swim simply pushes in just a couple of increments, then waits literally a second or 2, and if no pain is felt, no tingling, nothing weird,.... pushes the rest in at a speed appropriate for the size and strength of the vein.

Swim has hit arteries multiple times, including the quite large one which runs along your inner arm just below your bicep along with the vein and nerve there.
Although it is agonising, especially if you really thought you were in a vein (and then slipped into an artery) and push quite quickly and therefore get a full unit or more in before the pain starts...............fuck that's agony.

Swim's hit those arteries many times, - one of the key reasons why now he always only pushes in a couple of increments first to 'test' no matter how sure he is he's in. It's very possible to register in a vein and then push through into an artery as you inject.

Swim's never had any problems with them other than the pain however, and simply removes the needle as carefully as he can, and then sticks his affected arm straight up in the air and applies firm, (but not intense), pressure to the site with a clean cloth - as even if no bloods coming out above the skin, below it it could be, and this practice helps the recovery of the arterial puncture.

Normally a half hour later you can barely tell it happened aside from a bit of swelling. - But do keep an eye on it, and if it continues to swell and/or get more painful etc, seek medical attention. And stay away from that area for future hits, not only to help it heal, but also to prevent yourself hitting it again! - As although things are normally OK with accidental arterial hits in the arms, they're still not to be sniffed at,- they can be very serious - so treat them seriously, and do whatever you can to avoid repeating hitting them.

Arteries in the legs however are a different matter - the main one is for those who shoot in the groin, the femoral vein. Which like most big veins is accompanied by an artery. Shooting into the femoral artery can be extremely dangerous, not to mention painful, if you do, always call 999/911 etc. - the femoral artery is one big bastard, and carries blood under very high pressure, hence why when people accidentally pierce it they often report the plunger pushing itself up.

The dangers depend on the severity of the wound caused, the amount of solution injected into the artery, (if any), the strength of the individual and his arteries/general health, and how quickly FIRM pressure is applied to the site with a clean cloth, the leg is raised, and the ambulance arrives.

It's that that causes the many junkies to be in wheelchairs with legs ALWAYS amputated at the highest possible point - no chance of walking then.

An acquaintance of swim used to shoot in his groin, and one day was doing so in his room. He hit up, all was good, and he lay down on his bed to relax. Unfortunately, at some point during the injecting procedure he just slightly scratched the femoral artery - un-noticeable at first. Until, after about 20 minutes of lieing on his bed, the pressure of the femoral artery caused the initial scratch to rupture, and blood literally gushed to the ceiling of the guy's flat. The whole 20 minutes the guy had been lieing on his bed, the little initial scratch had been being put unde more and more pressure until, finally, it burst.
As far as swim knows, as he was living in sheltered accomodation, people heard his cries, and the ambulance arrived in time. But the amount of blood that can be lost out of big veins and arteries such as these is staggering. Just a word of warning.

EDIT: Once you've hit an artery once, no matter which one, you'll know for sure if you hit an artery again, the feeling is exactly the same, just more or less agonising depending on the artery etc.

mickey_bee added 24 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartesx View Post
It sounds more like you hit a nerve. If you hit an artery, blood will exit very quickly in a pumping motion. The blood may appear to be frothy and even light sometimes.

Descartesx added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Apply pressure to the area with some sterile cloth (or clean if that's all you can get) and keep applying pressure until the bleeding stops. If the bleeding continues, do not take off the bandaging that you are using, instead- use more and press it on top of the bandage you are using otherwise any wound might reopen.
Only if you hit very big arteries will blood exit rapidly and heavily in this pumping motion.

Hitting a small hand artery with a small gauge syringe is incomparable to hitting a femoral with a 21 or 23 gauge pin.

Hitting a nerve causes an almost unstoppable urge to immediately withdraw the syringe - swim's done it several times, it doesn't cause the intense feeling of fire shooting through your veins like arterial hits do. It's much more of an instantaneous almost stabbing pain.

Last edited by mickey_bee; 28-02-2011 at 19:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from Earth
Topman is a decent psychonaut.

Hitting small veins can get vein to sweal even you did not miss a shoot. Then that sweal presses to nerves ends and you feel tingle and numb. You do not need to hit directly to nerve to have that symptoms. Small veins are very sensetive and can sweal even if you only pinch with needle.
Old 02-03-2011, 22:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
death&decay is a decent psychonaut.death&decay is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Okay, don't mean to hijack someones thread, but Swim has a question... Sometimes he will be injecting the needle, and before he even registers when he hits a vein (or possibly this is an artery) the blood will shoot back in the rig, without pulling back. Swim was thinking HELL YEA and took the shot anyways. The blood was always really really dark, he just thought it was a normal vein... Now hes a bit worried he might have been hitting an artery... This is usually in the center of his arm, like on top of his elbow.
Old 02-03-2011, 22:38
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
m.swinehart81 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4

If swiy injected into an artery they would know it. Believe me! Everytime swim has hit an artery, which has happened several times, his arm or whatever was below the injection site swelled up to about 3 times its normal size. You will also feel like your arm and hand are on fire. From what was said about the blood shooting back into the needle I would say that is an artery. That happening from just a vein is kind of weird but if swiy didnt feel any of what I have described than I would say its not... I may be wrong though...
Old 04-03-2011, 03:30
Banned

Male from United States
Titus needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Swim did the exact same thing as swym about a week or so ago and got the same effect (minus pain to the wrist). Swim was thinking he might have missed the vein in part or all of the shot or have had this reaction due to his body not being used to IV'ing heroin and/or it being the first time he injected in this spot. Swim gets pain in some other area's of the body he injects in which lasts a few days, he assumes it's because of newness of injecting in that site or wiggling of the needle while injecting but does not really know what the cause is. The swelling and pain in swim's hand went away but there is a tiny bit of swollen-ness that remains and a little redness in that area as well. Swim prefers to inject in veins by his ankles now to avoid anyone noticing signs of injecting.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26

30 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Mysterri is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Re: I am pretty sure he just shot up in an artery

This is my first post, I'm quite worried as I have been using My femoral vein for a few months, I only do it on the weekend, recreational Mephedrone.. But this stuff was not wat it said on the tin (
I injected my artery by mistake, My gRoin is swollen now an a lil painful.... Wat di I do?
As I said I only do it on the weekend as the kids are at my Parents... Worried about going to AnE as they will know I am a mother and think the worst!!! I nvr have anything like this around my kids....
But I've been reading up on wat can happen and I don't wanna lose a limb....
Advice please /
Old 10-12-2012, 05:10
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Joe29 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

@ Mysterri
Go get it checked out asap.
Old 13-12-2012, 09:17
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki-tikki-tavi View Post
This link takes me to a website where a person tells me that Islam is misunderstood? Uh, okay then...

RubyQ's Guide to "did I hit an artery/nerve?"

Did it hurt so much that you were unable to shoot anything?
Did the pain feel like an electric shock?
Did you instantly pull out the rig without even thinking about it or realizing it?

If you answered yes to two or more of the above then the odds are that you hit a nerve.

Were you able to inject a little bit of your poison?
Did it not hurt until right after you injected?
Do you swear you registered into a kick ass vein because the (really dark) blood just poured in?

If you answered yes to any of the above the odds are that you hit an artery.

Thank you for playing and better luck next time.
Old 08-05-2013, 13:28
Titanium Member

Male from United States
jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 539, Level: 3 Points: 539, Level: 3 Points: 539, Level: 3

some of you are saying dark and heavy and some are saying light and frothy is the blood that comes out artery. which is it? I have a lot of trouble finding veins and thought Id found my salvation a vein all te way on the thumb side, pretty much the side of your hand,right in that space where the wrist meets your hand. I was sure it was the start of the cephalic vein. but I see now that the artery is right there too and kind of on top of it.
so I think I was sometimes hitting it and sometime hitting artery there is pain and it feels like a lot of trapped product(cocaine) between end of thumb and the place where I shot. I can feel it if I twist my wrist. is this going to dissipate eventually or get worse. if it flows threw the artery eventually will it be a problem. I started going to the other wrist today thinking I was just hitting that spot too much and I was. it was working like mad for me the other day then tords the end of my session it stopped and I tried and tried to get it going, I prob forced it.

jimmyjames35 added 18 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

I thought I had just missed because I was getting blood from register and then losing it it and registering again till I couldn't see if I was registering or not and a few times I just went for it a little bit to eee how it felt. I thought I had hit a nerve because it hurts so much.

i'm thinking now since that spot is so horrible that i probably during that session did a little of everything. I have such problems controlling my needle especially as I get later into using I can see straight I cant stop my hands from shaking so I think I hit some vein, some artery, some nerves and some just missed a bit

I usually end up with short needles and i'm better with them because I shake so much that I often have to put the needle all the way in to gain control of it. I cant try and register if the needle is half way in, I just pull the plunger and not move the needle the only thing that helps is sticking it on all the way, this means I have to try to line up shots on a spot where the end of needle is still in the vein but that's hard to do too

another issue which I know how to fix that was adding to my problems the other day was I realized that im using to high a gauge for someone like me who has trouble registering. i'm using 30s or even 31.after a few goes i'm trying to register and I don't realize that the needle is stuck from the blood so i'm pulling back and not getting anything when I may have been right in there.

it sucks because I was just starting to have sessions with no problems and now it seems like everything I do is wrong .anyone have advise for me

i just had a thought. is it right to assume that if you had hit an artery, when u pull out you should see more blood and it should be harder to clot? i figure that should be an easy way to identify if you hit an artery

Last edited by jimmyjames35; 09-05-2013 at 05:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-06-2013, 17:11

28 y/o Male from United States
wishInever is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

has anyone ever seen swim geyser blood and dope from where he hit when swim pulled out the rig. swim didnt get intense pains or swelling but every once in awhile certain spots will spray when pulling out the syringe. Swim needs to know if anyone else ever has this problem and if his assumptions are correct even though the usual symptoms of hitting and arterie are not prevalent.

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 22-06-2013, 18:33
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerupbeautyqueen View Post
This link takes me to a website where a person tells me that Islam is misunderstood? Uh, okay then...
The website has been hacked and defaced unfortunately - strange the admin of the site haven't done anything about it yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishInever View Post
has anyone ever seen swim geyser blood and dope from where he hit when swim pulled out the rig. swim didnt get intense pains or swelling but every once in awhile certain spots will spray when pulling out the syringe. Swim needs to know if anyone else ever has this problem and if his assumptions are correct even though the usual symptoms of hitting and arterie are not prevalent.
wishInever: Welcome to DF. Just to let you know for future posts, there is no need to use swim anymore on the site.
In answer to your query though, the spots spraying back into the barrel are nothing to worry about, it's just blood left in the tip - pulling out the needle releases pressure causing the blood to spray back. It's no sign that you have been in an artery.. it is a sign that you have been in a vein though.
Old 24-06-2013, 20:28

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
lloydsLSD should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

My friend did exactly the same thing once, injecting just on the bicep side where your arm bends in the middle (about a cm further up from the inside of the elbow, where he goes most of the time, and where nurses always take blood from.) He felt the exact same, instant symptoms as you did, along with a prickly sensation on the top of his head. His hand and arm went red, was swollen, itchy, and his hand was numb. Luckilly he stopped pushing in the needle immediately, otherwise it could have been very serious, even fatal, I heard.
He knows now it was an artery because he can feel a pulse in exactly that spot.

So you can see how people have to be so careful. He didn't go hospital or doctors and was ok, but it shook him up and made him take extra care in the future never to go in the same spot. What was so bad about it was how close it was to where he always goes.

Share this on:

Tags
artery shot, swelling at injection site

» New Threads
Which liquid drug did these people...
Last post by MrG
4 Replies, 220 Views
Kanna and list of herbs..
Last post by Castillo1
11 Replies, 296 Views
Addiction is a Bastard !!
Last post by ex-junkie