Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 21-01-2006, 05:53
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Carisoprodol Vs Meprobamate

I have taken several benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, lorazepam and diazepam but never have I taken meprobamate. Meprobamate isn't a benzodiazepine, but I've read that the effects are similar. The popular muscle-relaxant carisprodol (brand name Soma) metabolizes into meprobamate, so the two drugs are essentially the same. Has anyone ever been prescribed to meprobamate or carisprodol, or at least taken it once before? If so, what are the general subjective effects, how long do they last, and how are the effects similar to the general feel of the benzodiazepines? Also can anyone could compare meprobamate/carisporodol to the effects of an intermediate-acting barbiturate, if not any of the benzo's?
Old 21-01-2006, 06:31
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Meprobamate, as well as high doses of soma - carisoprodol - feel more like a barbituate than a benzodiazepine. More physically sedating and mind-numbing. Meprobamate, sold most commonly under the trade name Milltown, were the first wave of so-called minor tranquilizers that swept the USA in the 1950's. The idea being that one could take them and still be awake, whereas with barbituates the idea was to knock you out flat. Also barbituates were well known to be very addictive, and meprobamate was considered non-addictive. Of course we found out later that psychic dependence was a distinct possibility. As well as withdrawl symptoms after prolonged, heavy usage.

Due to the highly sedating nature and mind-numbing effects, the use of meprobamate dropped like a rock when valium, the first benzodiazepine marketed - was introduced.

If your lab rat runs into these, hide his car keys. The only party these would be appropriate for would be a slumber party.
Old 26-01-2006, 17:51
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
Soma dose and meprobamate dose?

Whats the equal does for soma and meprobamate? Swim hears that 700mg's of soma is a good starting dose but what about the meprobamate?

Some turns into meprobamate in the body so what is the conversion rate? How much meprobamate would be equal to 700mg's of soma?
Old 26-01-2006, 17:59
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
For the last time, generics are the SAME as the name brands. If it's Soma or Miltown or whatever, it's all meprobamate.

http://www.doitnow.org/pages/537.html

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is incorrect! Soma & Miltown are NOT the same drug! This is very dangerous & incorrect information. Just because one is a pro-drug of the other does NOT make them the same.

Last edited by Pinkavvy; 26-01-2006 at 23:02.
Old 26-01-2006, 18:03
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.
Soma turns into Meprobamate in the body. Meprogesic is the brand. How did you get to be a platinum member lol
Old 26-01-2006, 20:37
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
You really have no idea what your talking about.

Quote:

That's because Soma is, literally, two drugs in one: The first, carisoprodol (as it's known generically), is a muscle relaxant. At least, it starts that way. But as it's metabolized by the body, it transforms into a different drug altogether: meprobamate.

Last edited by oggy; 27-01-2006 at 13:42.
Old 26-01-2006, 23:01
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Swim admits a mistake here, and is sorry. Swim hasn't studied meprobamate and soma's in a while. Good looking out, oggy ... however to say I'm dumb when this is the first out of probably all 171 of your posts that you weren't wrong in is well, ignorant.
Old 27-01-2006, 13:41
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
Anyway back to the question how much meprobamate does one need to feel good?
Old 27-01-2006, 13:52
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
How much meprobamate to take?

Meprobamate is what some turns into in the body but swim has pure meprobamate and is not to sure what would be a good starting dose.
Each one has 300 mg Acetylsalicylic Acid and 200 mg Meprobamate USP. On the packet it says take 1-2 tablets three times a day.

So how many to feel nice
Old 27-01-2006, 16:49
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11 Points: 6,219, Level: 11
Activity: 17.0% Activity: 17.0% Activity: 17.0%
First of all, let's quit the bickering kittlings - it's unbecoming, and just wastes valuable server space.

Secondly, Oggy - before you go any further you need to seriously look at what you're doing to yourself and why, not to mention looking into doing some extraction. Acetylsalicylic acid = aspirin, which taken at high doses, regularly or even once, can seriously damage you if you're lucky, be potentially fatal if you're not. Please be careful with salycylates and paracetomol. The overdose isn't pretty, and can take up to 72 hours to kick in, by which time it's too late. Do some homework - if you can spend 5 minutes here, you can spend 5 minutes on google looking at what the various concoctions you seem to have at your disposal actually will do to your body.

From your posts so far you seem to be on a bit of self-destruct, or at least on the run from something. Get some help before you proper fuck yourself up mate. Please don't be another statistic on the NHS self-harm lists.

Good advice!
Old 28-01-2006, 20:52
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
OK sorry guys. I'm not getting wasted that often its just I got a new order in and i was excited and coulldn't fined much about meprobamate as there is not much talk of it on here and neither on other sites. Can anyone tell me the equal dose from meprobamate and soma?
Old 03-10-2007, 00:32
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
merc11292 is an unknown quantity at this point
soma (carisoprodol) vs miltown (Meprobamate)

swim has heard Meprobamate is hard to come by, and has been receiving carisoprodol for both back pain and off label sleep use. Swim recently discovered that Meprobamate was one of the initial drugs used to treat high blood pressure which swim has. Swim's doctor is very nice and open minded and is willing to prescribe Meprobamate for swims sleeping problems hoping it will also help with the high blood pressure. So what swim really wants to know is, would it be worth having swims soma script changed to miltown, is it any better recreationally and does it also have the muscle relaxant properties?

any feedback is appreciated, Merc
Old 03-10-2007, 01:00
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Re: soma (carisoprodol) vs miltown (Meprobamate)

Carisoprodol metabolizes into meprobamate (Miltown) in vivo (in Swim's body). In other words - SWIM is already taking meprobamate whenever SWIM takes Soma.

SWIM could change the prescription to meprobamate, but the the only viable reason for doing so would be a cost differential - which one is cheaper? I'd like to hear what SWIM's doctor has to say when confronted with this information. Many doctors have low knowledge when it comes to chemistry. They tend to rely on the PDR.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:17
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
merc11292 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: soma (carisoprodol) vs miltown (Meprobamate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2 View Post
Carisoprodol metabolizes into meprobamate (Miltown) in vivo (in Swim's body). In other words - SWIM is already taking meprobamate whenever SWIM takes Soma.

SWIM could change the prescription to meprobamate, but the the only viable reason for doing so would be a cost differential - which one is cheaper? I'd like to hear what SWIM's doctor has to say when confronted with this information. Many doctors have low knowledge when it comes to chemistry. They tend to rely on the PDR.
yes swim knows this, but makes the assumption that if meprobamate itself was taken instead of being metabolized into it, it would both work faster and be stronger. Like morphine feels stronger than codeine even though codeine metabolizes into it, or atleast it seems to be stronger.
Old 17-11-2009, 18:38

23 y/o Male
PsychaGuru18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Re: Carisoprodol Vs Meprobamate

Swim would also suggest perhaps a different form of intoxification. Swim happens to remember an incident where he was out of everything and in a really rough time, popped about 7 or 8 of those bad boys (Soma), and woke up 3 days later in the hospital :O. Very powerful as far as knocking you out, one to two is good to help sleep, and feels nice for swiy if you stay awake. Wishes swiy best of luck.
Old 22-11-2009, 23:48

24 y/o Male
Roxicodone is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Well, the half life of carisoprodol is listed as 8 hours, whereas meprobamate's half life seems to be 10 hours. Still, the drugs are for the most part very similar if not the same in effect. Dosage equivalence is unknown, but carisoprodol is made in 350mg tabs and maprobamate is made in 200 and 400mg tabs so maybe they're the same if not close?
Old 04-12-2009, 18:23
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Eden is captain of the psychonauts.Eden is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2

Yikes!Swim is reminded of an accidental overdose his dyslexic giraffe once endured.He had gotten into the habit of crushing his Soma tabs because,as is for many addicts it just didnt kick in fast or strong enough the other way.At any rate he had crushed several tabs(3-6?) and downed them with with approx. 1/2 gallon of extremely strong potentiated poppy pod tea.As is often the case,after taking the tea for an extended period of months swim's poor little giraffie had developed a monsterous tolerance and just couldnt seem to to get that "pink cloud" experience any more,hence the mixing of the two substances.At last,I digress,what was to follow was 24 hours of the worst hell he had ever been through in his many years of substance enjoyment.Extreme nausea and vomiting,every cell in his body seemed to cry out in agony and he was completely drenched in sweat.Seriously,you could literally wring out his t-shirts.Severe light sensitivity coupled with the worst headache and stomach pain the poor little creature had ever endured!In a nutshell,PLEASE be very careful with the Soma,it is not to be taken lightly.

interesting experience report - thanks for sharing, and reminding people of the dangers of mixing drugs!
Old 31-01-2010, 11:23

34 y/o Male
Grabnar should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

swim thinks soma is just like drinking without any of the mental or emotional effects swim also thinks it combines well with many opiates if swim is runnin low
Old 27-02-2010, 23:23
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Seriously though, can anyone give an answer to the question. Swim would surmise with the above comparison of Carisoprodol to Meprobamate tablets as (250mg,350mg) and (200mg,400mg), respectively. So, it might seem logical to some cats at it may be a good NUMERICAL estimate for equipotency. One needs to use one's terms better. Does any Swimmer have any existential experience with both meprobamate AND carisoprodol, such that one could provide some qualitative information?

Geesh!

good attempt to steer things back on-topic. A topic, I might add, which has never been answered!
GOOD question! Carisoprodol vs. meprobamate
Old 30-07-2012, 19:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
MusiciansMallet is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I'd like to revive this thread b/c I am interested in meprobamate versus carisoprodol.. I've extensively used carisoprodol, & am considering using meprobamate... I've heard experiences of mepro on both spectrums..

Sooo...anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkavvy View Post
For the last time, generics are the SAME as the name brands. If it's Soma or Miltown or whatever, it's all meprobamate.
As previously mentioned... um, "Soma" and "Miltown" are NOT the same drugs. Just b/c SOME of carisoprodol is metabolized via hepatic CYP450 enzymes into meprobamate, this absolutely doesn't mean they're the same chemicals. This would be like saying codeine or heroin is the same as morphine b/c they're PARTIALLY metabolized into the latter mentioned drug.

ridiculous.

MusiciansMallet added 8 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkavvy View Post
Swim admits a mistake here, and is sorry. Swim hasn't studied meprobamate and soma's in a while. Good looking out, oggy ... however to say I'm dumb when this is the first out of probably all 171 of your posts that you weren't wrong in is well, ignorant.
Well, in my view- it's quite ignorant to post on something you haven't "studied" (to any significant degree whatsoever, at least by the looks of your original post). So i'm glad you now realize soma isn't "literally two drugs in one".... because it isn't. its literally one drug: carisoprodol. Umm, a quick google search before posting would've prevented your mistake. I think that this is more "ignorant" than those who pointed out your very VERY misinformation. But, that's just my view. And my $0.02

Last edited by MusiciansMallet; 30-07-2012 at 19:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-08-2012, 18:48

Male from Earth
the Rodzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

about two years ago my weasel had a script for QUANIL meprobamate 400mg, it is completely different from benzo
and very similar to soma. My weasel say to my when he ate four felt very relaxed and a little clouded, but eating six or seven his mind was fucked and his muscles were not working, was at the restaurant could not bring his dinnerfork to his mouth and could not speak...He formulated a thought but it only came out: bablalblayayayaybaa her cat was very impressed of this situation four-five hours weasel came back tolerably sober...Weasel say recreationa quiet dose is 1200mg for him
Old 23-10-2013, 08:04

22 y/o Male from United States
jda2020947 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I have extensive experience with carisoprodol. Limited experience with meprobamate. However i believe that soma(carisoprodol) is actually more potent. meprobamate also does not induce the tremors, a very unique property with recreational soma usage. Which is usually combined with some sort of opiate, such as codeine or hydrocodone. A sort of shake and a strong slur. Very unique slur that makes the intoxication quite obvious to anyone who has seen someone "loaded" on soma. I was introduced to "loads" four or five years ago by older hippies in their sixties who took the soma at doses of 4-7 tablets and 2-4 Tylenol #4s. I am currently in a predicament where i cannot take opiates so i substitute tramadol or kratom. My current dose is 7 soma and 4-5 tramadol or 6-10 grams of kratom. I also take an aspirin one hour prior to dosing, which helps the carisoprodol metabolize into meprobamate. Its clear that soma has effects of its own however.

Share this on:

Tags
carisoprodol, carisprodol, drug, drugs-forum, soma, tolerance