Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-02-2011, 11:48
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%
Is Oxycodone "Immunity" Possible?

Hedgehog said:

I've done oxycodone many times and never gotten any feeling from it. 10mgs here, 20mgs there, all without a tolerance, and without any percievable effect. I've also done much higher doses on occassion, both sober and while on other opiates, and still never felt anything. Some of such incidents which stand out the most:

(these were all verified oxycodone pills, and were taken orally, the full dose at one time)

- Took 300mgs of oxycodone while in heroin withdrawal from a meager 2 bag a day habit of average quality Chicago dope. No relief or change at all.

- Took 120mgs of oxycodone while on .5mg of suboxone. Felt nothing.

- Took 150mgs with no tolerance, felt nothing.

- Took 300mgs after .5mgs of suboxone 24 hours earlier. No effect.

Is it possible I just don't metabolize oxycodone or something like that? Because at those doses I don't think there is any way you could not feel them; shit, some of them should be fatal to someone with a low to non-existant tolerance, no? And again, these were 100% certain to be oxycodone pills.

Has anyone heard of or experienced anything like this with oxycodone, or any other type of opiate?

Last edited by dyingtomorrow; 19-02-2011 at 11:57.
Old 19-02-2011, 12:56
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Is Oxycodone "Immunity" Possible?

Not immunity or tolerance per se, but a genetic inability to metabolise certain opioids is certainly a possibility. It's mostly noted in pain management where individuals differ in their responses to the analgesic effect of opioids - this is for a variety of reasons, including genetic variants that control for the range of opioid receptors and subtle differences in the receptor-binding profiles of opioids.
These alterations play a part in influencing response to opioids in terms of efficacy and tolerability, and several factors contributing to this metabolic variability have been identified (again, many variables here are linked to genetics and the rate and pathways used to metabolise certain drugs). The variability is largely based on lack of certain enzymes, so...
Oxycodone is metabolized by CYP3A4 to noroxycodone and by CYP2D6 to oxymorphone - a lack of either enzyme can alter or impair response to oxycodone.
An estimated 5% to 10% of white people possess genetic variants of the CYP2D6 gene that are associated with reduced clearance of drugs metabolized by this isoenzyme (source: Opioid Metabolism, Mayo Clinic Proceedings - which I'll attach to this post).

So perhaps hedgehog is in that section of the population who have this alteration - personally, after reading many of the hedgehogs posts here, catty wouldn't be surprised if there was a distinct and biological reason attached to the hedgehogs response to opioids in general.
On a side note, has the hedgehog ever tried Tramadol, and if so what effect did they have?

Post Quality Evaluations:
extremely well articulated and informative post
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mayo.pdf (374.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 19-02-2011, 13:35
R.I.P.

dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Hedgehog said:

Hey catseye - thanks so much for the informative post! glad to hear it could be something simple and isn't just in my head.

Unfortunately Hedgehog has never tried Tramadol, for the simple reason that he's never come across any. It's his understanding though that it does something with your serotonin? Besides MDMA, every other drug he's been on that screwed with his serotonin has caused horrible effects for Hedgehog.

Curious, why do you ask?
Old 19-02-2011, 13:57
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

Hi hedgehog,
I asked about the tramadol because as far as I know the same enzymes are used to metabolise them as oxycodone - I was just curious to see if hedgie had any success with Trams as that might show it's not an enzyme thing after all
Curiosity and cats...you know

ETA: and yup, tramadol inhibits reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin.

Incisive and very apt question regarding the potentially mutual enzymes.

Last edited by catseye; 19-02-2011 at 14:02. Reason: added info
Old 20-02-2011, 14:09
Silver Member

Female from Canada
LostControl is a decent psychonaut.LostControl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Very interesting. My kitty has the same problem - never has any kind of "high" from oxycontin. Kind of wonders what to heck people see from the stuff, to tell the truth. Gets a bit of pain relief, but even then, it's not what you'd expect based on the fact that it's a high dose of an opioid.
Actually Kitty has tried Tramadol - and felt nothing either. Figured it was because, after trying high doses of OxyC, Tram would be pretty weak. Kitty was right - got absolutely nothing from the Trams either. Great to know there is a reason for all this!!
Old 04-03-2011, 21:54
Silver Member

69 y/o Male from Netherlands
neversummer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

If you dont get off on it, id recommend you just give it up..not worth it
Old 05-03-2011, 04:22
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer View Post
If you dont get off on it, id recommend you just give it up..not worth it
Definitely. Not to mention heroin is like 1/4th the price for an strength-equivalent "opiate dose" compared to oxycodone. Why anyone would buy oxys, except if you lived where there wasn't heroin, is completely beyond HH.
Old 05-03-2011, 19:24
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
TarBaby is a decent psychonaut.TarBaby is a decent psychonaut.

ahh, thank god, never had that problem, oxy's used to fackkk swim up.
Old 06-03-2011, 00:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male from Netherlands
NDC1 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

The reason you can't feel oxycodone is because people who use strong opiates like heroin every day won't be able to feel the weak effects of oxycodone. I use poppy pod tea twice daily, and have done so for years now. My tolerance is so high that it takes 60 grams of pods, which contains something like 600mg of morphine, enough to kill 6 people who've never used opiates before.

Opiate tolerance is an amazing thing. It blows my mind how much more of the opiate drugs you can handle as your tolerance builds up to ever increasing levels.

Anyway, I crushed up 3 pills and swallowed them, and it didn't do squat for helping with my daily opium withdrawal. All it did was make me very tired and shallow breathing. But my friend only took half a crush pill and was high as a kite. So I know the pills are legit. They're green and are marked with 80 on one side, and OC on the other side of course. They have a terrible chemical smell though, but maybe that's normal for OC.

Back in 2008 when I was first introduced to opiates after getting surgery, the doc gave me vicodin for the first few month, and I did cold water extractions on that to get the hydrocodone out. After a while my tolerance was too high for that, and it basically did nothing. So then I got the oxycodone as 5mg oxy/500mg acetaminophen. I did ice cold water extractions on those pills, and 30mg was enough to get me so high I felt like I was on heroin (or what I would imagine heroin to feel like).

I remember the oxy experience not being all around better than opium tea, but better in the sense that it made me go much deeper into the "nod". It still does that now, but it lacks the euphoria that morphine gives me in the opium tea. I was hoping I could snort the oxy pills in the morning when I first wake up after sleeping for 12 hours and being in withdrawal from not having any morphine for so long, but it doesn't really help with withdrawal. It's much better than kratom though, which is the drug I thought I'd have to use for withdrawal if I run out of pods.

The grower I buy pods from sells at a good price, despite this current drought we're in, but she's gonna run out in April. So I either need to buy like 16 boxes of pods from her to last until August when she gets the knew crop, or I need to switch to just using oxy pills. So I was really hoping oxycodone would be a nice substitute for opium, but it really isn't. However it does make the withdrawal manageable enough so that I might be able to cut down my opium consumption and actually skip a few days again.It's been so long since I've gone even one day without opium because the withdrawal is so intense that I just can't take it.

It sucks the oxycotin isn't all I thought it would be, but at least I have the luxury of using it along with the opium so I can easily get into the "nod". The problem I was having with opium is that I couldn't take enough to get as high as I wanted to, since taking more of it just makes me dizzy and nauseous from all the other drugs present. The oxy allows me to increase the potency of my opium to a level that makes it easy to "nod" off.

However I'm a little worried that using 240mg oxycodone along with 600mg of morphine is gonna kill me one of these days when I nod off and never return to consciousness. It scares me how shallow my breathing is, and it seems like it would be easy for me to keep chowing down on the oxy like skittles trying to reach that same euphoria I find with the opium at high doses.

I though taking three 80mg oxy would normal kill a person? How much oxycodone can a person handle and still live? Now I see why people who start with oxycotin eventually switch to heroin. I would love to buy some heroin if I could find it, but buying oxy's and poppy pods online is so much easier, and I don't have to deal with thugs and murders selling me junk that's cut with god only knows what. And I'd snort the heroin at first, but eventually that wouldn't be enough either and I'd have to shoot it, especially if I ever found a girlfriend who did heroin. Lord knows that would be the death of me.

But don't pitty me -- I'm not the kind of junkie that wastes his life doing nothing but sitting around high out of his mind. I live a very productive and happy life, and I own my own online business that makes a decent income, and I sell my paintings for 10 grand each, and I've written several books that steadily sell everyday at my website. I actually use the opiate high to get a lot done during the day, then at night I get high and go off into the "nod", which was frustrating lately since my tolerance was too high and the opium wasn't cutting it anymore. But now with the oxy pills, I'm able to truly get satisfaction again, just like good sex. lol

Please don't discuss prices or sources. Perhaps rereading the rules might be helpful

Last edited by Gradient; 06-03-2011 at 07:21. Reason: prices/sources
Old 06-03-2011, 09:12
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
TarBaby is a decent psychonaut.TarBaby is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDC1 View Post
The reason you can't feel oxycodone is because people who use strong opiates like heroin every day won't be able to feel the weak effects of oxycodone. I use poppy pod tea twice daily, and have done so for years now. My tolerance is so high that it takes 60 grams of pods, which contains something like 600mg of morphine, enough to kill 6 people who've never used opiates before.

Opiate tolerance is an amazing thing. It blows my mind how much more of the opiate drugs you can handle as your tolerance builds up to ever increasing levels.

Anyway, I crushed up 3 pills and swallowed them, and it didn't do squat for helping with my daily opium withdrawal. All it did was make me very tired and shallow breathing. But my friend only took half a crush pill and was high as a kite. So I know the pills are legit. They're green and are marked with 80 on one side, and OC on the other side of course. They have a terrible chemical smell though, but maybe that's normal for OC.

Back in 2008 when I was first introduced to opiates after getting surgery, the doc gave me vicodin for the first few month, and I did cold water extractions on that to get the hydrocodone out. After a while my tolerance was too high for that, and it basically did nothing. So then I got the oxycodone as 5mg oxy/500mg acetaminophen. I did ice cold water extractions on those pills, and 30mg was enough to get me so high I felt like I was on heroin (or what I would imagine heroin to feel like).

I remember the oxy experience not being all around better than opium tea, but better in the sense that it made me go much deeper into the "nod". It still does that now, but it lacks the euphoria that morphine gives me in the opium tea. I was hoping I could snort the oxy pills in the morning when I first wake up after sleeping for 12 hours and being in withdrawal from not having any morphine for so long, but it doesn't really help with withdrawal. It's much better than kratom though, which is the drug I thought I'd have to use for withdrawal if I run out of pods.

The grower I buy pods from sells at a good price, despite this current drought we're in, but she's gonna run out in April. So I either need to buy like 16 boxes of pods from her to last until August when she gets the knew crop, or I need to switch to just using oxy pills. So I was really hoping oxycodone would be a nice substitute for opium, but it really isn't. However it does make the withdrawal manageable enough so that I might be able to cut down my opium consumption and actually skip a few days again.It's been so long since I've gone even one day without opium because the withdrawal is so intense that I just can't take it.

It sucks the oxycotin isn't all I thought it would be, but at least I have the luxury of using it along with the opium so I can easily get into the "nod". The problem I was having with opium is that I couldn't take enough to get as high as I wanted to, since taking more of it just makes me dizzy and nauseous from all the other drugs present. The oxy allows me to increase the potency of my opium to a level that makes it easy to "nod" off.

However I'm a little worried that using 240mg oxycodone along with 600mg of morphine is gonna kill me one of these days when I nod off and never return to consciousness. It scares me how shallow my breathing is, and it seems like it would be easy for me to keep chowing down on the oxy like skittles trying to reach that same euphoria I find with the opium at high doses.

I though taking three 80mg oxy would normal kill a person? How much oxycodone can a person handle and still live? Now I see why people who start with oxycotin eventually switch to heroin. I would love to buy some heroin if I could find it, but buying oxy's and poppy pods online is so much easier, and I don't have to deal with thugs and murders selling me junk that's cut with god only knows what. And I'd snort the heroin at first, but eventually that wouldn't be enough either and I'd have to shoot it, especially if I ever found a girlfriend who did heroin. Lord knows that would be the death of me.

But don't pitty me -- I'm not the kind of junkie that wastes his life doing nothing but sitting around high out of his mind. I live a very productive and happy life, and I own my own online business that makes a decent income, and I sell my paintings for 10 grand each, and I've written several books that steadily sell everyday at my website. I actually use the opiate high to get a lot done during the day, then at night I get high and go off into the "nod", which was frustrating lately since my tolerance was too high and the opium wasn't cutting it anymore. But now with the oxy pills, I'm able to truly get satisfaction again, just like good sex. lol

Dude, who you trying to bullshit with your fake posts, go spam your online pills somewhere else, no one's buying your shit! PIG
Old 07-03-2011, 00:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male from Netherlands
NDC1 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Who TarBaby is one hell of a paranoid nut job! lol
Old 10-03-2011, 00:00

Female from United States
AN-G1190 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

So why are a lot of people referring to themselves in this thread? Ya'll are supposed to use SWIM...ect...

And about this Oxycontin immunity, I agree with NDC1 about heroin being much stronger than oxy that's the only thing that really makes sense to me. SWIM did oxy for years even though their tolerance was high with oxy they still felt the effects and SWIM had never done heroin before so it could be possible that your heroin use has expelled oxy's euphoria.

Yeee

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 12-06-2013, 16:14
Silver Member

Female from United States
Lymie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

I know this is an old post but isn't the simple answer cross-tolerance? DyingTomorrow (I hope you are still here with us!) mentions taking a lot of heroin. I believe all of the opiate create cross tolerance, so a heroin habit will create some degree of tolerance for other opiates or opioids. Is this not coprrect? And if you take oxy on top of subs, the subs will block the receptors so that one's easy. I don't have the experience but from reading this is my understanding.

Meanwhile I'm looking for info on opioids' effects on the immune system. Anybody know?

Share this on:

Tags
drug immunity, drugs-forum, heroin, morphine, oxycodone, oxycodone tolerance, oxycontin, percocet, snorting, tolerance