Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cocaine & Crack
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 14-02-2011, 04:38
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
lorentz5 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 129, Level: 1 Points: 129, Level: 1 Points: 129, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
crack overdose amount

Having extreme difficulty finding an actual number. Can't find anything here, on erowid, google, etc. The best guess found was "0.1-0.2g is a typical dose." No need for dissuasion either; AFOAF was a crack virgin and smoked 0.4g over an hour his first time, but dared not go higher. It is understandable that it is difficult to know an exact number, due to variables (purity/administration/etc), but in the spirit of harm reduction, what amount constitutes an unsafe dosage?
Old 14-02-2011, 04:42
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
Pain Hurts needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: crack overdose amount

it really depends on the person and can say from personal exper. coke is a funny drug. ....

stay away., but I did hear about a guy who smoked $1,000 worth, weighed out.
Old 14-02-2011, 05:08
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

There's no set dose. I mean, if someone could smoke 1 or 2 grams in one hit, it would probably kill them. But that's not possible to do. Crack is more of a cumlative overdose, if that makes sense. You have to keep smoking more and more. A good rule of thumb though is to put the pipe down when you start having uncomfortable heart palpitations, shaking, blurred vision, extreme anxiety/paranoia, profuse sweating, etc. It surprising hard to do though! Even with those horrible effects! And even when you do put away the pipe and try to ride out those horrible effects swearing you'll never smoke again, once they begin go away, it's even more surprising how quick you are to pick up the pipe again.

My friend remembers many days/nights spent in his room, laying in bed, praying for those effects to go away and when they finally did, he'd start smoking again and have the same damn effects! Then he'd go back to curling in a ball, pray for them to go away, swearing he'd never smoke again only to pick it up again as soon as the effects lightened up. Continue the cycle until he ran out of crack. And to think of the money he spent to put himself through all that! Lord! That shit gets a hold on you, man. Crack is baaaad news. Use at your own risk...

Post Quality Evaluations:
So very true. I hope the OP reads this and takes it to heart.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 14-02-2011 at 05:10. Reason: edit
Old 14-02-2011, 05:23

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Rikki-tikki-tavi is on the way upRikki-tikki-tavi is on the way upRikki-tikki-tavi is on the way up
Points: 465, Level: 3 Points: 465, Level: 3 Points: 465, Level: 3

In one study i read, a crack user study in sao paulo, only 8.7% of patients in a long term suffered any cocaine overdose. It also found that overdose was more likely in users with preexisting cardiovascular problems. #1

I also found that it has much to do with whether the person has been drinking alcohol, as in the presence of alcohol, the cocaine can become cocaethylene.

The LD50 in mice was 93 mg/kg for cocaine versus 60 mg/kg for cocaethylene, the study also notes that as the process of turning cocaine to cocaethylene takes some time, this might explain why cocaine overdoses happen 6-12 hours after ingestion. #2

I know this doesn't give exact quotes to the figures and im sorry, i cant find them either. It doesn't seem to be a very common happenstance to smoke too much, perhaps due to the quick onset of a smoked dose, allowing the user to tell they have had something strong, and also down to the smaller half life of the smoked dose meaning that less cocaethylene or cocaine can be built up.

It's worth noting if you are estimating overdoses on crack from the figures on cocaine, that crack is also "stronger" due to the molecule being less heavy, crack will deliver the same punch for 89% of the weight vs cocaine hydrochloride.

Hope this helps!

#1http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=...pt=sci_arttext
#2http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/813959-overview

Linking your sources is always helpful!

Last edited by Rikki-tikki-tavi; 14-02-2011 at 05:42.
Old 14-02-2011, 05:35
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

^That interesting information. But yeah, a crack overdose doesn't really happen in one hit cus you can only smoke so much in a hit and the high doesn't last long. An overdose doesn't usually happen until you've been smoking for hours/days and have built up a huge amount in your system. Compared with iv cocaine/crack where you can introduce a huge amount into your body in one go, crack is far harder to overdose on. But the nature of crack is that you want to keep on smoking it no matter what so it's hard to stop once you start feeling those negative sideeffects.

Personally, my friend finds the cravings from crack to be far stronger that snorting or shooting cocaine. Not saying those are easy to put down but crack comes and goes so quick, my friend has never felt such a strong desire to redose as he does with crack. I mean, with sniffin and shooting, the high tapers down and then you start fiending but crack, you're really high and as soon as it starts to come down, you HAVE to have more. Like to take a hit of crack and want another one 30 seconds later. The stuff is crazy. I know I'm going off topic here but I don't think the compulsiveness of crack can be overstated. You've never fiended for a drug until you've fiended for crack. Shorter crash than iv or snorting but far worse cravings.
Old 14-02-2011, 06:23
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: crack overdose amount

By Experience i can tell that the lethal Dosage of Crack-Cocaine is bound to the Health-Profile of the Person!

The Hardcore smoking Crack Consumer die mostly by Exhaustion!

But, there is also something like a Shock,
where the Brain just take off the Lung because of a Shock.
(Brain to Lung, Brain to Lung, you are off you Fool- i told you that)
This can be happen when the Consumer smoke the big Hookah!

Edit: Translation:
Everything is depending on the amount of the intake in a short time,
you can smoke a few Hundred gramms or even more when there is Time,
but smoking more than 0,4g in one Blow is more than dangerous!

Last edited by Spucky; 14-02-2011 at 06:46.
Old 14-02-2011, 13:14

Male from United States

Quote:
Like to take a hit of crack and want another one 30 seconds later. The stuff is crazy
Most agreed, AFOAF spent about an hour of his comedown frantically searching the webs for an answer to the OD question to see if he could continue smoking and ease the comedown. Upon finding nothing, he restrained himself.

Thank you everyone for the prompt and informative replies. AFOAF smoked 0.3g in about 15min, 0.4 in an hour, and by then he was starting to get very bad side effects, tweaks, irritability, strange heart rhythm, mild difficulty breathing. He posted he to get an idea of where to set an hourly cap. 0.4g/hr if it's one every couple of weeks sound very dangerous?

He was a crack virgin, and it struck him profoundly how dangerous this practice can be. He will probably do it again sometime in the future, but he values living over maximizing his high, so limiting amount available from the start seems prudent, hence the question.

Old 15-02-2011, 01:44
Titanium Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.
Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3

Cocaine can cause sudden death from heart-failure at a dose taken many times before without incident. Heroin has rightly got the title for the highest death toll amongst it's abusers, but cocaine is number two on the list.

It affects potassium channels in the heart causing arhythmia - you don't feel chest pain, you just keel over & die. I've seen it happen. I'm thinking that while dimethocaine makes a poor substitute, it is likely a lead compound for a safe cocaine replacement (the -NH2 means it to screws with the heart & it's not required for DRI).

interesting information, maybe we need more infos about all the different channels who regulating what we are doing!
Old 04-04-2011, 22:46

Male from United States

Thanks Piglet,

OP has given up crack since then.

He'd like to say, he thoroughly enjoys reading your posts here, especially the LSD synth material. Very inspiring as OP is studying chem with just a slight interest in drug dev. Just slight

Can you explain how the amine messes with the heart? OP is now prescribed an amine for ADHD; it works pretty well and he hasn't experienced any heart problems.

Last edited by Phungushead; 09-04-2011 at 18:20. Reason: other forum

Share this on:

Tags
cocaethylene, cocaine, crack, crack cocaine, crack overdose, drugs-forum, overdose, smoking crack