Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Methadone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-02-2011, 03:54

Male from Canada
Sky/High should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Methadone And Hydroxyzine

Hey All! This will be my second time posting, So I do so hope That this topic is in the right place!, I looked through the site but Couldnt find anything that involved Oral Methadone(taking oral liquid at pharmacy due to opiate addiction)
And mixing it with atarax (hydroxyzine).

SWIM, Has a bottle of 200 Atarax 25mg for anxiety, Take 2 tablets twice a day as needed for Anxiety. SWIM also takes 45mg of methadone daily, getting increased to 55mg in a few days.

SWIM Was wondering if anyone has experienced More Euphoria/or add to the rush/high the little amount it gives by mixing Some atarax with there methadone? And which would be the best time to take the atarax, before you consume the methadone, or after? Also, At what dose would be recomended?

SWIM was told that consuming baking soda Orally before and after the dose of Methadone Adds to the effect, making it more potent/last longer. Has anyone experienced this with great results?.
SWIM Wonders with this procedure if it makes the onset of the methadone come on faster?More Potent?Last longer?Do nothing?

For those who have read this Thread I have posted, I strongly thank you for taking time in reading this! And for those who give me Experienced Feedback I greatly thank you also!!

***SKY/HIGH***

Sky/High added 46 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Annybody have any experience with these two combinations? or know anything about consuming the baking soda with the methadone, (before and/or after) if this procedure adds to the effects of methadone? how?

Last edited by Gradient; 13-02-2011 at 23:34. Reason: commercial name
Old 13-02-2011, 04:38
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21 Points: 21,143, Level: 21
Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4%
Re: Methadone And Atarax

Good question. A couple other threads mention Hydroxyzine, Boosting Methodone, and Methadone Potentiation, though there doesn't seem to be too much information (yet).

Please use the generic (chemical) name in the future, Atarax is a brand name that may not be recognized in other countries.
Old 13-02-2011, 14:03

Male from Canada
Re: Methadone And Atarax

Thanks!, Okay I will do that from now on, Thanks for your help.
Old 20-02-2011, 20:40
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Northern Ireland
davestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medlinedavestate must mainline Medline
Points: 3,538, Level: 8 Points: 3,538, Level: 8 Points: 3,538, Level: 8
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
Re: Methadone And Hydroxyzine

Well methadone is a substrate of the cytochrome P450 3A4 (*CYP3A4) and CYP2B6. These are the enzymes in the liver that metabolise (break down) methadone. Methadone also inhibits CYP2D6, inhibition means it blocks the ability of that enzyme to break down substances.

Hydroxyzine is metabolised by CYP2D6. Since none of the enzymes that break down methadone are inhibited by hydroxyzine, it won't potentiate by metabolic means. However many opiate users take 1st gen antihistamines with their dose, in my lab rats personal opinion, taking an antihistamine about half to 1 hour before an opiate is better because it: Reduces opiates itch, prevents against nausea and makes the dose of opiates feel stronger, gives a harder nod, more relaxation and euphoria. This feeling is mirrored by a lot of posters on this site

If you want to find out about what interacts with SWIyour methadone dose, either to make it last longer, or to know what to avoid so SWIyou doesn't shorten the length of effects, read here:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...id=147&id=4381

This is a very detailed review of loads of medications that either induce or inhibit the enzymes involved in methadone metabolism, well worth a real for anyone looking more bang for their buck.

In terms of the baking soda/sodium bicarbonate , it has been shown that urine alkalinizers decrease the rate that methadone is excreted by the kidneys (Alkaline (higher pH) urine decreases methadone excretion by kidneys (Kalvik et al. 1996; Strang 1999).
How much bicarbonate of soda this would take, or even if it is possible taken orally, I don't know

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent response on possible reactions between methadone and hydroxyzine
Old 21-02-2011, 00:45

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by davestate View Post
Well methadone is a substrate of the cytochrome P450 3A4 (*CYP3A4) and CYP2B6. These are the enzymes in the liver that metabolise (break down) methadone. Methadone also inhibits CYP2D6, inhibition means it blocks the ability of that enzyme to break down substances.

Hydroxyzine is metabolised by CYP2D6. Since none of the enzymes that break down methadone are inhibited by hydroxyzine, it won't potentiate by metabolic means. However many opiate users take 1st gen antihistamines with their dose, in my lab rats personal opinion, taking an antihistamine about half to 1 hour before an opiate is better because it: Reduces opiates itch, prevents against nausea and makes the dose of opiates feel stronger, gives a harder nod, more relaxation and euphoria. This feeling is mirrored by a lot of posters on this site

If you want to find out about what interacts with SWIyour methadone dose, either to make it last longer, or to know what to avoid so SWIyou doesn't shorten the length of effects, read here:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...id=147&id=4381

This is a very detailed review of loads of medications that either induce or inhibit the enzymes involved in methadone metabolism, well worth a real for anyone looking more bang for their buck.

In terms of the baking soda/sodium bicarbonate , it has been shown that urine alkalinizers decrease the rate that methadone is excreted by the kidneys (Alkaline (higher pH) urine decreases methadone excretion by kidneys (Kalvik et al. 1996; Strang 1999).
How much bicarbonate of soda this would take, or even if it is possible taken orally, I don't know

thank you very much on your detail reply, very well written.
Old 25-08-2011, 12:13
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

I came here to ask this very question, just as well i did a search first. I didn't use the Search Function here but instead did a Google search, i find it is much better than the forum search engine. A bit off topic but if you want to use Google to search a forum simply type "Site:drugs-forum.com/forum keywords" (without the quotes of course).

Anyway, the reason i thought that hydroxyzine would boost the effects of methadone is because of Dicanol (Dipipanone and Cyclizine). Methadone is in the same group as Dipipanone ie. the "Diphenylpropylamine derivatives" and hydroxyzine is in the same class as cyclizine (piperazine class i think).

After checking Wikipedia however, it says that while hydroxyzine "does not produce any clinically significant anticholinergic effects", cyclizine does have an anticholinergic action.

davestate, you appear to know what you're talking about when it comes to cytochrome P450 inhibition. What i am wondering though is if things like grapefruit juice inhibit the enzymes then surely that would reduce the metabolism of the drug and create less? Or are the enzymes inhbiited in the gut but not in the liver, so more makes it to the liver to be metabolised?

Share this on:

Tags
antihistamines, buprenorphine, cannabis, cyp2d6, drugs-forum, hydrocodone, hydroxyzine, hydroxyzine combinations, methadone, methadone and hydroxyzine, morphine, opiate, opiates, phenibut, withdrawals