Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cannabis Experiences
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis Experiences Cannabis experience writeups.

Old 09-02-2011, 23:08

22 y/o Male from United States
LucidNightmare should review received reputation comments.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Pot makes me hyper?

So, my dog smokes pot occasionally, usually 1-2 times per week. He's not sure of his opinion of ganja, as often when he smokes it seems almost as if he is mentally incompetent. Now usually, my dog is very quiet and doesn't get excited about much, but when he smokes pot he gets very hyper and ditzy I suppose one could say. My dog has been on opiates for about 6 months now, as his little doggy spine has many problems with it, but when he takes his vicodin or oxycodone, he isn't hyper or ditsy at all. My dog is fully aware that opiates and THC are two very different drugs, but is my dog doing something wrong or does he have something wrong with his mind perhaps, or is this normal for people who only smoke occasionally.
Old 13-04-2011, 03:10

Re: Pot makes my dog hyper?

So, why no answers yet? 416 Views, someone must have at least some input, anything at all would be helpful.
Old 13-04-2011, 03:29
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,810, Level: 12 Points: 7,810, Level: 12 Points: 7,810, Level: 12
Activity: 34.8% Activity: 34.8% Activity: 34.8%

Please try to have patience when people don't reply. Original poster's questions can be left hanging for quite a while sometimes.

Red is wondering about what your dog is exactly seeking from the combination of ganja and opiates?
Old 13-04-2011, 05:42
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidNightmare View Post
So, my dog smokes pot occasionally, usually 1-2 times per week....often when he smokes it seems almost as if he is mentally incompetent... Now usually, my dog is very quiet and doesn't get excited about much, but when he smokes pot he gets very hyper and ditzy... but when he takes his vicodin or oxycodone, he isn't hyper .... is this normal for people who only smoke occasionally.
So is the Dog "mentally incompetent" or "hyper and dizzy" when the cannabis is smoked? Do all strains of cannabis cause the symptoms the dog is describing? Some strains of cannabis are more mentally stimulating than others. Does the problem occur ONLY when the opiates and cannabis is combined?
Old 29-04-2011, 04:04

The dog could be considered very poorly self-controlled and energetic. Most strains of cannabis seem to do it to him, one in particular, call Purple Funk or something, it is a very high grade of cannabis selling for about twice as much as your average strain. The problem occurs more so when cannabis is consumed by itself, my dog thought the opiates may help to calm him down a bit, as he is an opiate addict/dependant individual. He thought it may help, though it doesn't seem to have to great of an affect.
Old 03-07-2011, 00:41
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
Leonurus is learning how to become a psychonaut.

My dog has the same problem when he smokes any grade of cannabis/any strain indoors. Couped up in doors he becomes a wild animal trapped in a cage. He is hyper and unpredictable. However, when he smokes outdoors, he is calm and cool.

This situation may not apply to your situation, but your dog's setting may have an influence on your dog's high. However, this could be your dog's natural reaction to cannabis.

Also, having a way to entertain one's dog may prevent this feeling. If your dog has something to focus this energy on he may not be as bad.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2011, 23:47
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,265, Level: 20 Points: 19,265, Level: 20 Points: 19,265, Level: 20
Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7% Activity: 59.7%

This doesn't seem out of the ordinary at all. Have you ever watched any stoner movies? What exactly are the effects you are expecting?
Old 14-07-2011, 02:51

Male from USA - Florida
finnthehuman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

When my goat first started smoking ganja he would be pretty hyper and had trouble controlling himself and his thoughts. As he grew more experienced he was able to calm down and have better highs. How long have you been smoking it? If its been a while maybe its not for you, if not then give it some time.
Old 14-07-2011, 03:20
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Joe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumJoe-(5-HTP) is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,043, Level: 10 Points: 5,043, Level: 10 Points: 5,043, Level: 10
Activity: 18.0% Activity: 18.0% Activity: 18.0%
Re: Pot makes me hyper?

I wouldn't worry in the slightest.

My friend always gets very hyper from cannabis. He feels like there is a mad energy burning through his veins and he just wants to PUSH it outwards, on other people, on the environment, dance, start babbling, whatever.

He also attributes this to only smoking occasionally. The times he has used daily resulted in a more mellowing out, though still reasonably hyper. He also finds this is related to the dosage. A low dose doesn't produce hyper effects.

The more people you talk to about their cannabis use, the more you realise it can affect people in many different ways.
Old 14-07-2011, 04:02

21 y/o Male from Australia
castra is an unknown quantity at this point

In swims opinion, this is nothing to worry about. This also happened to swim when he first started smoking the ganja.

After swim started smoking often it stopped.

The hyperactivity started again when swim cut back to once or twice a week.
Old 25-07-2011, 20:34
researcher

Dashneo is an unknown quantity at this point

My twin brother reports getting hyper when he's coming up after he's smoked a bowl or two. Does the hyperness last a majority of the time? You could take your dog for a long walk before he smokes so that he can get a lot of the energy out. My brother takes a walk when he needs to be calm after smoking.
Old 20-11-2011, 01:25

Sorry for not responding for a long time.
But, the hyperactivity lasts for about an hour to an hour and a half, and during this time SWIM's thoughts are flying around like crazy. He is diagnosed with ADD, so he's quite sure that the ADD has something to do with the hyperactivity experienced. (He was just diagnosed with ADD in september.)
SWIM is looking for a more chill and relaxed experience where he can just sit still, instead he can't stop moving or doing things, which often has some negative consequences due to the loss of coordination he experiences.
He also feel like he loses ALL of his ability to think both logically and intellectually.
He wouldn't mind these things so much, but SWIM's friends can find his inability to sit still both mildly obnoxious as concerning because they are worried he may hurt himself, break something, or face any kind of troubling consequences due to his actions.
Any tips would be appreciated, Thanks.

Share this on:

Tags
cannabinoids, cannabis, cannabis experience, dogs, ganja, marijuana, opiates, pot, skunk, tetrahydrocannabinol, thc, using cannabis, weed