Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 05-02-2011, 19:44
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 428, Level: 3 Points: 428, Level: 3 Points: 428, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
What's a recreational dose of Xanax/alprazolam?

SWIM recently ingested 2mg of alprazolam and found that no real "high" was obtained. SWIM uses Xanax about once every week or so... is his tolerance already too high? Does 2mg normally do a lot for most who have no experience with Xanax?

Also, SWIM started experimenting about 3 weeks ago, starting with 1mg the first week, then 1.5 the next week, then 2 most recently. None seem to induce intoxication.

Lastly, SWIM is wondering if other benzodiazepine use increases tolerance for Xanax/alprazolam, or vice versa.
Old 06-02-2011, 00:32
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
neverspeakagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What's a recreational dose of Xanax/alprazolam?

For a completely benzo-naive person, they should feel at least something from 2mgs of alprazolam. I certainly know that would do nothing for what I'm prescribed them for but back when the Dr first put me on Benzodiazepines 2mg of diazepam would send me to sleep!!! I'd need around 100mg now.......

Has your monkey been taking them every day?? even two weeks is enough in some instances for your body to have gained tolerance.

neverspeakagain added 3 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Also: yes, using any kind of benzodiazepine increases your tolerance to all benzos as a whole.
For example when I go for my endoscopic surgery at hospital, 5mg Midazolam is the highest dose they are allowed to give you and leaves me jumping around because my tolerance is just something else.. and I'm only prescribed clonazepam and stick to the Doctors prescribed dose.

Last edited by neverspeakagain; 06-02-2011 at 00:32. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2011, 01:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Finland
FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 430, Level: 3 Points: 430, Level: 3 Points: 430, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeru View Post
SWIM recently ingested 2mg of alprazolam and found that no real "high" was obtained. SWIM uses Xanax about once every week or so... is his tolerance already too high? Does 2mg normally do a lot for most who have no experience with Xanax?

Also, SWIM started experimenting about 3 weeks ago, starting with 1mg the first week, then 1.5 the next week, then 2 most recently. None seem to induce intoxication.

Lastly, SWIM is wondering if other benzodiazepine use increases tolerance for Xanax/alprazolam, or vice versa.
If swiy if looking to get "high", swiy is looking in the wrong place. Benzodiazepines create anxiety reduced sedation. There is no rush or high that accompanies taking a benzo.

The best that swiy can hope for is a nice relaxing buzz, b/c if swiy overshoots the dosage, swiy will not remember the experience and/or go to sleep. The maximum dosage is usually 4mg. per day, other benzodiazepines will increase tolerance to alprazolam most of the time.

Swiy finds a nice dose of xanax for him to be 1-2mg., which he usually will combine with marijauna, namely, a sativa strain.

Swim has never found benzos to have a very "recreational" profile. He typically uses them for: A.)Insomnia, he is prescribed temazepam and clonazepam. B.)To relax in the evening with 1-2 beers (does potentiate benzos btw) or marijauna. C.) To reduce anxiety on a trip, usually only LSD. or D.) To come down off of a stimulant such as MDMA or amphetamine.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:38
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Swim would guess youre looking at tolerance issues of some kind. 2mg would put almost anyone with no tolerance on their ass. Swim has been taking xanax for years and 2mg is still fine. Taking more is not physically harmful if thats what you require, but you should know that a withdrawl or at least rebound anxiety may occur with cessation of use. Just make sure you have a steady supply if you start upping the dose.

RaoulDuke32 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

and up the dose very gradually of course.

Last edited by RaoulDuke32; 06-02-2011 at 01:38. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2011, 01:40

Male from Finland
FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDuke32 View Post
Swim would guess youre looking at tolerance issues of some kind. 2mg would put almost anyone with no tolerance on their ass. Swim has been taking xanax for years and 2mg is still fine. Taking more is not physically harmful if thats what you require, but you should know that a withdrawl or at least rebound anxiety may occur with cessation of use. Just make sure you have a steady supply if you start upping the dose.

RaoulDuke32 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

and up the dose very gradually of course.
Good point. There is definately some tolerance. Swims first dose of alprazolam (first benzo he ever did) was 1.5mg and he looked like he was on the nod, falling all over the place and what not. Wasn't too enjoyable.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:47
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
TooFastTim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1

Xanax as a recreational drug is pretty undesirable In most cases it just makes you want to sleep. I have used it to relive the symptoms of panic attacks. I simply don't understand the abuse of xanax or other benzos
Old 06-02-2011, 01:48
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 993, Level: 4 Points: 993, Level: 4 Points: 993, Level: 4
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

The first time SWIM tried Xanax he did about 5mg. He didn't really feel "high", but really relaxed and sleepy. Benzos don't give much of a high, because they're muscle relaxants and tranquilizers, so they mostly just give euphoric sedation.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:00

Male from Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuseforapie View Post
The first time SWIM tried Xanax he did about 5mg. He didn't really feel "high", but really relaxed and sleepy. Benzos don't give much of a high, because they're muscle relaxants and tranquilizers, so they mostly just give euphoric sedation.
Hopefully euphoric, certainly not always. If swiy thinks about Klonopin for a minute, one of it's uses is to sedate or "bring down" someone tripping LSD. Benzos tend to be mood levelers not euphoric elevators.
Old 06-02-2011, 20:20
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 993, Level: 4 Points: 993, Level: 4 Points: 993, Level: 4
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishPharmer View Post
Hopefully euphoric, certainly not always. If swiy thinks about Klonopin for a minute, one of it's uses is to sedate or "bring down" someone tripping LSD. Benzos tend to be mood levelers not euphoric elevators.
It's most likely a subjective response to the drug. Swim always feels euphoric from GABA agonists and anxiolytics. Klonopin on the other hand suppresses the 5ht receptors, which would cause someone on 5ht agonist to chill out. I don't think this happens with xanax; well, atleast not in swim's experience with it. Klonopin always knocked swim out cold, and so he never really liked it. Xanax was alot better.
Old 06-02-2011, 23:03

Male from Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuseforapie View Post
It's most likely a subjective response to the drug. Swim always feels euphoric from GABA agonists and anxiolytics. Klonopin on the other hand suppresses the 5ht receptors, which would cause someone on 5ht agonist to chill out. I don't think this happens with xanax; well, atleast not in swim's experience with it. Klonopin always knocked swim out cold, and so he never really liked it. Xanax was alot better.
Certainly different, but swims only heard of euphoria from xanax in combo with other drugs, especially heroin (incredibly dangerous). It's really up to what euphoria means to a swimmer, but chillin on benzos isn't what this swimmer personally considers euphoria, he thinks of the coke/heroin rush, comin up on MDMA/psilocybin or the amphetamine high as all being euphoric, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 07-02-2011, 16:05
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from USA - California
Pieces Mended is on the way upPieces Mended is on the way upPieces Mended is on the way up
Points: 470, Level: 3 Points: 470, Level: 3 Points: 470, Level: 3
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

SWIM was wondering if anyone had an opinion of a "recreational" dose if combined with enough amphetamine (adderall) to prevent the sedation factor of the drug?
Old 07-02-2011, 20:01

Male from Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinfoilxTouch View Post
SWIM was wondering if anyone had an opinion of a "recreational" dose if combined with enough amphetamine (adderall) to prevent the sedation factor of the drug?
Tricky territory right there. It's very hard to get the dosage right in this case. Most commonly, benzos are taken to ease an amphetamine comedown. Though, it is possible to combine the two recreationally. The key would be a low dose of the one you want the effects to be the least from. So if swiy wanted a very speedy, yet less edgy high, then taking a recreational dose of adderall with a small dose of xanax would be key, and visa versa. Problem is that adderall lasts a bit longer then xanax so they may not be the most ideal pair. Valium is usually better suited for the benzo in this combo, known as "Peaches and Cream", after the respective colors of the drug. However, this is a dangerous combo as it could be considered a speed ball, and is very difficult to get right for recreational purposes.
Old 11-05-2013, 00:08
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 428, Level: 3 Points: 428, Level: 3 Points: 428, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverspeakagain View Post
For a completely benzo-naive person, they should feel at least something from 2mgs of alprazolam. I certainly know that would do nothing for what I'm prescribed them for but back when the Dr first put me on Benzodiazepines 2mg of diazepam would send me to sleep!!! I'd need around 100mg now.......

Has your monkey been taking them every day?? even two weeks is enough in some instances for your body to have gained tolerance.

neverspeakagain added 3 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Also: yes, using any kind of benzodiazepine increases your tolerance to all benzos as a whole.
For example when I go for my endoscopic surgery at hospital, 5mg Midazolam is the highest dose they are allowed to give you and leaves me jumping around because my tolerance is just something else.. and I'm only prescribed clonazepam and stick to the Doctors prescribed dose.
I don't mean to go off topic, but why are they giving you a benzo for a surgery like an endoscopy? Shouldn't they be giving you pain-killers? I don't care how calm you are... being cut with a scalpel is going to suck. Do they at least use something like novacaine?
Old 12-05-2013, 22:02
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
3GalofCrazy/2GalBucket is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Sumeru, endoscopy does not involve cutting. Medical terms are read back to front, so endoscopy refers to:

-y : The process of ______
-Scope- : Viewing/an instrument used to view
Endo- : Within/inside.

So a benzo to chill someone out and relax their muscles would be beneficial and should prevent the need for opiate pain killers while the docs slide a camera into you to take a look at something.

As to recreational use of benzos...AFOAF is prescribed Temazepam 30mg for his off days for his 10mg zolpidem holiday schedule (i.e 5 days zolpidem, 2 days Temazepam). He finds snorting the crushed 10mg zolpidem to give a nice, if slight, euphoric feeling in his gut (for some reason, most) before he crashes into sleep. He takes Temazepam 30mg as a sublingual, and feels a relaxed, warm, gooey, happy, fuzzy, good about the world sort of euphoric high as he drifts off or stays awake. 60mg Temazepam does the same, at a more intense level, but also forces AFOAF to sleep faster.

It's all up to people's individual body chemistries how they react to different drugs. AFOAF is also prescribed Lorazepam, but doesn't take it very often because it seems to do nothing for him, even at a 4mg dose (he's prescribed .5mg doses). According to the poll pinned to the benzo forum (http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14062), DF users voted Lorazepam as the 4th most common favorite benzo and Temazepam as the 6th, so by the numbers, Lorazepam should do more for AFOAF, but it doesn't.

To the OP, you may not get high off alprazolam period. Some do, some don't.

3GalofCrazy/2GalBucket added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Sorry for the double post, since I'm a newbie and can't edit, could a moderator please remove "(for some reason, most)" in the first large paragraph, missed it while proof-reading.

Last edited by 3GalofCrazy/2GalBucket; 12-05-2013 at 22:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
benzo dose, benzodiapines, xanax