Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-01-2011, 03:11

34 y/o Male from United States
captain_blade should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
The best way to clean a crank pipe

Shown to me a ouple years ago, its far and away the easiest way to clean a crank pipe.

fill a coffee/tea cup mostly full with hot water from your sink, add a little glug of bleach to the water, put the pipe in, (bubble end first of course) put the cup on a plate and microwave for 4-5 minutes.

the powerful effect of the boiling bleach water "will remove even the toughest stains". Remove pipe, take a q-tip to any leftover little black spots, won't take more than the gentlest wipe to remove them, and then just dry the pipe. my favorite way of drying is to heat it with the candle/lighter until the water is all evaporated, using q-tips to dry it will leave behind little pieces of cotton in the pipe, which is no bueno.

This has proven to be the best way I've ever seen to clean a crank pipe, over the years though I've seen people do everything from burn away the stains with a torch, sit there and tweek on it with q tips and soapy water for 30 minutes, to taking a knife to the bottom of the pipe to try and scrape away the black spots.

honestly, using this method and proper smoking techniques, according to AFOAF, you can prolong the life a pipe indefinately.

Post Quality Evaluations:
watch the self-incrimination.
nice tip for an often tedious task
Old 28-01-2011, 14:55
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
TooFastTim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: The best way to clean a crank pipe

Super helpful. TIM is doing it now he gas always used the qtip and cig ash but your way is Mitch quicker
Old 29-01-2011, 03:11

cig ash? gross...not to mention abrasive...bleach is powerful enough to work without the abrasion on the glass. glad you like this method! stay cool!
captain
Old 02-03-2011, 02:10

34 y/o Female from Australia
metsketch should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Well i normally use this stuff called Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; 3M Scotch Brite Easy Erasing Pad; Nano Sponge; Coralite Ultimate Sponge. and generically as a "dirt eraser". ...

Then after using Mr. Clean i wash the pipe one last time with hot boiling water then in the microwave for 2-3 minutes to dry it

like brand new again
Old 02-03-2011, 03:02
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United States
jds36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

My dog has proven time and time again that bleach in the micro for five minutes leaves a pipe clean as new.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:51

25 y/o Male from United States
blockstarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

my fish usually just blasts it with a torch but he'll keep the bleach method in mind it sounds real easy. torch sometimes can deform the bowl from the heat.
Old 30-03-2011, 05:19

Sure, not to mention, when you torch those black stains INTO your glass, they aren't gone, they just mix with the glass, only to resurface later and give your CR one hell of a rotten taste later. Trust me AFOAF has done the research on this, and 3 parts water to 1 part bleach nuked for 5 minutes is THE way.
Old 30-03-2011, 05:26
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6 Points: 1,678, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Lots of my pet duck's friends swear by the bleach method, but it takes too long for her to wait! She says there's product known as "Whinks" in grocery stores, sold as a rust remover! of all things! but a couple swipes with a soaked cotton bud and its clean, can be washed and dried easily at that point.
Old 30-03-2011, 14:52
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Are these "oil burner" pipes hard to come by in other areas? Why not just have (at least?) 2, one in use, one being cleaned - then one doesn't have to worry about how "long" it might take to clean one?

I know crackheads in my area go through straight-shooter pipes like they're water through a hose; they break so darn easily that a *cough* smart crackfiend buys at least 3 before the session begins.

It sounds like the oil burner/bubble pipes don't have this same issue, though.

Do people 'clean' them of product before cleaning with soap/water/bleach/whatever? I know crackheads will often dissolve crack residue off the inside of the pipe with high-proof rubbing alcohol; is this something that tweakers do before washing their pipes?

I also can't speak highly enough about the Mr Clean Magic Eraser; generic forms also work, but not nearly as well. That thing is a MIRACLE worker & will easily & quickly remove ANY stain ANYWHERE. Well, except blood off of your jeans, but that's what hydrogen peroxide's for. The Magic Eraser only works for the outside of the pipe; though I realize that's the main thing that needs to be cleaned anyway (the carbon deposits/soot).

~Kailey
Old 30-03-2011, 22:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from USA - Texas
MPerfectDrugJ is an unknown quantity at this point

In my pet boston terriers 8+ years of pretty intensive experience, he would say that the best (read: funnest whilst tweaking) is in fact the tried and true method of q-tip + cigarette ash. Its truly impressive how that can return a piece to looking like it did when SWIY bought it. Plus, my pet boston terrier says its hella hella fun to tweak on a pipe like that.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:50
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from United States
equitube is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
It sounds like the oil burner/bubble pipes don't have this same issue, though.

Do people 'clean' them of product before cleaning with soap/water/bleach/whatever? I know crackheads will often dissolve crack residue off the inside of the pipe with high-proof rubbing alcohol; is this something that tweakers do before washing their pipes?

I also can't speak highly enough about the Mr Clean Magic Eraser; generic forms also work, but not nearly as well. That thing is a MIRACLE worker & will easily & quickly remove ANY stain ANYWHERE. Well, except blood off of your jeans, but that's what hydrogen peroxide's for. The Magic Eraser only works for the outside of the pipe; though I realize that's the main thing that needs to be cleaned anyway (the carbon deposits/soot).

~Kailey
My Little Pony has found time and time again that the tough stains are on the inside of the pipe. usually from careless smoking although I think he's a bit farsighted judging by his habit of believing he's directly underneath the bowl while others can plainly see and heartily laugh as they watch him trying to light the air an inch or two in front of it.

He's never had issues with stains on the outside (hint, use good quality butane, u get what u pay 4), he's tried every method mentioned here and then some on the inside ('nother hint, torches or metal scrapers + thin pipes = crack, tinkle (usually at 2am or so when one can't run to the corner store).

The bleach method seems to work the best, and if one can't take 5-10 min to clean a pipe like near new, then one should probably buy them by the dozen and then just smoke and toss.

Tailz Up!!

Equitube
Old 01-04-2011, 07:19

Female from Earth
Jan.Drugger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Get a glass taller than your pipe and fill it up about half way with water, add some dish washing liquid soap, pop in your pipe and nuke it in your microwave for about 4 minutes - should do the trick.
- Jan
Old 03-04-2011, 22:05

24 y/o Female from United States
Daisy_Daze is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsketch View Post
Well i normally use this stuff called Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; 3M Scotch Brite Easy Erasing Pad; Nano Sponge; Coralite Ultimate Sponge. and generically as a "dirt eraser". ...

Then after using Mr. Clean i wash the pipe one last time with hot boiling water then in the microwave for 2-3 minutes to dry it

like brand new again

My Sparkly Unicorn's exact thoughts! Except, Sparkles finds this method even more effective if she uses saliva on the Magic Eraser.

As for the bleach method, Sparkles says she ain't letting no tweeker with a cup fulla bleach near her microwave!
Old 29-04-2011, 19:22

26 y/o Male from United States
StolenThoughtsFromMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

Swim uses Acetone to clean the pipe. First you soak it, then plug the ends w/ your fingers and shake hard. Pour out, maybe use some q-tips; then blow dry.
Old 01-05-2011, 18:47

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2

Bleach and warm water also does the trick.

So does heating the pipe till it gets red with a really hot torch.

vantranist added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Once found a fake flower in a pyrex tube at a decoration type store.... jacked the tubed, 2 pollice officers rolled in soon after.... thankfully it had nothing to do with me..

Also, don't steal, its bad.

POSTER got it right on the money, nothing cleans like bleach, also read my thread about how to collect the resin in you pipe.... its the best way out there.

Last edited by vantranist; 01-05-2011 at 18:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2011, 20:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
Halor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantranist View Post
Bleach and warm water also does the trick.

So does heating the pipe till it gets red with a really hot torch.

vantranist added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Once found a fake flower in a pyrex tube at a decoration type store.... jacked the tubed, 2 pollice officers rolled in soon after.... thankfully it had nothing to do with me..

Also, don't steal, its bad.

POSTER got it right on the money, nothing cleans like bleach, also read my thread about how to collect the resin in you pipe.... its the best way out there.
The fake flowers or Garcia Vega's are NOT Pyrex, they are a much cheaper and less durable version of glass.

They are much easier to blow a pipe with.. but you usually have to replace them occasionally..

Where my rabbit lives he can get long Pyrex tubes at a shop to make.. but he has to buy in bulk and they are much more difficult to blow.

Also you noted that heating the pipe until it's red hot works to clean it out - it may.. but I would not recommend that on anything other than a true Pyrex pipe.. and even then - if you're heating it to being red hot..the glass will begin to be not as durable.
Old 01-05-2011, 21:43

vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up

True, other class will break under that kind of heat. SWIV only works with pyrex tho. This flower stembowl, happenedf to be pyrex, said so right on the tube. Why they would put a flower ina a pyrex tube beats me.... An old lady ran this store and made her own arts and crafts, i don't think she knew the segnificange of those tubes in my town.

Very very hard to find a class ciggar holder. incence holder, rose bottle, at most places that should sell them.

They really cracked down on my area when it comes to buying things in stores that can be used for illigal things.

The drugs are still flowin tho.

vantranist added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Ya they more difficult to blow, but if the bowl breaks you can make a new one over and over.

Last edited by vantranist; 01-05-2011 at 21:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2011, 00:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
Halor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2 Points: 285, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantranist View Post
True, other class will break under that kind of heat. SWIV only works with pyrex tho. This flower stembowl, happenedf to be pyrex, said so right on the tube. Why they would put a flower ina a pyrex tube beats me.... An old lady ran this store and made her own arts and crafts, i don't think she knew the segnificange of those tubes in my town.

Very very hard to find a class ciggar holder. incence holder, rose bottle, at most places that should sell them.

They really cracked down on my area when it comes to buying things in stores that can be used for illigal things.

The drugs are still flowin tho.

vantranist added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Ya they more difficult to blow, but if the bowl breaks you can make a new one over and over.
My rabbit just learned to blow the non Pyrex ones with the Garcia tubes like a week ago.. Plans on grabbing some Pyrex tube and given it a shot.. Rabbit's heard different things though, that you need the special gas to blow Pyrex (the not-propane stuff?) - someone else said you don't HAVE to have the hotter case, it just will take a lot longer with the propane torch.. If SWIY happens to know if SWIY could PM my rabbit..

I'll bet that ol' lady with the Pyrex tube knew damn well what she was doing.. what a better business model then to see something lots of people want as a 'legitimate flower' and makin a bit of profit along the way.. lol
Old 02-05-2011, 03:37

You dont need specail gas.... SWIV used a "Penic" Tourch to make his.... it didnt get as has has he dided it to but he got it to work...

A normal blowtorch willl work fine,
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51
Silver Member

Male from Earth
iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.iNFRiNGE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1 Points: 128, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyspy View Post
Lots of my pet duck's friends swear by the bleach method, but it takes too long for her to wait! She says there's product known as "Whinks" in grocery stores, sold as a rust remover! of all things! but a couple swipes with a soaked cotton bud and its clean, can be washed and dried easily at that point.
You are absolutely correct about the product, how this is not the set in stone method is beyond me and why more people don't know about this today is another shocker since that it has been a vital part of our recreational tools for over 12 years now.

Here's some information and a few tips for the purpose of educating those that know nothing of what it is and to avoid embarrassment or that "look at this tweaker" look you may get if you have no idea what you are looking for other than a name and they ask you what's it for. Ahh duhhh "Fer my oil burner what else" A lot of places are hip to what it's used for as I'll explain below.

1. The manufacturers and brand name is "Whink" no "s" but I'm sure you would find this out eventually.
  2. The products actual name as written on the label is "Rust Stain Remover"
  3. The container is a brown plastic bottle, with a white cap, check their website for a gander at it before you go on your journey.
  4. Where you may find it, in grocery stores it's located primarily on the laundry detergent aisle or with the cleaning products if you shop at Wally World. In hardware stores it's usually where the cleaning products are located.
  5. What's it used for? "quickly and easily removes rust stains from white sinks & white toilet bowls as well as colorfast fabrics & carpets."
I say may find it because it is becoming harder to locate in major US cities any way and no longer available at every single grocery store and drug store like it used to be 10 years ago. One of the primary reasons is because it's linked to meth users and ironically started to disappeared around the same time Red Devil Lye fell off the shelves even though it's not used in manufacturing it's part of the element and also often boosted by none other than "the element".

This may or may not be useful to some of you but those that actually "care" about their tools and hardware usual appreciate this info.

1. What is the active ingredient? "Hydrofluoric acid"
  2. WTF is that? "a compound of hydrogen and fluorine dissolved in water to produce an extremely corrosive acid traditionally used to etch glass and it is the only acid that will dissolve glass. It is neat and leaves a clear finish"
  3. How do I use it sounds dangerous because it's a highly corrosive acid? "If you have super sensitive skin you may want to wear gloves, personally it has never burned the users I know skin, but always practice safety, but understand although it will dissolve glass remember it's used for stains on clothes and doesn't burn holes in the clothes like muriatic or sulfuric acid does"
  4. OK I'm sold how do I use it? "The above quoted method mentions being faster than the bleach method by using a Qtip and wiping around and rinsing. You can do that if you want if you want to take the long route and shorten the life of your pipe by thinning your bowl out.
  5. OK smarty pants whats the faster and better for my piece way then what is already really fast with the Qtip? "Based on over 12 years experience with the goods do the following if you really care about your hardware and want the best results invest in a gallon of distilled water, if you are a cheap skate use pure tap which you'll need anyway and still works but you'll see why I mention distilled. Get your piece no matter how wrecked it is and if you are a Bic user (shame on you, I'll cover that in lighters 101 someday) and have black shit all over the outside which we'll get also in a second pour enough product down your stem to fill a little less than half your bowl with the acid and hit the bowl with a torch lighter or hold it over the stove for about 5 seconds, swirl the product in the bowl and you should see your entire stains are lifted off instantly, pour the crap out down the stem and run tap water down the neck through the bowl for about 10 seconds, follow that with a pipe full of distilled water shake it around dump it and you are done. If you have a shit ton of stains on the outside pour some on a paper towel and wipe the stains off. Distilled water leaves NO water spots which are minerals in the water and a gallon is about a dollar should last at least a month if you are only final rinsing. To dry use a old t-shirt cut off a piece so it looks like a shoe lace when you roll it up and feed it down the neck of your pipe. The best is a slice of Sham-WOW or the Absorber. The whole process takes less than one minute once you get it down. NOTHING can match this method as far as being safe for the glass and turn around time period.
In addition after some time goes by and you feel rough or pitted glass on the bottom of your bowl then follow up with this after you have cleansed your piece again add some acid to your bowl and this time use a QTip and gently rub around the bottom of the bowl area on the inside and outside of the bowl. This conditions the bowl and smooths out the pinholes or pits that eventually start to consume your gear after a while. You can actually feels the roughness on the bottom of the pipe bowl, this will get smoothed out doing this method. Some may have to do this more often some less depending on how often you do your hobby.

I've heard of people going through up to 10 pipes a week because of neglect or clumsy or whatever but the hardware in service today was purchased in November 2010 and is still as good as new and it gets used daily. That's 100% true no BS. But good care leads to that but I'm extreme when it comes to good hardware and gear. But there's no reason anyone shouldn't be able to get more than a month out of a piece.

One more thing this also works for 420 bongs and glass pieces that are fucnked up with resin. Only you have to soak them a longer but leaves them like brand new and kills any product sold at head shops for over $20.
Old 21-10-2012, 18:06
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
highastinkerbell is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2
Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan.Drugger View Post
Get a glass taller than your pipe and fill it up about half way with water, add some dish washing liquid soap, pop in your pipe and nuke it in your microwave for about 4 minutes - should do the trick.
- Jan
Careful not to make a mess of your microwave! put a paper towel or something!
Old 30-10-2012, 14:58

35 y/o Male from United States
Subflow22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

When my burner gets dirty, I get angry and channel my rage at it until the stain removes itself. Barring that, i throw it against the wall to show it who's boss.

Needless to say, I carry some spares. YMMV.
Old 31-10-2012, 01:56

Male from United States
illy should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

I really didn't want to put Hydrofluoric acid in my pipe, but I got some Whink and tried it. I mean no matter how well you rinse it, some of that acid will remain in the pipe. I also tried the bleach method. Both work amazingly well.

BUT, in my opinion, the easiest way to clean a pipe is the magic eraser method. No chemicals to mess with, no microwave needed. Just tear off a tiny piece of magic eraser, moisten with a drop of tap water, and swirl it around in your bowl with a q-tip and the stains disappear....

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, bong, bowl, cigarette, cleaning meth, crack, crack pipe, crack pipes, drug, drugs-forum, glass pipe, meth, meth pipe, pipes, pot, pyrex, resin