Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 25-01-2011, 14:32
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male from United States
hollow ropes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
(White) grapefruit juice and clonazepam?

I've read alot about the interaction between grapefruit juice and the cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 and CYP1A2 enzymes and how they can 'mess with' the breakdown of certain drugs, usually causing them to hit harder and/or last longer.

I've also read a lot about how this doesn't necessarily apply to all benzodiazepines (mainly just alprozolam and diazepam), but some people still swear that it has an effect on clonazepam.

My Monkey has this to ask:

"So, I bought 64 oz. of white grapefruit juice, and I had a good supply of 1mg klonopins. If I were to test this out for myself, how much grapefruit juice should I drink, how long should I wit before dosing the klonopin, and should 1mg of kl.onopin be enough to tell whether this 'experiment' worked? I don't have a high benzodiazepine tolerance by the way."

Any help for the aforementioned Monkey is greatly appreciated.

Post Quality Evaluations:
After being a member for 2 1/2 years, I'd think you'd know not to selfincriminate. Please re-read the rules.

Last edited by Jatelka; 26-01-2011 at 06:54. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-01-2011, 00:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Canada
2dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Re: (White) grapefruit juice and clonazepam?

let me know how it works - swim has 2mg klons and wants to know how many to take and if there is a way to maximize the effect.
also SWIM wants to know how they compare to valium
what is the equivalent of 10mg valium compared to klonopins? is a 2mg klon the same as a 10mg val?
thanks
Old 26-01-2011, 00:44
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

OP, report your post to be edited to remove s/i or delted so that you can start a new one withot s/i.

To the subject at hand, I don't think it will have any effect. I've been prescribed benzos of and on for over 5 years and have many times come across the information paper that comes with the prescription that says aviod grapefruits or grapefruit juice because it can increase the side effects or w/e. I've taken clonazepam with gf juice and grapefruits dozens of times and noticed no difference in effects.

2dboy, 1 mg clonazepam is a good starting dose. You don't need anything to "maximize" the effects because the effects will be strong enough on its own. I personally don't think there's anything apart from other CNS depressants that intensifies the effects of benzos and once you start mixing downers, your chance of dying gets much higher. Benzos alone are pretty much impossible to have a fatal overdose from but if they're mixed with things like opiates or alcohol, it is very possible to die.

I'd say the diazepam to clonazepam ratio would be 10:1. So 10 mg valium would be equal to 1 mg clonazepam.
Old 11-12-2012, 20:56

29 y/o Male from United States
TheTwighlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

No, 0.5mg clonazepam = 10mg diazepam.

TheTwighlight added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

^ That comes from pretty much all the benzo equivalence charts, but I can also say from personal experience that 1mg clonazepam = ~20mg diazepam.

Last edited by TheTwighlight; 11-12-2012 at 20:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, benzodiazapines, benzodiazepam, benzodiazepines, benzos, clonazepam, drugs-forum, grape juice, grapefruit, grapefruit juice, klonopin