Hello everybody! Swim
knows there have been posts regarding sleep and adderall
before, but Swim would like to share some things that have worked for him as he and many others do not have ready access to benzos
. Here are things to do or to avoid if Swiy plans on a decent nights sleep after an amped up day:
1) DO NOT take many small doses throughout the day, Swim finds that this will carry the residual tweak from prior doses late into the night.
2) Be generous with time, allow 12 hours for IR and 16 hours for XR to wear off before sleep.
3) Drink a lot of fluid, primarily water, ideally orange juice or something with a high acid content. Help the body remove the amphetamine
and destroy the remaining amount.
4) Eat a lot of fast carbs. What goes up must come down, this is the same for a sugar rush.
Some OTC ideas
1) 25-100mg Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom, Sominex)- This will drop Swiy. If Diphenhydramine
doesn't work for Swiy as it doesn't for Swim, he recommends this. Med studies show it's more sedating then phenobarbital.
2.) Calmes Forte- Homeopathic sleep aide, not incredibly sedating but will certainly take some of the edge off of that post-amp anxiety.
3.) Beer- Swim knows that not all of Swiy have access to it, but the off-the-chart glycemic index and mild alcohol
content of this might be the last bit Swiy needs to sleep. (Don't drink too much if Swiy is also taking the Doxylamine with it as it is an alcohol pontentiator, among other things, hint hint, wink wink)
Of course there are many Rx cures for Amphetamine induced insomnia, though many of Swiy don't have them.
Any other non-Rx ideas that have work for any of Swiy?