Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-01-2011, 02:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Finland
FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 430, Level: 3 Points: 430, Level: 3 Points: 430, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Sleeping on/after Adderall

Hello everybody! Swim knows there have been posts regarding sleep and adderall before, but Swim would like to share some things that have worked for him as he and many others do not have ready access to benzos or hypnotics. Here are things to do or to avoid if Swiy plans on a decent nights sleep after an amped up day:

1) DO NOT take many small doses throughout the day, Swim finds that this will carry the residual tweak from prior doses late into the night.

2) Be generous with time, allow 12 hours for IR and 16 hours for XR to wear off before sleep.

3) Drink a lot of fluid, primarily water, ideally orange juice or something with a high acid content. Help the body remove the amphetamine and destroy the remaining amount.

4) Eat a lot of fast carbs. What goes up must come down, this is the same for a sugar rush.

Some OTC ideas

1) 25-100mg Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom, Sominex)- This will drop Swiy. If Diphenhydramine doesn't work for Swiy as it doesn't for Swim, he recommends this. Med studies show it's more sedating then phenobarbital.

2.) Calmes Forte- Homeopathic sleep aide, not incredibly sedating but will certainly take some of the edge off of that post-amp anxiety.

3.) Beer- Swim knows that not all of Swiy have access to it, but the off-the-chart glycemic index and mild alcohol content of this might be the last bit Swiy needs to sleep. (Don't drink too much if Swiy is also taking the Doxylamine with it as it is an alcohol pontentiator, among other things, hint hint, wink wink)

Of course there are many Rx cures for Amphetamine induced insomnia, though many of Swiy don't have them.

Any other non-Rx ideas that have work for any of Swiy?
Old 25-01-2011, 06:32
Titanium Member

Female from United States
KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2 Points: 258, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Sleeping on/after Adderall

SWIM swears by Rockstar Energy Drink + Vodka (50 - 50 mixture in the Rockstar can) for very unpleasant stimulant comedowns.

Yeah it's an energy drink but it has (for SWIM at least) a very low tendency to bring one back UP after an Adderall binge. If anything, the mild caffeine intake eases the comedown. And the vodka... well..

It's not the best method and it's not healthy at all but it works for SWIM. SWIM apologizes that this post jumps all over the place, her ADD meds have worn off hours ago and she's eating some really great rice (see how irrelevant)

Anyways, SWIM wonders what others think about this method? ha
Old 25-01-2011, 17:32

Male from Finland
FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.FinnishPharmer is captain of the psychonauts.

Swim finds this combo interesting, an the fact its unhealthy may look back on paper, but anyone who has gone through amphetamine insomnia will know how desperate one can gets, n its not like snorting airduster, so its safe enough haha. How long before bed does swiy usually take this combo?
Old 27-01-2011, 18:58
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Alabama
mmmbreakfast is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 278, Level: 2 Points: 278, Level: 2 Points: 278, Level: 2
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

4-5 shots on an empty stomach puts my cat right out
Old 28-01-2011, 01:26

Male from Finland

Oh, dont get swim wrong, there are a multitude of things he could do to get to sleep, but swim needs to be functional the next day, for work, school, etc. and to wake up early. But swim no longer will have problems, he just got an Rx for Klonopine
Old 29-01-2011, 11:22
Banned

27 y/o Male from United States
Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.

When SWIM used to stay up for days on Dexedrine he'd eventually decide to stop and come down but could never sleep regardless. So he gathered together what he referred to as "the knockout combo", this consisted of the following:

1. 50-75mg of Diphenhydramine
2. 3-5mg of Melatonin
3. 400mg Magnesium citrate
4. a tall glass of water and another of orange juice and another of milk + a banana and a multivitamin (essential to restore electrolytes and proteins after a tweak binge)
6. 500-1000mg of vitamin c (vit c acts as a natural anti-histamine)
7. 800-1600 mg of valerian root extract
8. 1-2 grams of tryptophan

It's a lot yes, but it's all easily available to the public and is all legal. If SWIM were to barebones this list, the Diphenhydramine + Melatonin + valerian + tryptophan synergy is the most essential aspect in producing a strong sedation.
Old 29-01-2011, 11:34
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
CkenX is learning how to become a psychonaut.

My Friend likes Clonidine. It affects the adrenalin glands in your brain causing less. And through a few other brain interactions Clonidine produces and inhibits, the effects of amphetamines are completely hindered. Both drugs have been studied together. Clonidine is the easiest prescription to get from your psychologist, its non narcotic so its alright to ask if you can try it for sleep. My friend also takes small doses (.1mg) Clonidine if he is anxious throughout the day. Also gets ride of shacking, twitches, jaw clenching, and other motive affects Adderall causes. A low dose (.1mg-.2mg) of Clonidine Adderall and other amphetamines together at once don't cancel each other out. Instead promote only the sought out positives. Clonidine taken in a range 2-4 hours after an IR Amphetamine will cause some drowsiness. My friend likes .3mg a night. On a binge my friend takes .6mg which is double what he is prescribed.

Clonidine reduces blood pressure, anxiety, paranoia, fear, PTSD symptoms, racing thoughts, and its even used alone or in conduction with Adderall for kids.
Old 29-01-2011, 21:15

Male from Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkenX View Post
My Friend likes Clonidine. It affects the adrenalin glands in your brain causing less. And through a few other brain interactions Clonidine produces and inhibits, the effects of amphetamines are completely hindered. Both drugs have been studied together. Clonidine is the easiest prescription to get from your psychologist, its non narcotic so its alright to ask if you can try it for sleep. My friend also takes small doses (.1mg) Clonidine if he is anxious throughout the day. Also gets ride of shacking, twitches, jaw clenching, and other motive affects Adderall causes. A low dose (.1mg-.2mg) of Clonidine Adderall and other amphetamines together at once don't cancel each other out. Instead promote only the sought out positives. Clonidine taken in a range 2-4 hours after an IR Amphetamine will cause some drowsiness. My friend likes .3mg a night. On a binge my friend takes .6mg which is double what he is prescribed.

Clonidine reduces blood pressure, anxiety, paranoia, fear, PTSD symptoms, racing thoughts, and its even used alone or in conduction with Adderall for kids.
Hmm... Swim was still trying to help other swiys out with non-Rx ideas but is finding that if swiy really wants sleep, an Rx is top dog. Clonidine looks like an easy one to get a script for. Swim got a script for Klonopin 2 days ago because of his insomnia and that will drop him tweaked or not in 45 minutes if he chooses to go to sleep. Last night swim took 1.5mg Clonazepam, 15mg Hydrocodone, 5mg Oxycodone and a 1g blunt and literally had no control over goin to sleep, he passed out fully clothed on the couch. All of the non-Rx cures posted are the best out there, but if swiy wants a surefire sleep, Rx is the way to go.
Old 29-01-2011, 21:33

23 y/o Male from United States
Strange Brew should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

A friend of mine knows a guy who claims it is much easier to go to sleep after or coming down from a tweak if he has stuffed his stomach with a big healthy meal. And of course plenty of hydration. He says his body seems hesitant to allow him to sleep if he has not restocked the essential supplies his body needs before hand. He admits that this can be a challenge for some people though... many people absolutely hate eating while tweaked, but this guy hates not being able to sleep!

Of course all the other things above help in conjunction.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:01

22 y/o Male from United States
LucidNightmare should review received reputation comments.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

When my dog does take adderall, he ALWAYS go to the gym and does a lot of cardio as well as a fairly heavy routine for muscular strength. He's not sure if this scientifically supported, but he seems to be able to sleep within about 8 hours of taking it, and the quality of sleep seems decent. If he seems to be having a bit of insomnia, a dose of benadryl seems to take the edge off and put him to sleep.

LucidNightmare added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidNightmare View Post
When my dog does take adderall, he ALWAYS go to the gym and does a lot of cardio as well as a fairly heavy routine for muscular strength. He's not sure if this scientifically supported, but he seems to be able to sleep within about 8 hours of taking it, and the quality of sleep seems decent. If he seems to be having a bit of insomnia, a dose of benadryl seems to take the edge off and put him to sleep.
As well, melatonin seems to help, an OTC sleep hormone, but it is key to remain in a dark or dimly lit environment so that the hormone may take effect. My dog has slight access to a prescription to Soma, a muscle relaxer, which as well helps him.
I know this is a lot of ideas, but something in here should work for someone who is suffering form insomnia.

Last edited by LucidNightmare; 08-03-2011 at 04:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-12-2013, 19:03
Silver Member

52 y/o Female from United States
BreakingGood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

BEST NON-RX (And I'm a pill-popper from way back) is to download an audio book. Not one that will bore you, but something you actually want to read. The reason is partially psyop: By definition, you cannot "try" to fall asleep. So listening to something boring that you know ahead of time you won't finish isn't as good as getting interested in a book, because as soon as your mind is on something other than getting to sleep, BAM, it's morning.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:00

Male from United States
EuPhOriKa should review received reputation comments.
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

A few different ones that have worked for me when coming down from adderall:

-chamomile tea
-trazadone
-diazepam
-melatonin
-marijuana
-zolpidem

If you're going to take more than one at a time, make sure to look it up first before you combine them.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:51
Silver Member

MyMom is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My favorite way to catch some sleep after a binge is to drink a screwdriver (oj and vodka) and listen to classical music. i agree that if you try to go to sleep it wont work, you got to let it happen naturally. Another good thing to do is to take a hot bath in the dark. Hope this helps.
Old 17-01-2014, 03:29

Male from Germany
spemat should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

eat?? lol

Post Quality Evaluations:
please refrain from posting short one-line comments that do not add anything to the discussion
Old 18-01-2014, 03:33

michellee should review received reputation comments.
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

ive tried every natural way.. and i still only get to sleep till 4 am(the natural way which includes valerian root, yogis bed time tea etc)
if i dont go through that procedure, i wont sleep for 48 hours.
but still, i cant be staying up till 4 am every night.
ive tried binging on heavy carbs, hot shower, vitamin c.. ill knock out, but way past midnight.
anyone have any suggestions? i hate taking sleeping pills and benadryl.. they make my heart beat so fast and hard (and im beyond relaxed) the combo just doesnt mix well for me.

i havent slept and skipped my second dose today to get to bed. im relaxed right now but i just cant sleep!! its really frustrating

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine after effects, benadryl, drug, drugs, drugs forum, insomnia and amphetamines, over the counter drug, xanax