Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Other drug addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Other drug addiction Support for coping with recovery & addiction on other drugs.

Old 24-01-2011, 03:40
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.
Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6 Points: 1,920, Level: 6
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Phenibut - High doses, full on addiction, and some facts worth noting.

So today I was cleaning my room and I found a notebook someone had written in.. The section that stuck out to me was headed "My Phenibut experience", which read:

Quote:
"I have been using Phenibut now, daily for about 6 months. The first time I tried it, I started out with a supplement called Gabatrol. It contained 65 Grams of a powdered propriety blend consisting of:

- Pheny-GABA
- L-Theanine
- L-Tyrosine
- L-Glycine
- Taurine
- Sceletium Tortuosum (Kanna)
- Stevia

The problem here is that there is no info on how much of each ingredient is in the stuff. It simply lists the amount per serving as "Unique Propriety Matrix.......3200 mg's" It didn't seem to do much. I started out with about a half a teaspoonful and felt nothing after 2 hours. I then followed it with another teaspoonful and began to feel the anxiolytic effects. I felt socially comfortable but 100% clear headed at the same time. I was around my friends who were all drinking - there was a keg at my friends house and I am usually the first one to dive in it. Instead I felt I could care less about it. For the first time in my life I was around drunk people, with no alcohol in my system and not only was I not annoyed but I was enjoying it.

What followed that night was several more teaspoons and no sleep. I found this funny because, everywhere I have read about Phenibut, it seems to say that it helps with sleep. Not for me. No way.

Since that day I never really stopped. The 65 grams of Gabatrol was gone in less than a week. I went back to the place that sells my Phenibut and found 100 Grams of bulk powder - pure Phenibut. I dove right in. The first day I got it I must have taken 5-10 grams. Of course, at this point I was ignoring all warnings of tolerance issues, withdrawal, using it on a cyclic basis (i.e. 2-3 days on 2-3 days off), etc. Over the following few days I maintained a high on it.. taking a teaspoonful every 4-6 hours.

The effects I was obtaining at this point were very strong and noticeable. Heavy anxiolytic effects, a dopamine rush with heavy motivation, and also effects resembling amphetamines as well as opiates/oids.

I didn't sleep for 3 days. I just kept wanting to do things. I'm not saying that I couldn't go to sleep if I tried. More or less that I had no desire to. This is something that has continued to repeat itself in my 6 months of use. Again, this was contradicting most of what I had read about the drug with the exception of a few notes from others.

On top of the not sleeping, I was also biting my lips, making noises and doing repetitive mouth movements, again, resembling amphetamines. Though I stayed up for 3 days by the first night, I was nodding. A strong nod. This is the main reason I say it has resembled opiates. The nod, and also the motivational aspects. The nod - similar to morphine - and the motivational uppity high - similar to Oxycodone.

I will not get into much more detail of the effects right now.. as they are quite unique and hard to explain. I will say that this "nod" and refusal to sleep on Phenibut has started to become a problem. Several times when nodding out or actually falling asleep, my friends and family have come rushing into my room because I was moaning or screaming "fuck!" I have no recollection of this. However it has happened several times and has scared my loved ones. I once gave my brother a high dose and the next morning he was doing the same thing. Weird shit...

Now, it has been 6 months. The longest I have gone without Phenibut was 2 days. I started going through the withdrawals and it was nothing nice. Extreme anxiety at it's fullest.

I once tapered with it. I heard it was very hard to taper with. I actually didn't have much of a problem. I only had about 15 grams left. I had been doing it for about 5 months. I had no money so I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get anymore. I tapered down the 15 grams over a 7 day period, only doing a little when the anxiety would creep in. on the last days I was down to just a half a teaspoonful a day. I wasn't experiencing any w/d symptoms hardly. When it was completely gone and my taper was over, I came across enough money to go by another 100 grams. My sick, addictive rationality was, "hey if I could taper that easily, then surely I can do it again!"

So now here I sit.. 6 months into my new-found addiction, taking, 10-20 grams a day. I rarely ever sleep anymore. I stay up for 3 days or so at a time. When I finally do fall asleep I wake up after an hour or 2 feeling fully refreshed, thanks to Phenibut (I'm being ironic here, as this is not natural). I force myself to go back to sleep though after that and then sometimes sleep for 12 hours straight - only to stay up for 3 days in a row again after I awake.

To anyone who may find or read this notebook, I would like to tell you that the dangers are truly there. Do not ignore the warnings like I did. This is just another addiction to me. I feel like I could be on this stuff for the rest of my life..."
There is more in this notebook but this is all I had time to type up. I hope whoever wrote this is doing better now. Somehow I doubt it

P.A.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Fantastic, informative story. Thanks for sharing.
A very useful addition to the R&A section, since addiction to this drug is not widely talked about.
Old 15-02-2011, 15:03
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
cheshirez is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Phenibut - High doses, full on addiction, and some facts worth noting.

It sounds like whoever wrote that knows they need to calm down and quit. He seems to have the rationale to understand what he needs to do and even the physical ability to do it but he needs to create motivation to.
Old 16-02-2011, 03:17

50 y/o Male from United States
zapatista needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

AFOAF was full blown addicted to phenibut in conjunction with alcohol and GBL. Of all three, phenibut was the hardest to quit and had the worst withdrawal symptoms.
Old 16-02-2011, 05:44
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

^^^ Could you elaborate a little, zapatista?

What made the Phenibut withdrawal different? How did your Monkey get through it?
Old 02-03-2011, 22:56
Silver Member

Male from United States
KTMAdv is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoActivist View Post
So today I was cleaning my room and I found a notebook someone had written in.. The section that stuck out to me was headed "My Phenibut experience", which read:
That sounds pretty similar to SWIM's experience. It's funny how when tolerance develops in SWIM, it develops up to a certain level and then sort of "sustains" and by that SWIM means that the anxiolytic and motivational effects level off and remain as long as he keeps dosing. SWIM never got any sort of motivational effects to the degree that person discusses, although it they were pronounced at higher doses for SWIM(SWIM never broke 4-5G per day but said he was pretty sensitive to most any drug on account of genetics and low body weight). It's pretty fascinating stuff, really - and at the same time, sloppy and imprecise as any sort of drug goes. I've read starkly contrasting reports from all sorts of SWIM's that discussed radically different reactions and addiction states, and withdrawals - all within the same realm of effects but to wildly varying degrees and proportions.

And yet, when SWIM would try to taper, it would have to be very gradual and precise to sort of "ride the anxiety wave" in to the shore, so to speak, and feel it dissipate while also not letting it grind him down.

SWIM also found that Lyrica(pregabalin) prevented the anxiety of withdrawals, while not preventing the dopamine rebound(super energy, almost too much to sit still) in addition to the GABA rebound(horrible, debilitating anxiety and terror at even simple fears) that so many people experieince with GHB and Phenibut withdrawals. As in, no anxiety but LOTS of energy and limited need for sleep. Strange that that sounds like the symptoms whoever wrote that letter was having at extremely high doses?

Regarding the addiction potential - SWIM always though it had the strangest sort of "Why not?" feeling with regards to re-dosing, very different than narcotics or other drugs of addiction. This was true even when he had experienced withdrawals at least once before at extended duration, due to hasty use and forgetfullness with regard to reordering(nothing to do with Phenibut - a basic personality trait). It felt more like a food to SWIM than it ever did a drug, in this sense - "just eat more when you get hungry again". SWIM said it never felt like a drug until he experienced his first taste of withdrawals. Does that make sense? SWIM thought so.

It's clearly more dopaminergic for whoever wrote that journal, given the hypermotivational element mentioned....

For sharing in detail some of your experience. Thanks

Last edited by KTMAdv; 03-03-2011 at 22:01.
Old 16-04-2011, 04:59
Titanium Member

Male from Australia
Troppo is on the way upTroppo is on the way upTroppo is on the way up
Points: 710, Level: 4 Points: 710, Level: 4 Points: 710, Level: 4
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I realise this thread is somewhat old but I just wanted to mention that quite a few people who take huge daily doses of the GABA(B) agonist baclofen as an alcoholism treatment also report the same lack of sleep, and also waking up refreshed after little sleep. Obviously an unusual effect of GABA-B agonists, at least in high doses.

Wonderful connection I was unaware of. Thanks for posting!
Old 29-04-2014, 13:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
MusiciansMallet is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Baclofen is a GABA-b agonist; its been shown to help w/ withdrawal from GABA-a positive allosteric modulators (PAM for short) that bind to the BP (benzodiazepine) receptor on GABA-a subunits; usually on alpha1-4 & 6; & y1-5.. ethanol is known to bind here as well. And at that, w/ Baclofen not causing much w/d itself if weaned properly (must easier, than say, benzodiazepines).

But baclofen has an unknown psychopharmacological property that may or may not be related to its GABA-b agonism; its been shown to reduce cravings in opiate addicts (i know w/o even thinking or wanting to do it, it reduced my buprenorphine MT dose from 4mg to 2mg in a week--otherwise unheard of). It's being investigated on cocaine users w/ much success, too.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:51
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Scotland
Subvert is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Thank you for sharing!

I'd like to say to those who are dabbling with this substance,
Even short periods of use can produce a sort of hangover / rebound anxiety -
It's unpleasant but better to go through this than continue using Phenibut,
While you still can come out the other side without requiring GABAminergics (Baclofen, Pregabalin, etc).

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, l-tyrosine, phenibut, withdrawals

» New Threads
AM I GONNA DIE??? WHAT DID I DO...
Last post by hoopidiupi
2 Replies, 93 Views
My 1st Anniversary of Giving...
Last post by hoopidiupi
4 Replies, 123 Views
will tramadol show?
Last post by Ganja Joe