Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 23-01-2011, 21:33

53 y/o Male from United States
tricks is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
A Mylan 100 mcg patch contains 10.20 mgs of Fentanyl!!

I just checked the package (my prescription ) and that's the amount of Fentanyl in a 100 Mcg patch. Please all SWIMS, apes, cats, dogs, be careful. I can't believe that I felt nothing and had severe pain! I think I may have needed to place it somewhere other than where I did upper arm, then upper back. I have head they didn't or may not work as well on big people and I'm...well huge at least 330 at about 5'10, but on well over 100 pounds from sleep apnea.

Anyway I just want to put out here just how much Fentanyl is in one of these patches! once again, please tell all SWIMS to be very careful and conservative when using this medication, even when prescribed, I get mine from the doctor, but I still read every thing I could find before sticking that sucker on. So all be safe and enjoy.... Tricks

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good job pointing that out, it's a definate safety issue. I always check first, but not everyone does.
Old 23-01-2011, 21:52
About DF,Various & German
Co-Moderator

Male from Earth
Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.
Points: 2,191, Level: 7 Points: 2,191, Level: 7 Points: 2,191, Level: 7
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Re: A Mylan 100 mcg patch contains 10.20 mgs of Fentanyl!!

Well yeah, these patches are designed to emit 100 micrograms / hour over a course of many hours (usually their content is a bit more than the amount of time they were designed for). However, no dosage makes sense if you don't compare it to effective doses and overdoses (lethal doses). So I'm not entirely sure what you want to say here. Yes, the effective dose is much, much lower than 10mgs, and 10mgs is everything but harmless, so nobody should ever try and administer that much (The RC guy personally thinks that Fentanyl generally shouldn't be messed with, regardless the amount), but the patches only do that over the course of days.

The amount of 100 micrograms / hour seems to be quite high among these patches as well.

So, yes, everyone, be careful, and never ever try administering all that content from a patch, regardless of route of administration, as that amount is supposed to be at a constant rate over days.
Old 24-01-2011, 00:27

I posted this because a lot of SWIMS on here talk about cutting them and different ways to administer Fentanyl, even extracting the Fentanyl from the patch with alcohol, smoking or even IV use ( which I think is far to dangerous). I have read a number of post here where the SWIM doing something like this divides by how much the patch puts out per hour, per day X 72 hours. So it can be misleading and dangerous, if using that info as a guide. This amount is only when the patch is worn as directed, There is far more in the patch than that. I thought it would be good for people to know just how much is in a patch, many an OD has happened due to misinformation. Also from what I read total MG's in a patch can vary by manufacture.

I saw where someone in Iceland I believe, posted the exact amount of Fentanyl that was in each patch by brands and the strengths of the patch. Seemed to be a good idea to me, and so did others from the replies, it only makes sense (to me anyway) to know the true amount of what your dealing with, or as close as you can get to it anyway, and it's much safer to divide by the highest amount possible, not the lowest. So that is why I posted this information, if not needed, feel free to have an admin delete it, if they also don't see the point in the post then my mistake. Tricks

Post Quality Evaluations:
For clarifying your harm-reduction intentions
Old 24-01-2011, 00:46
Co-Moderator

Male from Earth
Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.

Ah yes, I may have come across that very thread just today. Someone listed the amount contained in these patches in Finland (perhaps somewhere else there's something about Iceland, too). Thanks for the clarification of your intentions . If I sounded somewhat negative in the other post, I want to apologise - I didn't feel alright earlier today (that's not a good excuse, I know). I didn't want to question that you have something important to say, either, I was just not able to see what the exact point of your post was.

The Fentanyl drug info thread which is stickied contains the warning that the amount given is an amount per hour and that the patches do in fact contain "a lot of" Fentanyl. I think a listing comparing different brands of patches (in different countries, if they differ) would indeed be a good idea in my opinion, though.
Old 24-01-2011, 01:23

Well I may not have been clear on the first post either LOL I have been hurting like hell! so it's all good, and feeling bad is an excuse for a lot of stuff! LOL trust me I do it all the time LOL Another thing if this should be in another thread maybe it can be moved? I agree it's a good idea starting a sticky showing the true amounts of Fentanyl, by manufacture and strength..have a good one .Tricks

tricks added 5 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricks View Post
I just checked the package (my prescription ) and that's the amount of Fentanyl in a 100 Mcg patch. Please all SWIMS, apes, cats, dogs, be careful. I can't believe that I felt nothing and had severe pain! I think I may have needed to place it somewhere other than where I did upper arm, then upper back. I have head they didn't or may not work as well on big people and I'm...well huge at least 330 at about 5'10, but on well over 100 pounds from sleep apnea.

Anyway I just want to put out here just how much Fentanyl is in one of these patches! once again, please tell all SWIMS to be very careful and conservative when using this medication, even when prescribed, I get mine from the doctor, but I still read every thing I could find before sticking that sucker on. So all be safe and enjoy.... Tricks
I have a question, I see where I have been told I should read the rules, I did and may have missed something, could someone drop me a message and let me know what I'm doing wrong? if it is using me as an example of using my patch, I made it clear it's legit, I have been in pain management for 10 yrs now, but again I may have over looked something, so it'd be good to know in future post, thanks... Tricks

Last edited by tricks; 24-01-2011 at 01:23. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-01-2011, 01:44
Co-Moderator

Male from Earth

I wrote you a PM about that. I'm never sure whether people receive my PMs, as there never is a copy in my "sent-mail" folder, but in short it's: You mustn't self-incriminate, even if it's legal for you.

This thread might help clear up some matters:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46110

So, it may be a bit hard to get used to at first, but as your posts indicate you basically seem to know about the self-incrimination stuff

It's just that the rules also apply for perfectly legal prescribed Fentanyl, for example.
Old 24-01-2011, 02:48

Thanks Mersann, got it, now if I can just retain it! the old mind ain't what it used to be LOL
Old 24-01-2011, 04:01
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Real quick here, you CAN talk in the first person about drugs legally prescribed to you as long as you mention they are prescribed to you and you are not talking about abusing them (taking them any other way than prescribed). If you've gotten bad rep for doing it and you werent talking about abusing them and mentioned they were prescribed to you, you should report the rep and have it dismissed.

I got a rep for s/i when talking about using my prescription drugs as prescribed so I started this thread and a mod (jatelka) confrimed what I said above.
Old 24-01-2011, 04:07
Co-Moderator

Male from Earth

Oh, I did not know about that - so I'm sorry for potentially spreading misinformation. It really doesn't simplify the whole issue with self-incrimination, though, but there would be other places to discuss this (e.g. the thread MovingPictures linked to)

//Edit:

Perhaps we should get back to topic now

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drug info, extraction, fentanyl, fentanyl patch, microgram, morphine, mylan